Lite as Air Coffee Cafe{Remix!} Open!

QuickLime

GingerKickBanner-1.png

[colour=#282828]It was another brand new day, and the sun was high, and all the birdys sung while the hay bacon fried merrily in it's skillet, Ginger was humming a merry tune to herself as she finished making her breakfast, which was quickly downed in one gulp. After eating she brushed her mane and slapped her hat on, brushed her teeth, and smiled her best smile at the mirror "Yep, yep yep, t'day is gonna be a good day for sure as shootin!" She fluttered her wings and headed down to the cafe part of her shop, perched on a big fluffy cloud near the weather factory![/colour]

[colour=#282828]She hummed as the coffee pots started to perk, and she put in some fresh baked goods in the display case, whistling as the windows got open and all the resturant sparkling once she gave it a good cleaning! Yes siree Robert! It was a great day to be alive! Once the first coffee pot of lite brew coffee was finished she poured herself a cup, added just a little cream and sugar, and took a sip,making her teeth brushing..er null and void... she let out a content breath once she had finished her sip, perfect ! Just how she liked it...one thing left to do now![/colour]

[colour=#282828]She flew over to the window and flipped the closed sign to open before hunkering down behind the counter and took another content sip of her coffee.[/colour]

• Like 1

8551964397_4c9dab04fc_o.jpg

Snickerdoodle passed by the coffee shop every morning on her way to work at the Weather Factory. She didn't usually drink coffee, but today her tail was dragging, and she needed the pick-me-up.

Pushing the door open, she greeted the mare behind the counter. [colour=#8b4513]"Mornin', Ginger. Could I get a double shot mocha latte? And a blueberry muffin to go with it, please? I need the get up and go juice today."[/colour]

Coffee. One of life's mysteries. They were a pony's reliever, allowing one to enjoy it's unusual but splendid taste and fragrance. They were a pony's "alarm", electrifying their bodies, awakening their minds. They were a pony's friend, most of all, and it called for their consumers to pleasantly sip at it's content. They were, inarguably, the perfection of drinks themselves.

This is why Skewer had to get a taste of that coffee. It's complexity and sophistication allured the young pegasus to purchase a cup of coffee. What makes this drink so favorable? Skewer thought. He had never tasted coffee before; in his younger years, his parents had prevent him from doing so, explaining how coffee wasn't a drink for young colts like him. Of course, he was much older now, and believed he could finally have that coffee he had been wanting so eagerly. He had reminded himself to buy an average caffeinated latte, as he wanted to enjoy it in its "original state". He smiled at the word "latte". Even the word sounded so...subtle.

He arrived just at the right time. There was a cafe located nearby the weather factory. This was the point of no return; he had to buy and drink the coffee now. He can't blow this chance. Skewer flew toward the cloud where the cafe sat upon, opening the door. Inside, he only noticed two pegasi, both mares. One was behind the counter, in which Skewer can easily conclude her as the owner of this shop. The other was most likely a customer, no, a patron. The other mare seemed to know the owner very well; she called her "Ginger". Then it looks like I'm the second customer of "Ginger" today.

Skewer took a moment to observe what was behind the counter. There was many contrivances intended to assist the production of the coffee drinks. It gave a sense of development in technology, the modernism of the cafe itself. It was most plausible that this was not the case; things might be more simplistic than it appears to be. But it was not just about the appearance; it was about the results. Only can he taste to coffee to see the efficiency of these machines.

Waiting for the mare to finish her greeting, he followed afterwards.[colour=#3eb489] "Um...hello ma'am. Don't mean to bother you, but if you can, may I please get a latte, too? With cream, average amount of caffeine." [/colour]...Did he say it correctly? It sounded kind of...unusual compared to what the mare said. Nonetheless, he hoped it was understandable.

2nu3e4j.jpg

Lightning had a lot of work to do. In the morning she was teaching a speed-flying class to foals, and later that day she and her coltfriend, Black Moon, had an audition to open for a band in Canterlot. She was extremely nervous, and she knew that Blackie was too. She wished that he too could be with her in Cloudsdale that morning, but he was a unicorn.

Tired and stressed, Lightning entered a cute coffee shop and looked around. There were two other guests and a barista, which Lightning was thankful for. She didn't know if she could handle a busy crowd at the current moment. She turned to the barista.

[colour=#cc0066]"One black coffee and a cranberry muffin please."[/colour]

Tawny entered the coffee shop, in a way that suggested some hesitance. His light blue eyes darted this way and that like he was afraid he was going to be caught somewhere he wasn't supposed to be. Perhaps it was a little unusual for a young colt to be wandering around unattended, but then, judging by his satchel, it looked like he was on his way to school. It probably wasn't that far. He noticed there were a couple of ponies in line, waiting to be served. He took his place behind them and waited patiently, still casting nervous looks behind his shoulder. He noticed Lightning Dancer in front of him and blinked. He thought he recognized her but didn't want to interrupt her. He saw somepony else he thought he recognized who had just finished ordering. It was another colt, although, this one was obviously older than he was and had a cutie mark. He gave a friendly wave, hoping the colt would see him.

GingerKickBanner-1.png

Customers! Yay! Though Ginger stared at the stranger that spoke to her by name, making her tilt her head slightly "Um sure Pardner but I don't quite think we've become acquainted! Less'n we have an I just plumb forgot!" She chuckled "Aight t' muffin is a bit, an the latte is 2 so your grand total iss Three bits!" She said and grinned, very quick to make the others drink, and snagged a still warm muffin from the display case, sitting the order to the side for her "Enjoy ! Made em this morning nice an fresh! An just ground t' beans!"

The next customer was a stranger as well and obviously uncomfortable ordering, she chuckled at their order..average amount of caffeine? "Sure as sugar darlin!" This was a first timer after all so she made them the best possible cup she could, before sitting it on the counter "Here ya are! First time customers get a drink on the house!" She nodded "Ah hope you come back !"

Lightning Dancer's order made her beam! "That's one black coffee" She poured her a fresh to go mug of it, "An a Cranberry muffin! I love these! These are m' favorite but not many ponies order them! S' on the house today!" She grinned "That's justa bit for the coffee"

The third customer didn't order, and was just a lil thing, definitely not someone who needed coffee that was for sure.. She had never seen him before either.. "Ey there lil guy, you need somethin?" Perhaps he was lost?

8551964397_4c9dab04fc_o.jpg

The barista looked at Snickerdoodle a little funny when she placed her order.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Um sure Pardner but I don't quite think we've become acquainted! Less'n we have an I just plumb forgot!"[/colour]

[colour=#8b4513]"Oh, sorry. I'm Snickerdoodle. I work in the weather factory. I pass by your shop every day, but I don't come in that often. I can see how you wouldn't remember me."[/colour]

She paid the three bits and took a sip of her latte.

[colour=#8b4513]"Mmm, perfect. Thank you!"[/colour]

She then took her muffin and her drink and moved to a table near the windows. She had a few minutes before she had to be at the factory gates to sit and enjoy her breakfast treat.

Tawny shifted from hoof to hoof and looked everywhere except directly at Ginger Kick. He opened his mouth to respond to her question. Then, he closed it. He looked behind his shoulder again, then up at the ceiling, and then just somewhere off to the left of the pegasus barista. He opened his mouth again and spoke. "No, I'm not lost." His shoulders tensed, and the feathers in his wings ruffled. "I'd like to order a double shot vanilla expresso, please, ma'am." He was looking at the floor now, apparently determined not to make eye contact.

Despite only one mare working as an employee in the cafe, Ginger seemed to work swiftly and get to their orders in a fairly short time. Skewer was a bit astonished by the mare's accent; she was probably from the countryside once. While the mare was brewing his drink, he noticed a younger colt waving to him when he finished his order of cream latte. He was doubtful he even knew the colt, but then again, Skewer did not feel like disappointing the colt by simply ignoring his actions. He, though slightly reluctant, waved back to the colt, making a pretend yet natural smile.

The encounter has passed a few minutes of time, and later he was served with a latte. It seemed like the perfect cup of...perfection. Nothing seemed out of place, and he especially liked the cream "art". It was simple, yet so appealing. But he knew a cup of coffee wasn't about appearance, but about its taste. The taste was everything about a coffee; it can be very well said it was something that just could not be overlooked.

Skewer took a short sip of the latte first, holding the liquid in his mouth for some time to tell apart it's array of tastes before he gulped the latte in, sending an immediate surge throughout his body. It was then, due to that first sip, that Skewer became absent-minded. The coffee cup was invitingly calling to him again for a second sip, in which he complied. He was later draining it, allowing energy to shoot through his nerves. Surprisingly, he had prevented even one drop from leaking as he drank the large amount of latte.

He snapped out of his subconscious mind, finding out that he needed a deep breath from gulping too much coffee in such a long time. A great deal of latte has disappeared from the cup. Then the aftershock came. Skewer began sensing a burning pain in his stomach, and at that moment he knew that he had drank way too much as he expected. Fortunately, it was not at all harming, but did ache his insides a bit. Maybe I should have drank slower...

2nu3e4j.jpg

Lightning hoofed a bit over to the barista and took a sip of her black coffee. She loved the taste of straight coffee, no sweetening added. It smelled wonderful and she knew it would energize her. The cranberry muffin, too looked delectable.

[colour=#cc0066]"Cranberry muffins are super delicious. Thank you so much!"[/colour]

Lightning Dancer smiled at the mare behind the counter. She then turned and took a seat at a table by the window. Looking at her hometown made her feel awfully nostalgic. She'd spent quite a bit of time here, and on rare occasions she missed it. It was one of those days.

• 4 weeks later...

GingerKickBanner-1.png

Ginger stared down at the colt, her face stayed gentle but was also stern "Now now Kiddo ah can't quite have y' doing that" She said shaking her head "'Yer just a colt! A growing colt has plenty of energy and don't need caffine, I'll be happy to make you a Mochchinno but I cannot in good moral give ya yer drink"

Ginger knew she had been young when she got her cutie mark, but that was sipping a practice brew and that was NOT a shot of espresso! She smiled seeing all the customers seemed happy, though one pony looked like they drank their coffee a touch fast...

"Might wanna ease that pardner" She chuckled "That stuff can churn yer guts like butter if you swallow it too fast!"

"But..." He started to protest, and then he made the mistake of making eye contact. Guilty feelings overwhelmed him. That's EXACTLY what his mother would tell him. Well, maybe not exactly, but pretty close. "Ah, uh, well, I guess maybe you're right." He looked down at the floor, sighing in disappointment. "Maybe, maybe, I'll just have a blueberry muffin, then?" He glanced at her hopefully before glancing away. "Please don't tell anypony I was here."

• 1 month later...

Star Sprite was awfully worn out this morning and he was always trying to try a coffee from this small cafe so he decided that right before his class start he would come to the cafe and get a coffee. he knew it was an unprofessional plan for a teacher that works at a university but he would do it anyways. he straightened out his bow tie as he walked through the door, and when he did he noticed there was a small crowd here. he walked up to the front counter and asked the one pegasus running it " excuse me miss, but may i have a tall frapachino with an apple fritter please. Thank you!" he smiles at the owner and pulls out his wallet. then he looks down at his watch and notices he has time to kill.