The Journey around Equestria, Chapter One: The Meetup (private)

DamianMane

The sun rises defiantly over the mountains, it's rays landing on the city, casting the spires of the buildings in brilliant light. Morning in Canterlot. For some, the day would be spent wandering the city; watching shows; going to galleries; dining at cafés. Such was life in the high class city. For most.

But for the sole resident of the flat above the cartography shop, a different day was planned. Today was the day Aureate Compass began his latest journey of map making. But this time, he would not be alone: He had posters put up all over Equestria, inviting others to join him. Certain hikes around the country could be dangerous if alone, after all. Well to be fair most of the journey was actually via train, but hey, trains can also be dangerous.

Aureate got out of be and headed downstairs. He hoped that somepony would have actually read the leaflet and bothered to come otherwise it was going to be an awfully dull journey. He waited in the main room of the shop, behind the counter. The front wall of the shop was mostly large windows so he would see anyone coming in, and it gave him a good light so he could draw maps and sketch. He decided to draw his surroundings, as he often did, while waiting for people to arrive: shelves filled with maps on either side of him; the front door leading out to the street and a few chairs that he had fetched for the party that he hoped- no, that he was sure would shortly arrive. And so Auri sketched, and waited, and sketched, and waited.

firewalkerbyegophiliac.png

Aureate could see an armor wearing Pegasus pony as she trotted around in front of his shop. The mare held an very familiar leaflet which she had pulled out from her saddlebags and studied it for a moment on the flat of her hoof. She glanced towards the building and back at the paper before she quickly returned it back into her bags. She breathed in a little before making her way towards the building. A few moments later, a knock could be heard from behind his door. Once the door was opened, the pony introduced herself. "Good day to you kind sir, I believe It's safe to say I'm in the correct place and you are a Mister Aureate Compass? I am First Lieutenant Fire Walker.", she held out her front right hoof.

Auri was glad that somepony had actually shown up. He got up from his desk and took the hoof of the mare who had walked in and shook it.

[colour=#daa520]"Pleasure to meet you. I am indeed Aureate Compass, and you are certainly in the correct place if you're here about the journey." [/colour]Auri glanced out the window briefly, and then pulled out a chair with his back hoof.[colour=#daa520] "You might want to take a seat, the others may not be here for a while. So, what exactly was it that fought your eye about my little trip, hm?" [/colour]Auri asked, as he pulled up a chair for himself.

After a proper hoof-shake, the mare followed the cartographer into his shop and found a seat. "To be honest with you Mister Aureate, things have been rather dull at the old homestead and even in Canterlot in general. There hasn't been much call for my services in the base, and my assortment of friends and colleagues are scattered all over Equestria.", she glanced around the shop as she spoke, "I know it's generally unwise to seek excitement, but I had to do something. So I visited the old Adventurer's Club in upper Canterlot. Generally I've had luck finding unique employment there as they have a job board.Unfortunately most of the job offers had been taken, but there were still a few of your pamphlets and posters left, so here I am."

"While I have yet to visit your shop, I was well aware of it, and a few of my friends have purchased supplies from you before, so this wasn't an old 'meet me at some street corner at midnight' offer, but something that seems.", her face went slack as she tried to think of a proper word," Legit. I'm an officer in the Royal Equestrian Army' and I'm a bit of adventurer. I have worked with some unique clients in the past and always looking for a bit of adventure from time to time. I'm going to assume you're going to wait for a few more to join before you go into details about this job, so if you'd like, could you tell me a little something about yourself?", the Pegasus mare gave off a friendly smile as she waited to hear from the stallion.

((OOC: Ok! I am sorry for not posting sooner!

:( ))

HZpdA2K.png

Today was the day. This doctor was going on a journey around Equestria! He hated how he couldn't keep asking normal questions to himself like, "I wonder what it will be like?" Or, "I wonder who else is going." No. He kept thinking about the same question, "What did he need to bring?" He hated it. He really had no idea what to bring other than the essentials. He had already packed things he knew he needed and he also decided to bring just a few medical supplies. Not many though, and also..you never know.

So after a few minutes of packing and then unpacking and then repacking he finally decided he was ready. He had his things and headed out on his way to the desired location the flyer he had said to go. As he moved along he had the flyer hanging out of the side of his saddlebag. He every now and then looked down at it and reminded himself of where he was supposed to go. With a few wrong turns and a few awkward entrances into the wrong stores...he finally found the right place.

He entered the building and to his surprise, he wasn't the first one! There was a stallion and a mare there as well. Were they together? Perhaps...possibly. But he didn't want to worry about that now. He didn't know either of them. So he decided to strike up some conversation. He had no idea if they had been talking or not.

[colour=#8b4513]"Ello there everyone! Apologies for being late...if I am late that is. But I am here..for the journey..this is where we meet up correct?"[/colour] He tilted his head in confusion at both of the ponies.

[colour=#282828]"So if you'd like, could you tell me a little something about yourself?"[/colour]

[colour=#daa520]"I'm not sure I'd know where to begin," [/colour]Auri chuckled, before sitting back in his chair. [colour=#daa520]"Well, although I live and work here in Canterlot, I'm originally from Trottingham- but you might have guessed that from the accent. And if it is unwise to seek excitement I may the the least wise pony you'll ever meet."[/colour]

Aureate was going to continue but he noticed a light brown stallion trot into the shop.

[colour=#daa520]"Good morning to you sir!" [/colour]Auri called as he got up from his seat. [colour=#daa520]"Don't worry, you aren't late at all, quite the opposite. Do join us, while we wait for the others, Mr, ah?" [/colour]Auri pulled up a chair and sat back down while he waited fofor the newcomer to introduce himself.

After some time of walking through rows of stores and small businesses, he finally arrived at his destination. The feminine colt looked through window and into the building. The establishment was laced with maps, compasses, and various other way finders. Not to mention the three ponies who seemed well into a conversation. It was a dead giveaway that this was it, the store of the mapmaker Aureate Compass.
The cartograhper was to host a journey across Equestria, and it started today. Posters and had been set up everywhere and Shzaam just so happened to get his hooves on one. But of course, he wasn't the only one. There was bound to be more.
Moving along the window to the door, Shzaam let himself into the store.
[colour=#00FF00]<<"Excuse me? This is the store of Aureate Compass, correct?>>[/colour]
He let himself in and advanced towards the group, the door closing behind him.
[colour=#00FF00]<<"I'm Hocus Pocus, but you all can just call me Shzaam if you'd like. II assume you're all here for the trip as well?">>[/colour]

*A few days eariler....*

[colour=#FF8C00]"Very well done today, everypony. Remember to practice today's techniques as I will looking for them during our next sparring session next class."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Yes, sir!"[/colour]

Master Mustang smiles and bows as his last martial arts class wraps up for the day. Young Brew throws on his casual kimono and makes his way to Fillydelphia. Another day of paradise in his home town. He takes a deep breath as the afternoon sun shines on his long black mane. It shines like polished onyx. As he walks the streets, making his way to the city center, Brew notices a lone poster. It hangs on the corner lamppost in front of his mother's shop and cafe'. His head tilts in curiosity as the young master reads on. Apparently this is an add for a trans-Equestian expedition. The mention of such a journey reminds Brew of when he left to find his traning as a young colt. However, he can't possibly leave his students again so soon. Last week he just got back from a 2-day vacation to Ponyville. Just as he turns away. He is startled by his mother standing before him.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Gahhh!!!" [/colour]he jumps. [colour=#FF8C00] "Mother! Don't sneak up on me like that!" [/colour]he says in an embarassed tone of voice.

[colour=#008000]"Sorry, Brew." [/colour][colour=#000000]Tea'na [/colour]giggles. The stunning green mare smiles and a curious look crosses her as she notices the flyer.

[colour=#008000]"What's that?"[/colour][colour=#000000] she [/colour]asks.

[colour=#FF8C00]"It's an ad for a Trans'Equestrian expedition. I'm guessing to map the main travel routes of Equestria. It seems that a one 'Aureate Compass' is looking for travel companions." [/colour][colour=#000000]he[/colour] replies.

[colour=#008000]"Why that sounds lovely! You should go, sweetie."[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"I just returned from Ponyville not too long ago. I can't just go trotting off into the sunset again." [/colour][colour=#000000] H[/colour]e says with a look of disapointment. In truth he would like to go but he doesn't want to seem selfish. Tea'na looks at him and shakes her head.

[colour=#008000]"Brew, you think too much of others sometimes. You're still young. Go out and have fun. You got plenty of help there otherwise you wouldn't have gone in the first place."[/colour]

Brew stands corrected by his mother. Before he can say anything, Tea'na bops him on his muzzle with her hoof and hands him the flyer.

[colour=#008000]"Go have fun, Brewsky. I'll have your father take care of the gym while you are absent. I think a suprise mentorship from the renowned Ironflank would be a great gift from Master Mustang, right?" [/colour]she winks.

A blushing Brew laughs, rubs his neck, and then looks down to the flyer. He looks back to his mother.

[colour=#FF8C00]"I suppose your right, mother."[/colour] he smiles as he goes to hug her. The young martial artist then turns away to start on his journey.

[colour=#008000]"Have fun, Brewsky! Be a good boy for mama!"[/colour] she calls out her teasing goodbye to her son.

Brew stops and blushes from embarassment. He looks back at her with a playful glare and then trots away with a smile.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Better get packing..."[/colour]

*Today - Canterlot*

Dressed again in his casual kimono with two cloth sacks slung over his back, Master Mustang aimlessly wanders the streets of Canterlot searching for the address listed on the flyer. Eventually he stumbles upon this lone cartography shop. He peeks through the window to see a small group of poines coversing among one another, a couple stallions and a mare... a rather stunning one to be honest. She looks to be a military type, must be REA. Brew's father was hired by Shining Armor on a few occasions to help train several small platoons of soldiers. Her crimson coat and mane make him blush a little. Thank goodness she didn't notice him. Shaking his awkardness away. He calms his nerves and quietly enters the shop. He looks around at the group and bows polietly towards the center of the gathering. [colour=#FF8C00] "Greetings, is this the meeting place for the expedition I read about in the flyer?"[/colour] Brew asks as he holds up the slip of paper.

But before Aureate could get an answer from the born stallion, another pony walked in.

[colour=#daa520]"Good morning to you. This is my shop yes, and this fine ponies are here for the trip. Do take a seat with us, if you wish." [/colour]Auri grabbed another two chairs, one for Shzaam and one for the newcomer he spotted, gazing into the shop. Blushing at the lieutenant, it seemed.

[colour=#daa520]"I should think so, unless somebody had an identical flyer to mine printed out," [/colour]

he joked. He then straightened up a bit and introduced himself, although the stallion had probably guessed who he is.

[colour=#daa520]"Aureate Compass, at your service. And you are...?[/colour]

((Sorry for the late post guys. I'll. try to be more punctual in future))

The armored pony glanced back at Master Mustang as he settled down onto one of Aureate's chairs. She studied him for a moment before shaking her head and returning her gaze back to their host. While she did give her name to store's owner, she would now have to address those who had just entered, so she turned her head towards the small group. "I'm First Lieutenant Fire Walker of the Royal Equestrian Army. It is rather nice to see a new group of faces here. When things get rather slow at work and my personal life, I like to go on these jaunts. Not only do I get to visit places I would not normally go, I do get to meet a good deal of new and interesting people, both ponies, griffons, zebras and a few others of differing races.", she quickly brushed a stray braid as it crossed her eyes, "My family has been serving the princess..", she corrected herself, 'Princess' of Canterlot for many generations. All of my family have been involved with the R.E.A in some respects and you may have met a few of them if you've ever walked the streets of our fair capitol city. As a member of the guard, I'm skilled in a few different languages, sell defense, first aid along with a few other useful skills for these sort of adventures. Just by looking at all of you, I can almost picture the very useful skills and talents you all must have."

(OOC: Short post! Need to get my flank to work! It's meet & greet time! Tell us about yourselves...)

((Application))

The brown earthpony stumbled in through the door making more noise than he used to do when he entered a new area. He had tripped on the high doorstep on his way in and he almost bumped into a towering, red mare, on his way to eat the floor. Just as she had finished with saying: [colour=#FF0000]"the very useful skills and talents you all must have." [/colour]The pony got up on his hoofs and scratched the side of his head, which side he had hit the floor with. [colour=#DAA520]"Agility is probably not mine..."[/colour] He grumbled more to himself than to anypony else. The pony looked up and realized that he had possibly stumbled into the group of adventures that he had seen the poster about. [colour=#daa520]Way to go, Quilly. You've not even started yet and you're already pointing out yourself as a moron.[/colour] He thought to himself.

He shook his head to clear it from the hit's influence before he spoke. He turned to the stallion which he recognized from a picture on the poster an hoped that his voice would carry it through even though he was so terribly nervous. [colour=#daa520]"My name is Quillhart."[/colour] He paused the let the name sink in. He had worked on this presentation for quite some time. [colour=#daa520]"I'm an adventurer and an author from Fillydelphia with Stalliongrade as my town of birth. I... I would like to join this journey since I'd like to have some company for once on my travel. It is also a long time since I've met my parents in Staliongrade, which direction I've heard that you're heading. I think I could be an access since I'm creative and I have found a way out of p-pretty much any problem that I've been facing so far, I can speak several languages fluently, I'm loyal and I do what I'm told, and I guess I can defend myself if necessary... I think that's it."[/colour]

Quillhart relaxed. It was done. He allowed himself to reflect on what he had said and was pleased with the outcome. Then he suddenly realized something, [colour=#ff0000]"the very useful skills and talents you all must have."[/colour]?! Quillhart recognized that voice! He turned around with a doubtful face and a heightened eyebrow as he gazed to the red mare. [colour=#daa520]"Walky...?" [/colour]Quillhart smiled widely when he recognized Fire Walker. Her tall and proud frame that made her surrounding look so small and extraneous by just being. Friendly eyes but still the very same eyes he had seen be sharp enough to make any armor worthless to hide away from its pierce. A gentle smile on her lips but he had heard a cry of rage shaped by those lips that he was sure would cause a dragon to flee in panic. A friend to rely on, an enemy to shiver before.

Quillhart walked up to Fire Walker and was about to give her a hug but stopped himself with his hoofs midair. He wasn't sure how good friends they were. Maybe she didn't even consider Quillhart her friend. What if she would get angry on him for ruining her image by hugging her?! Oh, terrible thought... What if she decided to send the royal guards on him and send him to jail? Or worse?! Maybe she would get so angry that she would explode! Maybe so angry that the whole world would explode! ((Oh snap! :-|)) Also Quillhart didn't want her to feel awkward in any way so he decided to set his hoofs back on the ground. He felt very awkward but it was better that he felt like that than Fire Walker. [colour=#daa520]"How are you, friend?" [/colour]He said and smiled.

((Papa's home! :)))

The shop is starting to get packed with his fellow adventure seekers. Before he could even speak a word to anypony, a brown earthpony, looks to be slightly younger than himself, stumbles through the door. It was slightly amusing however, something seemed familiar about this stallion. Brew sits quietly allowing him to make his introduction. The pony revealed himself as Quillhart, an author from his hometown of Filly. The name instantly kickstarted his memory. He has heard much about Quillhart from his fellow Fillydelphians but personally never met him. Before he could atempt to introduce himself again to the group, Quillhart begins to converse with the crimson mare, Fire Walker. Apparently they are already aquianted. Master Mustang stands and walks up to Aureate Compass and bows. [colour=#FF8C00]"It's a pleasure and honor to meet you, Aureate Compass."[/colour] he smiles. [colour=#FF8C00]"I am Brew Highkick, but most know me as Master Mustang." [/colour] Brew takes a quick look around the shop and then return his eyes back to Aureate.

HZpdA2K.png

[colour=#DAA520]"Don't worry, you aren't late at all, quite the opposite. Do join us, while we wait for the others, Mr, ah?" [/colour]

[colour=#800000]"Heart Monitor. Doctor Heart Monitor, medical professional from Trottingham. You can call me either. Doctor Heart or whatever, anything is fine for me."[/colour]

He gave the stallion a content smile and then couldn't believe how many new faces had shown up. A few new stallions and mares and such. The newest one, called himself Quillhart. A writer and adventurer hailing from Fillydelphia. Heart had never been to the city but it sounded amazing. There was a stallion named Shazam, or Hocus Pocus. Same story, he had never heard of him. Was he a magician or..? Moving on. The other stallion called himself Brew Highkick. Or Master Mustang. As his name suited him he seemed to be into the styles of martial arts. Or so Heart assumed. Apart from all the newcomers they had their leader named Aureate Compass. And the mare Heart had already seen once he walked in, Miss Fire Walker.

Heart was never spoken to directly from any of the newcomers. Mainly because he hadn't spoken at all until now. He was sure that they were all going to have a grand time!

[colour=#800000]"Seems we have quite the diverse group here. Should be a lot of fun."[/colour] He said with a smile on his happy face.

• 2 weeks later...

Typically the mare would have been staying at home idling for the whole day, but on the contrary, this was not one of her "typical" days.

It was the day, however, that Ballad was journeying around Equestria.

Ballad was not exactly a fit and athletic mare, but, she thought, she did need some adventure and excitement. At least her friends won't tease how she wasn't getting enough fresh air. This was her chance to prove that she could at least do something big.

She had prepared for this for days; the whole idea on joining into this particular journey in the first place all started from when Ballad saw that poster. It was strange how one large sheet of paper can influence ones mind. In an instant, she considered taking part of the trip around Equestria. She soon began to be involved in her own self-conflicts regarding on getting involved on the journey, eventually making a final decision on the matter.

Ballad had supplied herself with essentials- that is, canteen, rope, binoculars, flashlight, alarm clock, matches, soap, can opener, scissors, notepad...whatever it was, it was clearly too much. During her own personal "journey" to Canterlot, she had several ponies stare at her. After only getting halfway to Canterlot, she was already panting, and she scolded herself. Tired already? If I can't even handle a short distance trip to Canterlot with this, how can I even survive the actual journey? Dang it, go faster!

When she finally arrived to her destination, she immediately searched for the first seat she could find. Plopping down on one of them, Ballad threw her baggage on the ground, and collapsed in exhaustion. [colour=#daa520]"I... haf arrifedt." [/colour]Ballad said, raising her hoof weakly.

“Happy to see you once again, Mister Quillhart.", the red Pegasus took the initiative and gave the stallion a friendly hug after scooting off her chair, "I've been well. Things have been interesting since the last time I've seen you. I have been rather busy with an assortment of R.E.A duties and my own personal side jobs. I hope you've been doing as well.", she returned to her chair. "My brother Sky Walker used to have the same issues. He couldn't help but fall on his face every time he put one hoof in front of the other. Thankfully he found a few ways to help. First, he stopped even thinking of himself as 'clumsy'. He also got a bit more sleep than usual, and he also got involved in sports in school. This didn't fix his issues over night, but as time went on, he was able to move about with any real problems."

She turned towards the kimono wearing pony as he spoke. One he was finished, the mare replied, "Ah, Master Mustang, while we've never met, I've heard about you! You've helped train some of the younger guards in the R.E.A. for melee combat. I'm also sure I've heard your name being brought up during a few of our work-groups. We had to redouble our training after the whole mess during Captain Shining Armor and Princess Cadance's wedding."

She held out her front right hoof which was covered in a light plate horseshoe. She quickly waggled it, which caused a small blade to extend itself from the shoe. The blade appeared to be more suitable for disarming an opponent than actually harming one. "I do specialize is up close combat myself. We'll have to spar one of these days, I'm sure I could learn a good deal from you."

Fire Walker nodded her head as the Heart spoke, "Yes, so far we have a rather interesting look group of ponies. I do look forward to doing a little traveling with you all..I er..", she stopped as the Celeste coloured mare made her way into the small building. The mare smiled as the girl found herself and seat and said...

When she finally arrived to her destination, she immediately searched for the first seat she could find. Plopping down on one of them, Ballad threw her baggage on the ground, and collapsed in exhaustion. "I... haf arrifedt." Ballad said, raising her hoof weakly.

The Pegasus pony was confused. Did she just sneeze? Would she need to be blessed? Or was she just shy, "Sorry dear, I didn't quite catch that. I'm Fire Walker, and you are?". The mare tried her very best to appear as non-intimidating as an armored wearing crimson pony could look. After noticing her blade was still out, she chuckled and let it retract back into the armored hilt.

OOC: Another pic of Fire Walker by the always awesome Valkyrie Girl

qb3d.png

[colour=#FFD700]"Well, I believe everybody is here," [/colour]Aureate announced to the room as he stood up. [colour=#FFD700]"Now, I'm sure you all know who I am and where you are, but for the record, I am Aureate Compass, and you are all here for the journey," [/colour]Aureate pulled out a map as he said this, covered in markings and notes. [colour=#ffd700]"Now, as you can see from the map, we are travelling through Ponyville, Dodge Junction, Stalliongrad, the Crystal Empire and finally, Germaney. Now, some of the die-hard adventurers in the group may be disappointed to learn that most of the journey will be by train. But fear not! In each stop I'll be heading out of town to get a good vantage point and fill in my maps. Anybody looking for a good hike - and the possibility of unexpected adventures - is welcome to follow me. Also, as there are no trains that run to Hoofenheim we will have to make that journey on foot. Our train leaves in a few minutes. Any questions?"[/colour]

Ballad got up in an instant when she saw that another mare was questioning her. Immediately she straightened when she noticed that the mare was from the R.E.A; to her, they could be easily discerned from the rest of the crowd from their armor and weaponry. She couldn't afford to embarrass herself when there was a military official with her.

[colour=#6495ed]"Oh...I am sorry. I beliefe I haf not intr-oduced myself. I am Ballad, from Hoofenheim, from Ger-maney. Please mindt my accent."[/colour] Ballad greeted. [colour=#6495ed]"I am a bit tir-edt already. V-alking here was quite tiring."[/colour]

Later a stallion stood up from the group, seemingly the leader of this expedition. Ballad brightened when she found out that they will be going to her homeland; she had not been there for some time, and she could use this chance to visit her old friends and parents. The problem was that she packed too much. If she could barely stand up from carrying her baggage to Canterlot, she couldn't possibly survive within a week. As Compass allowed for questions, she shot up her hoof. [colour=#6495ed]"How long vill the tr-ip take?"[/colour]

She turned towards the kimono wearing pony as he spoke. One he was finished, the mare replied, "Ah, Master Mustang, while we've never met, I've heard about you! You've helped train some of the younger guards in the R.E.A. for melee combat. I'm also sure I've heard your name being brought up during a few of our work-groups. We had to redouble our training after the whole mess during Captain Shining Armor and Princess Cadance's wedding."

She held out her front right hoof which was covered in a light plate horseshoe. She quickly waggled it, which caused a small blade to extend itself from the shoe. The blade appeared to be more suitable for disarming an opponent than actually harming one. "I do specialize is up close combat myself. We'll have to spar one of these days, I'm sure I could learn a good deal from you."

Hearing Lt. Fire Walker address him, Brew turns to face her. Her words flatter him to the point of a slight blush. His modesty in such situations tend to get the best of him. [colour=#FF8C00]"Thank you kindly Lt. Fire Walker for such flattering words. I only try to do my best for my fellow ponies, my Princesses, and those who serve and protect us all. Just doing my best like my father."[/colour]

Brew's eyes wander to the mare's hoof to then which a small hidden blade pops out as she makes a comment about her own abilities. Interesting little device but not his speed. Brew like to fight with no tricks or cheating. Just body and mind but he understands that war is vastly different. Fire Walker then comments that she and Brew should spar sometime and that she could learn much from him. Brew blushes slightly again. [colour=#FF8C00]"I would be honored, Lt. Fire Walker-san. I expect you to be a well skilled opponent. I may learn just as much from you---"[/colour] Brew says as he is interupted by a strange mare that arrived and plopped down with great exhaustion. As she interduced herself Brew could tell before she revealed such that she was from Germaney. He never been there but would like to one day. He glances at her and tilts his head in curiosity and concern. [colour=#FF8C00]"Are you ok miss?"[/colour]

[colour=#282828] [/colour][colour=#6495ED]"How long vill the tr-ip take?"[/colour][colour=#282828] [/colour]

Aureate had to consider that for a moment. [colour=#daa520]"That, is, ah, an excellent question. The initial stage of the journey may take us around a week, and the Germaneian hike could take a few days, so I'd say the journey would be roughly a fortnight, miss. Any other questions? Or are we ready to go?"[/colour] Aureate asked with just a hint of nervousness, as he glanced at the clock and realised the train would be going soon.

Quillhart was mighty surprised when he suddenly received a hug but he didn't complain and was quick ti give her a gentle squeeze in return. He smiled as he heard that she had been busy, it sure sounded like the Lt. Fire Walker he knew, always busied with something. [colour=#daa520]"Why, yes. I've been doing great actually. I just got my, what is it? Fifteenth book published, and it appeared to be a minor hit. Not as the real authors but it still turned out to be quite a head turner in Canterlot. Maybe you've read it?! It's called: Doomed to hero, and it's about-!"[/colour] Quillhart stopped as he realized that he got a bit carried away. [colour=#daa520]"Ehum, nevermind. Anyways, I can assure you that I don't use to trip wherever I go. It just happens that my hoofs doesn't agree with doorsteps because of the time that I've spent on the free roads."[/colour][colour=#daa520] [/colour]

Quillhart watched as Fire Walker turned towards a pony he heard being addressed to as Master Mustang by the red Pegasus Master Mustang... MASTER MUSTANG?! He turned to him with his mouth wide opened, and forgot that he was actually too shy to talk with him. [colour=#daa520]"Are you the Master Mustang?! One of the best fighters in modern time, of which techniques I've used in many of my books?! Which most simple techniques actually saved my life from ending up in a timberwolf's stomach?! Wow, you look younger than on the images I've seen you on! Is there a secret? Do you use any sort of a potion, or do the activity itself keep you so fresh? How long have you been doing martial arts?!"[/colour] Quillhart heard them talking about to spar someday. [colour=#daa520]"You have to tell me when you're gonna do it. Even though I'd probably be easily outmatched I'd like to she those techniques in action. And against Fire Walker?! I can't miss this! I can't wait![/colour]" He suddenly stopped himself realizing how he was going on. [colour=#daa520]"Oh, ehum... It's a... pleasure to meet you Master Mustang. I wasn't told that it would be some famous ponies on this trip."[/colour] Qullhart said with a shameful face.

Then suddenly another pony stumbled in and collapsed on the floor in front of him and Quillhart jumped back a little and decided that he had said enough. He took a seat on the floor and wished to sink through it. He glanced up at Aureate and hoped that he would start the journey so that Quillhart's behavior could be forgotten.

• 3 weeks later...

((Sorry for my little dry spell :blush: Let the adventure continue!!))

Shzaam sat patiently in his chair for a while, eagerly listening to the others introduce themselves and watching another few stroll in through the door. Quite a diverse group of ponies here, that was for sure.

Lieutenant Fire Walker of the REA, the writer Quillhart, Dr. Heart Moniter, martial art expert M. Mastang, Ballad from Hoofenheim, and of course Aureate Compass the mapmaker... And well, yes, Shzaam himself... This making seven ponies to travel Equestria together for some time away from their respective, every day life. Socializing with one another was bound to be an adventure in itself!

He stood out of his chair looked about the room, as it was about time he re-introduced himself.

[colour=#00FF00]<<"Greetings everypony! For those of you that didn't catch my name earlier, I'm Hocus Pocus, but you can call me 'Shzaam' if you'd like. I'm a magician and I'll be trying to keep you all in high spirits for the duration of the trip and maybe even after it's finished!">>[/colour]

He takes a moment to glance at everypony before looking the clock mounted to a wall. 

Tick tock. Tick tock.

He shuffles in places nervously before heading to the door and propping it open.

[colour=#00FF00]<<"I don't mean to rush anypony either but we need to get going! Our train leaves in a few minutes and I think we need to be on it.">>[/colour]

*Due to decisions to restructure the forum and trim unneeded sections, the Private RP Forum will soon be removed. As such, recently active RP threads in this section have been moved to the sections in the WoE we deemed to be the best fit for them. If you would prefer your thread be moved to another section in WoE, or to a Free RP section, please contact a moderator and we will be happy to move it as you desire.*

~Canterlot.com staff.

Quillhart watched as Fire Walker turned towards a pony he heard being addressed to as Master Mustang by the red Pegasus Master Mustang... MASTER MUSTANG?! He turned to him with his mouth wide opened, and forgot that he was actually too shy to talk with him. "Are you the Master Mustang?! One of the best fighters in modern time, of which techniques I've used in many of my books?! Which most simple techniques actually saved my life from ending up in a timberwolf's stomach?! Wow, you look younger than on the images I've seen you on! Is there a secret? Do you use any sort of a potion, or do the activity itself keep you so fresh? How long have you been doing martial arts?!" Quillhart heard them talking about to spar someday. "You have to tell me when you're gonna do it. Even though I'd probably be easily outmatched I'd like to she those techniques in action. And against Fire Walker?! I can't miss this! I can't wait!" He suddenly stopped himself realizing how he was going on. "Oh, ehum... It's a... pleasure to meet you Master Mustang. I wasn't told that it would be some famous ponies on this trip." Qullhart said with a shameful face.

The young humble martial artist blushes slightly from the flattery. He shyly rubs his neck with an embarrassed closed-eyed smil and then bows slightly. "You honor me greatly, good sir and I'm happy to meet you as well. I never realized how well known I was." Brew face softens to and his heart warms to know that some of his techniques have helped another so greatly. However, the young master became a little overwhelmed by the bombardment of questions from the stallion. "Well, sir... I'm not much older than yourself and I have been training ever since I can remember. If you would like, later on I could endulge your curiosity. I'm sure you are just as eager as I am to have the expedition underway." He then remembers Quilhart's comment about his pontential match with Fire Walker. "As for me and Ms.---- pardon me... Lt. Fire Walker, I sure that she will be quite the test for my abilities. I also would be honored for you to view such a specticle."

"Fifteen?", the red Pegasus was impressed by Quillhart's epic writing skills, "Congratulations! That -is- a very impressive feat, specially for someone as young as you are.", she gave the writer a proud smile before sheepishly adding, "As for your books themselves. I've been very behind on my reading. I signed up for a book club, and they send me books by certain writers. When they're published, I get a copy. So far I'm on your second novel. I did bring it along. As for this trip, it's just something random and crazy I decided to go with.", she slowly got back onto her hooves, "I finally managed to get some free time to use and I decided to go with something different. I didn't plan anything. I didn't study up on our locations. I just packed my things and here I am. I usually tend to over-plan my little trips and end up stressing about it."

She glanced up at the clock, "Oh feathers. Looks like it might be wise to get moving. I do look forward to chatting with all of you.", she cantered towards the exit as she spoke...