The Sweet Disposition[Open to first 4, 2 slots left]

Pinstripe

-------------------------------

Pinstripe sat up in his bed, holding his head in his hooves. "I need a bath." he muttered, before climbing out of the thick tangle of sheets and pillows. His hooves pressed against the carpet floor as he stood there for a moment, before making his way over to the bathroom. He stared at the mirror, before leaning over the counter to get a good look at himself. Wasn't he supposed to be happy about today? He just found a new job. Maybe the job itself was what got him. He was working at the local hospice. The word left a bad taste in his mouth. "Hospice." he mulled over the word, before shaking his head. Pinstripe twisted the knob on his shower, letting it run for a few moments, before stepping in. The warm water washed over his body, soaking into his fur, and onto his skin. This always seemed to calm him down. He ran his hooves through his mane, standing there for a few more minutes, under the warm shower. You're doing a good thing, Pinstripe. I mean, come on; giving up your free time to keep sick ponies company? Pinstripe shut the water off, stepping out of the shower. He pulled at a towel, hanging lazily on the rack, drying himself off. Dying ponies. I'm watching ponies slowly die out.

Pinstripe was soon out the door, adjusting his scarf, as it billowed in the cool autumn breeze. Yeah, but, at least you're keeping them company, right?

I guess so.

(may i join?)

Starwing was already at the hospice pacing around in the room, this was her first job and she was scared to death. "its just a job," she thought to herself. Starwing was supposed to meet someone here but they didn't show up apparently. She went outside to go get something to eat, she was starving. Just as she was walking back a pony walked towards the hospice. Starwing stopped and said "hello" shyly but he didn't respond. She slowly walked back to the hospice hoping someone would be there by the time she got back.

[OH MY GOD YES. JOIN.]

Pinstripe stood in the lobby of the building, the sterile white lights hurting his eyes some. Weren't hospices supposed to be nicer looking than hospitals? He thought, taking a seat. He took a quick glance around the room, before sighing. Pinstripe got up out of his seat, trotting up to the receptionist. "Hi, uhm... did somepony named Starwing pass by here?" The receptionist; a middle-aged mare, who seemed to have a problem chewing gum(she smacked it around in her mouth. Disgusting.) nodded, simply pointing at the lobby doors. A young pegasus mare entered right on cue. Wow, convenient.

"She's right there, sweetie."

Pinstripe smelled the cigarette smoke on her. The mare's voice was also a telltale sign. He looked at Starwing, before tapping the receptionist's desk with a hoof. "Thanks." he said, approaching the newcomer. "You're the other intern. My name's Pinstripe."

[oh...um, may i join, oh i wish to be part of this rp :)]

The doors opened once more as a smaller butter colored pegasus mare entered. Her sky blue eyes lite up in nervousness, if that was even possible as she fluttered her wings shyly. As she walked toward the counter her soft, smooth pink mane covered a bit of her face and she looked around as if lost, but strayed away from the recepionist, too nervous to ask for help.

Starwing walked up to the new pony. She looked shy. "Hi! You must be another new person here," Starwing said. Starwing took her by the hoove and lead her to pinstripe. "He can tell you everything you need," Starwing said.

Pinstripe gave the shy-looking mare a soft smile, trying to remember her name. "Uh... I don't remember you being here last week for the interviews. What's your name again?" Of course, he actually totally did remember the mare's name, but he forgot. They did, after all, exchange awkward glances during interview night, and to be honest, he thought she was pretty cute. Still, he tried to stay professional, man. We're not here to pick up mares. Besides, those two are way out of your league. Pinstripe reached into his saddlebag, not using his magic for some reason. Unusual for a unicorn. He pulled out a few books, placing them on the table beside him. After a few moments of rummaging, the pistachio-coloured pony finally pulled a large manila envelope out, with the seal of Ponyville stamped on the front. "Here, uhm... read through this." he said, passing the envelope on to the two newcomers.

The mare yipped a bit not used to others touching her so suddenly but followed, "Oh..I...um..im fluttershy" the mare said as she smiled shyly and looked at the ground, shuffling a hoof. That was, until she was handed an envelope that she looked at, "w..what's this?"

"Its a confirmation letter, you have to sign it." Starwing said. "It says all the rules of working here." Starwing said. Starwing padded around the room in circles. "When do we get started?" Starwing asked. She was eager to start her new job.

Pinstripe shrugged, actually quite unsure of that.When do we start? Pinstripe thought to himself. The receptionist spoke up again, in her raspy, smoker's voice. "Right now, sweetie." Pinstripe nodded some. He was suddenly called over by the desk-bound mare. Slowly, Pinstripe trotted towards her. The mare spoke in a low voice, dripping with venom. "I know why you're here, kid. Don't you dare ever place a single hoof on one of those mares, I will fire you so hard, nopony will take you in for another job." Pinstripe was now very confused, scared even. "Y-yes ma'am." he muttered, before trotting off to talk to Starwing and Fluttershy once more.

Starwing was talking to Fluttershy when Pinstripe walked up to them. "Whats wrong?" Starwing asked. "You look scared to death!" She said with eyes widened.

"Huh?" Pinstripe glanced at Starwing, shaking his head some. He trotted past the two mares, muttering something close to "Nothing..." Assumptions. Everypony made them. At horribly wrong times, too. That in particular was a horribly-timed assumption. Whatever. Pinstripe thought. That harpy can go burn in Tartarus.

• 4 weeks later...