Secrets of a CMC Filly (Bellosh101, Steel Eagle, & Riverhippo)

Bellosh

ValenOrange1withtext.png

Remington spoke up and was immediately smacked down by cold hard facts.

"We're already on a trolley, Remington! We can't do anything until the trolley gets to a stop. Geez, get a flybrain down on the ground and they can't handle a bit of travel," He stuck his tongue out at Remington, joshing his friend a little. It seemed strange that he didn't take much stock of where he was but it was a strange place and hearing about all thee different methods of travel probably overwhelmed him. That didn't bother Valen much- he didn't mind helping Remington learn as much as the colt would take what Valen said seriously. Speaking of serious, prices in Manehattan were higher on average and that was no joke. But Valen could only giggle, because as true as it was it was also exceedingly simple.

"Yeah, the cost of everything is pretty high here. But the same holds true for most big cities on the ground. Ponies make more money, stores charge more because they can on average, and everypony wants to find a good deal! Makes for some exciting shopping sprees," Valen nodded as the trollery lurched to a stop, ponies getting off and pushing through the exits. The three little ones made their way through the crowd to the trolley station, where various lines and routes met. It was then that he grew a little concerned about Babs. Valen had only suggested what he had suggested because he knew the system, but she knew the location of the shop. She needed to be the one to lead them. She couldn't just hoof over power every time anypony suggested anything at all. What was with her self confidence issues today?

"Bas, you know where the shop is, you take us there. I was just suggesting based on what I know about the routes. Go ahead and, you know, lead us, fearless leader."

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30nhgfm.jpg

"Babs, you know where the shop is, you take us there. I was just suggesting based on what I know about the routes. Go ahead and, you know, lead us, fearless leader."

Wow, what was with Babs Seed today? She never got this moody on hardly any occasion, so why now? Did failing to find any meaningful answers from that one book mess her up or something? Whatever... she needed to snap out of it! The filly needed to show Valen and Remington who their confident boss was!

"Don't worry pal," that cocky smile of Miss Seed resurfaced; "If I can't lead 'da way, 'den nopony can. 'Dis will be no prawblem!" Right as she said that, Babs realized that their J-Line trolley just crossed the path taken by C-Line... but J-Line would not be stopping for another few blocks. They'd all have to jump off now! "Hey lazy bums," she authoritatively signaled her fellow colts, galloping towards the trolley exit; "We just passed C-Line....."

banner_remington_zps6ac178a1.png

It was unfortunate that the prices of things in Manehatten were exactly as Remington had imagined they were. It didn't make sense to him why he would want to live in a place where everything is three times as expensive and where the air smelled like the entire city hadn't bathed in weeks. Of course, it wouldn't be up to him right now, his family having moved from Cloudsdale for a business opportunity that dad could not pass up. And sometimes, Remington wondered, if now that his family is settled in, and they got a taste of the increased expenses and decreased proportions, if they would admit to themselves they had made a terrible mistake. Meanwhile, Valen seemed overly confident in his surroundings. If he only knew just how great Cloudsdale was.

Babs had motioned to Rem and Val. Was it time to get off? Remington didn't assume so. After all, the trolley had not come to a complete stop like all the best, safest, not scary at all air ferries that connect the Cloudsdale metro with itself. "We get off now?" Remington looked out over the moving concrete surface. He chuckled sheepishly. "Heh, You're not suggesting we just jump off are you?"

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

• 2 weeks later...

ValenOrange1withtext.png

There she was! Valen had begun to worry that whatever hole she had dug for herself would keep Babs under lock and key passing under a storm for the rest of the day. But finally with that self-assured, cocky smile, Babs returned to form. Her confidence blossoming, she promised to lead them to the promised land- not in that terminology, but in a manner of speaking anyway. It was good to have her back. Valen wasn't as worried about getting his cutie mark as she was and if her heart wasn't in these silly little expeditions than he would find himself rapidly losing interest in them as well. Remington was a fun colt but Valen wasn't of the mind to launch himself across town to play with him when there was a decent chance much of the day would be spent trying to come up with ideas they could both do. In any case, babs took control and made the realization that they needed to get off- now. Oh boy, really? They could just hitch the N to the M if it came down to it, but Babs probably had her mind made up.

It would have worried him more if his mine was pre-naturally occupied with thoughts of sugary sweets all over his face as he devoured whole mouthfuls in a detestable orgy of deviancy. He normally didn't get a lot of candy and made do just as well with a little, but nopony could stop him when he had free reign in the heart of the city and no blocker to prevent a splurge of candy decadence. High prices or not, he'd stuff all their faces full of deliciousness and they'd be all the happier for it. That or they'd get a terrible tummyache. He thought the first was more likely and did it ever put him in a good mood!

He patted Remington on the back, getting a wing in the process as he smiled broadly and followed the leader.

"Now come on, I'm sure pegasi are always doing such daring things. Besides, it'll be quicker than waiting. I'd rather take the N to the M and maybe double back on the Q but I guess we'll have to be bold and-"

30nhgfm.jpg

Babs Seed didn't have the mind to pay attention to either Remington's hesitation or Valen's change of heart. This filly was a filly of action, and rather than wait around endlessly for the two colts to find their courage, she went behind them and used her rear legs to to aim a kick at both her friends. It was technically rude, and possibly stupid, to buck ponies out of a moving vehicle onto the side of the street, but Babs lacked the patience to kindly shout at them to jump off again. They needed to debark now in order to get to C-Line, so Babs had to give her pals... a little "nudge".

Miss Seed herself leaped off the trolley last, with a little bit more grace and dignity than the other two colts. With an impatient look on her face, Babs blew on her overhanging mane as she waited for the two colts to be able to follow her again.....

Remington was pushed off along side Valen, and in a split second of freefall, he panicked. His life flashed before his eyes not so much in a life-threatening way, but more in a questioning of his relatively new friend Babs Seed. Why would she do this? Was she evil? Remington was falling through the air off the trolley. This doesn't feel like fun at all.

Approximately or exactly a half second later, Remington's pegasus instincts turned on and he started flapping his wings in an attempt to gain control of his fall. Shortly thereafter, his internal cat-like center of gravity turned him right-side up and his body held a higher height than he would if he was standing on ground. He slowly opened his eyes to reveal himself hovering. "Guys, I'm flying! I'm flying! Valen?" Looking around, Remington tried to spot his earth pony friends to get his approval for the feat. He didn't see him looking right. He didn't see him looking left. But as tilted his head down, he saw Valen's body laying on the paved bricks of the Manehatten, creating the soft and squishy texture suspending Remington to the minor height he was able to feel. He wasn't flying at all. "Oh, heh heh. Hey Valen."

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

ValenOrange1withtext.png

Valen was still in mid-speech when his cousin ignomously bucked him and their pegasus friend clear off of the trolley, which was rude even more so as he had been entirely ready to get off anyway! He was sent off off the trolley and smacked into th ground along the surface of his body back first with a thud. A fraction of a moment of a moment later Remington joined right on top of him, smacking Valen in the jaw with an errant hoof and landing across his body in a full bodies hug. That would have been especially kind if he had meant it but he too had tasted Babs' iron-hooved attempt at leadership and flopped on top of him. To make matters slightly more aggravating for the upton colt, Remington mistook his position and believed himself to be flying. The realization was quick but nonetheless, an embarassing sequence of events!

But the joy in Remington's voice was just enough to keep Valen from being mad, and he squeezed his way out from under the pegasus and pulled himself up off of the ground, dusting himself off as he went. He took a deep sigh to calm his annoyances.

"Yes, you almost took off right on top of me, Remmy. At this rate you'll be on an Equestrian Games sprint team," He chuckled, rubbing his head as he looked at the instigator of all troubles and conundrums, Babs. Why she had kicked them off like that was beyond his reasoning but she seemed cocky and confident enough to relish it, so she better have something planned.

"Well, fearless leader, bucking both of us once off of a train got us off of there fast. Only one problem," he pointed indignantly at his hoof, which showed a nice scuff mark, "I polished this before the meeting to look my best and now I look like I don't even bathe! Sweet Celestia, ask next time!" he sighed, rubbing his forehead, "onwards, to candy!"

• 2 weeks later...

30nhgfm.jpg

Sweet ole' predictable Valen Orange, always pouting whenever the smallest bruise or the tiniest speck of dirt blemishes his coat. Valen should hang out with Miss Seed's dad more often; he always believed that children weren't really playing unless they were allowed to injure and pick themselves up. That colt could learn a thing or two from Pops. Meanwhile, Babs found herself impressed with her first sighting of Remington flying. The tough-as-nails filly might appear dominating at times, but she knew full well what it meant for pegasi kids to figure out how to fly (courtesy of Scootaloo from Ponyville).

Ignoring Valen's whining, Babs Seed energetically went up to pick up Remington off the ground with a hoof; "Good work pal! Next 'ding ya' know, you'll be doin' loop de loops in your sleep." That assumed of course the colt developed a habit of sleepflying, to accompany his tendency to fall asleep here and there. Chuckling at that mental image, Babs took the lead as the three children made their way on hoof to the next trolley station.....

As Babs helped Remington up, he was encouraged by both of his friends remarks on his ability to flap his wings. "You really think so guys?!? I would love to make the Cloudsdale flying team! We would whip Manehatten's fl-" Remington stopped himself in his speaking, realizing his confidence might be overdone and would get him in trouble. "You know I probably wont make the team. At least not this year."

While Babs was ignoring Valen, either intentionally or not, Remington couldn't help but realize Valen's neatness. It wasn't a surprise but it was very interesting comparing the perspectives on what would be appropriate for ponies their age. I mean seriously. Who cared? "Gee Valen, chill. Your hooves do look nice though. It's almost like you get weekly hoofacures!" Remington paused and then chuckled. "Nah I'm just kidding, you don't get hoofacures, do you?" He asked not as a question but as an assumption of his knowledge of what was typical for a pony of Valen's age and role.

ValenOrange1withtext.png

Well, Babs certainly no sold Valen's concerns. It didn't really surprise him though. As much as he loved every member of his family and desired little else than their happiness to be bountiful, he knew that they were plucked from different trees and any mixture would be odd at best and bitter at worst. She was more likely to beat him up and then help him up than simply help him solve a simple problem, and more likely to scoff silently at his concerns than deal with them. Well, at least there was candy at the end of a long and dreary tunnel full of Babs missteps. At least being rude to him got her motor running and now she was off to the races, followed closely along by Remington who was imagining a contest of great fictional prestige. It was fictional because everypony knew that Manehattan was the best at everything- in the sky, on the ground, in the aether, even out at sea, nopony could touch them! Valen stifled himself as Remington did, not wanting to crush his little dreams. Speaking of little, his hooves were the topic de jour. Valen smiled as they followed Babs.

"Actually, I do get hooficures!" Valen admitted without a shred of embarrassment, "you must keep in top form when you are being dragged around high society functions. Otherwise your parents schedule it for you and you can't tell them what to do. You know Remington, you're a pegasus and they usually have very good hooves. I'm sure with a little work on them you would look great," Valen offered his pegasus friend some honest and earnest advice as the trio trotted towards a crosswalk, the carriage traffic in all directions heavy as ponies gathered behind and in front- a packed sidewalk for sure! Valen moved in closer with Remington and pulled Babs in close. "Wouldn't want to get separated so close to candy, now would we?"

30nhgfm.jpg

Was that Valen telling Remington all about the hooficure nonsense? Ick! Only neat freaks liked to blow money on making their hooves look pretty. What were the point of them if everything would look dirty anyway? Whatever happened to just washing your hooves? “Aww, don’t listen to my cuz,” Babs warned Remington with a self-satisfied smirk, taking a peek at the two colts as she walked; “Ponies won’t ‘dink you’re tough unless your hooves look rough. ‘Dat’s what my big sis always says!”

When the group of blankflanks got close to a crosswalk, Babs Seed momentarily look puzzled as Valen Orange snatched her hoof with a lame excuse. “Yeah Val, we wouldn’t want ‘dat, would we?” the filly responded with a clenched smile, turning the tables by swiftly escaping her cousin’s weak grip-hold only to tightly seize the other’s foreleg. Lacking regard for how strongly she squeezed Valen’s leg, Miss Seed marched on through the crosstrot.

It was hard for Remington to take Valen seriously. He wasn't going to assume that Valen kept himself to that standard, but as Valen revealed that it was, all of the stereotypes of the type of pony Valen could have been fun of for, were actually become a reality. Of course, lucky for Valen, Remington would never be that colt to change his reaction and friendship with him, but at the same time, it caused a hesitation in Remington in which all he could do is put his hooves close to his chest and give a look of confusion. Fortunately, the silence was brokenby Babs' remark. Remington giggled with her and started walking away the topic. It was for the best. Poor Valen.

While walking the crosswalk, Remington found it difficult to walk through the ponies legs that would serves as a jungle of moving trees. He would constantly have to take sidesteps in order to prevent being trampled on. But doing so, he lost sight of the other two crusaders. "Guys? Where'd you go? Which way is the end of the crosswalk?"

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngshiningbuttonsig_zps6d87c176.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

ValenOrange1withtext.png

They both laughed at his 'silly hooficure nonsense' but Valen wasn't offended. While they fought to be noticed he fought to be lost in the background, his form so divine and his mannerisms so well heeled that he could practically pick and choose fillies for a dance every fancy party he went to. Of course, different strokes for different pones. He knew plenty of ponies and had tremendous respect for many ponies that had a distaste for the way he lived, but such was their lives and such were his choices. Instead of being offended, he found Remington's expression and Babs' re-assurance to the pegasus rather funny, and guffawed loudly with a few light hoofstomps as exclamation at their reactions. Friends never got old.

"Don't worry, Remington. It isn't as if-" He began before Babs got out of his grasp and grabbed him by one of his legs instead. Well, that was expected. She was stronger than him, after all. He rolled his eyes and followed her in a three legged fashion, dependent on her for support in the fourth as she more or less oulled him across the crowd mercilessly and with abandon. More importantly, they had lost a pony. A little pegasus who always fell asleep and was most childlike of all of them simply because he had never the breadth of experience in the big city like the slightly older two. valen turned around and saw poor Remington getting lost in the forest of larger ponies and falling behind ever so slowly but infinitely. That wouldn't do- Valen quickly reacted, senses sharpened by one too many adventures in and around Ponyville. His tail shot out, grabbed the colt by the neck, and pulled him in close before letting him off with momentum. He nodded and smiled at Remington as they got across the crosswalk with time to spare.

"Well, that'll teach me from trying to make sure we stick together, Babs," Valen stuck his tongue out playfully. Candy was nearby!

30nhgfm.jpg

"Well, that'll teach me from trying to make sure we stick together, Babs."

Proving that a hooficure-loving colt did not have to be totally helpless out on the street, Valen Orange managed to pull a lost Remington back towards the group. Babs Seed knew that she probably should have done a better job of looking after Rem, but hey, things happen. Plus if he had truly gotten separated, that pegasus had the ability to briefly use his wings to look higher. So it wasn’t like Remington was all that helpless. Now then, time to press onward!

*30 minutes of waiting around and constant trolley line switches later*

That was the last time Babs would ever listen to Valen’s travelling suggestions. “Quicker route” her rear end; those stupid trolleys didn’t come often enough during this time of day. One thing was for sure, she’d be using her less complicated route to get back to the CMC “clubhouse” once they got their candy. But fortunately after all that toil, the Candy Emporium was just around the corner.....

If Remington had know that a 'short' walk to go get candy in Manehatten was this much of an adventure, he would have asked his mother to pack him a lunch. Remington, possibly the frailest of the three, started dragging his hooves. He started whining, which wasn't something he often did, as Remington's attitude was usually one to be proud of. He was independant enough to get the job done. But in this circumstance, he didn't know how the earth ponies did it. "Ugh, how much longer, my hooves have blisters! I can't remember ever having blisters on my hooves. I didn't even know that was possible!!" Remington brought up the rear end of the travel line between the ponies, and unfortunately for the other two, served as an anchor to how fast they could walk. He sat on a nearby park bench during his complaining to take a short rest. Behind the bench was a pony with unkept facial hair sleeping underneath a newspaper. It was odd, but Remington was to so tired, he paid him no mind.

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngshiningbuttonsig_zps6d87c176.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

ValenOrange1withtext.png

Valen didn't understand how in the name of Luna, Celestia, and Sparkle they managed to get lost so easily. His route was easy- he'd taken it before. The fault must have laid at Babs' hooves, even if he wasn't of the mind to bring it up. After all, she could probably beat him up and he didn't want that. He just wanted candy. Sweet, delicious candy that stretched for miles in every direction like an endless sea of sugar. But he supposed you had to suffer for the joy and in the end he would have to take his lumps. Sure, it was probably Babs' fault because she dilly dalled at the Q and the K, but he'd bare his back and allow them to lash him up something fierce once they were full of sugar and happy.

"I'm sorry, Remington. Not much longer! It is just around the corner and I'll buy all the candy. My treat!" Valen offered, stepping confidently in front. Sure, Babs was the most physically imposing of the three but Valen had spent hours walking up and down runways. He was lithe but his legs were taut and strong and he was used to the pain that shot up and down them after a long time walking. They'd both fall long before he would. Not that they would care about such things in just a few more moments as the time passed quickly and the trio turned the corner and there it was!

"Yes! Yes! Yes!"

30nhgfm.jpg

Valen Orange really needed his eyes checked. Yeah, the Candy Emporium was there all right, but that wasn't what worried Babs Seed. The first thing she noticed upon turning the corner was the horde of other kids outside the shop. Alarmed, the frustrated filly galloped as close as she could to see what was going on; "You've gotta' be kiddin' me!" On the very window was a poster with words printed in bold:

TODAY ONLY: 75% OFF SALE FOR ALL YOUNGSTERS

"Hurry up ya' two bums!" Babs shouted to her companions; "'Dere might not be enough candy left if we don't work fast!" Having come this far already, Babs wasn't going to let a freak sale get in the way between her friends and the remaining candy. A grim look materialized as she prepared herself for what was to come next. The three Crusaders would have to work together to get through this latest obstacle to their plans.....

Remington's eyelids were growing heavy. As they turned the corner to see a rush of all of the foals in Manehatten swarming around the doors and windows of the glorious promised land, Remington exhaled a effortless sigh. "Figures." Remington didn't even have enough energy to whine about the travel anymore. All he could do was follow the ponies in front of him, which he had hoped were going to remain Valen and Babs with his head facing the ground.

Babs' voice sure was determined. It was no doubt she was to be the leader of the Manehatten Cutie Mark Crusaders. However, it didn't really motivate Remington all that well. And as he slowly stepped forward to initiate his place in a line that seemed to stretch to Cloudsdale, Remington sat on his haunches with his eyelids fully closed.

ValenOrange1withtext.png

Figures that after all that travel and heartache to reach this point that they'd be done in by a sale that would normally have made it the greatest single day of their young and sugar-fueled lives, only to have it prove to be the bane of their collective existences. The mass of ponies outside pressed in against the doors and if it was a horror movie, it would have shattered and the besieged shopkeep devoured. They were basically to that point anyway, but the real troubling sign was that with seventy five percent off, there was no doubt that the candy would go quickly once they all forced their way in. WHY WOULD THE SHOP KEEP COMMIT HIMSELF TO SUCH MADNESS? It was unheard of! Oh well. What was done was done. The only thing they had to do now was take advantage of the situation rather than let the situation take advantage of them.

Remington was falling asleep, or at least looking so very tired. He was somewhat of a drag to bring along as he seemed to lack the will to fight. Say what you may about Valen and his oddities, but he wasn't a pony given to flight when fight was an equal option before him. But that didn't mean that Remington's misfortune or boredom couldn't be twisted to his advantage. On the contrary, he had every intention of winning the day because of it. A plan started to boil up inside him and after he saw how many were in front of them, valen leaped into action, taking Remington and placing him on top of Babs Seed.

"Listen, we'll get in or we'll pass on trying. Remington, play dead. Or fall asleep. Babs, follow my lead!" Valen said with determination, trotting out to meet the crowd.

"Oh Celestia, my friend Remington needs his sugar or he won't make it! Please, kind ponies, let us pass in- shop keeper, somepony, please help!" Valen said dramatically, a hoof over his forehead as he attempted to part the pony sea.

30nhgfm.jpg

Remington looked dejected enough that he could start sleeping again, but Valen Orange came up with a decent enough scheme to get the three of them past the crowd. Of course, that meant Babs had to play the role of the beast of burden, but it wouldn’t be a problem to someone as tough as this filly. She carried heavier stuff than Remmy on her back before!

Valen needed to come up with a better excuse to part the sea of foals however, judging by the indifference the crowd showed to his pleas. “‘Dat’s not how to do it Val,” Babs harshly whispered to her cousin; “Ya’ gotta’ say somethin’ like ‘dis.” Clearing her throat, the filly raised her voice for all to hear; “Hey guys, our pal here’s stuck in a crummy hospital for two weeks! Ya’ don’t mind helpin’ aour sick friend out?” That sounded more sympathetic than having a sugar withdrawal, at least Babs thought so anyway.

Neither by intention nor will Remington fell asleep. On this occasion, it was interesting, as normally Remington's nap times were very sudden and not tied in with feeling exhausted. Regardless, the red filly was no longer conscious, and he collapse on the concrete just outside the candy shop. So close. Yet so far away.

Remington started dreaming. He was laying in a hospital bed unable to speak. And around the bed was Valen and Babs, crying over his frail body. They friends whimpered something about not having enough sugar for Remington to keep him alive. It was all very sad. But in actuality, it was funny. Remington's perspective on this dream was almost knowingly of the inaccuracies that are happening, and considered the issue of his friends misunderstanding who he is. Did they really think he was dead? And if Remington was dead, where was mom and dad? And grandpa? And Uncle Stratus? It seemed very hard to believe, and so therefore, he didn't.

ValenOrange1withtext.png

Well, it had worked when he wanted to get into an exclusive screening of The Book of Luna, but his damsel in distress scenario play hadn't worked like a charm. A few of the more considerate colts and fillies had parted before him out of kindness and naivety. The greater number stood there and studied the Crusaders with a mix between amusement and confusion, but all shared a subtle string of disbelief. A small section sneered and hurled some choice words injected with vitriol and scorn, and in the end the crowd had moved very little. Sort of a fail, but he had at least attracted some attention and that meant that with effort and commitment they could wilt away enough of the crowd to make a mad dash. Success!

Well, or so he thought. Babs thought differently which put a bit of the poo poo on his face. Well, at the very least she was willing to modify it and run with it and who was he to argue? She probably had a lot of experience sneaking in illegally into candy stores and being underhoofed in her own ways, while he was as squeaky clean as a new shoe waiting for you at home under the tree during Hearths Warming Eve. She launched into it and her more demanding and possibly believable and sympathetic story garnered a little more success and they made some movements towards the door, but for all intents and purposes they were making progress slower than he would have liked. Still, they were doing something!

"Oh my, such great sorrow! We simply must be allowed in, for the love of Celestia!" Valen said dramatically, keeping pace as best he could as he overacted. Academy trained, everypony.

• 2 weeks later...

30nhgfm.jpg

Babs Seed’s story was getting the group slightly closer to their objective, but she also felt they could be pushing through the crowd faster. Valen worked with his vocal cords to further sell Remington’s story of woe, but Babs thought they sounded rather cheesy. What did her cousin think he was, a stage actor? Why do ponies in those big play always sound so... artificial? Instead of acting real, they always go with over-exaggerated behaviors that real ponies never use (except for possibly Sweetie Belle’s older sister)?

But whether because more of the foals grew aware of Remington’s ailment, or because they recoiled upon Valen’s assault on their sense of hearing, they more swiftly made a tiny path for the Crusaders. But one kid, right in the way of Babs Seed, still refused to budge. Not wanting to squander any momentum, the goldenrod filly impatiently demanded; “Hey, we gotta’ sick pony ovah’ here. Let us through!”

Said foal, a white-coated pegasus filly with a plum mane wearing a brown saddlebag, had been waiting patiently near the front of the line and pointedly ignoring the commotion behind her up until she heard a more directed demand- for her to move, to be precise. Some ponies was getting impatient, and it seemed like they were making up something about a sick pony to get by the crowd. It had to be a ploy; why would any pony that ill be out here in the middle of town, instead of in a hospital trying to get better? That, plus the rudeness of the request, drew her attention and she turned around, opening her mouth to reply in kind when she noticed the red foal on the ground. Oh my gosh!

The filly fluttered her wings and all but sprung towards the three foals, landing right by the unconscious Remington the other two ponies near him as she demanded, "Hey, what's wrong with him? And why'd you bring him here if he's so sick?!"

Still dreaming, Remington found himself on a hospital bed. when he looked around, Valen, Babs, and a new pony were look at him, spectating his apparent suffering. Except they weren't ponies. They were all zebras, each sharing the colors of their normal pelts and mane colors. They took turns poking Remington in different parts of his body, as if they were trying to figure out what was wrong with him. They whispered to each other and traded sagely nods at one another. What were they planning?

Archived