How dark is Crossovers?

Frost137

Hello! I have got a quick question.

So I heard Crossovers has darker concepts than WoE. I want to roleplay a character with a semi dark background. I would want to know what is the extent of darkness in this area of roleplay. Thanks!

Yeah. Crossovers is a lot more flexible than WoE in terms of the sorts of content allowed, but do keep in mind that Canterlot.com is an all ages site, and the rules dictate that all content should be all ages appropriate on any section not marked otherwise. You may be able to go a little darker in Crossovers, but you can still only take it so far.

If you're worried you may be pushing too hard with content, try using the Free For All RP's designated 18+ section instead. Keep in mind that even there, there is some extreme content that will never be allowed on Canterlot.com.

To further expand on this: all threads you create are really are a product of your own whim. You may keep the tone of the thread as dark or as light as you'd like, as long as you are not violating the all-ages policy of Canterlot. Some players even use WoE's canon rules/tone with characters that might not be a good fit for WoE. You're ultimately in control of your own experience, as the content in different threads tends to vary by the creator, and the players within participating.

Okay, so how's parents dying without the gore? Is that okay?

Well, your character's parents having died is actually okay for WoE under some circumstances. It really depends on how its presented.

Oh....

Since the show never shows or hints death or one's death (referring to AJ's parents?) I never thought that we would not accept it in WoE.

Can you clarify which of these are okay? Sudden (natural) death; catastrophic death; poisoning death;

We're probably okay with most things so long as you stay away from murder. Ponies aren't ever going to be killing each other in WoE. Regardless of cause, stay away from describing anything in really graphic and/or violent terms. Natural causes, sickness and accidents are generally going to be acceptable though. Really a lot of it depends on the presentation of it. I'd maybe even allow a monster attack if the detail was kept down. Ponies or most other fully sentient species killing each other would just be the big immediate no.

I'd suggest presenting it for WoE at first and if it's too extreme, we will tell you that crossovers would be better.

• Like 1