Greetings!

Shayua Haise

Hello there, everyone! I'm known on the internet as Shayua Haise, or Shay for short.

I'm hoping to become part of this community, since I enjoy roleplaying, though I've never really attempted this style.

What I mean by that is, I'm a tabletop roleplayer, I tend to play games such as Call of Cthulhu, Conspiracy X, and the occasional Dungeons and Dragons game. I also write stories for fun, since I absolutely love writing, so I figured I'd try out this kind of roleplaying, since it's basically the two things I enjoy most put into one thing. Hopefully everyone can help me learn along the way, and who knows, maybe I'll make a few friends?

Let's see, a little bit about me...

Well, my name is DJ, in real life, (Nickname of course.). I'm a male, and I'm striving to become a general practitioner in my state of Louisiana. I'm not in college yet, but let's keep our fingers crossed, I'm sure I'll make it some day.

I enjoy nature, as it's rather peaceful. Who doesn't like peace? I like to just sit and listen to nature sometimes.

I also enjoy music! Almost any kind of music, but mostly meaningful music. What I mean by that is, music that tells a story(You're going to hear that a lot.). Sometimes it's lyrical, sometimes it's instrumental, but great examples of this are classical music such as Beethoven.

I was in band in my school for...four years? I think four years. I played Clarinet, and I still practice it a bit at home, so I'm well versed in musical terms and the like. If you have any questions or concerns about music, I'm definitely someone to go to for that.

As I said earlier, I hope to become a general practitioner. My goal in life is to help others, it has been since I was a little boy. I figured the best way to do that is to become a doctor. I looked to the medical community and found that too many people are specializing. There's too many fancy doctors, and not enough of the backbone, the general practitioners. They're the ones you go to when you have a problem, and you don't know what it is. Or you know what it is, and it's bad, and they diagnose you and tell you how to fix it. They're also called upon to assist in the emergency room in hospitals, so they save their share of lives.

Less specific things about me, I'm fun loving for the most part. I can get angry, I wont lie, but for the most part I'm calm. As long as you don't try to upset me, I wont get upset with you. I love to help others, and will gladly help you with anything I can, though I'm not sure what all I could help with at this point.

I'm interested to meeting all of you. If you have any notes or suggestions for me, feel free to send them to me, I'm all ears. I plan to post my first application for a pony soon enough, and I'd love if those of you who respond here could give me some feedback on that, once it's finished.

Looking forward to the times to come!

Hi!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed. :D

You'll also need to make at least 5 posts anywhere in the Introductions forum before you can post on other parts of the board.

If you're looking to RP, a good place to start is the Canterlot RP Rules and FAQ.

Welcome to Canterlot!

Danke, for the warm welcome. I shouldn't have expected any less from a community of fellow FiM fans. I do have a question, though.

In the roleplaying sections, does there tend to be a lot of problems? Such as disagreements and the like? I can't help but imagine that there's got to be some, but to what extent does it happen, so I can know what to expect?

And then, a follow-up, how would I go about solving a disagreement problem if I were to run into one? Just PM an RP Helpstaff?

I ask this because in my only experience of roleplaying, that being tabletop gaming, the only time I wasn't having fun was when people were in a disagreement, which tended to happen more often than I would have liked.

@Diego Havoc

Oh my. Pony maids, in an RPG. That's certainly interesting. I'll look into that, friend, but I can't guarentee how interested I'll be in it.

We don't usually have a lot of problems, most things get resolved very peacefully and quickly enough. But if you have any problems, simply PM the RP Helpstaff group, or if it's an even bigger problem they can't solve, feel free to PM a Moderator or one of the Admins. We're all here to help resolve things and keep the motor running smoothly. That's why we're here!

Oh, I think bronies tend to get along during RPs. If something is 'wrong' in an RP, try working it out with the other player(s) in the topic. Unless it's something really serious, or something you just can't solve, yes, you should go to an RP Helpstaff.

There haven't been a whole lot of RP problems though. We tend to be a pretty friendly bunch!

Wonderful! I expected as much, but I wanted to be absolutely sure. I doubt I'll run into many problems, but it's good to know if I do hit a snag, there's people I can go to. Though, I'm sure any problems I run into can be settled easily with the other people, like you said.

Welcome to the great and wonderful forums that is Canterlot!

My name is PaintedWings and I will be your new friend here on these forums

I have two standard questions I like to ask every new brony

1. Do you RP?

2. Do you plan to participate in the RPing goodness that is Canterlot?

If the answer is yes then I hope to see you around on the RPing forums!

If the answer is no that's okay! We have plenty of other threads that will give you all the pony love you need!

Anyway welcome to the herd and I hope you enjoy your stay

Also please don't be afraid to ask staff questions if you need help quick tip you need to post 5 times in the intro thread before you're allowed anywhere else.

Isn't it wonderful how well our little big forum works? :)

Why yes it is! It's definitely a good first impression.

Welcome to the great and wonderful forums that is Canterlot!

My name is PaintedWings and I will be your new friend here on these forums

I have two standard questions I like to ask every new brony

1. Do you RP?

2. Do you plan to participate in the RPing goodness that is Canterlot?

If the answer is yes then I hope to see you around on the RPing forums!

If the answer is no that's okay! We have plenty of other threads that will give you all the pony love you need!

Anyway welcome to the herd and I hope you enjoy your stay

Also please don't be afraid to ask staff questions if you need help quick tip you need to post 5 times in the intro thread before you're allowed anywhere else.

Hooray, a new friend.

Yes, I do roleplay.

Yes, I do plan to participate in the roleplaying. I'm sure you'll see me around soon enough, once I get around to finishing my first character application.

Edit: This was actually my fifth post, yay! Wish me luck on the rest of the forum. And once again, thank you for the warm welcome.