What anime are you currently watching?

carameldelight

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attack on Titan is done. Puella Madoka Magicka and Kill la Kill are next on the docket.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Woo! We're getting Dio to watch more anime. :D

Madoka and Kill la Kill are things not to miss for sure! ;)

And no update on what I'm watching. it's still the same shows as last post. :P

Finished both Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo and ToraDora!, or in short, I went on a feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel trip.

Starting Chuunibyou demo Koi ga ****ai! now.

More feel.

On a off-topic side note, I'm going to start reading Yotsubato! in raw soon. Fun language learning.

• 2 months later...

I'm currently going through all 85 episodes of Robotech (which is pretty much butchered anime), Southern Cross is really dragging though.

I also just got my hands on the English language dub of the live-action Space Battleship Yamato and it is AWESOME!.

Rarity is keeping up with the new, current season anime as usual. This season however, I've decided to try and follow more anime series than can possibly be good for me... :sleep:

These are the 12 shows I'm currently watching, with some of my very basic thoughts on them so far.

• Aldnoah.Zero - interesting mecha anime that seems well written, thought out, animated and paced, though a little lacking in effective character development so far.
  • Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei - seems bigger on early intrigue than the first season; good fanservice and silly fun for big Fate fans like myself.
  • Hanayamata - a decent moe series mostly set apart by excellent art design and a somewhat more niche seeming focus. Characters could maybe be better.
  • Locodol - all around fun, funny moe comedy with likable characters and an appealing premise.
  • Momo Kyun Sword - utterly shameless, dumb fanservice, but still somehow entertaining and earnest enough to be likable and engaging for me at least.
  • Persona 4 Golden: The Animation - seems to make a good companion pieces to the original P4 Animation. Any time spent with P4's cast is worthwhile; plus there's Marie.
  • Psycho Pass: Extended version - serves as a good excuse to watch one of the very best anime of the last five years again. Splicing the episodes together works surprisingly well so far.
  • Sabagebu! - as bishoujo, irreverent and dark as it can be, it's kind of a shock that the manga was published in a shoujo magazine (it feels just like a seinen schoolgirl comedy). A very fun, silly time.
  • Space Dandy 2 - more Space Dandy, just as utterly unpredictable, charming and ridiculous as it was before.
  • Sword Art Online II - still hard to know what to feel about it. It's not all perfect; I have some of the same mixed feelings as I did with the second half of the first season. There's some intrigue, however, and it's compelling enough.
  • Tokyo ESP - presentation is kind of strange with a first episode that seemed to get ahead of itself, but it's shaping up nicely. Stylish and interesting seinen action series with a rare female lead.
  • Zankyou no Terror - aside from Psycho Pass, which probably doesn't count, the thing I'm enjoying most right now. Interesting that it's Shinichiro Watanabe; it's about as far from his other offering this season, Space Dandy, as is possible.

Back from a day of breaking my wallet at Akihabara, I probably have enough shirts to cycle for half a month before it repeats... Nothing but anime shirts xD

Pretty much Rarity's list minus Momo Kyun Sword, Fate/Kaleid, Pyscho-Pass (backlisted the original though), and Space Dandy, but plus Ao Haru Ride, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun, Jinsei, Rail Wars (I still haven't seen Multi-track drifting), Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, and Barakamon. That's for the current season.

As for backlist, I've currently got Toaru Majutsu no Index II, Toaru Majutsu no Index Endymion (Movie), and Clannad queued for when nothing's airing.

I'm just sitting here waiting for the Love Live! Movie to come out, given how much hyping advertising there is for it.

Archived