Spotted an animation error

Now, that should be expected of the other five ponies, however, Twilight Sparkle has read about the legend and should have already known that Nightmare Moon/Princess Luna was Princess Celestia's sister.

Devil's advocate: Maybe it wasn't a recorded fact?

Now, that should be expected of the other five ponies, however, Twilight Sparkle has read about the legend and should have already known that Nightmare Moon/Princess Luna was Princess Celestia's sister.

But the story faded out with Twilight reading it. So one would assume that what the watcher is told about the story is exactly what Twilight is also reading at that moment.

Or more obviously, Twilight was so wrapped up in the whole evil-deity-returning-to-bring-hell-on-Earth revelation to pick up on the relationship between Celestia and Nightmare.

Or more obviously, Twilight was so wrapped up in the whole evil-deity-returning-to-bring-hell-on-Earth revelation to pick up on the relationship between Celestia and Nightmare.

I don't think they knew that Luna was Celestia's Sister, I think it was Nightmare Moon, but they had no idea that she wasn't Nightmare Moon to begin with, there was no mention of Luna's name beforehand if I recall.

This is more of a line error rather than an animation error.

So, remember in episode 1 when Twilight was reading the story about the legend of Nightmare Moon? It distinctly mentioned, "...There were two regal SISTERS..."

Now, when Nightmare Moon is defeated in episode 2, she reverts back to Princess Luna. When Celestia mentions that Luna is her sister, the other ponies (specifically Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash are shown) are surprised. Now, that should be expected of the other five ponies, however, Twilight Sparkle has read about the legend and should have already known that Nightmare Moon/Princess Luna was Princess Celestia's sister.

I agree somewhat with some of the recent responses in this thread. It was never established that Twilight knew who the sisters were. She knows Celestia, obviously, but maybe she never understood that Celestia was the one 'maintaining balance for generations since.' 'Generations since,' could give the reader the fallacy that the sun and moon were raised by different characters throughout time.

It still doesn't explain why Twilight wouldn't develop this knowledge further, but then again, we haven't seen Luna since Episode 2 either.

15405-everyponyLyra.png?1312666524
That one was probably done on purpose. You can see Lyra in several scenes of that episode on clouds and she's a pretty commonly used background pony for funny/unusual events.

Here's one that was REALLY hard to catch.

screencap15.png

In this scene, the blue and purple flagpoles are behind the roof. Here, let's take a closer look...

screencap16.png

See them?

Now here's the thing, on the very next scene, this happens:

screencap17.png

The blue and purple flagpoles moved to the front! Why did this happen? I dunno, but it makes you think just how many random inconspicuous background mistakes there are.

How in Luna's name do you find these errors XD

Frame-by-frame analysis. Also, since I made the My Little Bloopers series on youtube, users commonly help me find some mistakes I haven't listed yet.

The final season 1 blooper video is coming soon by the way. I'm currently editing the last few episodes' mistakes in.

How in Luna's name do you find these errors XD

Frame-by-frame analysis. Also, since I made the My Little Bloopers series on youtube, users commonly help me find some mistakes I haven't listed yet.

The final season 1 blooper video is coming soon by the way. I'm currently editing the last few episodes' mistakes in.

F--K YES I've been waiting for this forever!!!!!

I need to clarify something: when I said that the final Blooper video is almost finished, I meant on a technical level: its presentation is still not done, and will take a few days to work out. The biggest issue I have right now is finding multiple music themes, because the run-time of this video is 1 hour 7 minutes, meaning I will need about 10 different musical themes - possibly even more.

I also need to work on multiple drawings for it. That being said, I'm still shooting for a late-August release.

While I'm at it, here is another mistake that I just found out:

screencap20.png

Sweetie Belle's helmet, and probably Applebloom's too, is missing its straps.

HER HORN IS GOING THROUGH THE HELMET!

1 hour 7 minutes

WHAT IN THE FLYING--- .... :!::!::!::!:

over 3 episode lengths worth of mistakes? Good god.

And you analyze pont episodes frame by frame???

I'm sorry, but the max number of internets you can win is one.

screencap20.png

I always found interesting that Sweetie Belle wore a helmet that didn't accommodate her horn but they just ignored that rather than customize the helmet to deal with the fact she has one. I know they are rather large, but that pic shows normally her horn would go through it.

Okay, so I'm finally finished* with My Little Bloopers: Mistakes are Forever! Season 1. I had to compromise a few things, but that's pretty normal since I tend to aim much higher than I can when tackling a large-scale project.

Video length: 1 hour 14 minutes

*Still need to do a test run, so it might take another day before it gets posted.

Some tidbits:

The credits are 4 minutes long. That's longer than each of the first 3 blooper videos.

Owl's Well That Ends Well has only one major animation mistake (The other is actually a fix of the previous episodes), making it the least flawed episode by FAR. It probably has a lot of minor mistakes, but I don't count those since the video would then be 3 hours long.

Nearly all of Eurobeat Brony's song remixes were used. The only one I know I haven't used is the opening remix.

Also, some of his songs had to be manually looped so that they could last long enough for the episode(s) they are supposed to represent.

Applejack loses her freckles at least 50 times, including on her technical first appearance.

Rainbow Dash is a blank flank at least 12 times. Pinkie Pie and Twilight about 5-6 times each. The others only have one or 2 instances of blank flank syndrome.

Before this, a blooper video would only take me 3 days of work to get done. This one took me 2 months.

Besides the ridiculous amount of work, this is primarily because for previous videos I would just check various sites for animation errors and then add them in with little observation. But here I thought that would be unreliable, since not all listed mistakes were actually mistakes (like some instances of "Blank Flank" were actually inner thigh shots, which makes sense), so I did a complete frame analysis for every episode. Which took me 1 month on its own. Add in the time stamps - 2 weeks. Jokes - another 2 weeks.

Episode 7 has the single most infuriating set of mistakes ever: the disappearing saddlebags. In other episodes, saddlebags have the same problem, but they only appear for a short amount of time usually.

But not in Dragonshy, oh no, they appear near the beginning and are supposed to last until the very end.

Their consistency was all over the place. Sometimes they would all appear, sometimes none of them appear, and then some of them appear while the others don't. I had to isolate an entire section for this absolute mess, and it was ridiculously boring to handle, since if I tried to add jokes it would take 3 times the normal amount of time to work on it.

What's worse, though, is that at some point Rarity puts on a scarf. It obviously disappears a few scenes after...except here's the thing: At some point, on a 1-second scene, the scarf re-appears. NO REASON AT ALL FOR IT TO REAPPEAR, BUT IT DOES. THIS IS THE ONLY INSTANCE IT REAPPEARS, WHICH BOGGLES MY MIND BECAUSE IT IMPLIES THAT THE SCARF WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN EVERY. SINGLE. OTHER. SCENE. BEFORE. AND. AFTER. IT.

Except it's not. Good Celestia, what where they thinking?!?

One last thing, filesize is 6.34 gigs. That's 15 times the amount of a 1080p episode.

Video length: 1 hour 14 minutes

One last thing, filesize is 6.34 gigs. That's 15 times the amount of a 1080p episode.

O_O

*whimper*

Well, uh, grats on getting it done? XD

I won't be watching it I'm afraid. I never notice these types of errors until they are pointed out to me, and then I see them every time. I still notice Cyclops Blues each time I watch Best Night Ever, and that bugs me.

But yeah, kudos to you. Over an hour of bloopers. S'gotta be some kinda record XD

I actually have trouble when exporting a movie, because some sounds get completely desynched. It's a problem when a video is as long as this, because if it screws up I have to wait another x hours before getting a new export and hope "that" one isn't gonna screw up.

I can alleviate this by silencing staggered tracks, but in some cases I need that sound, so this isn't always an option.

There is a similar problem with the animators' official program, Flash 8, where while exporting some layers will glitch out or be delayed.

This might be what happened to Blues. :|

Also, on the subject of "cannot unsee", I've done so many animation errors that they don't affect me very much when I watch the show leisurely, with 2 exceptions.

Oh yeah, remember when I said "7 hours"? I think it's closer to 9 hours. If 1.1 turns out good, I'll have the video up at 3:00am EST...

Maybe.