IRC Chat not working.

IceStorm

Is there anyway that I can get the port to the Canterlot IRC Channal and the hosting service? Because thanks to Adobe, I can't access the IRC via the site without running a Lynux Operating system because the software I need to reach the IRC is only Lynux Compatable. Please and thank you.

Server: irc.naughtygazelle.com

Port: 6667

Channel: #canterlot

Feel free to use any IRC program or site that you feel suitable.

Some choices are...

Web: Mibbit.com, kiwiirc.com

Windows: mIRC, kvIRC

Mac: Colloquy, Limechat

Linux: Konversation (sp?), xchat

Check your router and/or ISP isn't blocking the port.

If not connecting from home, it's standard practice for schools/public buildings/whatever to block all known IRC ports.

If you can't connect using the information above, there's not a huge amount anyone can do for you.

Is there an SSL Protocol that I need to have? because I've literally tried everything to get it to connect and nothing is connecting to it. not Trillian, not Turbo IRC, not Chatzilli, not mibit. Not anything. I have it set to all that's listed in the chat and I'm still getting server timeouts.

How are the people with Adobe Flash getting around the Daemon Policy? I have tried every daemon policy, and have tried everything from my end to contacting my ISP and they have nothing blocked on their end. IF someone else had the Daemon Policy notice for the Flash player and you were able to get around it, can you please let me know how? We never had this issue with a java-based IRC.

Also like to add that no IRC client is letting me connect to irc.naughtygazelle.com either. The connection times out on every one and I've tried on multiple computers.

Ice, are you connecting from a school internet connection? Work? If so, the firewall is likely blocking you from the port to connect to IRC, like Autumn said before. I work in a high school, and am unable to connect to the IRC server through the Mibbit client on Canterlot, because the port is blocked. I know Autumn set up one port to allow people to bypass that block, but I can't access my IRC client at work to check the settings.