Elements of harmony: the new heroes [Closed]

1000 years ago two evils purged the land of Equestria, Chrysalis the queen of Changelings, and King Sombra the one behind the enslavement of the Crystal Ponies. Chrysalis had Equestria in her hoofs but was defeated with the love of Candence and Shining Armor and Sombra almost finished what he started if it wasn't for the very same mare and stallion. They were Vanquished and thrown from Equestria never to return...

Or so we thought.

1000 years past and the Crystal Empire flourishes, the Crystal ponies are all happy living life to its fullest. When suddenly the Sky went black and the air turned cold. the ponies had no idea what was going on, when suddenly it happened Changelings swarmed the city. The ponies scattered and ran hiding where ever the could. then they stopped, the ponies looked out from their hiding places only to see two figures they have come to dread they looked at each other then flew into the air then using combined magic sent a beam of powerful magic down onto the center of the Empire destroying the Heart which kept the empire afloat the entire empire came crashing down. then vanished with all the ponies in it.

In Canterlot:

"Discord. Did you feel that?"

"Yes Princess. I believe it is time."

"Alert Twilight and Luna."

"yeas your Majesty."

"...and Discord."

"Yes?"

"Break the news to Twilight slowly. We don't need her in one of her 'moods'."

"Understood."

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darkness sat in the WhiteTail forest as he looked up into the sky, wondering if Luna really had a moon base, "Ah well" he shrugged and peaked his head over a bush, the coast seemed clear, it was still early enough that not many ponies were awake. He slowly got out of the forest and trotted down the road, take ally ways if he spotted somepony, he was a shy, nervous little Pegasus. One could blame his parents for that, they neglected him, but that was the past, he ignored that, but it was still hard for him to fit in.

Lightning Lane was high in the sky, getting her section of Canterlot's clouds correct. Despite beening in charge, she liked to actually be out, inside of stuck in an office. Quickly setting them put, she glanced over at another area, and another. Until she was satified that everything was set up correctly.

She sighed, before lazily flying to the Headquarters, entering her office and resting on the couch.

Her mind had kept drifting back to her brother, more so than usual, and she needed to get away. She lied there, trying to clear her mind of all thoughts

~Twilight, within her office at the Magus Academy~

Tick...tick...tick...tick...tick... Despite the study's size, the magically-powered clock at the back of the room seemed to make a louder and louder click as time advanced, carrying an echo across the room. Papers lay scattered on the desk and on the hardwood floors, scattered as if a tornado had blasted through the office. Endless piles of books rose high to the ceiling, teetering precariously over the head of the office's current occupier; Lady Twilight. By those amongst the Magus Academy, she was known as the Spellmistress, while those who knew her referred to her as simply Twilight.

The Alicorn's head lay resting ontop of an open book, her dark-blue mane lay in a tangled mess, her coat slightly matted. Sleep had overtaken her during another late-night study on a subject of importance to her lately; time travel. She had done it in the past, on accident, but had never truly mastered it. Everything else about magic she understood and could use extraordinarily...except Time. Her eye-lids began to flinch with every tick from the grandfather clock behind her, as if her body were preparing itself for the impending alarm. Suddenly, the sound of the resounding chimes within the clock grandly echoed through the office, reverberating several times and centered on her.

When the chimes faded, Twilight's eyes opened slowly, the groggy haze of awakening clinging to her vision. Lifting her head, she gazed about at the mess she had made last night and sighed tiredly, getting up from her desk and chair as her horn summoned a purple glow. A wave of magical essence wafted throughout the room as the hundreds of papers and books were either put back, thrown away, reordered, or simply put in a spot out of the way. It took a few moments till the job was done, causing her to sigh again as she looked at herself in a mirror. Approaching it, she took a comb from one of the drawers in her desk and started brushing out the knots in her mane. Once that was done, she tended to her violet coat next. Satisfied, she sat down at her desk and continued her reading from last night, opening a book titled; The Fragility of Time and Space: How Manipulation Can Harm The Balance of Existence.

"Hmph...I figured Starswirl for a philosopher as well, but never a ranter." Twilight muttered icily at the pages. However, she continued to read anyway...she hated not finished a book after opening it.

Care was flying around Canterlot on this day. He was all ready to deliver the mail. He had his mailbag and everything. While he was flying around he looked up into the sky at where he thought the moon would be. And he said to himself, "I wonder..". But then he stopped himself when he noticed a ponied mailbox had the flag up. He flew down to it and picked up the mail. He looked at the name on the side of it and noticed that this pony also had some mail for them. He smiled and pulled out their letters and put them in the box and pushed down the flag. He then flew up but only hovered above the buildings. He looked up at the clouds and saw the weather ponies moving them. He smiled in their general direction and then looked away. Care then continued to fly around Canterlot delivering mail as usual. He figured that today was going to be the same as yesterday and the day before that. But he enjoyed delivering mail so he put a smile on his face.

Time ran quick through his dorm in the magus college. He was quite a bit scared of the events that were to take place. He was fine with being late and all of that but the teacher's punishment would be severe! Time quickly levitated his books to him and and put his glasses on. He rushed to find the pocket watch he always wore and put in around his neck. He rushed out the door and trotted as fast as he could. He kept checking his pocket watch.

[colour=#696969]"I'm late, I'm late, I'm late! Oh man I'm going to be in so much trouble!" [/colour][colour=#000000]He said practically shouting those words.[/colour]

A startling thought occured through her mind as she finished a paragraph in her book. "Oh my...I forgot. There's a class this morning...well, I should have time for this book later. Or...this book could be today's subject." Smirking in satisfaction, she lifted the tome with a manipulated flow of air, and summoned a portal at the center of her study, the other side revealing a university-sized classroom. Moving around her desk, Twilight trotted into the portal, a flash of light signaling her departure.

The next moment, she was near the white-board at the front of the room, students who had arrived earlier blinking in surprise at their mentor's sudden appearance. With a warm smile, she greeted those who were already there. "Good morning, class. You all slept well, I trust?" Murmurs in reply echoed throughout the classroom, and she nodded. Students were still arriving, but the bell would ring soon...when Twilight decided it, of course. Everything here ran through magical lay-lines she herself had constructed, powering all devices and systems with endless supplies of magic. Gazing around, her eye noticed an abnormality in the scene before her; Time wasn't here yet. A bright learner and one of her favorite students, he was almost always here...what made him late today? "...I'm sure he has a good reason..." She muttered softly, before turning to the board and beginning to write down some important review subjects from the previous session.

Time trotted fast down the halls and passed the stone arches and certain paintings Time was enthralled with. He normally would have stopped to admire the paintings but he was running far too late for that. The bell had rang while Time was still on his way to class. [colour=#696969]"Oh no, Oh no, Oh no." [/colour][colour=#000000]He said as he finally charged into the class room. He looked over at the spellmistress and bowed apologetically. [/colour][colour=#696969]"I'm so sorry." [/colour][colour=#000000]He said[/colour]

Discord appeared in the back of the class unnoticed by anypony he sat down then raised his hand "Spellmistress, we need to talk." He said in a very sophisticated voice. He looked at time there was something about him that was special, but that didn't matter at the moment. "It's very important that we speak."

Care proceeded to fly around Canterlot low above the buildings. He noticed the Magus College. He began to stare at it in awe. He couldn't believe how big it was. He had seen it multiple times before but this time to him it just seemed to jump out at him. He then saw a little shop near the College and he flew down to it. He landed on the ground and heard the murmur of Canterlonies saying things like, [colour=#800080]"I say."[/colour] or [colour=#4b0082]"Well." [/colour] He paid no attention to them and he trotted into the shop. He found the store clerk and said, [colour=#daa520]"Hello sir."[/colour] He put on a friendly smile to the older stallion. The stallion looked at Care scoldingly and said, "[colour=#ff0000]Oh great. Another pony that doesn't go to school."[/colour] The stallion scoffed and looked away from Care. Care squinted his eyes and said, [colour=#daa520]"Hey I chose not to go to school anymore. That doesn't make me dumb!"[/colour] He put his hooves up on the counter and stared at the old stallion. Care moved his mailbag around and said, [colour=#daa520]"Do you want your mail or not?"[/colour] He continued to stare at the stallion. The stallion opened one eye and looked over at Care. He said, "[colour=#ff0000]Yes I suppose i would."[/colour] He closed his eye and turned around and trotted away. Without looking at Care he said,[colour=#ff0000] "Just place it on the counter and please do try not to break anything. I know that may seem hard for you."[/colour] The stallion laughed at his own joke. Care muttered words to himself and he pulled out the letters and spat them on the counter. He intentionally made sure some of the letters fell on the ground. He trotted outside and he took off into the sky. He continued to fly low and said to himself,[colour=#daa520] "I forgot how some Canterlonian ponies can be."[/colour] He sighed and continued flying. But Care was happy that he delivered the mail. He was glad that he had a job that he loved. Come Rain, Sleet, Snow or a jerk of a pony, Care delivers the mail. Care smiled to himself.

~Twilight, within Classroom 102 of the Magus Academy~

Shortly after she finished writing on the board, she turned to find Time standing at the entrance, panting and apologizing for his late arrival. The scene caused a ripple of murmurs among the other students, their eyes glancing from the Spellmistress and to Time. After a moment, Twilight cleared her throat and spoke; "...I see. Young stallion, please find your seat, for we'll discuss this later." Twisting back to her class, she nodded. "Today, we will be learning and discussing the science of Alchemy...one of the few studies that involves both magic and scientific knowledge. For millenia, the goal of every Alchemist is to change any old metal into gold...granted, no method has been found thus far, but..."

Her voice dwindled when she caught sight of a raised hand in the back of the crowded classroom, her eyes studying the figure curiously. Truthfully, she was surprised at Discord's sudden appearance; however, as a veteran politician and diplomat, she knew when to replace any emotion with a mask of serenity. In the past, she and her old friends had defeated Discord with the Elements of Harmony, changing him to stone. Until recent years, he had been in his petrified trap. Despite his evident, and perhaps truthful, change of heart...she still felt uneasy around the former Old God of Chaos. Listening to his request, she sighed and nodded. "Of course...we shall take this to my study. Students! Turn to page 161 in our Transformations textbook, and review Transmutation magic."

Opening up yet another portal back to her office, she advanced on through. When she arrived on the other end of the portal, it took barely a second to reorientate herself before moving back over to her desk, sitting down and waiting for Discord to come through the portal and explain why he had interrupted one of her classes...that irked her as much as the memories she had of his...'pranks'...in the past.

Discord flew threw the portal then closed it and stood on the ground with a very serious look on his face. "Twilight it's about your brother." Discord said "You may want to sit down." he snapped his fingers and she was in a chair. "Twilight. Shinning is dead..."

Time had scampered back to his seat and opened his book. He looked like he was reading but in his mind he was thinking very clearly.

[colour=#696969]"I...I'm in so much trouble. I, let myself be late! I know that the Spellmistress would do that. Maybe...What if I do the alchemy spell! Yes that should get me out of trouble for sure!" [/colour]

[colour=#000000]He thought standing up now and walking to the front of the class, where everypony could see him. He summoned a big black pot in front of him and the ingredients appeared in front of him. He looked at the rusted Iron and thought about the possibilities! He quickly saw the other ingredients to a transforming spell he was taught last week.[/colour]

(If Time could sing, this is probably what he would sing. Actually you know what Time is quietly singing this to himself as he's working. XD Just replace applebloom with...Echo. That's his best friend.)

Time chopped up some of the carrots and other vegetables and put them into the pot with a large bucket of water. He set them down on a fire that he kept contained on the floor. Then he moved on to a new batch of oranges. He peeled them and threw the skin into the boiling water. Next he stirred it a bit with a silver spoon. After that he stood back a little and prepared for whatever would happen. He levitated the rusted Iron over the brew and dropped it in. After a few seconds of absolutely nothing a large puff of silver smoke filled the room. Then after a bit of coughing Time had levitated for the rusted iron piece to come out and when it did Time was met with a shiny piece of gold.

[colour=#696969]"Ha ha! Success!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Time cheered from his pot.[/colour]

~Twilight, within her office with Discord at the Magus Academy~

She stared at the oddly-shaped creature before her, her face blank and her eyes gazing into his. Then, after a long, long moment, her lips curved upward in a cold smile. "...my my, Discord. I know your jokes and sense of humor change direction every once in awhile, but this is dark...even for you." Grimacing, a plate occupied by a teapot and cups floated over, steam rising from two freshly made glasses. She snagged one of the cups and took a wary sip of it, shaking her head slightly as she put a few sugar cubes into it. "Much to bitter... Now, how about you tell me why you're really here, and the reason Celestia sent you to bother me." She no longer held the reverence she once had for Celestia, due to the amount of years she had lived. In truth, Twilight saw the Princess' rule as a fragile thing...and if she truly wanted to, she could have easily toppled her former teacher and taken the throne herself. If she wanted to, which she didn't.

Discord looked at her in a very stern expression "Twilight. He's dead. And so is Cadence. Somebra and Chrysalis have returned. and the first thing they did was destroy the Crystal empire." He told her

(I'll just have Care come in I guess. XD)

Care continued to fly low above the buildings. He then landed on a rooftop and checked his mailbag. He was going through his mental checklist on the ponies that he had delivered to.

He then found a letter that said it was to be delivered to the Magnus College. Care smiled and then got up and put the letter in his bag and flew off towards the college.

Care landed in front of the college doors and realized how large they were. He opened one and trotted through the college. He noticed paintings and pictures of ponies from past and present generations. He also noticed that almost all of them were unicorns. He sighed and then looked down at his wings and tried to look at his forehead. He felt like an outcast in the college but he was proud to be a pegasus. He then looked down at the letter again. It said it was to be delivered to the Magnus College. It had no name on it. So Care assumed that this means the College must have a big mail bin somewhere. He wandered down the halls aimlessly looking around. He found a map of the college and rushed over to it. He analyzed it and found a central office on it. He marked it in his mind and took off towards it.

Care found the office and he trotted on it. He trotted up to the desk and said,[colour=#daa520] "Hello I have a letter for the College." [/colour] The pony behind the counter said, [colour=#008080]"Alright well just drop it in the bin right there!"[/colour] She pointed towards the bin and smiled. Care smiled and said, [colour=#daa520]"Thanks!"[/colour] He pulled out the letter and dropped it in the bin. He turned around and headed out the door of the office.

Luna Sits upon her throne Inside the moon palace, preparing for her quarterly Request hearing. The moon Kingdom may not be new but is is still growing. Pony by pony file inside the the throne room and make there case to Luna and Luna listens With ears and eyes concentrated on them. As the Hearing comes to an end Luna gets chills as if a gust of cold air came flying threw the throne room. Luna said to herself "Something is amiss, General i want Patrols bumped up and Want all guards equipped to the fullest also i Want you to distance yourself from me, you are no longer allowed inside the palace, I will come to you, you do not come and find me.

Darkness sighed as he looked up at the Magnus College and looked down, he wanted to go there, ya know, to learn magic. He flapped his wings as a reminder of how he was a Pegasus, and a useless one at that, seeing as he was raised by Unicorns he had little flying experience. No no this didn't make him a bad flyier, he could probeley have competed well this Rainbow Dash, the legendary SonicRainBoom element of harmony, but that was it. He had no idea how to cloud control, nothing weather related, and he couldn't carry anything while flying, so what was the point? He began to head away, "Wish I could have just been born a Unicorn, then I would fit in,"

Lightning finally exited her office, and took a glance at the weather requests for the day, the special ones in particular.

"Rain wanted over the food district at 1......Increase cloud cover at Castle at 3....Ah, this is the one i was looking for. Rain required at Magus acedmeny for....Blah blah blah, request made by High-up offical..yada, yada, yada...Reqiured expertse...Well, i know where i'm headed"

Lightning spend the next few minutes filling out paper-work, before flying through her office window, and grabbing several rain clouds. She stared to make her way over to the acemedy.

On her way, she saw a Pegasus, close to the ground, on i. She couldn't tell, but she didn't need to see if they were on the ground to see how weak their wings were in comparason to a regular Pegasi's.

She finally arrived at the acemedy, and quickly got to setting up the rain clouds, making sure the more volitile ones didn't set of lightning by accident.

She glanced inside, and saw many unicorns, all waiting for their teacher to teach them.

"Unicorns......" she muttered, continuing with her job, humming to herself as she did

Time had successfully used the transormation spell! He had turned a rusty piece of Iron into a solid piece of gold. He teleported the pot and utensil's he used away and stopped his fire spell so the fire was out. He walked out of the room and trotted to the spellmistress's door. He was about to knock when he heard her say "Now how about you tell me why your really here, and the reason Celestia has sent you to bother me." [colour=#000000]Time stopped dead in his tracks and put his ear to the door so he could hear the whole conversation.[/colour]

After looking Discord in the eyes for what seemed like an eternity, she got up slowly, turned, and approached the wide windows at the back of her office. Rolling green hills met her view, as well as scattered trees, streams, and shrubbery...she remembered picking the spot due to its calming qualities. Now, the colours appeared dull to her, and it wasn't just from the brewing rain. "...It has come to pass, then. I wished this day would never come, but..." Taking in a deep, shuttering breath, she continued. "...who did it? Who killed my brother and my sister-in-law?" Her voice sounded odd, cold and deadened, even to herself, but it matched what she felt inside. Shining Armor and Cadence...dead...it seemed impossible, but she knew that one day it would happen. Her research into premonitions once again bit her flank viciously.

Darkness trotted slowly down the road, it was still quite early so he could take the main roads without worrying too much about somepony spotting him. He looked at the stores, most were closed or very quiet, that was the way he liked it

~Twilight, within her office in the Magus Academy~

The alicorn mare gave a icy, brutal laugh. The Elements? "...Discord, the Elements were absorbed into my body a millenium ago. There's no way to retrieve them, and even if there were...I would most likely die in the process. No, I'm afraid..." She paused, blinking before turning to look at one of the books piled on her desk, titled A Glimpse of Spellwork Crafting: The Creation of Artifacts, and trotted over to it, opening the leather-bound tome to a diagram. "...no, no we may not be able to take them from my body, but...what if we can create new Elements? Elements that are stronger, better, grander than the last ones? If we can, it could pave the way to even greater sciences and discoveries. Oh, and save Equestria, of course." She said the last sentence as if it were an after-thought, shrugging before closing the book with one of her hooves.

[colour=#696969]"Elements of harmony?" [/colour][colour=#000000]Time whispered as he eavesdropped. [/colour][colour=#696969]"I've...read about those, right? Let's see there was honesty, charity, kindness, loyalty, laughter...and what was the last one? Was it magic or was it friendship?"[/colour]