Equestria Divided Rp (Check OCC for Signups)

Shadowbolt0

Sky raised an eyebrow and gave the pony an appraising look. " Hmm, well then. Looks like I'll have to change that at some point in the future, because you look and sound like far too much fun for us to not do the nasty. " She sat down and gave the pony a lopsided smile. " I'm Skyfire. One of Lightnings Finest, and, according to the mare herself, the best one she has..." She let out a small laugh and gestured to the air around her. " Well, had, as of right now, since I'm not still fighting and have no idea where we are. And who might you be? "

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky raised an eyebrow and gave the pony an appraising look. " Hmm, well then. Looks like I'll have to change that at some point in the future, because you look and sound like far too much fun for us to not do the nasty. " She sat down and gave the pony a lopsided smile. " I'm Skyfire. One of Lightnings Finest, and, according to the mare herself, the best one she has..." She let out a small laugh and gestured to the air around her. " Well, had, as of right now, since I'm not still fighting and have no idea where we are. And who might you be? "

"Oh my, quite the prestigious title and to have receive compliments from the mare herself you must be quite brutal on the battlefield... I find myself drawn to you more with each second," the mare joked.

"Me? I'm Phantasma, just a humble performer in a traveling jester group from Baltimare." Despite her injuries, Phantasma was capable of balancing on one back hoof and performing a back bend without straining her body. She didn't even try to protect her modesty and for a brief moment, she was fully exposed to Skyfire. That moment soon ended when she proceeded to balance herself upside down on a single fore hoof. Before showing easing herself back to all fours. She was mindful of her injured leg as she came down.

"And as for where we are, I figure we won't know until someone comes down here. What I can tell you is that we're moving, and not on solid ground."

Midnight felt a pounding in her head, and gasped at the pain. She was normally never in charge of their body, after all, Noctrina was more confident and a fighter, while she couldn't fight. Still, the fact she was scared her. All she could remember was the spear, and shifting Noctrina's pain to her to protect her only friend. After that, just back.

Midnight tried to talk to her, calling out in her mind but nothing, there was no reply, Noctrina had vanished, serving to scare Midnight more. She was truly on her own, even temporarily.

That's when she felt something poking at her, and a pony speaking to her to get up. The mare quickly moved, her bat wings flaring out and flapping, and failing to move her, but she was on her hooves and looked over at the unicorn that had awoken her. Her eyes both still visible, her left eye an almost glowing blue, while her red looked almost like a dormant ruby.

The second her left forleg touched the ground to hold her, she cried out in pain and fell to the ground, clutching it. It clicked in her mind, the spear! It had hit her shoulder, and must still be injured. She looked up at the unicorn, and moving away from him out of fear. She'd watched Noctrina murder pony after pony, the things she did to them flashed in her eyes, and naked fear in her eyes that this unicorn might do it to her!

"Please...d-don't kill me.." she said, it coming out almost as a whisper, probably not audible for the unicorn in her cell. She'd never fought in her life with Noctrina, Noctrina did everything, she was mind over matter, and in a cell with a unicorn that was surely an enemy, a Moon and Star warrior, she was as good as dead.

Introductions broke down before they even began. This pegasi wasn't one of their own, not only had he never seen her before, but she was much too timid and fearful to be a fighter for Moon and Star, heck for house. Luckily Eclipse knew how to handle this. Many of the newer slaves were like this when they first were captured. His skill at calming ponies was a bit of a double edged sword, he used it for terrible things, but the skill itself was a great one to have. It also let him shed his soldier persona and be his true self.

The stallion began quietly humming a slow, disarming tune as he slowly walked closer to the mare. Like back in Canterlot, she was in a cage and there was only so far she could retreat to and she'd reached that point. She said something, but it was too quiet for him to hear. Gently, Eclipse brushed some of her mane to the side, revealing her blue eye to him. He could feel the fear and confusion in her. The stallion continued in a fatherly, supportive tone. "I'm not here to hurt you. My name is Eclipse, what you go by?"

Midnight's ear flicked, she could hear something. It sounded like humming, and she quickly linked it to the unicorn in front of her. She kept backing away slowly, she wanted to get away from him! But she felt her wings bump into something, and she realized that in a small cell, there was only so far you could run.

When he leaned it, she flinched, expecting him to wring her neck or do something brutal to her, but instead, the quivering mare felt what was left of her mane move out of her eyes.

She looked at him with her mis-matched eyes, she didn't understand. She was his enemy, and Noctrina had never even considered showing an ally anything, why was he being kind to me?

When he finally spoke to to her, she froze. Maybe he wasn't going to? After all, if he was, he'd of done it before.

"I'm....M-midnight....a-and, thank you" she said, it was still quiet, but she was sure he'd hear her because they were still close. Regardless of what he said, she still was against the wall, and there was still fear active in her eyes.

Accipiter was glad that his ruse was working. Act like his superior officer, be seen as his superior officer. It was enough to have him on board for the meantime. He mentioned caves... had Moon and Star had a secondary plan involving underground? That didn't seem their style, then again they had lost the same siege many times, maybe it was their attempt at a fresh approach. He had to seem aware of the plan though, couldn't be an officer with no idea of what they were doing. Accipiter strode closer to the pony, now comfortable in his security. "And that's all you remember?" he asked, clearly irritated. He mumbled something under his breath before speaking out loud again. "I wasn't with Obsidian when I was captured. I have no idea if he made it or not."

Accipiter paced back to the other side of the cell again, right up to the wall, before sighing and turning around. "Griffons. It was the griffons that grabbed us. Remember them?" Accipiter growled, hoping to stir some response from the shocked private. "The second they had a chance. You as clueless about this all as I am then?" Accipiter waited for a response before sighing loudly again. "We're stuck here, detained by Rainbow knows who with little chance of escape. It makes sense to keep me alive if they're interrogating, but why a private? Why you? Something is up here, private. Can I count on you?" Accipiter asked, staring at Shadles to watch his reaction.

Shadles felt slightly ashammed. Obviously the pony in front of him knew what he was talking about, he must have been Obsidians second in command, yet Shadles couldn't tell him what happened.

"I remember the captain asked me to check on the Griffon's, i didn't trust them. Sergeant Topaz said i was wrong, but i was right! The Griffons did this..S-sir, but..that means.." The private froze, as his mind had put together something terrifying. If it was Griffons, they worked for 2 forces. Whitegold...and.

"Stormwing! They must have us, i mean, what other force has Griffons at their disposal? And...if Stormwing have us.." The unicorn shivered, the thought of being captured by Stormwing, he'd heard the rumors of what they did to prisoners, and it scared him more then anything.

Shadles was about to say he could rely on him, before he froze. Something that had been said he caught as strange. The officer had said 'Rainbow knows who'. The only logical explaination to that would be....

The private back up instantly , pressed hard against the wall. He was in a Stormwing Cell, with a Stormwing Pegasus! "S-stay back from me! Stormwing..Monster!" He had no idea if the pegasus would attack him, but fear clouded his judgement, his movement, and nothing is clear when a shadow of fear enters your mind.

Accipiter had the private, he was speaking as comfortably to him as if he was his own officer. Names were dropped he didn't recognise, but what was most interesting was how he spoke of griffons. Maybe he had penned this pony wrong, maybe he was Whitegold. Like the griffons. If they were on the battlefield he didn't... wait, those caves he mentioned. Troops in the caves, maybe Whitegold were present, just... underground. They brought the griffons to the battlefield, but then why would they capture their own forces? The private's line of thought was remarkably similar to Accipiters, maybe he was more of a bright spark than he seemed, not that it mattered, he would serve his officer regardless. There was nothing he could say to lessen his suspicions of Stormwing without implicating himself, so Accipiter just nodded.

Shadles suddenly tensed up, and Accipiter instantly looked around for a source, before realising he was staring at him. What had he said? Was it a sudden burst of memory? Whatever it was, Shadles was clearly spooked. Then he spoke. He knew the truth. Accipiter had given it away, somehow. He reflexively went for a sword that wasn't there, before settling on scowling at Shadles. "I wouldn't call me a monster if I were you, Private. There are worse monsters in Stormwing," he growled as he slowly strode forward. "I'm Commandant Accipiter, so I'm still your superior, colt." He grew ever so closer as he spoke, before stopping inches from Shadles, and placing a hoof on his chest to still him and he glared directly into his eyes. "Now I want you to listen to me. You know of Stormwing's reputation. You know that I could kill you right now... but I'm not, so you know I have something to say. Those griffons are not working for Stormwing. I am as much a prisoner here as you. Now, carry on with your story, the griffons worked for you. What happened? Why are we here?"

Skyfire raised an eyebrow and gazed appreciatively upon Phantasma's flower as it was flaunted for her viewing pleasure. She also was rather impressed that the mare could bend in such a way, even while injured. She hummed once the mare spoke of the fact that they were moving. Skyfire flared her wings out in the small space and smirked. " Yeah, I felt that. So...seems like you not only perform tricks, but also give out treats...quite a talent. "

Midnight's ear flicked, she could hear something. It sounded like humming, and she quickly linked it to the unicorn in front of her. She kept backing away slowly, she wanted to get away from him! But she felt her wings bump into something, and she realized that in a small cell, there was only so far you could run.

When he leaned it, she flinched, expecting him to wring her neck or do something brutal to her, but instead, the quivering mare felt what was left of her mane move out of her eyes.

She looked at him with her mis-matched eyes, she didn't understand. She was his enemy, and Noctrina had never even considered showing an ally anything, why was he being kind to me?

When he finally spoke to to her, she froze. Maybe he wasn't going to? After all, if he was, he'd of done it before.

"I'm....M-midnight....a-and, thank you" she said, it was still quiet, but she was sure he'd hear her because they were still close. Regardless of what he said, she still was against the wall, and there was still fear active in her eyes.

Eclipse sat a comfortable distance away from the terrified mare. His ears twitched at the sound of her voice, she was still afraid of him, but at least she wasn't mortified anymore. "It's quite the fitting name. Reminds me of a strong mare as well. A mare who I looked up to." The spoke softly as if he were trying to motivate. He looked at her his injuries, then to hers; they were not in good shape.

"That mare would tell me to make friends whenever I can. She would say that having friends can help you power through any trail. Right now, we are hurt, and confused... I can safely say that I've never needed a friend more than I do now. Would you be willing to be that friend? Can we help each other through whatever situation we've found ourself in," He asked with a smile as he reached a hoof out to greet her.

It was all true. Without his shield and Illcaster's sword he felt naked. It would be different if he knew where they were, but the stallion didn't even know where he was.

Skyfire raised an eyebrow and gazed appreciatively upon Phantasma's flower as it was flaunted for her viewing pleasure. She also was rather impressed that the mare could bend in such a way, even while injured. She hummed once the mare spoke of the fact that they were moving. Skyfire flared her wings out in the small space and smirked. " Yeah, I felt that. So...seems like you not only perform tricks, but also give out treats...quite a talent. "

"At times, but only if the audience has earned them." Phantasma rewarded Skyfire with a scandalous grin, her amber eyes burning with lust.

In her mind, Phantasma was cackling like a mad mare. Ahhh... It's so refreshing to meat a gullible little piece of meat. I wonder how long I can play with this one? Foolish little mare is letting her tulips think for her. I'll wrap her around my hooves and have a living marionette to use whenever I need; be my needs a shield to take blades or a doll to satisfy my carnal desires.

Shadles shivered in his corner, looking up at the Stormwing 'Commandant' before he realized something that he'd said that was true. It wasn't Stormwing capturing them, and it wasn't Whitegold. But that didn't leave any of the houses under suspicion. To the unicorn, it didn't seem that bad, and maybe the pegasus would help him escape. It was worth a shot

"My Captain ordered me to look at them, over them..to see if they were planning anything...then, i saw it. Bodies, at least twenty, slaughtered. Then.." the unicorn lightly held his head, trying to recall what happened after that.

"I don't remember...W-what happened to you?"

Shadles knew he'd be a fool to trust the Pegasus, but he was the only possible ally in sight, meaning he needed the Commandant, even if temporarily before he found Obsidian.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Midnight looked up at the Unicorn, shocked. He wanted to be her...friend? Midnight honestly had no idea if this was a ploy to get information out of her, or if he was being serious. Before she realized something, that could be considered sad. She'd never had a friend.

All her life that she could remember, she'd been with Noctrina, stuck inside her mind, watching the mare slaughter and butcher pony after pony. Most Stormwing feared Noctrina, and unaware that Midnight even exsisted, feared her too. Leaving her with just Noctrina for company, 20 years of it. Noctrina had, despite being as brash as she was, supported Midnight, protected her, almost like a big sister. Almost

She looked into his eyes, and she couldn't see any sign of deception, though she wasn't too sure what she was meant to be looking for. Still, despite knowing that Noctrina would try kill the Unicorn, and that they'd eventually meet and he'd see her as what she truly was. A murderious abomination, that was the mind of 2 ponies pushed into a single body. But until then, maybe it was worth a try.

"Us...F-friends?" she questioned, and flintched away from his hoof as he offered it to her, before looking back at him. If she was going to die, why should she die alone?

Midnight slowly, with her right hoof, and taking Eclipse's hoof. "Ok..I-i trust you..." she said, probably for the first time in her life, there was a pony other then Noctrina who'd look after her. Noctrina!? For a moment, she feared how she'd explain what happened, but that was for another time.

"So, umm, Eclipse, w-what happened to you?" She asked, taking a look at his injuries. They didn't seem to bad, though she couldn't tell how bad they truly were from a distance.

Accipiter could see he had managed to shock Shadles into paying attention, but he kept on his scowl for show. The private hastily responded, but what he said was not what Accipiter wanted to hear. The Whitegolder definitely made a show of looking like he couldn't remember. What little he said at least confirmed that Whitegold were present in force, and the griffons definitely weren't working for them, especially if an officer asked him to check on them... but why was he still alive? Why Accipiter? He gave answers, but not to the questions Accipiter wanted to know. The pegasus brought his hoof up from Shadle's chest, and up to his throat, applying just enough pressure to make a point. "I hope for your sake you're telling me everything," he growled through gritted teeth before pulling his hoof back to the ground and taking a step backwards.

The Commandant kept his eyes fixed on the private as he walked back to the other side of the cell. Once he established he wasn't going to react violently, Accipiter was confident his show of force had established him as top dog, now he could respond to the private's questions to establish some semblance of trust. "I was there with a Stormwing assault force, hoping to take New Ponyville while Moon and Star, and Earthborn bloodied each other. My guard and I were ambushed by griffons. We fought valiantly, but one of them got in a cheap shot and I was out like a light. All I know is that griffons wearing Whitegold uniforms were behind this," Accipiter said slowly, pacing left and right as he said it, before stopping and staring at Shadles again. "Now, private, you may be Whitegold, and I may be Stormwing, but that doesn't matter. I am an officer, you are a grunt. Follow my orders, and just maybe you'll make it out of here alive. I intend to."

Eclipse smiled at the mare, glad that she came out of her shell a little and accepted his friendship. It felt good to have the peaceful option work for once and everything not devolve into senseless killing. Luna preached martial prowess, but the alicorn also stood by the idea that being good at fight had the sole purpose of ending a fight quicker and with fewer injuries. In that vain she preached the value of understand and told her guards that many conflicts could be sorted out without anypony being harmed, something long forgotten with Equestria under the control of the Element of Harmony mares.

Smiling at her concern over his injuries Eclipse moved a little closer to her so that she could see him better. "This war happened," he said sadly. Sighing, he shook his head and turned his attention back to Midnight. "I'm more concerned about you. You don't seem like a fighter, do you remember what happened to you."

Soul forced himself to his hooves, concentrating hard to simply teleport just outside of their cell...but to no avail. His horn fizzled out.

"Sorry, mate. Out of mana, yeah? Can't exactly do much without that in me. *******s took everything from me."

The unicorn felt his head as it ached as his concussion battered his head, causing his vision to blur a little.

"So, what's your story then? How'd you end up here...wherever 'here' is?"

He laughed a bit as the other unicorn got his bearings, "Take your time friend, I'm still nursing a nasty head wound myself." He looked around the cage a little more, not much useful in the immediate area. "Me? Name is Pitch Black, smuggler...not that it matters much now."

" Oh really? And what might this 'audience' need to do to earn such 'treats', hmm? " Skyfire gave Phantasma a sultry look. She knew now probably wasn't the best time to fool around, but since they were pretty much trapped in here she might as well try to have some fun to pass the time.

A broad tongue licked her lips as she stared half lidded at the pegasus across from her. Skyfire moved fast, but Phantasma was determined to keep up her frisky cellmate. Phantasma didn't care that somepony might walk in and catch them. Hopefully they'll either be shocked by the sensory overload, or it will be a particularly lucky feeling stallion who thought that he'd be able to get in on the action.

The acrobatic mare stalked up the Skyfire, wincing a few times from her injuries, and licked her on the her on the nose. Skyfire had quite the pleasing flavor. Phantasma would enjoy her greatly. "If you enjoyed my demonstration... then you've earned your treat."

Sky gave Phantasma a seductive look. " Oh, I assure you, your demonstration was very much appreciated. " She let her tongue roll out of her mouth and drew it across the mars lips, over her nose, along the top of her muzzle, and over one eye, then she nuzzled the mare's neck and let out a sultry growl into her ear. " I'd like that treat now if you don't mind. "

Shadles was no happy, at all. Sure, he may be new to the concept of battle and the Pegasus might have been a Commandant, whatever that rank was, but he the way he was treating him, the unicorn wanted to try kill him right then and there. But Shadles knew he'd stand no chance in close range against a Pegasus.

Shadles paused, almost to be considering Accipter's offer. The offer seemed fairish, Accipiter would do all the hard work and, if Obsidian was a prisoner too, he'd hopefully find him and could leave the Pegasus to his death.

"Fine, we'll work together. Though, if it's not Stormwing holding us, and not Whitegold. Who will it be? I highly doubt it's Earthborn given that Griffons attacked. Can't be house Everfree, too co-ordinated for a pack of savages. Might be Moon and Star, though again, they were battling it out so why capture us?" That's when the private paused, sure, being captured by Stormwing was bad. But, the only remaining possibility was more terrifying then he'd imagined. Only Rumor's exsisted about what happened to prisoners, even then, no pony had ever escaped alive from them.

He looked straight at Accipter, and realized that his only hope to escape them was the pegasus "It's them then, isn't it...T-the..cult" he said fearfully, and rightly so. The cult was famous for it's acts of terrorism, with no real goal other then to kill.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Midnight looked over the Unicorn's injuries, they looked bad, even poorly bandaged up. She looked at the one across his stomach, and seeing it was poorly wrapped. It would stop it from being infected, but it wouldn't properly heal. She looked at the bandage on her shoulder, and an idea came to her mind. Sure, she doubted Eclipse would approve, but she would at least try it.

She moved forwards a bit, pointing at the bandage on his stomach "Can I? It's poorly wrapped, and well, i might be able to fix it slightly" she wanted to make Eclipse trust her, because of his question about her. What he said was true, she wasn't a fighter, and she figured he thought her a slave warrior of Moon and Star. Not a feared Stormwing warrior. But that came the question to her mind.

Would she lie, play along the story Eclipse had accidentally set up for her, or would she tell him the truth? The truth might get her killed, but showed she trusted him. The lie would keep her safe, but questions would rise if she was called out by another Stormwing that might on another prisoner.

She sighed, for Eclipse, the only pony other then Noctrina who could be called a friend, she really didn't have a choice.

​"I'm...well, i was in the mountain overlooking the battle..I was, well, watching the battle and the strategist's used by Earthborn and Moon Star, seeing the weakness's in them...for...ummm, Stormwing. Basically, i'm a strategics officer for House Stormwing" Midnight visibly flinched, almost expecting Eclipse to lash out at her.

"Hagane Soul. Assassin." The unicorn muttered curtly, his ear twitching. Were those other voices nearby?

"I think I can hear other quarry- uh, ponies nearby. Guess I'll go rattle the cell door a little."

The unicorn trotted up to the celldoor and knocked on it. "Hey, anyone else rotting away down here? Can't be just the two of us guys in this hell hole, eh?"

Hagane perked an ear, listening intently for a response.

Accipiter could see that Shadles was taking time to consider it, and that irked him. He had done his utmost to exert his will, short of actual physical beating. Beating was likely to just feed the fires of hatred and earn him a knife in the back later on. The private eventually did agree though, earning a smile from Accipiter. "Excellent," he said briefly as he trotted closer again, just as the private started to speculate. Accipiter had gone through all of this before, and scoffed when the private voiced his theory. "The Cult of Laughter doesn't have the resources or the gall. A bunch of unruly pissants that think a little murder and hijinks will change the status quo. I wouldn't even concern myself with them, private. No, the philosophy hasn't even spread to the griffon kingdoms, and as much as they rule your undercity, they don't have the brains or the resources. On that same vein it's not Changelings. This was too organised, and those griffons were quite assuredly griffons. This has to be a less well known faction, possibly even a single individual. Griffons are notorious mercenaries, and somepony was paying them more than Whitegold was to get them to turn coats."

Accipiter was still mulling on who such a mysterious individuals would be when he heard the sound of shouting from the cell opposite. Of course there would be more ponies here. He had deduced that when he was lumped in here with a Whitegolder, the treacherous scum. Who owned the voice was a matter of concern though. It could be anypony from any faction, but, then again, with two sets of iron bars between them, maybe it wasn't really a concern at all. Accipiter stepped closer to the cell door, but remained out of a clear line of sight from as he gestured with a hoof for Shadles to stay where he was. "It would appear not. And which faction do you represent in this most esteemed forum?" he called back over.

Skyfire's ministrations elicited a deep purr from the earth pony. This was going to happen, and Celestia was she ready. "What are you waiting on then? Eat up..." Phantasma wrapped her forelegs around the

-------

"Huh?" Eclipse followed her hoof down to where she was pointing. "I don't know much about first aid, but if you think you can help I trust you to help," he said, sitting down.

The young mare, appeared to be in deep thought about how to answer his question about what she was doing on the battlefield. Eclipse didn't blame her though, many soldiers would instantly kill any member of the other houses if they had the chance. Eclipse liked to think himself better than that, The unicorn judged ponies on their own merits.

Eventually she seemed to come to a decision on what to tell him. And it was a little surprising. Apparently, Midnight was a strategy officer for Stormwing. Stormwing is known for their speed and efficiency and if she had anything to do with their tactics she was quite the battle savant. Still it was just a little difficult to believe. After telling him what he wanted to know Midnight seemed to shrink, flinching away from Eclipse. She already knew what to expect... D*mn this war... it's beaten fear of their fellow pony into the minds of the young.

"You must be quite the thinker then," the unicorn chuckled. "But still, It must be difficult you know? Knowing that on your orders and you plans, ponies march to the possible deaths. I've been fighting for over 15 years and I still don't know how I've managed to wake up and look at myself everyday. For you to be as caring and timid as you are, Nightshade... You're a strong pony, stronger than me." Eclipse gave her a genuine grin.

"So, do I need to lie down for you to fix these bandages?"

Midnight wanted to shake her head, she was much weaker then Eclipse thought her to be. Sure, she often worked to organise pegasi attack formations, but that was after years of Noctrina tearing through ponies on the battlefield, ponies that she had outsmarted and doomed. If only the Unicorn knew the real truth, maybe he'd see her in a different light.

"Sometimes, i want to stop. L-like, knowing the carnage i bring to ponies, it's...it's not easy, but i'm needed. If i gave up, Rainbow would have me killed, and thousands of Pegasi might die. Its a cowards choice, but, i see it as i save Pegasi lives in battle, while the same casualties for the other, i'm saving what lives i can." That was truly the only reason she was still sane, not because of Noctrina, but her only ability to rationalize their work was saving lives in the long run

"But, you..you face the reality of war each day, not knowing if you might die, lose a limb, a horn. That courage, to face them, it's something that many ponies can't do. And 15 years, its..it's a miracle you're as sane as you are, seein..." Midnight stopped herself, she didn't want to go there, for both of them. She didn't want to bring memories up for the unicorn, as well she wanted to avoid thinking about the crimes Noctrina has committed, the things she has done to other ponies.

Going onto the bandages, Midnight nodded. "Yeah, that and if you could close your eyes? It, well, this sounds weird, but it helps me consentrate when i don't have eyes staring at me" She lied, sure, she hated being the center of attention, but that wasn't why. The reason was if she wanted to properly bandage his wound, she'd need to use majority of her own bandage, and she doubted he'd take kinely to her risking her own injury to take longer for his own. But after thousands butchered, and being forced to watch them one by one, the mare wanted to help.

If Noctrina was the devil, a force of evil, pain and destruction, then she would become an angel when she was out, something to heal, restore and protect.

"Saving lives. I guess I'm not the only one who rationalizes what they do with that." Eclipse said as he laid down on the cell floor. The stallion grunted, the movement straining his injury. Now on his side, the unicorn looked up and smiled before closing his eyes.

He chuckled quietly, lowering his head to the floor. "Take good care of me, doc," Eclipse joked.

Midnight was a perfect example of why he hated this war. She was no doubt a smart, talented young mare, but what did she get for it? Commanding soldiers to go die in the field, holding hundreds or thousands of lives in her hoof every other day, causing her choices to eat at her confidence? He had nothing against military professions, he joined of his own volition. What he had a problem with was when ponies not cut out for fighting were forced into it. He'd seen it many times with Moon and Star's slave ponies and he saw it in Midnight. The main thing that set him mind on its current path was the part about Rainbow Dash having her killed if she didn't provide her expertise. It was sickening really, to force Midnight to squander her talents on the battlefield.

"If it's any consolation. I'm sorry that Rainbow Dash is making you do this. Twilight Sparkle and her friends use to be heroes... Now they're just amoral monsters."

"Well, I sure as hell wouldn't call this rat's haven 'esteemed', but I'm from Moon and Star. I imagine you're from Whitegold? You talk like you piss jewels for a living. One might even get the impression that you're doing just that right now, especially since you don't seem inclined to come out from that corner of yours." Soul chuckled, scanning the opposing cell with his crimson orbs.

"No need to be worried, I won't kill you until I've acquired the means of doing a proper job and safely escape from this vessel. Unless you piss me off enough. I might make an exception for that particular occasion."

Archived