Fortune Cookie

Zevron

[ Pony Related Character ]

Name: Fortune Cookie

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn, though her outwards appearance suggests she is an Earth Pony.

Pelt Color: Pale pastel yellow

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Pale pastel blue. Her mane is often piled on top of her head in a messy bun held together with a single white chopstick; her bangs fall over her face and her tail appears to have been docked.

Eye Color: Dark blue

Cutie Mark:

fortunemark.png

Three lucky coins with a red ribbon through them.

Fortune gained her cutie mark relatively young, as a result of a jellybean guessing game - somehow, every student in her class except for Fortune herself guessed the exact number of jellybeans in a jar. Fortune was known for having strange things happening around her, then the day following the jellybean incident, it showed up right there on her flanks. Having been the first in her class to get a cutie mark, she at least had something to brag about.

Physique: Fortune appears to be a regular Earth Pony, due to her horn growing into her skull rather than out of it. However, she is slightly smaller and lighter than the average Earth mare.

Residence: Manehattan

Motivation: Fortune has dreams of living the high life, though is unsure as to how to achieve this.

Parents: Teriyaki (Mother, Earth Pony), Chow Mein (Father, Unicorn)

Foals: Wonton (Daughter, Unicorn), Sashimi (Son, Earth Pony)

Likes: Sweets, money, pretty things, stallions, gross-out humour, sleeping, being with her friends, sculpting.

Dislikes: Prunes, scary movies, loud noises, sudden movements, being bored, sitting still, soggy hay, math.

Character Summary:ÂÂ

Fortune hails from a faraway eastern corner of Equestria, having moved to Manehattan quite some time ago for reasons even she is unsure of. Her own parents were an earth pony and unicorn, with Fortune appearing to take after her mother, but was later revealed to possess a horn - which unfortunately couldn't be put to much use. At present, her two foals are being communally raised by her extended family.

Fortune has no obvious magical abilities, and even lacks the basic telekinesis inherent to unicorns, though appears to have an uncanny ability to attract copious amounts of concentrated misfortune whilst miraculously avoiding any serious physical harm. Her very presence can cause things completely out of the ordinary and unexplainable by any non-magical means to happen, seemingly for the sake of something unpleasant happening.

Whilst all this may be dismissed as coincidence, her occasional bouts of utter misfortune have been found to be followed by streaks of good luck in random individuals around her. It is suspected that her unicorn talent may be, as her cutie mark indicates, to bring good fortune through luck spells. Unfortunately, as her horn happens to be on backwards, this ability is triggered involuntarily, exchanging her own fortune to dampen negative effects on others. Sadly, she doesn't and cannot choose on whose behalf she suffers misfortune and hence the good luck streaks which result from her random bad luck spells often end up happening to complete strangers.

Whilst cognitively impaired in areas due to brain damage caused by her malformed horn, Fortune is still a sweet, kindly pony who is always there for her friends whether they want her there or not. She may at (most of the) times come off as annoying, but she means well and merely wants to love and to be loved. Unfortunately, like everypony without a completely spotless mind, she does at times do less than savoury things such as using her looks to get what she wants and exaggerating her difficulties to get out of doing things she has deemed to require more effort than she could be bothered giving. Luckily for those around her, she is a terrible liar and can be weeded out by even the worst judges of character.

Fortune has a fairly juvenile sense of humour, which may come off as crude to other ponies. Nonetheless, she enjoys cracking jokes, even if they aren't necessarily any funnier than they are wrong on various levels.

Despite appearances, Fortune is a very creative and resourceful pony, though has extreme difficulty with hard logic, mathematics and also has a tendency to trip over her own hooves at times.

Fortune's horn is not expected to grow any more than it has.

Image:

missfortunem.png

The female template from this thread was used, as I can't draw worth anything.

Physique: Fortune appears to be an Earth Pony, due to her horn growing into her skull rather than out of it.

I... But... Okay, you may or may not believe this but I am actually half way through writing an app for a pony with the exact same thing. Wow. I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry ^^:

Fair play to you, you got there first after all. I can always tweak my app so don't think I'm mad or anything. Well, maybe a little :shifty: Just felt like pointing out a weird coincidence.

I won't comment much on the app; I prefer to leave that to the RP Helpstaff, but I will say that we do have Derpy Hooves who is... special... so there is at least precidence for this kind of thing. I'm sure that no one will find it offensive. Ninja'd by Kudalyn. Nevermind.

I'm VERY iffy about this one... sure, a derpy-like pony is okay... but to have her horn growing into her head?! That would eventually kill her, wouldn't it? I just don't think that is a good 'quirk' for a character to have...

Yep, it most likely will be the end of her eventually, but there have been people and nonhuman animals in the real world who've survived half their brains being blown off so perhaps her horn may be angled weirdly in there. Nonetheless, I apologise if it seems a bit dark, but honest to Celestia I am by no means tacking that on as a "quirk" or anything just to be cool.

Physique: Fortune appears to be an Earth Pony, due to her horn growing into her skull rather than out of it.

I... But... Okay, you may or may not believe this but I am actually half way through writing an app for a pony with the exact same thing. Wow. I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry ^^:

Fair play to you, you got there first after all. I can always tweak my app so don't think I'm mad or anything. Well, maybe a little :shifty: Just felt like pointing out a weird coincidence.

I won't comment much on the app; I prefer to leave that to the RP Helpstaff, but I will say that we do have Derpy Hooves who is... special... so there is at least precidence for this kind of thing. I'm sure that no one will find it offensive. Ninja'd by Kudalyn. Nevermind.

Oh gosh! Sorry about that. :x I guess great mindsthink alike, huh? Eheh... >.> Gosh I feel bad for sniping that idea. xD It's alright, you can still go through with it without tweaking. Maybe they can be friends! :lol: ...That is, if our apps get accepted. I suspect mine likely wouldn't, but I'm real confident in your and my ability to pull off playing these poor unicorns. I've actually been considering this app for about two months, but never got around to writing it until now.

Oh gosh! Sorry about that. :x I guess great mindsthink alike, huh? Eheh... >.> Gosh I feel bad for sniping that idea. xD It's alright, you can still go through with it without tweaking. Maybe they can be friends! :lol: ...That is, if our apps get accepted. I suspect mine likely wouldn't, but I'm real confident in your and my ability to pull off playing these poor unicorns. I've actually been considering this app for about two months, but never got around to writing it until now.

Heh, no worries, no hard feelings. I just sometimes get this feeling that people are stealing ideas out of my head o_o Earlier today I saw the update for that big Flash pony game. Looks like one of the bad guys is some sorta evil goat. The bad guy in the pony game I was working on? I'll give you three guesses. Honestly, I am this close to wrapping my head in tin foil and locking myself in the basement.

Aaaanyway. Well, I'm still not sure if I'm gonna app my guy yet anyway; I have a couple more OCs I wanna finish first. Good luck with your app!

Ehh, like the others pointed out a horn growing in would eventually kill her. I'd reccommend making it on the outside and making it bent or crooked or something if you really are adamant about keeping her sort of... "Derpy'd". You may want to change it a bit more since Diego's got a similar character, it kinda sucks when you make something to see someone else do the same thing later on, but reskinned. I know. I've been there.

Heh, no worries, no hard feelings. I just sometimes get this feeling that people are stealing ideas out of my head o_o Earlier today I saw the update for that big Flash pony game. Looks like one of the bad guys is some sorta evil goat. The bad guy in the pony game I was working on? I'll give you three guesses. Honestly, I am this close to wrapping my head in tin foil and locking myself in the basement.

As for this, you should've seen me with the MLP Abridged team. I was freaking tearing my hair out with them. Late March I tell my buddy RoboLime that we should do an MLP Abridged series. He agrees and we start searching among our friends for willing actors. 1 week later and EQD posts about the MLP Abridged series looking for actors. I get sick Easter weekend and I'm out all day. Come up with an idea for a rehash of 1985 by Good Charlotte using Cheerilee during my fevered dreaming. That Tuesday (or was it Wednesday?) the MLP Abridged team posts Muffinproof. I was maaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

The character's coming along fine, but I really want to keep the whole horn growing into the head thing since to me, it doesn't seem that gruesome. Age and disease can also kill a pony, and it's not as if anyone could see what's going on in her head.

At present, I'm working on the pictures and am tweaking her backstory to be a little less Mary-Sue-ish. :)

Well, I must say I feel a little frustrated. I thought we couldn't apply with characters with real life features, and Wind Mist (my own character) is supposed to be a medieval chinese character. I know that one of Photo Finish's assistants has oriental-like eyes, but I thought it wasn't allowed in this forum...

Well, I must say I feel a little frustrated. I thought we couldn't apply with characters with real life features, and Wind Mist (my own character) is supposed to be a medieval chinese character. I know that one of Photo Finish's assistants has oriental-like eyes, but I thought it wasn't allowed in this forum...

I do not understand where your concern is coming from Kalpira I looked up your character and it does not match up with what you are talking about. This character pony just has eye slits that 'look' oriental but that's just the way she looks. It has nothing to do with Chinese culture it's just a characteristic and is cannon unless I am missing something.

I would prefer to stay away from adopting the stereotypes of human communities, and entire 'locations'. Referencing the 'far east' in this app isnt a big deal, since we have not developed the far east, but it should not be implied that there are 'oriental' ponies like there are 'oriental' peoples. Its all about staying away from labels and stereotypes; and admittedly this app flirts with some of that. I dont mind small or weak references to it- look at Zecora from the show- obviously there are strong references made to cultures there; I'm okay with it as long as it seems harmless, and we dont adopt 'labels' or entire human-communities.

For example: Fortune cookie is not referred to as being 'oriental'. If so, i missed it after checking twice. Neither is the OC dubbed as any specific eastern country or ethnicity, or anything like that. Just that she hails 'from the distant east'. I'd prefer this actually changed to 'the distant corners of Equestria', because that even gives it a bit of a strong connection to 'eastern cultures'.

I am also trying to be a little bit more lax with RP; if you need me to take a look at your app Kalpira, i'll do so. In regards to the eyes though; in this case i think its a bit unfair of me to say 'those are human eyes' or 'those are oriental eyes, so no'. I think that is just TOO picky. If something similar is happening for your app, let me know by PM and i'll take a look at yours.