Recipe time? Recipe time!

buxy

I absolutely love to cook, but I'm also kind of a dolt in the kitchen. The recipes I favor tend to be the sort with a lot of room for error and improvisation, and also freeze well and make for excellent leftovers. I thought I'd share a few of my favorites, and I'd love to hear some of yours!

Breakfast Pie

You'll need:

Pie crust (homemade or store bought, just make sure it's the roll out kind, not the graham cracker, because ew)

2 cups of shredded cheese (I like either sharp cheddar or a cheddar blend)

4 eggs

1/4 cup milk

1 lb of breakfast sausage (or kielbasa, or italian sausage, or ground beef/turkey, or some combination thereof, so long as it's a pound)

Preheat oven to 350

Lay out the bottom half of the pie crust in your pie tin, and brown the sausage (optional if you've chosen kielbasa or a similar smoked meat). Scramble the eggs in a small bowl, you can either cook them this way, or mix them in as is for a more quichelike texture. Combine the meat, cheese, eggs, and milk in a mixing bowl, and then pour it into the prepared pie crust. Lay the second crust over the top, crimp the edges, and cut a few slits in the top. Bake at 350 for about an hour, checking at 45 minutes. Crust will be a light golden brown when the pie is finished. It can also be baked for a half an hour and frozen to heat (for 30 minutes at 350) for breakfast another day.

Making your own pie crust is easy and has delicious benefits, like mixing a bit of brown sugar and/or shredded cheese in. There's a billion recipes online. This one is also way better as leftovers.

Tater Tot Casserole

I actually stole this one from the Duggars and adapted it a bit to my own taste.

1 lb ground beef

1 can cream of chicken soup (or cream of mushroom if you're boring mcblandpallet)

1 bag of frozen peas

Tater tots

Shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350

Brown the ground beef and drain the fat, and mix it with approximately 1/3-1/2 the can of cream of chicken soup and layer on the bottom of a 9x13 pan (a 9" square pan can also be used for thicker layers). Cover with a layer of frozen peas thick enough to cover the bottom layer. Smooth a layer of cream of chicken soup over the peas, and top with a layer of tater tots and cheese. Bake for an hour at 350. Goes great with sour cream.

So, those are some of my favorite dishes. What are yours?

ah, um, chocolate peanut butter :3

this recipe is good for when you need chocolate, the only chocolate in the house is coco, you've lost all your recipes, the internet is down so you can't look for new recipes, and you don't want to take more than five minutes ._.

ingredients:

1 part coco

1 part icing sugar

as much peanut butter as you feel you need

1) mix the coco and the icing sugar

2) mix in the peanut butter until it gets hard to mix

3) microwave for 30 seconds (to make it easier to mix)

4) mix some more if you need to

5) add more peanut butter then repeat steps 2-4 if it's still powdery OR add more coco and icing sugar if it tastes too peanutty

6) if it firms up while mixing, microwave for another 30s

7) eat ._. or put it on crepes or something

I have better recipes that I might post later, but I'm too lazy to get my recipe box right now XD

I'm more of a baker. I don't have the patience to cook because it's not worth it if there's no chocolate in the end :D

not that this is baking

ah, um, chocolate peanut butter :3

this recipe is good for when you need chocolate, the only chocolate in the house is coco, you've lost all your recipes, the internet is down so you can't look for new recipes, and you don't want to take more than five minutes ._.

ingredients:

1 part coco

1 part icing sugar

as much peanut butter as you feel you need

1) mix the coco and the icing sugar

2) mix in the peanut butter until it gets hard to mix

3) microwave for 30 seconds

4) mix some more if you need to

5) repeat steps 2-4 if it's still powdery OR add more coco and icing sugar if it tastes too peanutty

6) if it firms up while mixing, microwave for another 30s

7) eat ._. or put it on crepes or something

I have better recipes that I might post later, but I'm too lazy to get my recipe box right now XD

I'm more of a baker. I don't have the patience to cook because it's not worth it if there's no chocolate in the end :D

not that this is baking

Holy. Crap. I am doing this asa****ingp. Chocolate and peanut butter are my two favorite things and this seriously sounds like heaven.

I'd like a recipe of AppleJack's cupcakes from Ep. 4.

Pwease? :kissy:

i remember someone actually trying it somewhere, changing the earthworms for gummy worms... seemingly were edible :mad:

edit:

ayyup, just type baked bads on google and the 1st image result is this

Baked_bads.jpg

also lol

tumblr_le7pqlMs3s1qzcld5o1_500.jpg

edit 2:

OBJECTION!!

baked_bads_by_wakabalasha-d3e0p4j.png

Mongoose, your signature coupled with a recipe makes me all sorts of uneasy. :blah:

Have a cookie recipe!

Heart Attack Cookies (I forget what Paula Deen calls them)

1 18.5 oz box of chocolate cake mix (however, I have also used spice cake, yellow cake, and strawberry cake with delicious results, so i guess it's really just any sort of cake mix)

1 brick of cream cheese

1 stick of butter

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

This is easiest to do once they've sat out for a few hours beforehand, but when in need, just pop the cream cheese and butter in the microwave for 10 seconds. You want them soft, but not totally melted. Combine the cream cheese and butter (a stand mixer works best, hand mixer also awesome, if you want to work off all the calories you're about to consume, do it by hand) and blend until smooth, then add the egg and vanilla. Mix in the cake mix, and blend until the lumps are smoothed out. The dough will get very thick, and without a stand mixer it's easiest to just use your hands. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of two hours.

After chilling, use an ice cream scoop to form individual cookies on a lightly (very, very lightly) greased cookie sheet. Press slightly with the back of a large spoon, and then bake at 350 for 10~15 minutes. Baking time can vary greatly depending on how large you've made them, so you should start checking after 10 minutes. Once they've flattened a bit, and the tops are cracked, they're done. They'll be more like brownies than cookies in consistency, and can be topped with powdered sugar, or (once they've fully cooled) frosting.

I'll throw in something i'd seen before.

I actually made a smaller version of this once, and i split it with about four other guys. IT IS DELICIOUS, BUT YOUR HEART WILL SKIP A BEAT. :?:

I can't describe how to make this, but i'll let the image speak for itself.

pizza%20burger%201.jpg

Recipie

So yeah, it's great tasting, but a pain to make. And you need to run a marathon just to make sure your arteries don't clog. :green:

Mongoose, your signature coupled with a recipe makes me all sorts of uneasy. :blah:

Have a cookie recipe!

Heart Attack Cookies (I forget what Paula Deen calls them)

1 18.5 oz box of chocolate cake mix (however, I have also used spice cake, yellow cake, and strawberry cake with delicious results, so i guess it's really just any sort of cake mix)

1 brick of cream cheese

1 stick of butter

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

This is easiest to do once they've sat out for a few hours beforehand, but when in need, just pop the cream cheese and butter in the microwave for 10 seconds. You want them soft, but not totally melted. Combine the cream cheese and butter (a stand mixer works best, hand mixer also awesome, if you want to work off all the calories you're about to consume, do it by hand) and blend until smooth, then add the egg and vanilla. Mix in the cake mix, and blend until the lumps are smoothed out. The dough will get very thick, and without a stand mixer it's easiest to just use your hands. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of two hours.

After chilling, use an ice cream scoop to form individual cookies on a lightly (very, very lightly) greased cookie sheet. Press slightly with the back of a large spoon, and then bake at 350 for 10~15 minutes. Baking time can vary greatly depending on how large you've made them, so you should start checking after 10 minutes. Once they've flattened a bit, and the tops are cracked, they're done. They'll be more like brownies than cookies in consistency, and can be topped with powdered sugar, or (once they've fully cooled) frosting.

lol, I didn't read this all the way through, all I really read was cookies and chocolate cake mix, but this sounds amazing XD

cake in a mug, cake in a mug, lookin' like a fool with your cake in a mug

*reads recipe*

"brownie in a mug"

ah, but that doesn't fit the tune as well D:

and that was the last five seconds of my life

what you need:

mug

microwave

DRY INGREDIENTS:

2tbsp flour

2 tbsp brown sugar

1tbsp cocoa

1/4 tsp baking powder

chocolate chips (optional)

WET INGREDIENTS:

1-1/2 tsp oil

1 tbsp + 1-1/2 tsp water

1/8 tsp vanilla

1) mix dry ingredients

2) add and mix in wet ingredients

3) mix in as much chocolate chips as you'd like (or just leave them on top, that tastes really good to. or stir some in AND leave some on top :lol:)

4) microwave for 45 seconds

5) eat. done.

• 5 weeks later...

I JUST MADE COOKIES :lol: not that I'm going to give you the recipe, because my mom just told me what to do and I forget all the steps XD

next time any of you make s'mores, instead of buying gram crackers and chocolate separate, try to find gram cracker like cookies that have one side coated in chocolate. they're a lot easier to make and the chocolate actually gets melty instead of staying in one hard chunk :D

I'm having a bonfire this weekend and all I can think about is s'mores :kissy: I need to post about it everywhere!

I'm not much of a cook at all, but I do have something I like to make almost every day.

It's..kind of an 'egg drop soup' I guess.

It's just Top Ramen cooked as you normally would, but you also break a couple of eggs into it while it's boiling and either let them poach or stir them around and let them cook that way. Add peas if you want, that's how I like mine. Then, also optional, lots of soy sauce.

It only takes about three to five minutes.

Sorry by advance for the approximate english.

Carrots in their honey and butter sauce

Carrots

Bouillon cube

Honey

Butter

Salt, pepper, garlic, mixed herbs

Peel 5 nice carrots a person, rinse them, cut them in thin slices. Boil them in water for 20 minutes with a bouillon cube (don't add the carrots before the water boils). Taste to check the carrots are tender.

Separate carrots from their juice, put a frying pan on your burner (low/moderate temperature). Put a good amount of butter and a few good spoonfuls of honey in the frying pan and blend until the butter is molten. Taste and adjust until you get the desired balance of butter and honey in your sauce depending on your preferences. Add a couple spoonfuls of the carrot cooking juice in the pan and blend again.

Add the carrots in your pan and let them cook 10 minutes in the sauce. When the sauce seems to dry add a little more of the carrots cooking juice and blend. Taste to be sure you got the desired cooking time (carrots have to melt in mouth), add salt, pepper, garlic, mixed herbs and serve accompanied by grilled salmon or roasted chicken or rice and lard.

Sorry by advance for the approximate english.

Carrots in their honey and butter sauce

Carrots

Bouillon cube

Honey

Butter

Salt, pepper, garlic, mixed herbs

Peel 5 nice carrots a person, rinse them, cut them in thin slices. Boil them in water for 20 minutes with a bouillon cube (don't add the carrots before the water boils). Taste to check the carrots are tender.

Separate carrots from their juice, put a frying pan on your burner (low/moderate temperature). Put a good amount of butter and a few good spoonfuls of honey in the frying pan and blend until the butter is molten. Taste and adjust until you get the desired balance of butter and honey in your sauce depending on your preferences. Add a couple spoonfuls of the carrot cooking juice in the pan and blend again.

Add the carrots in your pan and let them cook 10 minutes in the sauce. When the sauce seems to dry add a little more of the carrots cooking juice and blend. Taste to be sure you got the desired cooking time (carrots have to melt in mouth), add salt, pepper, garlic, mixed herbs and serve accompanied by grilled salmon or roasted chicken or rice and lard.

I ordinarily only like carrots raw, but this sounds absolutely amazing. I definitely have to try this!

Kibble's Soup Spectacular!

Ingredients:

1. Can of your favorite soup. (Chunky Chicken Noodle highly recommended)

2. Bowl

3. Spoon

4. Mrs. Dash Table Blend

5. Cavity Magnetron emitting a frequency of 2.45 GHz (Also known as a microwave)

Preparation

1. Using the provided ring on the top of the can, remove the top. Should the ring come off, use the spoon instead. (Be careful! Sharp edges abound.)

2. Empty the contents into the bowl.

3. Sprinkle on some Mrs. Dash Table Blend.

4. Put the bowl of soup into the Cavity Magnetron, and activate it for 2.5 - 3 minutes.

Granny's Cornbread

One cup of cornmeal.

One half cup, give or take, of self rising flour.

One egg.

As Granny taught me, add buttermilk until it's about the consistency of pancake batter (although I myself prefer a denser bread, so I veer towards a "fresh custard" consistency.")

Rub just a splash of oil into the bottom of the oldest iron skillet you can find and throw in the oven at 500 for about ten minutes or until as brown as you please. Alternatively, bake until lightly golden and turn to broil until outside is as dark as you would otherwise prefer. Flip out onto a pair of crossed case knives on a serving plate to cool.

Serve with any dish which demands sopping.

Not at ALL specific, yes, but I was surprised Granny ever had a recipe to go buy; some things, like her biscuits, she just flat out eyeballs. No measurements whatsoever.

Everyone will make it a little differently, but that's part of it; your cornbread says a lot about you as a cook, y'know. For instance, hers is just a bit crumbly and perfectly browned, perfect for soup and casserole; mine is always a little chewy and a bit buttermilky, good for eating as a side with just a dab of butter; and, my mom's is consistently burned on the bottom. Which I think she likes anyhow. :)

Here's another good one, and is a staple of my college cooking repertoire:

Soda Biscuits!

2c Bisquick mix

1/2 cup sour cream

2/3 cup SODA!

Salt. A tiny bit. Like, half a chef's pinch of it.

Mix everything but the soda until it's just shy of homogeneous. Then, GENTLY pour in the soda and the batter a few times over. Ideally, the soda will keep most of its carbonation until the moment it's mixed in, releasing it into the batter and giving it a unique consistency.

Gingerly dollop it into your favorite Pam-doused muffin tin and bake at 425 until lightly brown. (I tend towards 10-12 minutes)

The awesome thing about this one is that it can be modified to fit any meal with just a few quick changes. For breakfast, use club or orange soda and mix in sausage or egg bits. For a dinner side dish, use a lightly flavored soda and throw in a minced clove or two of garlic and a handful of cheese. For desert, use a dark soda, a spoonful of brown sugar, and top with honey.

Or, you could go for my favorite: Red Bull Biscuits. These things are actually earned me a nickname. xD

Use 3/4 cup of Red Bull, two tablespoons of brown sugar, and bake at 10-15 degrees under the above mentioned to preserve the caffeine. Serve with extra honey. For a truly eye-opening biscuit, crush a caffeine tablet per three muffins into another spoonful of sugar (no more than this, though; they're bitter and, honestly, you don't need -that- much caffeine); serve these during finals week for instant popularity.

Kibble's Soup Spectacular!

Genius! I salute you for coming up with such a great recipe sir!

Mum's Sausage Hotpot:

Ingredients:

Pack of sausages (6-8, depending on how many portions you want)

Potatoes (3-4 large ones) chopped into small chunks

Can of baked beans

Can of chopped tomatoes

An onion, finely chopped

1 heaped tps mustard powder

2 tbs Worcestershire Sauce

1 tbs lemon juice

Olive oil

Fry the sausages and the onion in a little olive oil.

Put a little bit of hot water into the bottom of a large pot, then add the tomatoes, potatoes, sausages, onion, sauce, powder and lemon juice. Mix it all up then cover and leave to simmer for about 30-40 mins until the potatoes are cooked. Add the beans and then leave to simmer for a couple more minutes just to reheat. A nice hot and filling meal :) Serves 3-4 people.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a fantastic recipie for horse cookies, horse treats that taste good to people too, but that vanished off my computer several hard drive crashes ago and my hardcopy was accidentally taken when a roomie moved out several years ago and grabbed her cook books (and some of mine; oops)

Instead, I'll post this recipie that a fine Australian skunkie friend sent me;

YIFF IN A PAN

Base Layer

1 cup crushed peacans

1/2 cup margarine

1 cup flour

3 tbsp. sugar

1 hand-full brown sugar (Optional)

1/2 tsp. vinilla (Optional)

Second Layer

250 gram pkg Cream Cheese

1 small carton of Cool Whip (Option: large container)

2 pure chocolate bars (Optional)

Third Layer

1 small pkg instant pudding, chocolate

1 small pkg instant pudding, vinilla

2 cups of milk (1/2 the milk called for to make the pudding on the pkg's

instructions)

Topping

1 pkg Cool Whip (large or small)

sprinkles

BASE: Mix all base ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Cut until fine.

Press into a large pan. Bake 20 mins (approx.) at 350F. Chill after baking.

2nd LAYER: If using chocolate, melt chocolate on low heat on stove top.

Soften cream cheese. Mix in cool whip and chocolate (if used) until totally

blended. Spread on top of base layer.

3rd LAYER: Make the pudding using ONE CUP of milk for each pkg of pudding.

Spead over 2nd layer.

TOPPING: Spread Cool Whip over 3rd layer and garnish with anything you like.

(I recommend sprinkles.)

Keep chilled. Enjoy.

Careful, this is as addictive as if Pinkie Pie herself made it... :smirk:

(P.S)

Ah, I decided to see if I could replace the recipie with a quick search while typing this post and found this page. Most of these sound human friendly.

http://www.frontrangefrenzy.com/horse-treats/