More complicated names on other characters?

I thought it was kind of appropriate for Pinkie to have such a complex name considering her upbringing..."Pinkamina" has an old timey style to it, and considering she was brought up in the nearest thing ponies have to the Amish....

If you listened to the commentaries on the Season 1 DVD..The VA for Rarity, Tabitha St. Germain, mused that the unicorn basically made up her accent to sound more proper..More ladylike...Wonder if Rarity is her real name? Maybe she has more of a 'cute' name? :scream:

I think Faust said that at one point Rarity was supposed to have a fake accent, but they decided not to do it. But when you compare Rarity's cultured, refined voice to the mid-western sound of her parents, there's something strange there. I would imagine if she had a longer name, it would be something cutesy or 'common' based on her parents.

I think Pinkie's name was meant to be a parody of amish names since her family and their rock farm have a similar archaic feel

On that note I know that a number of people have used Belle as Rarity's last name (with the idea being that she doesn't use her family name but Sweetie does) and Apple as Applejack's (Apple Family) and I remember seeing a story where Fluttershy's family name is Poseysfilly