Interest check: The Amazing Interstellar Amusement Park awaits.

Needlemouse

p74y.jpg

Oh hey, I'm suggesting another Sonic-based RP. What a surprise. [/monotone] Well, this time at least it's working in reverse, rather than dumping Sonic in Equestria for some slice-of-life RP (which apparently isn't something people are into, it seems), a small group of ponies will get the fun experience of being snatched up by an interdimensional 'hiccup' that wisks them through time-and-space to an interstellar amusement park, where sinister schemes are afoot.

More details will be hammered out, sure, but for now the main focus point is: Does anyone actually want to participate? I'm not gonna fork out all that heavy writing if nobody is even interested in the idea and thus making the entire thing a wasted effort. That being said if there IS an interest in it, the other question would be this: OC's only, cast only, or mixed-bag? Again, it's gonna be a small number of characters, so if the latter two options are in place best choose wisely which official characters are going down the rabbit hole.

As with any RP that I head, grammar and competent roleplaying skill is pretty much par for the course. WoE-levels of canon-adherence are also expected, meaning no alicorns, no relations to cast characters, no grimdark and homicidal 'dark and despair' characters, and so on.

So who wants to ride the rollercoaster through an asteroid field?

Well, the aim is for roleplay focus over combat focus, so I'm sure it won't cause any major issues. In the first place, the scenario has a hedgehog moving at Mach 5~10 speeds and aliens capable of turning people into laser beams. I think Bowie needn't worry about being overpowered. lol

Woooo! Fire and lighting spells everywhere!

I've got the fire covered, btw.

I should mention, Pyro, that Bowie's abilities and skills are in his blood. He's descended from Parmecia's Ancients, a long forgotten people that were quite advanced technologically. I always thought the Ancients were just a not so subtle way of saying the people of Phantasy Star :P

Nothing in his app says he doesn't have offensive fire. He wants to be a guard, so he would know offensive magic. Besides, any fire spell could be considered offensive depending on how you use it. For example, setting a campfire on fire would be basic creation of flames, but that could be considered offensive when used on others.

Thing is, from what I can tell the duties of a guard is to, well.. guard. Shining Armor is captain of the guard because of his ability to create a gigantic DEFENSIVE barrier. Attacking doesn't seem to have come up at all.

Well that's obviously their duty, to guard ponies, but they can't just be defensive. They accomplish nothing if they only use defensive stuff, they need offense to drive the enemy away if not take care of them. And just because he became captain for his shield doesn't mean Shining doesn't know offensive magic. There are ways to use fire defensively, like walls and shields of flame to keep enemies out.

Well, all I'm saying is I have never seen offensive magic used in the show, and if memory serves there's kind of an iffy subject of offensive/attack forms of activity in the WoE RP as a whole (hence the overall absence of items like swords and such).

About offensive magic in the show, Twilight being used like a machine gun by Pinkie during the changeling invasion, I'm pretty sure that would be classified as offensive magic. I get where you're coming from, fire is a dangerous element in general, but I'm not quite sure how you can be fine with a lightning attack, then have a problem with a fire one. I would think lightning would be more dangerous than fire, even if it's not technically a spell being used. (At least that's what I got, that the lightning attack is an innate ability, not a spell.) With fire, you have time, some time at least, to react before anything too bad happens. With lightning, which only lasts a split second, you have absolutely no time to avoid the full brunt of the damage being caused, unless you pre-emptively guard against the lightening of course. I'm sorry, but I don't see how my fire magic is the problem here.

I don't have an issue with fire magic as a general thing - it's the fact that your character is Equestrian in origin and nature, and that isn't a setting known for violent conflict. I even talked to staffers about this, and they all agreed that attack magic in the context of WoE isn't something approved of since it goes against the overall theme and 'feel' of the setting of Equestria.

SilverSwirl's character, Bowie, isn't FROM Equestria, which is why there's a difference in how I'm reacting to it. Bowie comes from a universe where conflict, violence and attack magic is very prevailent - whereas modern-day Equestria is none of those things.

Okay, but it still doesn't seem like a problem, since this isn't a WoE rp. I understand that offensive stuff doesn't fit into WoE, and that's fine, but this is going to have at least some conflict in it, based on the first post. Once again, I see what you mean, but we seem to be arguing a moot point. In the context of this rp, it really doesn't matter how well his magic fits into WoE. And besides, my post that seemed to start this whole thing off didn't say the fire was offensive, it basically just said that fire was being used.

Okay, but it still doesn't seem like a problem, since this isn't a WoE rp. I understand that offensive stuff doesn't fit into WoE, and that's fine, but this is going to have at least some conflict in it, based on the first post. Once again, I see what you mean, but we seem to be arguing a moot point. In the context of this rp, it really doesn't matter how well his magic fits into WoE. And besides, my post that seemed to start this whole thing off didn't say the fire was offensive, it basically just said that fire was being used.

The problem is he wants it as WOE as possible and thinks you are making Pyro Blaze different due to the setting change.

Like Lime said - and like the thread-starting post itself states - I'm aiming to make this as faithful to both settings as possible. *Shrugs* Offense-based pyro magic not being one of those things you see everyday ponies in Equestria slinging about. Not to mention I'm kind of hoping for things to not turn into an all-out action movie fight scene, where characters rush from one fight to the next.

Archived