Flim & Flam's Sweet Smell of Success (Open)

Mojo

Flam breathed a sigh of relief that Zecora seemed to be back to normal.

"Oh I am so glad you're back to normal, Miss Zecora," the mustached stallion began to explain, "I fear that my brother and I have mixed up some new apple scented perfume and cologne, and used a small amount of a love potion we found in an old book in it. We did it to ensure return customers, but the side effects are causing those who smell the scent to go madly in love with the first pony they see! I fear I may have accidentally caused you to fall for me when I came to you for help. Please Miss Zecora, no telling what other side effects our scents could have on others. I beg you, could you come up with an antidote for it?"

Meanwhile, back at the wagon, Flim was only now beginning to notice how things have gotten out of control.

"Oh my, would you look at the time!" the lanky unicorn stallion muttered, "guess we should be, going, now. Flam! Where are you? I think it's time to flee, er, I mean, close for the day."

Using his unicorn magic, Flim started to place all of the bottles back into the wagon, preparing for a quick (and hopefully, discrete) exit. Suddenly, the 'chase' of Mojo stopped when Nurse Starflower came to a screeching stop in front of Flim,

"YOU! It was YOU who caused all this calamity! You and your brother did this, with that perfume of yours! As a medical professional, I DEMAND you remedy this situation or I wll report you to the Royal Princesses!" Starflower shouted, making Flim start to nervously back away from the angry periwinkle unicorn mare.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a moment Zecora stood there with her mouth open unable to say anything nor think about what to do. Part of her wanted to be rational while the other side wanted to smack the unicorn upside the head or shake him violently until the stallion's sense came through.

"You and your brother caused more harm than good. When this is all over leaving Ponyville forever your should. And to think that you tried playing with my heart so easily, that you expected with your potion that you could fall in love with me? Luckily there is an easy remedy as it appears that this potion lasts temporarily. I will however make a potion that will cure the effects of these false notions. But if I do you must promise me to destroy the other potions immediately. Above all do not toy with love so easily as though it is strong a heart can break so easily. So before I get prepared and we leave here, I hope I made myself very clear."

With that the zebra stared at the unicorn with a look that she was not pleased at his and his brother's act, especially when she became an unwilling participant.

• 3 weeks later...

axlD5pC.jpg

“Bad stallion!” Derpy tongue-lashed the guy from a safe altitude; “You owe my friend *SNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFF* an a-apolo.............. sorry if I sound a little congested. My nose’s been *SNIFF* bothering me all morning.”

Suddenly, Presteza was scooped up and hoisted away from her suitors grasp by none other than her friend Derpy. Once the pair was airborn the cream colored unicorn hugged her congested friend tight, "Derpy, I could kiss ya if only I wasn’t destined fer that griffin down the-- ah…” The unicorn sniffled a moment and rubbed a hoof to her nose , driving off an invasive tickle for a second brough on the curious scent of daisies wafting from her friend’s breath. huh, that was odd.

"Hey...first...I don't like being shoved aside like that. But I'll overlook it for now. And also, I think she isn't interested so why not let her go. Before you make yourself look like a fool."

After glancing down she felt her heart skip a beat and her cheek heat up as she saw what she interpreted as Razor defending his beloved. For a moment Inkbrand began to debate him about his relationship with Presteza but soon he made use of some haybales nearby and then began jumping up and down...

"Babe, I don't think Cloudsdale really is the best place for a ceremony,"

"How're all our friends going to be able to attend?"

Pressy was about to answer Inkbrand and rebuke him but soon the stallion’s jumping upon the haybales began to kick up the dust and dirt that was held inside each bale. particles of dust and dirt drifted into the air and encircled the pegasus and the unicorn. Derpy’s stuffed up status protected her from any irritation, Presteza on the other hoof…

“Eh…”

The combined scent of daisies and the dust brought up my Inkbrand’s attempts to catch the two airborn mares was taking it’s toll on the already ticklish snout of the freckled pony.

“Eh…. HEH-TCHOO!”

The painter’s horn glowed brightly and suddenly derpy’s mane was turned all fluffy and pink and sweet smelling… was that cotton candy?

It seemed the cream colored painter’s nose was not yet done with it’s fit seeing as it was still scrunched up and twitching. The mare’s horn began to shine once more and soon derpy could feel that winds were beginning to converge on her and her friend, “WA-CHOO!” the mare sneezed loudly and soon the googly eyed pegasus and her friend were being spun rapidly around in place, subject to malfunctioning wind magic.

InkbrandPost34.png

"Too bucking right you are, turning down a mare like Presteza," Inkbrand scoffed, turning his head back around to search for said pony. "Don't take your issues out on me just because you missed your own chance, man."

inkbrand_by_smackthezig-d5xr4gv.jpg

Razor blinked. Wait! Did this guy actually think that he? Razor groaned and rubbed his head, feeling a headache come on. "I don't think you heard me right."

Of course, he felt sure the stallion didn't hear him as he left too fast for Razor to get his response in time before Inkbrand started bouncing to get at Presteza. Razor rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"Well so the fool makes himself look foolish." He said to himself, watching Ink jump up and down.

He actually thought it be funny if he did manage to grab onto Presteza, cause if he knew enough about this perfume stuff the art pony would reject him in hopefully a very amusing way.

"After all I was the one she saw, so I'm the one she is attracted to. Not that I blame her." Razor said as he smirked, but then slapped himself.

"Nononononon. No, this is getting too crazy. Now I'm starting to get use to this. This madness must end now!" Razor declared. He just had to figure out a way to get Presteza and then Inkbrand and anyone else back to normal. He could just wait for it to wear off, but something told him that things would start getting bad.

axlD5pC.jpg

“Eh…”

The combined scent of daisies and the dust brought up my Inkbrand’s attempts to catch the two airborn mares was taking it’s toll on the already ticklish snout of the freckled pony.

“Eh…. HEH-TCHOO!”

The painter’s horn glowed brightly and suddenly derpy’s mane was turned all fluffy and pink and sweet smelling… was that cotton candy?

It seemed the cream colored painter’s nose was not yet done with it’s fit seeing as it was still scrunched up and twitching. The mare’s horn began to shine once more and soon derpy could feel that winds were beginning to converge on her and her friend, “WA-CHOO!” the mare sneezed loudly and soon the googly eyed pegasus and her friend were being spun rapidly around in place, subject to malfunctioning wind magic.

Speak of the devil. And if that wasn't a sign from the heavens, or he was somehow a prophet of doom. Razor lifted his wing over his face as he felt a gust of wind blow past him. Not as strong as the other one, given Presteza was farther away. The girl sure had a pair of lungs....and a lot of uncontrollable magic.

"Wonder if that happens to all unicorns when they sneeze. Hehehe. Might keep that in mind next time I feel like a little prank." He said with a smirk.

Of course when Presteza sneezed again and caused her and the odd eyed Pegasus mare to start spinning wildly, his wings extended in a flash.

"WHoa! Not good!" He gasped. As a flier himself, he knew that a wild spin like that could cause the Pegasus to loss her equilibrium, and it might put Presteza in harms way if her flying friend lost her grip.

Now...Razor didn't really care that much but.....maybe....somewhere inside...he...actually did care that Presteza and the unknown mare might get hurt. But at the very least he didn't want anymore wind bursts occurring so he shot himself into the air, spinning himself as he moved nimbly through the air and moved to give the Pegasus mare and Presteza a helping claw to get them straightened out and avoid any injury. His talons wrapping around their stomachs as he helped get them back onto a stable flight pattern, and keep Presteza from falling to the ground. Amazingly, he wasn't getting freaked out by the close contact to the girls. Though that was probably more to due with the slight adrenaline of keeping a friend and an innocent bystander from getting hurt then any conquering of his Gynophobia or whatever his fear of girls was called.

Of course....he might have forgotten that he still was covered with that perfume. Making him currently still a giant feather ball of potent love smell.

2mcczdx.jpg

Something was wrong; very wrong. Presteza’s allergies kicked up big time, and before Derpy Hooves, she felt her mane turn into... was that cotton candy she smelled? Why yes it was, and it was a bad thing having one’s mane turn into something edible for other ponies. Indeed, it was a very serious problem to contend with. Oh yeah, a magic-induced tornado also ensnared Pressy and Derpy together, but the pegasus could only stick to one problem at a time.

“OKAY!” the young mare shouted at the top of her lungs, the world spinning round and round and round her and the unicorn she dare didn’t let go of... “FIRST THINGS FIRST, PRES. CAN YOU FIX MY MANE- AHHHHH, GETITOFFGETITOFF!!!!!” An indiscernible feathered object wrapped itself around the two ponies, scaring the wits out of Derpy. Whatever the thing was trying to do, it wasn’t helping to slow their rotation, especially since the gray pegasus invested much effort into shaking the thing off of them.

Meanwhile, the airborne ponynado spun its way in the direction of the love perfume stand.....

Frdnlm6.png

The griffon was saying something else, but Inkbrand couldn't really tell if the other was speaking directly to him, or just muttering to himself. Or, if he really cared either way. Seeing how his hooves were still not filled with cream colored goodness, Inkbrand cared very little about anything else, other than his love still dangling above him in the grey Pegasus' clutches. If he hadn't know any better, he would have thought it a ploy by the Pegasus to foalnap Presteza all for herself, the sneaky little -

"Oi, what're you doing," the tattoo-clad stallion snapped, eyebrows furrowing in irritation as the grey Pegasus seemingly began twirling Presteza around in some sort of dance, far up in the air. Buck that, nopony swept his lover off her hooves! Though, he had to pause for just a bit, looking closer as the two began ricocheting through the air in some bizarre parody of a ballet lesson, sans the graceful and beautiful movements. In fact, they looked more like new-born birds flapping helpless towards the ground.

Inkbrand was already hopping off the hay bales when the griffon suddenly swooped past in a flurry of feathers, heading straight towards the two ponies overhead. And before the grey stallion even had time to blink, the griffon had wrapped his Presteza up in a hug, curling around her like some overgrown rug. Inkbrand felt his lips pull back in a snarl even as he leapt down the rest of the way without a care for himself, incensed. "You son of a diamond dog, I knew it!" he roared as he charged ahead at full gallop, attempting to overtake the whirling of ponies and griffons that was heading straight for perfume stand. "I knew you were a bucking slimy piece of - hang on babe, I've got you!"

And he did - as the group of creatures careened towards the stand, Inkbrand put on a last burst of speed to overtake them, jumping and turning in midair to catch as much of the group as he could. He could care less about the other two, but so long as Presteza was safe in his hooves, he could -

He could, maybe pass out for a while, as the world went dark all of a sudden, a splintering sound and spiking pain along his back, quickly followed by the most noxious perfume bath imaginable on the face of Equestria. In the back of his mind, Inkbrand was vaguely aware that the small group of ponies plus one griffon were strewn about, the ruins of the perfume stand scattered around them as well. But all that was pushed to the side as the tattoo-clad stallion took only the briefest of moments to shake his head, pain and confusion falling away as he glanced this way and that. It was easy enough to spot Presteza, and the grey stallion slowly clambered over towards her, hissing lightly at the new cuts and bruises he now sported.

"Told you - Cloudsdale - bad idea," he wheezed, dropping unceremoniously next to the cream colored unicorn, one foreleg coming to naturally wrap around her waist. "Next time Tezy, just be a good little filly and do what I tell you, huh?" Inkbrand grumbled, but without any heat as he nuzzled tiredly against Presteza's neck, heedless of his new aches and the decidedly uncomfortable feeling of sticky perfume dripping all over his body. Everything that mattered was back where it should be, and Inkbrand couldn't really find it in himself to complain otherwise.

kafyBGS.jpg

(I think I've got this right, if not, PM me immediately folks)

As Flim looked nervous with Nurse Starflower staring him down, suddenly a loud sneeze came from Presteza, a sneeze that initiated a spinning mini tornado.

"Gadzooks! What can this be, this strong wind surrounding me!" Flim shouted.

"Duck down, you crazy unicorn! I'll try to provide us with a force field bubble!" Starflower neighed as the periwinkle unicorn mare's horn glowed, instantly placing herself, Mojo and Flim under a magical bubble just as the spinning tornado crashed into the perfume wagon.

"This is not cool," Mojo spoke as the funnel of the tornado sucked up all of the perfume samples into it, broke all of the bottles open and then shot all of the perfume straight into the sky. Soon, the white clouds above became pink and started to rain down on all of the gather audience below. But this was no ordinary rain, it was PERFUME RAIN! Anyone the raindrops touched would be affected by the perfume, now with a much STRONGER effect because of the higher concentration of 'love potion' in each raindrop.

"MY WAGON!" Flim shouted as he tried to bolt out into the rain to save it, only to be tackled by Mojo while still within the magical bubble.

"Not a good idea, chum!" the Paint stallion shouted, "that pink rain may have the same effects as all that funky perfume!"

"Mojo's right!" Starflower neighed as she shouted out to the others. "SEEK SHELTER NOW! DON'T LET THAT PINK RAIN TOUCH YOU!"

Meanwhile, back at Zecora's place, Flam happened to be looking out the window when he spotted the pink raincloud in the distance.

"Oh my, Miss Zecora, look at see! Is that where a pink raincloud's supposed to be?" the mustached unicorn stallion shouted. "I think that's where our perfume stand was parked! What does this mean?"

redcedar90px.png Red Cedar

Red had watched in admiration as the pegasus of his dreams had rescued her friends from the advances of certain other grey stallions.

Really, some stallions just couldn't control themselves, it seemed.

But worse, their antics had started causing sneezing in Derpy's friend, which in turn caused some very strange magic to go with it.

Watching in horror as Derpy began to careen out of control, caution was the last thing on his mind. He had promised to be there for her, and right now it looked like need him she did. The tornado of perfume last on his mind, Red sprang to life, braving the wind and anything flying around by it, trying to stay under Derpy and Presteza in order to catch them before they fell to the ground.

Zecora hastily mixed together some herbs and liquids and poured them into a bottle, grumbling and muttering something in the Unyasi language that perhaps wasn't the nicest thing about the unicorn that was in her hut. She felt very upset that the careless act of a pony could play with her heart so easily like a toy, forcing her to lose all her sanity while blindly pursuing him in this false love. She shuddered at the thought of what would happen if the effects of the perfume weren't temporary. But now that she knew this there was at least some relief. Still it was another sting seeing a pair of two very capable potion makers cutting corners and even worse using their brews for nefarious things.

Right now all Zecora wanted to was get Flam as far away from her hut and from Ponyville as possible, but then to her dismay she heard the unicorn say something frantically.

"Is this your way to apologize, by trying to feed me yet more lies?" she said as she finished the potion and walked to where the stallion was. But there was something in his eyes that made Zecora take a step back from assuming he was lying, a look of pure terror. The Zebra poked her head out the window to see a menacing pink cloud floating in the air, and that was when she remembered what Flam said.

"Pink rainclouds don't happen naturally and where you said it is odd coincidentally."

Her eyes then went wide with the revelation about what that was.

"I do not know how this can be but your love potion has become a cloud as you can see. We must work quickly and make more potions well or else all of Ponyville will be under a love spell! I know I'm going to regret this today, but will you help me make more potions anyway?"

• 2 months later...
Frdnlm6.png

Bliss, Inkbrand thought as he nuzzled into the mare's neck, doing his very best to imitate an octopus and he continued grasping her between his forelegs. Yeah, going out on the town was nice. Wedding planning, moonlit dances, all that jazz too. But sometimes, sitting down to simply hold his mare was nice too, even in the middle of a dirty, wet, stinking field filled with broken bottles and carts. There was probably something that could be said about the magic of love, maybe, but Inkbrand honestly couldn't find it in him to care, too busy thinking of all the ways his soon-to-be bride would approach him from…from the…

…Huh. Bride?

Slowly, very slowly, Inkbrand blinked. And blinked again. And then a third time, just to make sure, as he stared into aqua-colored eyes that were, for some reason, extremely close to his own. The grey stallion puzzled over this sudden turn of events rather harshly - buck, it wasn't uncommon for him to wake up and have to struggle to remember what mare he had fallen asleep next to, but considering the wet grass clinging to his legs, the other various ponies milling about his peripherals, and that Equestrian-awful scent beginning to clog every single opening he never knew his body had! -

Abruptly, the grey stallion released Presteza, stumbling onto his own legs and gagging heavily. "What - what the buck is - " he managed to wheeze out, trying his best not to choke on the all-encompassing smell of perfume - before a sudden sensation of rain on his head made the tattoo-clad stallion glance upwards.

"…Oh, buck me - "

SPLASH!

If he never tried another cologne again…

By some miracle, Inkbrand had managed to close his mouth in time to avoid a sudden taste test as pink rain began falling from the sky, but the smell that had already been strong was now cloying, clinging to seemingly every single thing and pony in the immediate area. The grey stallion opened his mouth wide enough to risk a cough, shook his head hard enough to dare open his eyes without drenching them in whatever Tartarus-bent solution this was, and -

…Huh. How long had she been standing there?

Inkbrand wasn't certain how he'd missed her, but there she was, and looking adorably confused as well. Too adorable. Adorable enough to attract even the most hardened stallions and possibly cause them to sing love sonnets to his girl, and that thought was more than enough to send the grey stallion suddenly stampeding forward, ignoring anypony else in his way as he skid to a halt in front of her.

"Here, c'mon, up you get," he cajoled, reaching down to slip a hoof under one of the grey Pegasus' forelegs and haul her upright. Buck, she was bucking cute as, with her irresistibly, beautifully golden gaze twining 'round and 'round like she was perpetually confused! His poor sweetheart had probably been completely lost without him. "I'm sorry babe, I didn't know you were right there for me," Inkbrand said morosely, reaching out to wrap his forelegs tightly around the Pegasus' waist, "but don't you worry baby doll, I'm here for you. You're all mine now."

…What was her name again?

Not important, Inkbrand decided, and leaned in to take a deep whiff of the delicious smell the mare carried on her. Freshly laundered clothing, and something cloyingly sweet that didn't bother him nearly as much as it might have two minutes ago.

kafyBGS.jpg

It seemed like the whole world was spinning. And it was! Razor had tried to help, but it seemed that his attempt had caused the Pegasus mare to get scared and she ended up putting more force into shaking around to get away, which made it rather hard to straighten them out.

And of course...as it seemed to be his luck....it didn't end well from there.

CRASH!!!!

The impact of the crash senting Razor into the ground hard and drag across it while bits of wood and glass scattered everywhere. Razor groaned as he slowly lifted himself up, spitting out grass that got stuck in his beak as he looked around at the distruction.

"That...could have gone better." He thought. He looked around for Presteza and the Pegasus mare to see if they were okay.

And then felt something...wet. Very wet. Falling all over him.

"Huh?" Razor blinked and looked up as the pink love potion rain fell on him and others. This....might be bad. He looked down at the busted up cart and the shattered vials of cologne and he felt his eyes widen as horror came upon him.

"This isn't goo....WHOAAAH!" Razor felt his mouth drop as he gazed upon what he could only describe as beauty incarnated!

An elegant slender body and wings that, while needing a good preening, looked of the softest feathers. A coat of grey fur that glistened in the rain as pure as the morning dew upon the grass. A long flowing mane of blond hair that, while wet, clung to her in such a way that Razor could feel himself drooling over it. And her eyes spoke volumes of pure innocence.

'She's perfect!' He thought as he felt his heart ready to explode with love.

This was not just any mare, she was HIS mare. His future wife! It was destined in the stars!

Razor immediately got up and charged forward, knocking into a overly tattooed stallion who frankly should not have even been in the way of his one true love! Razor quickly wrapped his wings about the mare as he purred and nuzzled into her neck slightly.

"Well hello my siren of the air. You look lonesome. What you need is a griffon in your life. One who is strong, loyal, athletic." He said, doing a back flip to show he was indeed athletic.

He then took the mares hoof in his talons ever so gently, "Let me take you away from all of this. We'll travel the world. My family's history is the finest of all Aquilla. You too can have a swimming pool, beautiful paintings. I can even get you a modeling role with some connections, and be showered in the finest jewels and clothes."

• 5 months later...

Frdnlm6.png

Getting sprawled face-first into the dirt was, all things considered, rough enough the one time. And even with everything that had happened in the past few moments - the cuts and bruises littering his body, that same cloying scent that now smelled faintly of fresh soap and bubbles, and an overall feeling of hazy euphoria - a second tumble for dirt intimacy was, really, not all that called for.

But all that didn't compare to the feeling that rose in chest as Inkbrand pushed himself up, wiping dirt away from his face yet again to see the love of life trapped in the greasy, grudging embrace of a griffon.

Oh. Hay. No.

He may or may not have karate-chopped the griffon's claws off of the Pegasus' own hooves, taking great care to put his weight on the claws and avoid skimming over silken grey fur, and bodily inserted himself between the two in the same breath. "Oi, easy there bud," the tattoo-clad stallion demanded, in what might have been an amiable tone were it not for the tense sneer on his face, and the subsequent shove just to be sure this bucking leech got the message. "You don't touch her, talk to her - you don't even look at her, yeah?" A vague memory nagged at Inkbrand, a feeling that this griffon was an all-time low-life that made snatching ponies out of his hooves a well-loved habit, but the tattoo-clad stallion ignored it, and the griffon, in favor of returning his lavish attention back onto the mare.

Still with the adorably confused look on her face, buck all. Cute as.

"Alright sweetheart?" Inkbrand murmured, leaning forward to wrap his hooves around the grey Pegasus, nose nudging along her neckline. Buck, she smelled so good, and Inkbrand thought he could die happily like this, legs filled with the most amazing mare in Equestria. Nothing could ruin this happiness, Inkbrand was sixty-seven percent sure.

kafyBGS.jpg

Before Razor could continue to put the moves on the mare, a overly tattooed stallion suddenly had the gall to put himself between him and his future wife! Razor felt his eye twitch as the stallion pushed him aside.

Razor jammed a talon at the stallion, " Don't talk to her? Who are you to tell me I can't talk to the love of my life?"

Razor did not know this stallion, but for some reason Razor couldn't help but think he was some nest wrecking fiend. No appreciation for a mare's feelings, just a real dirt bag of heart breaker. This was only proven more so when the tattooed cretin began calling HIS mare sweetheart.

Razor flapped his wings, letting himself smack into the stallion from the side to push him away from HIS mare. He then placed his talon around the mare protectively with a feline growl, Get lost you nest wrecking no good, low down snake in the grass. This mare loves me!"

Razor then looked to the mare, sweet Celestia she was beautiful; and worth fighting for. He then gently pushed her behind him and stood as tall as his....diminutive stature could get and glared at the stallion.

derobanfix_zpsaca7bbe3.png

The world spun as Derpy crash landed into the ground. She lied there for a moment to recover from the impact.  After recollecting her bearings, she stuck her tongue out in an attempt to inspect it. "Ow... bit my tongue."

Suddenly, a pair of grey hooves skidded before her, kicking up dust right into her mouth. She coughed and would have sneezed if not for her stuffed up nose. Derpy wiped the dirt from her face and spat. "Blah."

The stallion lifted her to her hooves. "I'm sorry babe, I didn't know you were right there for me,"

The wall-eyed mare blinked in confusion, and couldn't help blushing.. "Babe?"

Before she could properly respond, his hooves wrapped around her torso. "but don't you worry baby doll, I'm here for you. You're all mine now."

"B-baby doll?" She'd be flattered if it weren't for the fact he just chased Pressy around earlier. And now he's getting all Flirty Mc.Flirtington with her? What was this guy's deal? Plus 'baby doll' was kinda tacky.

But before she knew it, she was engulfed by wings as a griffon swooped in and made similar advances. Derpy grinned nervously as the griffon took her hoof in his talon.

"Let me take you away from all of this. We'll travel the world. My family's history is the finest of all Aquilla. You too can have a swimming pool, beautiful paintings. I can even get you a modeling role with some connections, and be showered in the finest jewels and clothes."

She gave an uneasy chuckle. "I know I'm a little on the irresistible side, but isn't this a bit extreme?"

Her words seemed to have fallen on deaf ears, and she quickly became caught in a game of tug-o-war as the two fought over her. Mother of muffin tops, this was crazy! These situations looked a lot more romantic in the theater. But Derpy was being tossed around like a hot biscuit for Celestia's sake! It was almost as if they were under some kind of spell or something!

Wait a minute... clouds weren't supposed to be pink. She'd bet anything that those pink puffballs in the sky were to blame for this mess. Looked like she had a cumulus calamity on her hooves.

Derpy's thoughts left her as the griffon pushed her behind him and prepared to engage in battle with the tattooed stallion. Derpy peered over his shoulder. "This can't be good." Even if she knew the cause of the issue, she still didn't know the cure.

"Can't we settle this on more pleasant terms? Like a game of hopscotch or something? Hopscotch is nice, right? All that hopping and... scotching."

Frdnlm6.png

Oh.

Hay.

No.

For a second time, Inkbrand's hooves were dangerously derived of one adorably beautiful grey Pegasus, and he knew exactly what nefarious designs were conspiring to separate him from the love of his life. Standing right in front of her and dragging his stinking, grubby claws all up and down that delicate and gorgeous fur, and having the nerve to act like he was the intruder. The Pegasus' melodious and musical voice was doing funny things to his ears, making him want to simply melt away and listen to her forever, but it was terribly hard for Inkbrand to focus on it with, 'ya know, the bucking low-life sleazy griffon slobbering all over her.

The grey Earth Pony was able to pick up on a few choice words uttered by the yellow-maned brilliance however, and Inkbrand focused on them with all the ferocity of a Timberwolf holding onto is dinner. "Hopscotch, huh?" he not-questioned, smirk taking on a menacing quality as he stalked forward towards the duo. "My baby doll wants to play hopscotch, then we'll play a little hopscotch." A nearby rock served its useful purpose and Inkbrand kicked it over to land at the griffon's legs, a look of seemingly intense concentration on his face.

"One - " The tattoo-clad stallion had never, ever, actually played hopscotch, but he got the basic premise of the game, following after the rock and balancing on one hind leg. "Two..." he continued, and only a flick of his eyes into a sharpened glare headed a sudden spin that had him on the side of the duo, bypassing the mare and aiming a kick straight at the griffon's stomach with a resounding "Three!"

kafyBGS.jpg

(ooc):  Thanks everyone for keeping this RP going, I'm going to try and pick up the storyline, if I miss, PM me immediately

Starflower began to weaken, falling to her front knees as she desparately tried to keep her protective force field up over herself, Mojo and Flim.

"Can't.. keep.. this .. up.." Starflower muttered as the magical force field began to fade.

"Don't give up, dear lady!" Flim shouted as the unicorn rushed to her side, "you can't let that crazy pink rain fall on ME!"

"Better take cover, chum," Mojo said as he quickly open an umbrella, but it was too late for Starflower and Flim, who were soon soaked in the strange pink rain.  Immediately, the two unicorns smiled at each other.

"Don't worry, my love, I will take you to safety," Flim said dreamily as his horn glowed and he levitated the still weakened Starflower to a nearby cart.

"I feel MUCH safer, now that you are here, my love," a lovestruck Starflower said, smiling while Flim pushed the cart away from the pink cloud, quickly forgetting all about the Flim/Flam brothers demolished saleswagon.

"This is NOT cool," Mojo said as the Paint stallion turned towards all of the others who were still in the area, "don't let that pink rain touch ya, or you'll end up like those two unicorns!"

Meanwhile, Flam quickly responded to Zecora's request to help make more antidote.

"Yes, yes Zecora, I'll help you, anything you want!  This whole terrible mess is mine and my brother's fault, I'll certainly help to make things right again!"

Razor felt his ears melt as he heard the melodic voice of his love. She seemed to be trying to convince him and the tattooed fiend to settle the matter in a peaceful way. She was such a saint, pure and good willed.

She was too dang good for this stallion; and Razor was gonna make sure he got the point. Talon point if needed.

"Hey, she isn't your bab-Agggghhhhh!" Razor began, growling when the stallion had the gall to call his mare baby. But before he could finish, the stallion had kicked him with enough force to send him flying back and hit the ground with a crash.

"Oooomph." Razor grunted as he slid a bit across the ground. He coughed and took unsteady breathes. That kick had been something. He rubbed his stomach as he coughed and got up.

"Oh....want to play it rough eh?" He said a growl, he spread his wings with an evil smirk, "Fine, we can play rough." With that he launched himself forward with great agility and flew himself straight toward the stallion and collided into the stallion with a fast speed headbutt.

"Oh beans." Derpy said as she watched the griffon charge into the stallion. At first, she thought the tattooed pony listened to her unfailing advice. That is until he landed a kick that sent the griffon flying like a hoofball. Now the griffon was retaliating with an equal amount of violence. Derpy couldn't help but flinch. It was quite a spec-tackle. Brilliant puns aside, those two didn't seen like they were gonna stop any time soon. Gee Louise, what in Equestria could she do to break them up? The pink stuff might be permanent for all she knew so they could be fighting over her for all of eternity! Speaking of the pink stuff...

Derpy held an umbrella over her head just before the rain began pouring down and breathed a sigh of relief. Whew that was close. If she fell victim to the rain, she might've been stuck fighting over herself. Wait that's not right... Either way, she had to break those guys up before they looked like a couple of blue berry muffins! But how?

She tapped her hoof to her forehead. Think, Derpy think!...Ow. But the future bruise was soon worth it, as an idea decided to grace her brain with it's presence. And it just might work.

"Ummm... Hey guys! Whoever sings their love to me the best wins me over!"

dgEakBv.jpg

“OKAY!” the young mare shouted at the top of her lungs, the world spinning round and round and round her and the unicorn she dare didn't let go of... “FIRST THINGS FIRST, PRES. CAN YOU FIX MY MANE- AHHHHH, GETITOFFGETITOFF!!!!!”

The world spun as Derpy crash landed into the ground. She lied there for a moment to recover from the impact.  After recollecting her bearings, she stuck her tongue out in an attempt to inspect it. "Ow... bit my tongue. Blah."

The world had become nothing but a series of magnificent colors that flashed by as the mare, her cross eyed friend, the griffin, and Inkbrand in tow being pulled along for the spinning ride Pressy's allergic reaction took them for. Eventually everyone managed to land, while they were all airborne, Presteza was sure she'd heard her friend shouting at her to fix her mane.  Once the cream colored unicorn landed she had to spit up some dirt as she had the misfortune of building up to another sneeze and while her mouth hung open she slammed face first into the dirt. It was quite kind of the earth to try and stifle her sneeze for her ... but she wished it had been a branch that snapped her out of it rather than the cold hard dirt ...

*Ptoo! Ptoo!Ptoo!* "Ugh... stupid allergies, now my love, shall w---" The mare made a face as if someone had suddenly yanked on her tail. Nopony had... but she did sure feel something. It was like she felt somethign snap in her brain as if some magical hold on some area of her brain had just snapped loose as if a taught wire were just cut. "Wot was I just sayin'?... Oi derpy, weren't we supposed ta go ta yer place so I can teach ya some remedies to unstuff yer nose?" Apparently, the young artist from Trottingham had forgotten almost the entirety of the events. The painterpony was about to try and bring Derpy along and trot off before suddenly none other than Inkbrand had stopped by and suddenly started flirting with her friend!

"I'm sorry babe, I didn't know you were right there for me,"

The wall-eyed mare blinked in confusion, and couldn't help blushing.. "Babe?"

"but don't you worry baby doll, I'm here for you. You're all mine now."

"B-baby doll?"

"Let me take you away from all of this. We'll travel the world. My family's history is the finest of all Aquilla. You too can have a swimming pool, beautiful paintings. I can even get you a modeling role with some connections, and be showered in the finest jewels and clothes."

She gave an uneasy chuckle. "I know I'm a little on the irresistible side, but isn't this a bit extreme?"

"This can't be good." Even if she knew the cause of the issue, she still didn't know the cure.

"Can't we settle this on more pleasant terms? Like a game of hopscotch or something? Hopscotch is nice, right? All that hopping and... scotching."

Suddenly a Fight had broken out between the two!

"Oh beans."

"Ummm... Hey guys! Whoever sings their love to me the best wins me over!"

Presteza could only blink a few times at the amusing spectacle and strolled back up to her friend, "Great idea!" She said with a chuckle before thinking a sec, a mischievous smile creasing her lips before she whispered a few suggestions into her googly eyed friend's ear. Some of them included asking them to see who could do the goofiest dance, seeing if they were willing to kiss one another once but soon Pressy had a much better idea, "Oi, Derpy... Maybe could ask them ta help clean up some o' this stuff... Ask Inkbrand ta clean himself off... and maybe see if Razor can disperse all these weird pink clouds." The mare wiggled her snout and sighed, "I'd sure appreciate it, It's gettin' hard fer me ta smell too..."

Frdnlm6.png

The griffon may have responded with words or some sort of verbal attack, but if he did, it was mostly drowned out by the blood-rushing roar echoing around his head.

Inkbrand was vaguely aware of shapes, colors in the background, but they were mitigated to just that - background - as the mass of low-life feathers collided straight into his own body, at a speed that was impossible of any creature without wings. The grey stallion thought he might have let out a surprised and pained yell, but he was too busy attempting to get a hold of the griffon before they crashed into the ground. It semi-worked - he managed to turn them onto the side so they both took the impact of the landing, but it was still enough to knock the wind out of his sails, a fact that was evident as Inkbrand wobbled back onto his hooves.

"Yeah, we'll play rough," the tattoo-clad Earth Pony snarled, shaking his head once harshly to to stabilize himself. "We'll play rough 'til you get the message - keep. Your bucking. Claws. Off. Her." That was all the coherent thought Inkbrand could spare for words as he launched himself back at the griffon with a growling snap, grace and skill forgotten in favor of brute strength.

As the two grappled, Inkbrand became faintly aware of an annoying screeching sound that seemed to be emitted from the cream-colored Unicorn standing a bit of a ways away, and the grey stallion couldn't help scowling as her dissonant and warbled voice interfered with the Pegasus' melodious and lilting tones, sweeter than all the honeydew in the fields.

Wait…

Oh buck, the Pegasus was speaking, and he'd missed it because of bucking griffons and Unicorns interfering with true love! A well of frustration grew in Inkbrand has he finally managed to get the upper hoof for a brief moment, wrestling the griffon to the ground and straddling his back - and just in time to hear the beautiful Pegasus emit a challenge, immediately setting Inkbrand alert. "Bucking fantastic," he hollered, and grabbed the griffon in a chokehold from where he was situated on his feathered back, because buck if he was going to let this slimy, two-faced son of a diamond dog sing any louder than him!

"You can't fly any higher, baby," the grey stallion sang out at the top of his voice, his chokehold growing incrementally tighter around the griffon's neck, "or I'll burn off my wings, just for you! You can't grow any more, beau-ti-ful, or I'll just up and ravish, you!"

kafyBGS.jpg

Razor grunted as the tattooed fiend managed to grab him and drag him tot he ground with him. He shook himself as he tried to get his equilibrium back, but was soon attacked by the stallion again; going into a full scale brawl.

Razor growled as he struggled against the stallion. He was a lot stronger then he was for sure, but Razor wasn't going to let that beat him. He used his dexterity to his advantage as he scratched and kicked with his claws. He was so focused on the fight, until finally it stopped and the stallion grabbed him up in a choke hold. Razor struggled against the grip as he heard his love demand a challenge for her heart.

'No way am I letting him keep him quiet.' He thought as he placed his talons right on the stallions hoof and gripped down with all the force he could, sinking them into the leg. He jerked some before finally managing to get himself free. He gasped for air, rubbing his neck. If he didn't know better he would have thought that stallion was going to strangle him.

But no time to focus on that, he had to sing for his love, "You'll be in my heart. Yes you'll be in my heart. From this day on, now and forever more. You'll be in my heart. No matter what they say. You'll be here in my heart, always."

Whelp, the fighting didn't stop. They just started singing in the process! It was pretty hilarious though. Even so, they were starting to look more and more like that blueberry muffin she mentioned earlier. And obviously singing and hopscotch didn't cease their brawl. Maybe hopscotch and singing at the same time? No no no, that would just win a comedy award, not stop them from fighting.

"Oi, Derpy... Maybe could ask them ta help clean up some o' this stuff... Ask Inkbrand ta clean himself off... and maybe see if Razor can disperse all these weird pink clouds. I'd sure appreciate it, It's gettin' hard fer me ta smell too..."

A grin of triumph appeared on Derpy's face. "Of course!" While Razor's up in the air, Inkbrand wouldn't be able to reach him and perhaps the fighting would cease! "What beautiful singing! But those pink clouds sure are distracting. If only they would go away and that pink rain got cleaned up. Then I would be free to focus all my attention on choosing my true love!"

Wait.... she's a pegasus. She could have kicked those clouds to non existence awhile ago. But it was sorta risky, wasn't it? If simply touching those things infected you, then Derpy would be in trouble. It would be better just to sent someone already affected to do it, so the wall-eyed pegasus stayed put. Derpy turned to Presteza. "I'm glad you're back to normal, Pressy! Does that mean the stuff just wears off on it's own? Blargh. How long is that gonna take?"

dgEakBv.jpg

"You can't fly any higher, baby," the grey stallion sang out at the top of his voice, his chokehold growing incrementally tighter around the griffon's neck, "or I'll burn off my wings, just for you! You can't grow any more, beau-ti-ful, or I'll just up and ravish, you!"

"You'll be in my heart. Yes you'll be in my heart. From this day on, now and forever more. You'll be in my heart. No matter what they say. You'll be here in my heart, always."

A grin of triumph appeared on Derpy's face. "Of course!" While Razor's up in the air, Inkbrand wouldn't be able to reach him and perhaps the fighting would cease! "What beautiful singing! But those pink clouds sure are distracting. If only they would go away and that pink rain got cleaned up. Then I would be free to focus all my attention on choosing my true love!"

Wait.... she's a pegasus. She could have kicked those clouds to non existence awhile ago. But it was sorta risky, wasn't it? If simply touching those things infected you, then Derpy would be in trouble. It would be better just to sent someone already affected to do it, so the wall-eyed pegasus stayed put. Derpy turned to Presteza. "I'm glad you're back to normal, Pressy! Does that mean the stuff just wears off on it's own? Blargh. How long is that gonna take?"

The painter chuckled and drummed her hooves on the ground in the usual equine method of applause. She had to admit, these two did better than she thought they would. Both Inkbrand and razor had good, if different qualities to their voices that was well suited to singing... but then again finding a voice in Equestria that -wasn't- good at singing in some way was seemingly kind of difficult. There was no time to focus on the two suitors vocal performance, Pressy had to incentivize them to help clean up this stuff while they're affections were focused on one pony!

The cream colored pony took a deep breath and spoke in a loud and strong voice, "Okay, Bruvs! Are ya gonna keep yer lovely lady waiting?" The mare stood closer to Derpy and gestured with her hooves, "Come on, ya don't wanna let anything bother this incredible specimen of a pony from makin' her decision do ya?" She pointed to her friend and said proudly, "I mean, Look at this lovely silver coat! Shiny and clean enough to blind a pony with it's luxurious qualities! These beautiful golden eyes, and her exquisite blonde mane that compliments them so well! I daresay if you don't act quickly, -I- May have to walk her home and keep her all to myself! ARE YOU BOTH KEEN ON LETTIN' THAT 'APPEN?!" The silver maned pony winked at her wall eyed friend and whispered to her, "...and I'm glad I am too... who did I go after by the way?" When her friend brought up the subject of how long the spell affected ponies she shrugged, "Uh, from wot I rememba before I got enchanted er woteva ... I saw the spell doesn't seem to have a specific length of time that it works on... So I think all we can do is hope they don't sniff up any more of the scent and start gettin' preoccupied with eachother..."

Frdnlm6.png

A few tears - stallion ones, of course - may have been shed as the sensations of claws digging into his hooves eventually registered in his mind, and Inkbrand had to give up singing for the moment to stick said hoof into his mouth like a pacifier, saliva soothing the hot swell as he glared death at the griffon with his eyeballs. When the griffon started up with his own lyrics however, the grey stallion put his pain on the back burner.

There were more important things to attend to than pain, after all.

"Don't you know a loser when you see one, baby," he howled, using the pain to fuel his passions for the grey Pegasus. "Drop the weight and you can come home with, me!"

In hindsight, Inkbrand supposed he was lucky the griffon had momentarily stalled his own singing, because it gave presence of mind to focus back on his yellow-maned beauty - who was now lamenting the pink overcast, causing Inkbrand's ferocious stare to swivel upwards at whatever dared distract his true love from realizing her love for him. But it took the grey stallion another moment to realize exactly what might be required to disperse his love's ailment - which were, most assuredly, those pink clouds hovering overhead that he'd not even noticed.

Despite himself, Inkbrand felt his heart sink. He wasn't a bucking Pegasus, no way he could reach them. Meaning there was no way the Pegasus would be able to focus on their true love, no way for them to get married in Canterlot amidst falling blossom petals, no way to purchase their dream house together with a white picket fence, absolutely no way to fly their six foals to their sports practices -

Unless…

"You heard the mare," Inkbrand snapped, and delivered as strong a kick to the griffon's rear as possible to hopefully send him skyward towards the pink clouds, "get rid of those clouds!" That would distract the stupid griffon, for sure, and take care of the Pegasus' problem - which would take care of his problem. The problem of the problem preventing the mare from realizing the problem, which was her not swooning in his hooves right at this very moment!

But before Inkbrand could compliment himself on his brilliant plan, yet another home wrecker appeared - this time, the cream colored Unicorn with the screechy voice. All it took was the threat of stealing his beloved away to make Inkbrand's ears fall backwards on his head, and a full charge was made to the Pegasus' side with a barked "Hey! Grubby hooves off the hot one!" Quick as thought, the tattoo-clad stallion had the grey Pegasus wrapped back up in his forelegs, and he swung her downwards, eyes heated as he brought their faces close together. "Easy baby, I've got you," he murmured, gazing into her loving, confused gaze for what felt like an eternity, lips nearly brushing her own. He'd never been happier than he was at this -

At this…

Huh.

Inkbrand blinked once. Then again. And then a third time, before realizing that the swirling eyes in front of him were not due to a bout of dizziness or exhaustion - rather, they belonged to a being separate from him. A pony he seemed to be holding rather intimately in his hooves, as a matter of fact. And while Inkbrand definitely had no problem waking up wrapped around a cute looking mare, he wasn't exactly prone to doing so in the middle of a field, covered in sticky, smelly liquid and feeling altogether exhausted, like he'd just gotten out of a brawl.

Which raised a rather important question, really.

Where the buck was he? Why the buck was he sore all over? And -

"Uh," he stated eloquently, still holding the grey Pegasus at a rather awkward angle, as if he'd been about to dip her into a kiss. Had, he, been about to dip her down into a kiss? This was all a rather confusing and infuriatingly familiar feeling. "Not that I particularly mind having a pretty mare in my hooves, but. Who the buck are you again?"

kafyBGS.jpg

Archived