Playing in the Snow (Open to Fillies and Colts)

Lux

A light snow was falling in the skies of Ponyville as a blue Pegasus broke through the grey clouds. As she came closer to the town, she could see several ponies enjoying the Hearth's Warming festivities. She was glad that there were others that liked winter perhaps as much as her. Her hope was that she could find some ponies her age who were having fun hen she reached her destination.

Snow Dancer reached the park in town, causing a blast of snow to fly into the air. She then had an idea for a song that she decided now was a perfect for this place.

"Let it snow, let it snow

I just want you all to know

Let it snow, let it snow

I want to see it with the wind blow

I just want to say

to everypony today

Come and play

The cold doesn't bother me anyway."

Finishing the impromptu song, she waited to see if there would be ponies coming to meet her.

Welcome to my thread. This will be just a fun thread for fillies and colts to play in the snow like sledding, snowball fights, making snowponies, etc. Have fun! (The song Snow Dancer sung was based on Let it Go from Disney's Frozen.

9DmcOs.jpgHaywire

"Ready ur not y'all, HERE I COME!" Haywire shouted from the top of a snow covered hill, The rust colored blank flank filly loved to play in the snow, but loved even MORE to go sledding from the top of high hills in the snow! She decided to back up some before taking a running start at the snow. Positioning her sled at the right place on the hill, Haywire galloped up towards it, timing her leap just right to land on the sled and use her forward momentum to propel the sled she rode like a speeding rocket. The blonde bow wearing filly squealed for joy as Haywire's sled flew down the hill. One thing she didn't anticipate was that her sled was now heading for a snow covered ramp.

"Uh oh!" Haywire neighed as the sled hit the ramp and flew skyward, passing over Snow Dancer before landing in a nearby snowbank with such force, it sent a cloud of scattered snow all around her. Not far from where her sled came to a stop, Haywire was submerged in the snow. Only her back legs and rear were visible as her upper half was buried beneath the snow. Her muffled cries of "HELP ME! I'M STUCK!" were barely audible as the filly's legs flailed in the air.

Pyro had decided to come to Ponyville for a day, to play in the snow. There wasn't much room to do so in Canterlot, so he came here instead. He walked along, enjoying the sights, and soon came upon the park. Entering, he caught sight of a Pegasus singing, and an earth pony that flew past on a sled. He watched the earth filly crash into a snow bank, and immediately recognized the voice that was calling from inside the snow. He couldn't make out any words, but he recognized the sound of the voice just fine.

He pulled Haywire out of the snow with his magic and set her down before greeting her. "Hi, Haywire. Looks like you're having fun." Pyro said to the filly, continuing with, "how've you been since last time we saw each other?"

'Last time' referred to Nightmare Night, where they both fought off changelings at the obstacle course. It was a fun course, until the changelings revealed themselves, of course.

sNUC2FJ.jpg

Over one of the hills of snow came a little dark brown filly. On her head she wore a small festive winter hat, her neck covered by an orange scarf that matched her eyes, and some hoofwarming boots she plodded through the snow.

Bebop's grandparent's needed a lot of convincing from the filly to let her out in the snow, While she had nothing physically wrong with her that made winter any more dangerous than it was for any other foal her granparent's still had a few reservations; what if she got lost or covered in the snow? she wouldn't be able to call for help like anypony else. Bebop made the simple but effective suggestion of a whistle she carried around her neck under her scarf. After her grandparents scrambled the house and gave her a functional whistle she wasted no time and galloped towards the park, hoping to see some other foals she could play with.

Soon she noticed a small blue spot on the horizon in the park, soon it seemed to be a pegasus, hurray! Quickly she took out her notepad and began to scribble down a greeting... only for it to be blasted by the snow that Snow Dancer kicked up upon her landing. The filly stared at the now soaked and unusable notebook and hung her head, it wasn't the notebook her parent's gave her, but this was pretty much the only way she could communicate with anypony now!

"Ready ur not y'all, HERE I COME!"

Bebop's ear perked up as she heard a familiar voice coming from a hill a little ways away, it was her friend Haywire! While she couldn't write down a greeting she could at least gesture a hello to her friend. Galloping over to the rust colored filly she was intent on ... well she wasn't sure what she could do at this point. Before she got the chance though, Haywire's sled hit a ramp and went soaring through the air and the blonde country pony's backside was left sticking out of another hill. Lucky for Haywire it seemed some nice stallion with a mane like fire was helping her out. Making her way over to the two she waved a hoof to the recently freed Haywire and tried to ask if she was okay which went exactly how one would expect it would.

Thinking a moment she looked at the snow and noticed all the tracks, a sly grin spreading across her face she took a twig from a nearby tree and began writing down some words in the snow,"Hi, Haywire! Is this guy a friend of yours?"

Suddenly Snow Dancer heard a loud rushing sound as a filly on a sled sailed over the Pegasus's head. She turned to try and see where she was going when the filly crashed into a snowbank. Snow rushed to try and free the filly but luckily a colt helped her out.

"Thanks for helping her out," the blue filly said to the colt before turning to the filly, "Are you ok? Oh and my name's Snow Dance, but you all can call me Snow if you want. Waat's your names?"

Haywire's screaming and struggling all stopped when the blank flank filly was magically levitated out of the snow and sat gently down.

"Huh?" she asked before landing on her four feet. "Hay! Thanks fer the rescue thar, Pyro! Good ta see ya agin! I'm doin' great, even better since ya fished me outta all that snow! How are you?"

Then Haywire noticed Bebop and read her writing in the snow.

"Howdy Bebop! Yup, Pyro an' I met durin' that thar Changling invasion! Pyro, this here's Bebop! She's a classmate of mine I first met over at Octavia's Music store!"

Looking over at Snow Dancer, Haywire smiled when she realized this was another friendly pony!

"Nice ta meetcha, Snow Dancer! Mah name's Haywire! And these are mah friends Pyro and Bebop! Say, y'all wanna play in the snow? Maybe we could all git together an' make a giant sized snow pony! How about it, friends?"

Pyro smiled at Haywire's thanks. Then she went on to say she was doing fine. "No problem Haywire, what're friends for if they won't save you from snowbanks every once and awhile? Anyways, glad to hear you're doing well. I'm just fine, thanks. Much better now that my stomach stopped hurting." Pyro said after Haywire finished speaking.

Then another filly approached them and wrote in the snow instead of talking. Haywire seemed to know her, introducing her as Bebop. Was Bebop mute? It would certainly fit with Haywire's other friend that he had met, Shadowe. Shadowe was blind, Bebop was mute, next he'd meet a deaf friend of Haywire's. He didn't really mind though, they were still ponies, and, as Shadowe had proven, could operate just fine.

Pyro nodded in greeting to Bebop, not sure what to say. Before he could think of something though, the blue Pegasus approached them, thanking him for helping Haywire before she started checking Haywire. She introduced herself as Snow before asking their names. Haywire spoke right up, introducing all three of them to Snow. He nodded when his name was mentioned, smiling at Snow.

"It's what I do." Pyro said in response to Snow's thanks before turning to Haywire. "A giant sized snowpony? Sounds as good as anything right now." Pyro said, smiling at his friend.

"Nice ta meetcha, Snow Dancer! Mah name's Haywire! And these are mah friends Pyro and Bebop! Say, y'all wanna play in the snow? Maybe we could all git together an' make a giant sized snow pony! How about it, friends?"

Bebop nodded fiercely and began to write out something in the snow again.

"Sounds, great! What should I do? Oh! Maybe Pyro and I can shape the snow and you and Snow Dancer can bring us a whole lot of snow!"

While she was sure with how sloppily she had written that she had gotten her excitement across, bebop still seemed rather excited to be out in the snow playing with her friend Haywire and her friends... who hopefully would become bebop's friends too. She soon looked to the taller colt and gave him a look that seemed to be implying if she was asking if he was up for it.

"Hi Pyro, Haywire and Bebop," Snow said hoping she got the names right as she looked at the three ponies. The one pony that was curious to the blue filly was Bebop who seemed to write rather than speak. She wondered if the pony could even speak. Her attention though was redirected towards the idea of building a snowpony, perhaps the biggest the ponies could ever make.

"Oh I can definitely bring the snow. That's my talent after all. Do we want the pony to be standing up, sitting, or lying down?"

It took a little bit for Pyro to read Bebop's sloppily written message, and she was gazing up at him by the time he finished. He looked down at her and smiled. "Sure, me and Bebop can shape these snow ponies." Pyro said, nodding to the mute filly.

Then Snow spoke up, saying it was her talent to bring snow. He wasn't quite sure what she meant. She obviously wasn't talking about ice spells, being a Pegasus, but she could be talking about getting snow from clouds, which made sense. Her question about the position for the ponies to be in made him think a bit. How did he want them to be?

"I think standing or sitting would be good." Pyro said, putting in his vote.

"Standin' works fer me, let's git started! Quicker we git goin' the faster we'll git it done!" Haywire cheered. "Let's see, Bebop, I like yur idear! You kin shape all the snow when the rest of us brings it to ya! Snow Dancer, I'll bet you kin make it snow a whole lot more. That'd help out a lot! Pyro, you're mighty tall, Bet you could help me push snow over ta Bebop!"

Haywire quickly puts on an Army helmet from her backpack.

"Ok troops, we gotta mission today! A mission ta make the best, biggest and funniest snowpony in all the land! If'n we work together, we kin git this job done fast! Let's do this!"

The eager blank flank filly galloped up the snowbank she had just flew off of with her sled. Stomping on it repeated brought a large chunk of fallen snow down below, snow she hoped to push over to Bebop to shape.

"Ok you want it standing." Snow Dancer said trying to picture the snowpony in her mind. If it was going to be standing up, the filly knew that the legs had to be strong enough to support the rest, like building a snow fort. Thankfully that was the only thing she had to worry about: bring as much snow and shaping the general construction. Bebop seemed to be the artist of the group, willing to turn the snow into a pony.

"Well I can't make more snow," Snow Dancer said to Haywire, wondering how the red filly though that she could magically make snow appear, "I do know where to get some though. Be right back."

The filly then took to the skies and found one of the many grey snow clouds that covered the sky. Plucking it like a giant pillow she brought it lower to the ground so it hovered just above the ponies in the park. She repeated grabbing clouds until she had a small cluster in the park. She knew the weather ponies might not be happy about having a pony move a cloud, but Snow Dancer would put them back when she was done.

"Alright, now watch this," Snow said as she flew up onto the cloud patch. With a few hard jumps on the grey clouds snow began to fall on the ground, slowly accumulating. The filly then glided through the snow, performing a little aerial ballet ans she returned to the ground.

The little filly nodded as the snow was brought to her and the colt beside her by her friend haywire. Bebop wasted no time and she lowered her head, pointing her horn to the pile of snow as it lit up in an orange glow. soon the snow pile became engulfed in her magic and began to take a shape like a large pillar, if they were going to make a truly gigantic snowpony then it's legs had to be pretty tall.

for a moment it looked as if Snow dancer had taken off but she soon returned with a cloud and brought out plenty of snow from which bebop was sure she could make more sturdy legs for their snowpony to stand on. quickly she stuck out a hoof and wrote in the snow hoping the pegasus would see.

"Thanks! You pegasi sure are cool!"

Pyro looked over at Haywire when she said he could help push the snow around. He thought he was helping shape the snow. He supposed one unicorn shaping the snow was enough. Besides, he could probably multitask if it came down to it. He chuckled when Haywire put on a military helmet and began talking to them like they were soldiers. Playing along, Pyro saluted when she had finished.

He went to go find some snow, glancing back in time to see Snow gather clouds over Bebop. Of course she meant her talent was with clouds. That was the most sensible reason anyways. He turned away and went to a snowbank. He kicked at the snowbank until it collapsed, crumbling into pieces. He picked up several of the biggest pieces with his magic and carried them over to Bebop.

He looked down at what she had written now, and nodded in agreement. Pegusi were pretty cool. Then he placed the pieces down, careful not to cover Bebop's writing, in case Snow hadn't seen it yet.

Haywire was happy all of her friends were working to help build a huge snowpony. Still wearing her Army helmet, the blank flank mare took a small licorice stick from her backpack, put it to her mouth and proudly proclaimed:

"I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TAGETHER!"

Eager to help out, Haywire spotted another hill of snow nearby and jumped down towards it. Unfortunately for the blonde mare, the 'hill' turned out to be a snow covered haystack and the force of her descent caused the haystack to 'explode' with plumes of golden hay now flying in all directions.

"Uh oh," Haywire said as she noticed the near 'snowstorm' of hay she had caused. "Er, surry everypony, I was only tryin' ta help...."

Archived