A Big Announce: New Staff

Manestream

Dear Everypony,

Manestream here, most of you likely know me by now, but there are a good many of you I have not yet had the pleasure to meet with yet, and that's actually the reason I'm writing this announcement. Trot with me for a bit, I have so much to tell you all.

When I joined the Equestria boards (Canterlot's previous home location), I was just an average pony, part of the fandom and happy to blend into the background, and share in the excitement with the rest of the very quickly growing crowd. I had a lot of time to do so- as I was at the time unemployed, and down on my luck, and the boards were a really good way of putting some positive energy somewhere fun after a day of filling out applications, and job hunting. Over the last four months, I've spent a lot of time in the introduction forums, participated in the RP, left feedback on many applications, settled a handful of disputes, and taken part in expanding the horizons of the show through thoughtful debate and discussion. In doing all of that, I've met a lot of really cool ponies, made a lot of new friends, and learned a lot about myself that I'd managed to forget. Its been a really fun time- and I've loved every moment of it.

Somehow, amidst all that, I wound up becoming a moderator, and eventually an administrator for the Equestria boards. I've had the privilege of working with many talented staff, and many excited and talented bronies of the community, especially when the Equestria boards moved and became the Canterlot boards. I want to emphasize how exciting and very rewarding this journey has been for me (and I know will continue to be), but also how increasingly difficult and time-consuming it has become. Ah, watch out for that puddle there...

When we moved from one location to another, we brought with us all interested staff that had been active at the previous location, and thinned out the staff that needed to move on, as well as others that had not been able to be present. We brought new staff on as well, such as our other administrator, Artax, who has done so much to make the board work, I don't even know where to begin praising him (I don't, really, he baffles me.) Even then however, it was becoming apparent that we may need more staff to help us through.

I am happy to say that our board is growing, and that we are very much alive and enjoying new RP events such as the Gala, and forum features such as the user Galleries. Its also exciting for me to be able to tell you all that we are planning more surprises for the future as well. You can certainly look forward to more events coming up, and I think I saw Artax tinkering on a few projects in our staff chat not long ago; not to mention all of the cool ideas our staff have suggested at our round tables. Ah, let's duck under here and rest a moment.

This brings me back to my original topic- as I now have two jobs that I am working, and the board is still growing, I am finding very little time for me to RP in the Mane RP, to spend time in the introductions forum greeting new ponies, and enjoying the forum as a user. In time I will have a less busy schedule, and I will be able to enjoy these features again; but for the time being I am going to have to focus my efforts on administration and making sure the board runs cleanly for all you ponies. I have however, prepared for this!

Over the past two weeks, I have spent a lot of time collecting recommendations and looking into who I wanted to add to our staff in order to ensure things run smoothly. The Canterlot forums have brought on four new ponies from the community into the staff here, and I trust whole-heartedly that they will give 120% more to the community than ever before. A big thank you, and welcome goes out to our four new staff members: BrianBlackBerry, Dio, Kudalyn, and PaintedWings! Thank you all so much for accepting our offer here; as I'm sure you all are learning quickly, it can be a lot of work. Thank you for your time and effort towards making our community better for everypony.

As these next few weeks go on, I may look to the community again to fill out our staff where we need help, as we are growing and more and more jobs need helpful hooves working them. I am keenly aware of community members who have offered help, I have not forgotten, and are keeping many individuals in mind for future projects. I would like to stress that none of these ponies approached me to become helpstaff, and when asked recommended other members of the community other than themselves. They have each put in a lot of effort in the RP, talking about concepts for the RP, or helping other bronies in the community by offering free services and help in order to improve the experience for everypony, not just themselves. It is qualities like these that stand out to me, and I feel resonate with the attitude of the show that we all admire and hold dear.

Please, show your new staff the welcome and appreciation they deserve!

Congratulations you four, and thank you for accepting your positions on staff- it is a big help.

P.S.:

I may be a busy pony, but I'm still here 200%- don't be afraid to contact any of the staff or myself if you have a question/concern or idea. You all may not see me as much, but I am totally here.

P.S.S.:

Oh, I also did away with the announcements board now that globals show up on the portal page for everypony. PLEASE check the portal page for announcements/globals, as well as the news forum. And please respond to announcements to let us know what you think about stuff happening with the board! Otherwise we don't get feedback, and that makes Rarity cry! :scream:

All of this is really good.

It's always nice having the forum exceed expectations, but even more important is the community that we built. We're the real reason why this is still a success.

*Brohoofs the new staff members*

*applauds Manestream*

I really can't believe how much you two, you and Artax, are doing with the site! It's like, 120% cooler with all the great stuff you've packed in here, and you want to do even MORE?! I'm not sure if the boards can take much more awesome!

Plus, thank you so much for approaching me to be a member of the 'crew'! I've been on this site the day it started (I'm pretty sure the day it started.) and I've loved every bit of it. I've always wanted to put a hoof in to help, but past experiences have shown me I'm not the complete most reliable.... so I always withheld my offer.

Then out of the blue, Manestream comes along (after trying to track me down for 5 days, sorry) and offers me a job as RP Helpstaff. And then when Artax sticks up the Galleries, I get to be one of the Gallery Police Duo, alongside Brian! It's completely awesome.

And even more, as you guys may remember, my previous username was AquaDrop. I asked Manestream if she could possibly change my username to something a bit more personal - and she does it! It's still awesome. :)

And referring to my previous apprehensions - I've been chatting with the crew over Skype, and they are all so friendly and fun! I know with them at my side, I can do this job, and do it well and responsibly. So, thank you to all for inviting me to be a helper with the site! I promise to do the best I can! :heart:

Congratulations, OUR little ponies, on making ALL of us so very proud and joyful that the community has really struck hard and fast...we could easily become one of the most recognised and enjoyable Pony RP Boards with as competent and dedicated staff members like we have here.

I seriously love and respect each of you guys...you're all unbelievably full of awesome!

I am really glad you are growing the staff and cementing our roles and all; mainly so you can just concern yourself with the very top tier tasks and leave the rest to others so you can have fun here. :D Remember to pace yourself, we are all here for you and to take that burden off. :)