Sunshine Twinkle

Sunshine

Name: Sunshine Twinkle

Sex: Female

Species: Earth Pony

Pelt Color: Light Orange

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Mane and tail are a darker orange than her coat. Her hair is medium length, and she usually is sporting a red headband.

Eye Color: Dark Purple

Cutie Mark: A circus tent that is white with stripes of various bolors

Physique: Healthy like one of Photo Finish’s models

Origin: Fillydelphia

Roleplay Type: Equestria Crossover

Motivation: This pony got her cutie mark after doing a performance in her school that required her to dress up like a clown. Ever since then, she was called upon to entertain foals, even though she HATES dressing up as a clown.

Likes: Spending time with close friends, singing songs, dancing, making foals smile

Dislikes: Clowns, people who talk about her eyes, pretty much anything that associates with clowns.

Character Summary:

Ever since birth (at least, when she first opened her eyes) Sunshine was diagnosed with a rare condition known as Twinkle Eye. Basically, her eyes looked like someone had tried to blind her with a handful of glitter, as there was a strange sparkle to them. This caused many ponies to stare, giving her funny looks throughout life, not to mention how the other foals teased her about it. No doubt this made Sunshine bitter, especially about any conversation involving her eyes. During a school play, Sunshine was given a musical number that involved her dressing up as a clown. It wasn’t until the end of the play that her friends pointed out she got her cutie mark. A circus tent. Great. Now she goes wherever a clown is needed, which is usually a foal’s birthday party.

Sunshine wouldn't dress up as a clown and perform for foals if she didn't feel bound by her cutie mark...and her parents. When her special talent was discovered, Sunshine's parents encouraged her to continue down the path of being a professional clown. She was even sent to Crazy Clown College, which was nothing but pure misery. Clown College? Really? She hated everything about clowns, and when she wore the red squeaky nose with her hair done up to look poofy and silly, she began to hate everything about herself. At least her job kept the bits rolling in, and it also paid to see the little foals smile and laugh with joy as she juggled and made balloon animals. Their happiness almost made all those negative emotions disappear. Almost. Unfortunately a lot of her life is spent wandering around and asking strangers if they had any need for a clown. Whether or not they did, she would pass out her custom cards that she'd spent the whole night before making. It isn't the life she wanted, but it is a life nonetheless.

Because of her job, she knows how to put up a façade and trick ponies into thinking she’s the funniest, sweetest pony in Equestria…however she doesn’t put on a fake smile unless it’s absolutely necessary, and most the time, she’s as bitter as prune juice

GQzRy.jpg

This is a very interesting character, though she has a very sad story.

Can a pony receive a cutie mark for something that pony dislikes?

That'll be an intriguing question for the mods to address.

I guess I should clarify a little bit. She got her cutie mark, but it's more that she misinterpreted what her cutie mark meant. She only THINKS that her special talent is being a clown, instead, it could have been something else she did during the school play :) hope that kinda clears things up, I filled out this application pretty late at night (or would it be early in the morning?). From what I understand, cutie marks can be somewhat vague or complex at times lol

Wow, you've thought her through really well, Sunny. You seem to know exactly what you want from her and she really dose tick all the boxes. Normally I'd be a bit worried about the eyes, such things don't often sit right with the rp-staff. That being said I totally love how you made it into an actual condition! The fact that others would find it strange adds an extra dimension to the character, both physically and psychologically. Ultimately it'll be down to the help staff but I can actually see that existing in the mlp universe :)

The only thing I can think of is to pad out the back story a little, tweak it to have a little more detail and explore her history. Really put this schism of her personality on display, explore its complexities and perhaps why she feels she can't put down the red nose despite how much she loathes it.

This is coming along wonderfully and I'll be interested to see where it goes! ;)

Thank you! ;) I read your post and updated her info to include the things you mentioned. I don't wanna go too much in depth, otherwise I'm gonna take up a lot of unnecessary space in the summary lol

I actually had a dream of this pony, and held a very brief conversation with her. When I woke up, the dream was still so fresh and vivid that I had to give that pony a name, and recreate her using the online pony-creator thing. So in reality, she created herself.

As for the eyes, I see what you're saying. I gotta admit, I was a little worried it might be a bit TOO outstanding of a characteristic. I thought, though, if I gave a reasonable explanation for her eyes to be like that, while still staying true to the MLP Universe, it would be fine. I honestly CANNOT see her without those eyes, since their the ones I saw in the dream. If I didn't include it into her character, it'd be like describing someone in real life and taking away an outstanding feature (for example: if I wrote a description for Stevie Wonder and said he wasn't blind). I'm glad you think it fits :D

Anywho, thank you bundles for giving it a read! :) your input is very much appreciated.

This is a cute character I love the eye sparkle medical condition thing it's very unique and it's to her disadvantage and not to her advantage so I see no problem with her keeping it. There is one thing that seems a bit off here though. I've never heard of a pony earning their cutie-mark from something they extremely dislike on the show which means it may not be canon. I'll talk to the higher higher ups about this for the final verdict. Other than that I think this character is adorable and I'll let you know what is ruled about the cutie-mark thing okay :)

There is one thing that seems a bit off here though. I've never heard of a pony earning their cutie-mark from something they extremely dislike on the show which means it may not be canon.

Yeah, I can see the issue there. I was looking at it more as she mistook the meaning of her cutie-mark. Since she did a musical number, her special talent could be singing and/or dancing but she just happened to be dressed as a clown when she did that. The circus tent cutie-mark could represent "performance" or "putting on a show" as opposed to "be a clown." Since she was still young and naive, she just assumed that her cutie mark came from being dressed as a clown.

I'll talk to the higher higher ups about this for the final verdict. Other than that I think this character is adorable and I'll let you know what is ruled about the cutie-mark thing okay :)

Awesome! Muchas gracias, mi amigo! ;) I can't wait to hear back...I also can't wait to RP in the forums! :kissy:

Maybe you've already stumbled on her tallent ^^,
and it also paid to see the little foals smile and laugh with joy as she juggled and made balloon animals. Their happiness almost made all those negative emotions disappear. Almost.

That's another possibility :)

AppAssessed.png

Approved!

I hope when she begins RPing that she'll learn the true meaning of her cutie-mark. Promise okays?

:D omg awesome! I can't wait to hop on over to the RP forums! Thank you so much! :P and yes, I plan to have her find herself...eventually. Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye :smirk:

As much as I like this character, we're not allowing the Twinkle-Eye or Flutter Pony thing in just yet until they show up in show. While I don't have a personal problem with the Sparkly eyes (I think they're cute!) I'll have to check with Manestream to see how we're going to look at this. She could definitely still be useable in our Equestria Crossover area, and should we be able to work it in, or if she shows up in the show, she can definitely be expanded!

*edit*

I've spoken with Manestream and we've come to the conclusion that even though it's a medical condition, it'd still be considered the same as Twinkle Eye ponies and at this time, we can't just let them into the Mane RP. This doesn't mean she can't be played, however! She can be played in the Equestria Crossover section and we are definitely trying to encourage that area being used as well. And if the Twinkle/Sparkle trait happens in the show, you are most definitely welcome to ask us if you can bring her into the Mane RP area! If you'd like to go that route, please let us know. :P

Okay, that's alright :) I see how it wouldn't necessarily work with the FiM/Show roleplay since it isn't officially IN the MLP universe.

Anyway, I'll stick to the Equestria Crossover section of the RP forum with this character. If we're allowed to apply more than one character, I'd love to apply one that COULD work in the FiM/Show roleplay, but even if so, that wouldn't be for a little while.

I'm still excited to start RPing! :D any idea when I'll be able to start? Right now I still don't have the option to reply. I seem to recall reading something about this in the rules, but I can't remember exactly what it said.

You can have as many characters as you want, in normal RP or in Crossovers!

Also, you'll just have to wait until an Admin can add you to the Roleplay group. Then you'll be able to reply and create threads in the Crossovers section. I'll go ahead and move your this character there now.

Alright, I can wait. Until then, I'll scope out some RP threads I might wanna join in on :D and thank you! :) much appreciated

You can have as many characters as you want, in normal RP or in Crossovers!

Also, you'll just have to wait until an Admin can add you to the Roleplay group. Then you'll be able to reply and create threads in the Crossovers section. I'll go ahead and move your this character there now.

Alright, I can wait. Until then, I'll scope out some RP threads I might wanna join in on :D and thank you! :) much appreciated

Gosh I love how understanding and adorable you are! -cuddles-

Gosh I love how understanding and adorable you are! -cuddles-

Aww, thank you! :blush: I love how nice everypony on this forum is. I already feel right at home! :)