What anime are you currently watching?

carameldelight

Just to note... H and Ecchi are synonymous in Japan. Its in America that made the distinction. Well anime fans in america that is.

@Rosie: It really depends on the person. I was captivated by the 2 part episode the Winter Solstice, but was interested by the first episode because of the accurate depiction of martial arts. But my favorite, non-two-part episode of season 1 was probably The Deserter.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to really get into it! I knew it was good, it just had to discover itself and click -- it finally did! Episode 5 was hilarious!

Introduction of King Bumi, had to be awesome. Btw, Earthbenders are almost all universally awesome. Wait till you meet Toph in Book 2.

Call me crazy (and believe me, I am), but I think you like anime adventure/action shonen, Dbz!

Have you tried Hellsing, Trigun, or Cowboy Bebop before? Those are my "main three mainstream" animes that I always seem to recommend.

I'm currently watching Zero no Tsukaima (first season), Pokémon (that's considered to be an anime, right?), Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (Rei and Kai, too, once I get there), Macross Frontier and Sailor Moon.

Not all at the same time, I've got over 700 episodes left of Pokémon to watch. :-|

I really like and enjoy all the shows that I listed P.S. do Avatar The Last Air Bender and Legend of Korra count as anime me and my friend Josh like to think so but that's mostly because of the fact that every character has a Japanese/ Chinese name.

Anime, by definition in America, is animation from Japan. So, no, Avatar is not. It's an American cartoon done in anime style animated in Korea.

Anime, by definition in America, is animation from Japan. So, no, Avatar is not. It's an American cartoon done in anime style animated in Korea.

Ok I thought it was because the characters have asian names you know names that sound like the characters are Japanese or Chinese.

Though recently I finished Gun X Sword which is awesome.

Of course it is!

And I tought that I was only person on this forum who watched this series. Who could guess?

Gurren Lagann.

Again.

I couldn't get into that one, despite how popular it is!

Despite being devoted mecha fan I couldn't bring myself to cotton on it as well. I...just don't know. Maybe it's mecha designs (always was more into Real Robots - blame Gundam)? Or Kamina voice (highly irritating for my ears!)? Heck I dislike Simon VA too! Even one of my favourites Nobuyuki Hiyama (Viral) couldn't change that.

For good, high spirits series I reccomend GaoGaiGar which is everything NGE isn't. Tired of angst? Watch GGG!

Of course it is!

And I tought that I was only person on this forum who watched this series. Who could guess?

Despite being devoted mecha fan I couldn't bring myself to cotton on it as well. I...just don't know. Maybe it's mecha designs (always was more into Real Robots - blame Gundam)? Or Kamina voice (highly irritating for my ears!)? Heck I dislike Simon VA too! Even one of my favourites Nobuyuki Hiyama (Viral) couldn't change that.

For good, high spirits series I reccomend GaoGaiGar which is everything NGE isn't. Tired of angst? Watch GGG!

Ok that's cool man you must really like giant fighting robots since I know you like Transformers and Gundam.

well i dont watch much anime anymore, ever since i got into this fandom and MLPFiM i rarely watch any at all

I watch all Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Z Kai, Dragon Ball GT, Bakugan, Beyblade (current not original), Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Yu Yu Hakusho and Sailor Moon.

I watch all Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Z Kai, Dragon Ball GT, Bakugan, Beyblade (current not original), Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Yu Yu Hakusho and Sailor Moon.

i cant stand naruto, not every character needs a back story. i like YU YU Hakusho, and DBZ and DBGT. Kai has left out alot of stuff

i cant stand naruto, not every character needs a back story. i like YU YU Hakusho, and DBZ and DBGT. Kai has left out alot of stuff

Kai is pretty good I wish they didn't leave out the Buu saga though. Plus I agree that Yu Yu Hakusho, original DBZ and DBGT are cool. P.S. did you know that they were showing GT on Nicktoons Network?

Archived