Spotted an animation error

hi hi

Having done work in news and video games, I can safely say that deadline pressure is a very reasonable explanation for these kinds of errors. Of course that's not to say that it is the reason, but when deadlines start to loom, people start to rush, they put in extra hours, they get tired.

Other reasonable causes would be an animator acting out of spite because of poor working conditions, bad pay, etc.

Rarity's outfits for the girls include

Shoes for all four feet on Fluttershy, Twilight, and Pinkie Pie's outfits.

Shoes on only two feet on Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Applejack's.

But during the opener, when they're walking towards the camera, Twilight's missing the shoes on her hind feet! (Fluttershy's seem to vanish now and again at later points in the episode, too.)

BestNightLineup.jpg

Don't you think that some of the errors are really easter eggs in the show, though? Like maybe inside jokes among the animators?

Don't you think that some of the errors are really easter eggs in the show, though? Like maybe inside jokes among the animators?

Nope. Many of these are either simply composition errors or art errors. An easter egg would be something like Derpy, or Celestia in a window, or something that's not normally noticeable unless you frame-by-frame a specific scene.

This isn't an error, but I don't think it's worth creating a new topic.

rainbowdistant.png

This was one or two frames before the time the sonicrainboom took place. It amazes me that the animators put so much little known detail in it, but then make 'mistakes' like mr. cyclops pony up there.

During the Rarity sequence in the Pony Pokie song:

-Between shots Rarity's tiara goes from sitting neatly on her head level with her ears (front on shots) to floating halfway up her horn (side on shots) and back.

-Said tiara then vanishes for a moment but reappears when Rarity gets angry with Blueblood.

WhatIsThis.jpg?1304916663

in fact, i dont even...

What the hell is that? XD

I believe it is a Flash "tween" error, where they turned part of his face in animation but forgot to set that same turn in the other layers for the rest of it (such as the eye , hair, etc).