My Filly Princess

Lux

Hello all.

I wrote about this in my blog, but I think it begs to be seen on the main board. I was searching the Internet for MLP things when I cam upon this:

So from what I can gather through research, this is a European (I think Danish in origin) toy brand called My Filly Princess. Like Hasbro, it appears that this toy company is seeking to make a show about it.

http://www.dracco.com/us/home/

Personally I never heard of this company before but it seems like they have a big toy line.

http://dracco.filly.com/us/princess/home/

Personally I think it looks uncannily like MLP, albeit more like a CGI version of Generation 2 (called My Little Pony Tales). Definitely don't think I'll be even remotely interested in this version, although for newness sake I'll watch the pilot to compare.

So what are your thoughts on said toy line and the possibility of another pony related show?

Wat. Just... Wat. Definitely an MLP copy. Looks kind of weird. Monsters stealing cupcakes? Welp, at least in MLP the villians do things actually suited to villainous, monster-like characters. A little comparison here.... I'll use the first MLP: FiM villain as my example. Nightmare Moon- wanted to cover Equestria in eternal night. Whatever this thing's monster is- stole some cupcakes from a school. Eeyup. Not even going to try to watch a full episode of this, honestly. :I Wow. Also, around 0:14... How is that one levitating that bow? He doesn't appear to have a horn, unless it's incredibly small and hidden under that crown. Lastly, I agree with Rosewind... Those characters look right between terrible and pretty.

I think Rosewind is referencing the Fluttershy look alike next to said purple screw. The fact though that said screw is bigger than the pony levitating it really drops things into Uncanny Valley. To me it looks like there are three pony types (another resemblance). There are Unicorns, what look like Pegasus ponies with Changeling wings, and Earth ponies.

I think Rosewind is referencing the Fluttershy look alike next to said purple screw. The fact though that said screw is bigger than the pony levitating it really drops things into Uncanny Valley. To me it looks like there are three pony types (another resemblance). There are Unicorns, what look like Pegasus ponies with Changeling wings, and Earth ponies.

Ooooooh.... Now I see it. XD Also, uh... What do you mean the pony levitating the giant purple screw? It's a pillar kind of thing, and I didn't see a pony levitating it...

• 2 months later...

No one really needs to say anything about this show.

Just by watching the trailer alone, anyone will instinctively know that this is garbage.

Just wow, it has all the elements a rancid, generic little kid's show has.

Well it seems that Filly merchandise has hit the US, although not nearly as big as MLP. Apparently these are available in tins (guess their version of blind bags).

As for this series on TV, I haven't heard anything else about it other than the promo video above.

Archived