MLP Fair, Q&A Video up!

flutterscotch

1. Do you think someone cast the g1 Luna or found a porcelain bait?

2. That Zecora is absolutely amazing. . . and is that ponies for your ponies in the background? XD

3. Totsty Sparkle is absolutely hilarious

4.FIZZY! *Squeels*

5. Look at that flocking! Modgepodge and two different types of glue later, and I still can't get my flocking to stay stuck to the pony. . . Spent all that time making an electrostatic applicator and I can't even put it to good use. [/rant]

Plushies. . . Goddamnit NDK, why won't you let me make my plushies for the Arist's Alley?? Those were right there, under Hasbro's NOSE and nobody got sued.

1. Do you think someone cast the g1 Luna or found a porcelain bait? They cast it. The woman who made them also had porcelain seaponies for sale, as well as tiny ceramic petites (I bought one of the petites.

The g1 ceramics were WAY different than the actual toys

2. That Zecora is absolutely amazing. . . and is that ponies for your ponies in the background? XD YEP! They were awesome.

3. Totsty Sparkle is absolutely hilarious

4.FIZZY! *Squeels*

5. Look at that flocking! Modgepodge and two different types of glue later, and I still can't get my flocking to stay stuck to the pony. . . Spent all that time making an electrostatic applicator and I can't even put it to good use. [/rant] *hugs*

Plushies. . . Goddamnit NDK, why won't you let me make my plushies for the Arist's Alley?? Those were right there, under Hasbro's NOSE and nobody got sued.

5pijps.png

It had to be done. Just sayin'.

Oh man I didn't even notice those tiny ponies in the back until you pointed that out, that is 8 shades of awesome.

I'm so kind of curious about hasbro's official stance on some of this. They clearly don't mind people using what must be copyrighted pony designs, and they downright encourage customs of all sorts ("blanks" can be bought through their site). If I remember right it was actually a Dr Who copyright violation that took down shoe brony. It's pretty intelligent of them to allow these sorts of things, honestly. Being so laid back and encouraging of the creativity of fans and collectors really only serves to cement loyalty to the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Like a boss.

OOOh! Someone filmed the Q&A

The Gist:

They are planning 28 individual ponies for 2011, some of which are going to be a special thing with Target.

We will not see Scootaloo, or Big Mac, Granny Gmith, Nightmare Moon this year.

The blind bag ponies aren't going to be standard ponies anytime soon.

No comment on flutter or sea ponies (which means they ARE planning them)

They may try new eyeshapes

Molded hair ponies are not planned for 2011, because girls like hair.

No G1 characters will be reused this year. But that doesn't mean that they won't.

the DVD IS Being planned! And some will be packaged with ponies!

Series is rolling out globally. Didn't mention where, though, but it is being translated.

No plans for a movie.

And they ARE aware of the bronies.

The first adult shirts have hit here: http://www.welovefine.com/

They are THINKING of doing a fair special pony, a g1 character AS a g4. but haven't committed.

No pony points product for 2011.

OMFG I WANT TO GO SOOOOOO BAD ASDF :sniff:

I love how she says 'Brony Base'. She also called them the 'Cutie Crusaders'. *Geeky know-it-all mode activated* Well, we, like, ALL know that, umm, they're called the 'Cute MARK Crusaders', 'cha. . .

Also, some comments. . .

1. Where is the Con?

2. I'm glad someone asked about why in the flying **** Celestia is pink.

OOOh! Someone filmed the Q&A

The Gist:

They are planning 28 individual ponies for 2011, some of which are going to be a special thing with Target.

We will not see Scootaloo, or Big Mac, Granny Gmith, Nightmare Moon this year.

The blind bag ponies aren't going to be standard ponies anytime soon.

They may try new eyeshapes

Molded hair ponies are not planned for 2011, because girls like hair.

No G1 characters will be reused this year. But that doesn't mean that they won't.

the DVD IS Being planned! And some will be packaged with ponies!

Does this mean 28 ponies for the US or globally? I'm still not to clear on how they release their waves and I'd like to collect as many of the G4s as I can. Please god more eye shapes! Not all Unicorns have almond shaped eyes thank you!

Wasn't Scootaloo misnamed as Applebloom and packaged with another of the mane cast?

I really hope we get a Season one box set DVD release, Hasbro has a bad habit of putting 1-4 episodes on a disk and releasing them in "volumes" which for me is annoying because my local Wal-mart likes to only order the last half of those volumes, put them out for a week then pull them off the shelves.

hi hi

If they are going to put in flutter ponies/sea ponies, I wonder how that will mesh with previous statements about Princess Celestia possessing traits from all the different kinds of ponies she rules over. Will sea ponies maybe be part of a different country all together? Arrr, so many questions...

Oh G'dammit... I hate those things, I really hope they don't shoehorn them into the series, but Hasbro probably will which means all I can hope for is for them to not cause the series to Jump the Shark.

I didn't expect much from the convention or Q&A as it seemed to focus more on the old time collector and fan part of the fandom, but at least they are coming out with the DVD, which makes me happy.