Favorite Episode: Round 1, Poll 2

Of the episodes listed below, which are your favorites? Choose up to THREE.  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Of the episodes listed below, which are your favorites? Choose up to THREE.

• Party Of One
    • Suited For Success
    • The Show Stoppers
    • Fall Weather Friends
    • A Bird in the Hoof
    • Boast Busters
    • Friendship is Magic: Part 2

This post is part of a multi-post polling bracket, the full details of which are here: http://www.canterlot.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2021&p=25724#p25724

Voting for round 1 is just, so it's on to round 2!

Pick up to three favorites. You may change your votes as many times as you wish, but polling will close 5 days after this posting, after which your votes are all locked in.

Links to episode videos here: http://www.canterlot.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1870

Suited for Success is an all time favorite of mine. The episode that made me really fall in love with Rarity.

Friendship is Magic Part 2 was my second choice. It just really goes a long way in defining the characters. And it has Luna.

Suited for Success is an all time favorite of mine. The episode that made me really fall in love with Rarity.

Friendship is Magic Part 2 was my second choice. It just really goes a long way in defining the characters. And it has Luna.

My favorite is surely Party of One, with Suited for Success probably my third favorite, give or take a place. Suited, it seems, made a lot of people fans of Rarity.

Party of One is one of my favorite television moments of all time, actually. It's effing brilliant, and gave Pinkie a much welcome depth without violating her inscrutability. It's got great gags, too. Funny and serious at the same time.

I'd comment on the pacing, but even the worst episodes (relatively speaking) tend to have good pacing. It's a major fundamental that they hardly even know how to fail.

This bracket has my 2 favorite episodes of the season.

Suited for Success was my number 1. It came as a surprise for me. The premise started off what would seemingly be my least favorite with it being about dress making and fashion shows. Its message about the hardships in the creative industry was really spot on. That and it brought out so much about Rarity's character. She was destined to be my least favorite in the show, or so I thought. I can't stand those types of characters usually, but she's never been annoying, and in fact is always awesome when she's around. Completely broke my expectations of what her character would be.

Party Of One comes in second. It was another surprise episode. I sorta figured since it was right before the season finale, that it may be rushed in exchange for more time to work on the big finish. Instead it revealed a lot about Pinkie and had a great message. Normally Pinkie isn't phased by anything, but in this one she became a bit psychotic over witnessing her friends lying to her and avoiding her. It showed that her friends are everything to her and that she doesn't like being alone. I felt that was eluded to a few times during the season. For me, the episode showed how fragile people's emotions are. Using Pinkie for this, who normally lets everything go, felt like the perfect set up. Even those who seem to have their emotions in check can still be hurt.

Fall Weather Friends comes after that. (Only in this list.) This episode was a fun watch. Especially seeing the characters get into an actual fight. Not that I want them to, but it showed that things in Equestria can get escalated to that point, even with these characters.

Yeah... Party of One really is a good episode. It's probably my third favorite of the bunch. For me, it did for Pinkie what Suited for Success did for Rarity, that is make her much more interesting as a character.

It just doesn't have a song as catchy as the other two I mentioned...

Here you gave very, very hard choices at all but well. First my vote goes for The Show Stoppers, second vote goes for Party of One. And now i'm have a problem between Suited for Success and Boast Busters - both of them i'm like on similar "level". I threw a coin here and my choice goes for Suited for Success.

Party of One: It's Pinkie at her most random and watching her on the verge going "Cupcakes" was hilarious and terrifying all at once. :mad:

Suited For Success made me love Rarity as a character and has the best song in the series, 'nuh said. :P

Bird in the Hoof is just wildly hilarious to me, I've probably rewatched it more than any other episode. :blah:

Here you gave very, very hard choices at all but well. First my vote goes for The Show Stoppers, second vote goes for Party of One. And now i'm have a problem between Suited for Success and Boast Busters - both of them i'm like on similar "level". I threw a coin here and my choice goes for Suited for Success.

I suspect for many people there are going to be one or two tough choices in each division. There's just a lot of quality there competing.

And keep in mind you can always come back and change your vote if something occurs to you later on. Not that I object to "Suited for Success'" success.

Tricky one, this. These are the three I chose:

Suited for Success because, like a lot of people said, it made me warm up to Rarity as a character.

Fall Weather Friends, because it's just a fun episode.

Friendship is Magic part 2, because everything.

Party of One and Show Stoppers were good, though the latter was somewhat cringe inducing.

A Bird in the Hoof I've only seen once, but first time around I found it just okay. I might change my mind after a rewatch.

Boast Busters I liked but... A couple of things bugged me about it. I won't go into it here. Mainly cos it's just silly things.

Fall Weather Friends comes after that. (Only in this list.) This episode was a fun watch. Especially seeing the characters get into an actual fight. Not that I want them to, but it showed that things in Equestria can get escalated to that point, even with these characters.

These two seem likely to respect each other more because of a good fight.

These two seem likely to respect each other more because of a good fight.

Those were my thoughts on that situation as well. I've actually had a moment like that myself.