NFL Predictions are Magic!

Hippo

OP updated http://www.canterlot.com/topic/16123-nfl-predictions-are-magic/#entry384830

This weeks debate/bonus pick:

Despite mountains of stat sheets and opinions that prove that the NFC is better than the AFC, the non-conference games record after 4 weeks this year in the NFL has the AFC ahead 15-7.

If you're not familiar with the conferences and their divisions, here's the current standings:

k6e3.png

So the question: Last year the NFC went 39-25 to beat the AFC teams after the 64 non-conference games were completed. Which conference will win this season? And what do you think the record will be?

I think it will be AFC 35-29

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bills @ Browns - I think they keep winning. I don't care if it doesn't make sense or that it makes the football gods cast demons into the armpit that is the AFC East.

Patriots @ Bengals - This is my gamble this week. We all know the Patriots have been struggling with injuries, and that their team is not as good as they could be. Yet here they are 4-0. It's about time the Patriots lost a tough one. Also, it's interesting that Andy Dalton has a strange stat to his name. He has played four games against superbowl-winning quarterbacks. His record in those games? 4-0. Tom Brady, you're next.

Lions @ Packers - I love the Lions, but the Packers aren't going to be beat that easily.

Seahawks @ Colts - Don't give me that look. This game can go either way, and the Seahawks have yet to prove they're good on the road this season (without the help of the other team of course)

Ravens @ Dolphins - Dolphins return to victory right when i decide to pick them again. Its important to know when to pull out, but you want to stay focused to keep the winning teams back in.

Saints @ Bears - I don't know why most of the expert opinions say the Bears have this one. I think the Bears are good at home, but their pass defense isnt that good.

Eagles @ Giants - Giants finally win. SHUT UP I SAID THEY FINALLY WIN.

Chiefs @ Titans - Chiefs will have to win this one and remain tied with the Broncos for the division lead. I think it's safe to say that the Titan's will lose more often with their Locker in the locker room. (see what i did there?)

Jaguars @ Rams - One of these days the Jaguars are going to humiliate a football team. Let's hope its not this week. Cuz for all intents and purposes, the Rams suck, so it could very well be this week.

Panthers @ Cardinals - Panthers win against the Cardinals who play well at home... sometimes. You know its strange to think at this week last year, the Cardinals were 4-0, beating the seahawks, the patriots, the eagles and the dolphins, and then finished the season with a 5-11 record.

Broncos @ Cowboys - If I lose this pick this week, I will never hear the end of it from everyone in my town who's a Cowboys fan.

Chargers @ Raiders - Chargers are exactly as good as I thought they'd be. They'll miss out on the playoffs, but until then, look for them to be impressive.

Texans @ 49ers - I was going to pick the Texans, but then I realized how unreliable the Texans have become. And then I also realized thatthe 49ers are completely capable of winning at home despite a loss against the Colts. 49ers have talent on their side, hte home crowd will push them to a close victory.

Jets @ Falcons - I almost want to pick the Jets, just because I'm so **** tired of the Falcons being so unreliable and having close games against teams they should be blowing out. Watch them win this one by an extra point.

Bills @ Browns

Patriots @ Bengals

Lions @ Packers

Seahawks @ Colts

Ravens @ Dolphins

Saints @ Bears

Eagles @ Giants

Chiefs @ Titans

Jaguars @ Rams

Panthers @ Cardinals

Broncos @ Cowboys

Chargers @ Raiders

Texans @ 49ers

Jets @ Falcons

Alright, this week home field advantage wins nine of the fourteen games for me. Colts are my upset team of the week for me as I feel the Seahawks will suffer under their crazy early schedule this year with all its late east coast travels. Yep, I am making the Chiefs and Broncos 5-0.

Bills @ Browns

Patriots @ Bengals

Lions @ Packers

Seahawks @ Colts

Ravens @ Dolphins

Saints @ Bears

Eagles @ Giants

Chiefs @ Titans

Jaguars @ Rams

Panthers @ Cardinals

Broncos @ Cowboys

Chargers @ Raiders

Texans @ 49ers

Jets @ Falcons

Untitled_zpse15b9a7b.png

With two sunday night games and a monday night game, Raridash will win with a Texans' victory or a 49ers win by less than 25 points and a Jets loss. I win with a 49ers win by more than 25 points and a Jets loss. UndercoverBrony can win with a 49ers win, an Raiders win, a Jets win on monday, and enough margin points to tip the scales in his favor.

Well folks, last week my NFL picks stank worse than a herd of skunks!

So THIS week, I’ve invited a special guest to do my picks in my stead.

Let’s give a warm Canterlot.com cheer for …. HAYWIRE!!

9DmcOs.jpg

“Thank y’all fer that thar warm reception! I don’t really like football, I’m more fer playin’ a fun game of Hoofball mahself. Anywoo, here’s mah winners!”

Giants @ Bears

“Thar ain’t no such thing as giants, so I gotta go with bears”

Lions @ Browns

“What the hay is a BROWN? Lions are mean and snarly, so they win”

Steelers @ Jets

“Stealin’s wrong, so I pick jets. And fer the record, I don't STEAL! I FIND things I need...”

Packers @ Ravens

“Whatever a PACKER is, gotta be better than a dumb ol’ bird!”

Bengals @ Bills

“A tiger’s gotta be better than a bill. Mah sister Haymaker HATES payin’ bills. One time she got SO mad when payin’ bills, she punched a hole in a tree. A TREE!”

Rams @ Texans

“Sheep are more fun than whatever a TEXAN is. Besides that, we oncest had that thar Matt Schaub feller over fer dinner. I asked him to pass me the mashed taters, and when he did, they got intercepted. Still waitin’ fer them taters…”

Raiders @ Chiefs

“I’ll take Chiefs over anyone. Ever seen Chief Thunderhooves?”

Panthers @ Vikings

“Panthers are too scary, I’ll take whatever a VIKING is!”

Eagles @ Buccaneers

“Eagles fly high, so them thar Buc-ee-nears can’t get’m!”

Titans @ Seahawks

“Since I kin see plenty of hawks, I’ll choose’m!”

Jaguars @ Broncos

“I’m a pony, so DUH??”

Cardinals @ 49ers

“Although I hate math, I’m pickin’ 49!”

Saints @ Patriots

“Don’t know what either of these here is, so I flipped a coin.”

Redskins @ Cowboys

“Like I was gonna pick a team with SKIN in it’s name? YUCK!!”

Colts @ Chargers

“Agin’, I’m a pony, so DUH???”

“I know I’m gonna win this thing this week! When I win, I’m gonna celebrate with a 50 firecracker rocket salute!”

Comes down to me and Undercover. Falcons win, I win. Jets win, UCB wins.

here's week 6:

Giants @ Bears

Packers @ Ravens

Bengals @ Bills

Lions @ Browns

Rams @ Texans

Panthers @ Vikings

Raiders @ Chiefs

Steelers @ Jets

Eagles @ Buccaneers

Jaguars @ Broncos

Titans @ Seahawks

Saints @ Patriots

Cardinals @ 49ers

Redskins @ Cowboys

Colts @ Chargers

Dolphins, Falcons are on bye

My picks for this week:

Giants @ Bears

Packers @ Ravens

Bengals @ Bills

Lions @ Browns

Rams @ Texans

Panthers @ Vikings

Raiders @ Chiefs

Steelers @ Jets

Eagles @ Buccaneers

Jaguars @ Broncos

Titans @ Seahawks

Saints @ Patriots

Cardinals @ 49ers

Redskins @ Cowboys

Colts @ Chargers

Week 6

Giants @ Bears

Packers @ Ravens

Bengals @ Bills

Lions @ Browns

Rams @ Texans

Panthers @ Vikings

Raiders @ Chiefs

Steelers @ Jets

Eagles @ Buccaneers

Jaguars @ Broncos

Titans @ Seahawks

Saints @ Patriots

Cardinals @ 49ers

Redskins @ Cowboys

Colts @ Chargers

tttttriple post.

sorry, but i do what to note, i changed the way I add tie-breaker points. I was adding points in games won, and subtracting points in games lost. Then I realized theres no point to do both because they both cancel each other out. So Im not only adding win points. It'll give the score an easier read, get rid of negative numbers, and be much easier for me to add. it changes the values, but not the differences between players

Giants @ Bears

Packers @ Ravens

Bengals @ Bills

Lions @ Browns

Rams @ Texans

Panthers @ Vikings

Raiders @ Chiefs

Steelers @ Jets

Eagles @ Buccaneers

Jaguars @ Broncos

Titans @ Seahawks

Saints @ Patriots

Cardinals @ 49ers

Redskins @ Cowboys

Colts @ Chargers

Giants @ Bears

Ravens @ Packers

Bengals @ Bills

Lions @ Browns

Rams @ Texans

Panthers @ Vikings

Raiders @ Chiefs

Steelers @ Jets

Eagles @ Buccaneers

Jaguars @ Broncos

Titans @ Seahawks

Saints @ Patriots

Cardinals @ 49ers

Redskins @ Cowboys

Colts @ Chargers

I am going to give the Steelers their first win here. Also for the Jaguars, the real question isn't if they are going to win (they won't), but if they can beat that 28 point underdog spread. :razz:

guys, we have a few options. what should we do:

1) Let Steel have all the picks, even though the Bears game had already started when he submitted them.

2) Let Steel have all the picks, except for Thursday's game. Everyone can change their picks for Sunday.

3) Let Steel have all the picks, except for Thursday's game. No one can change their picks for Sunday.

4) Disqualify all of Steel's picks for this week. (dont pick this one because we love steel)

i vote 2

Giants @ Bears

Ravens @ Packers

Bengals @ Bills

Lions @ Browns

Rams @ Texans

Panthers @ Vikings

Raiders @ Chiefs

Steelers @ Jets

Eagles @ Buccaneers

Jaguars @ Broncos

Titans @ Seahawks

Saints @ Patriots

Cardinals @ 49ers

Redskins @ Cowboys

Colts @ Chargers

Ok so spoken with a few people. We're definitely going to let Steel keep his picks for Sunday. Thursday's game will not count. I think the interest is in forgiving since thursday is an island game in terms of weekly timing. So. What this will do is allow anyone with Sunday's picks already to change them if they would like. Personally, I'm not going to, but if you guys have any changes you would like to make, please PM before tonight at midnight.

Go Broncos!

Pfft, I would have given Steel option one; this isn't a big deal man, its all for fun, not like there is money on the line or something.

I wonder if you would have said the same thing if he picked the Bears to lose :P

I don't intend to make a big deal about, but I do want it to have its structure. So please everyone make sure to turn in your picks before Thursday's game. Do it Wednesday night if that's what it takes.

Since I'm not realizing how very similar everyone's picks are, we should reinstate steel's thursday pick. especially since no one (including me) seems to really care. :P

good luck with everyone's picks!

Everyone picked teh bears, packers, bengals, broncos, seahawks, and colts all to win.

applejack_animated_by_myardius-d5i2aic.gif

its early, but it's already decided for this week, almost.

everyone did very well. predictable games this week i guess.

Undercoverbrony wins if the patriots, cardinals, and redskins all win. If any of those teams loses, then Tacobob wins.

Here's week 7 picks. They are due Thursday October 17th before the Thursday Night game starts.

Seahawks @ Cardinals

Buccaneers @ Falcons

Bears @ Redskins

Cowboys @ Eagles

Patriots @ Jets

Bills @ Dolphins

Chargers @ Jaguars

Rams @ Panthers

Bengals @ Lions

49ers @ Titans

Texans @ Chiefs

Ravens @ Steelers