15 members have voted

1. 1. Unofficial game server choice selection

• Terraria
    • Team Fortress 2 : Mann VS Machine
    • Left 4 Dead
    • Arma 2 / DayZ
    • Brink
    • OTHER (Please post below)

YOU GUYS WANTED ME TO HOST A GAMES FOR YOU SO I DID AND I THINK IT WORKS MAYBE!

Managed to get both TF2 and Terraria up and running without any real problem. I'll leave TF2 running and launch Terraria if anyone requests it.

SERVER INFORMATION :

CURRENTLY RUNNING : TF2 - MANN VS MACHINE AND TERRARIA ON REQUEST

IP ADDRESS : 161.184.225.108

PORT : TF2 = 27015 || TERRARIA = 7777

Password for any server :

Rarity

Join #HalideServer on IRC.Darkmyst.org if you wanna hit me up directly. You can do that thing by clickin' this thing

• Like 1

I don't have minecraft, and because I'm selfish and want to play the game I'd be hosting on a machine in my own home, I'm not gonna host that one. :|

Query: Have you ran a dedicated server before for these games? I assume you have but could you confirm? pinkiepiethinkplz.png?1

Anyway, The safest bet would be TF2 because it's free. Terraria and L4D2 are definitely viable options due to how affordable these two have been in the past on Steam/GreenMan. One of the reasons why I'm against ARMA 2/Day Z because I have a feeling that'd be intense to run server wise. You may want to possibly think about Warframe due to it being primarily a P2P F2P game.

I've run a dedicated server for most of them, so it won't be all that problematic. Plus, the machine I'm planning on using is pretty healthy and fairly robust, so I don't really see any major issues there.

...Also, I am pretty sure that you can't really run a warframe dedicated server effectively, since it's an online-based game. Kind of like how you can't run a dedicated World of Tanks or Guild Wars 2 server.

Ive never played TF2, but I would be willing to play it to add to the community. Only thing is I tend to play really late, usually past midnight eastern time zone.

...Also, I am pretty sure that you can't really run a warframe dedicated server effectively, since it's an online-based game. Kind of like how you can't run a dedicated World of Tanks or Guild Wars 2 server.

You're right, I derped badly on that one, sorry. sweetiebathplz.png?2

As for the Three~Way tie, may I suggest starting off with TF2 to see how well it plays out? You could also rotate which game you'd make a dedicated server every X days or mark specific days of the week for each game.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, just to get this actually going, I'll make an MvM server for canterlot, due to the fact that TF2 is, in fact, free. If that doesn't pan out, I'll try L4D2.

Once I start hosting the server, it'll be up as long as I have the server machine powered on, which would be most of the time since it's a small desktop. It would have a password initially.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

okay due to the fact that I like not paying more on my electric bill than necessary, I will now move the server availability from "most of the time" to "whenever I get wind that anyone whatsoever wants me to boot up the server".

Just lettin' ya know. If you see the server offline and that's inconvenient to you, gimme a shout.

Given that it takes me specifically tracking down people individual by individual in order to even fill the MvM server to playable capacity, I'm not entirely convinced there'd be much point to that.