Dragon Age: Pony Origins (Private)

Cainiam

Archon snorted as he listened to Midnight's little tirade. He jabbed a clawed finger at her. "Listen. Threats are cheap. It doesn't do to make them unless you can actually follow through. Just a word of advice, because after a while all those threats sound more entertaining than anything else. Try to mix it up, be more original." He withdrew his finger as he started surveying the water. "Or more importantly, you could actually try being nicer. You'll be surprised how far that goes, even in these dark times."

As Midnight departed from the scene, he renewed the intensity of his search. A short while later, he lifted his head just in time from trying to peer through the dark water to see Broken paddling back to the shore, safe and sound. He contemplated going to help her, but it occurred to him that, seeing what progress she was making, that he was probably in worse shape. He flapped his wings powerfully - or at least as powerfully as he could without making them feel as if they were about to fall apart - and made his slow way back up to the top of the cliff. It was tiring and painful, but with slow and steady progress his feet eventually touched down, with no small measure of relief, on the ground of the clifftop.

He was mildly surprised and disappointed with his flying skills to see that Broken was already there, helping to rearrange the bodies. He shook his head sadly and advanced towards her. Clearing his throat, he began, "Broken? Could you tend to the injured soldiers, please? I think they need your help more than they do." He gestured to the corpses. "I'll take care of this."

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Broken's line of thought was diverted over to the griffon from before as he landed next to her and asked if she could help the wounded. She watched the griffon softly with one eye as the other was covered by her mane. "Y...yea...s..sure..." she whispered softly and stood slowly with a wince. Her blood dripped from her arrow embedded in her side.

"Y..you are beat to a pulp as well....L...let me help you first and i will help the others." she said to him. Her eyes closed and her horn glew faintly. A wisp floated out and bobbed infront of him. (Activate skill Regeneration) She nudged it closer to him, It touched him and enveloped him in constant slow regeneration magic. His wounds seemingly mending slowly over time.

With a nod she turned to leave. This was struck down by a pang of pain. She gasped and fell back on her haunches. "Gah....*Cough!* This arrow needs to come out....I cant mend myself with it still in....I cant push it the rest of the way through and i cant remove it on my own...." she said. Her eyes fell on him, "...c...can you assist me please? I dont want it to get infected..." She asked him genuinely.

Grym met his smile with a flat expression, never showing any other emotion than a barely hidden want for him to get it over with. She lets her eyes scan over the survivors within the chantry as milled about, everyone performing some small task. She couldn't help but feel bored with the entire thing though. She saw the looks some of the ponies shot her when they thought sh wasn't paying attention, respect or not, not even being a their 'hero' and a Grey Warden could stop her from being a filthy maleficar in the eye of the general populace. What the Bann was saying was mostly just window dressing to the mare, adding absolutely nothing of content to her understanding of the situation so it went in one ear and out the other. However, when Teagan mentioned Perth, her hears perked up. The stallion he wanted to see had perished in the fight, so he was literally chasing ghosts. He didn't know that though.

The two walked together, Teagan surveying the damage while Grym simply matched his pace, having had a first pony view of carnage while it was actually happening. He added some more fluff to their conversation, mentioning how the town thanked them for what they'd done. What did the thanks of these ponies mean to her? Instead of really listening, she went about searching for any chance of Broken. The mare had disappeared a while ago and Grym was starting to grow worried. Finally, the Bann told her that he'd tell her of the secret passage, but first he wanted her to gather up her companions. "I will return shortly. And Perth, as Pennant will tell you, perished during the conflict," she informed him, trotting off.

It didn't take her long to spot Broken dragging corpses and Archon telling her to change her focus. The sight of her fellow warden was enough to put her heart at ease and almost bring a small smile to her... that is, until she saw the arrow stuck in her side. When she suddenly winced and fell back on her rump. Grym's eyes widened and she rushed over the other unicorn, inspecting her wound the moment she made it to her.

"Ok..." Grym sighed, relieved. "This isn't too bad." She looked over to Archon. "If you two can handle this, I have to gather the others and meet Teagan again. Broken, one you're fixed up, conserve your strength and come find me. Remember, we can't waste time and energy here." She didn't want to leave the mare, but staying would make her out to be some sort of hypocrite. "I'll see you in after you're patched up." Grym backpedaled and turned away from the two.

Grym knew where Cold was, but she refused to look at him right now for various reasons. Instead, she trotted over to where she saw Tune and Gossan apparently sharing a moment. "Teagan says that he has something we all want to hear." She eyed Gossan's beat up body, impressed that he was still standing.

"Hm..." Archon breathed in deeply as his wounds began to close up gradually, the pain receding to the back of his mind. "You didn't need to do that, really. You should have saved your juice for the others. They probably needed it more than I did." He moved to start shifting one of the bodies when Broken let out a gasp of pain and collapsed on her haunches, prompting him to redirect his attention to her. It was then that he noticed the arrow sticking in her body. "Ah. Let me handle-"

Grym suddenly appeared by their side, inspecting Broken's wound. If he hadn't heard her coming from a distance away - she hadn't exactly been subtle about it - he might have been more surprised, but her speed in rushing to her companion's side was plenty impressive in itself. She spoke to them for a little while and then left quickly, trotting over to Tune and Gossan and leaving Archon and Broken there.

He looked down at the wound, and more importantly the arrow there. He knew that he couldn't just remove it like that, it would probably damage something vital. He'd been an archer for along enough, though, so he knew the best way to remove an arrow without doing too much damage to surrounding flesh.

He leaned in closer to the arrow and, muttering to Broken, "This might hurt a lot, so be prepared," he drew out a small and sharp knife from his cloak and touched it to her wound. Removing his cloak, he balled it into a layer of cloth, handed it over to Broken and said, "If it hurts too much, bite down on this."

He then began the main part of the operation; widening the wound slightly and just enough to extract the arrow, which he did as soon and delicately as he could with his hand on the shaft. After he was done, he reached down to his belt and pulled out a small hip flask. "Remind me to get more alcohol soon, please." He popped open the container and poured enough alcohol to sterilise the wound.

He stood back up and observed the bloodied arrow, afterwards bending down and showing it back to her. "Done. It might still hurt for a while, though, so try to heal yourself soon. And the other injured soldiers, of course. I know what the Warden asked you to do, but..." He breathed in deeply. "Well, it's your choice, I suppose. And I won't force you to stay. Everyone has their price, after all, and I can't say I've paid yours." He gestured in the general direction of safety. "Go. Do what you want. I'll tend to the other injured as best I can. See if I can patch up any more arrow wounds..." With that, he wandered back over to Pennant, giving him a short bow.

"Does anybody need a medic?" Archon asked. "I'll try as much as I can, but I'm not the best at it."

Broken felt her attention switch rather quickly as Grym came close and gave a rather concerned examination of her wound. She shuffled her hooves and nodded to her words to show she was listening. Wincing as she left she gave a small wave of farewell.

The mare then peeked at the griffon as he moved closer and began to work on her. She took the cloth and held it in her hooves gingerly as she watched him take out a knife. She dreaded what was next and stuffed the rag into her mouth. Setting her teeth for biting the cloth as he worked. Inhaling she closed her eyes and diverted her gaze, not wanting to see blood.

Pain came and the cutting of her coat caused her to squeak. Biting down on the rag she moaned in discomfort which then changed to a moan of much worse proportions. The arrow slid out from between her ribs and just when she thought it couldnt get worse she felt the sting of alcohol on her. She squealed aloud, Shuffling her hooves and chewing on the cloth as tears streamed from her eyes. She was in no way endurable, She broke with the slightest of pangs and this was no exception at all.

Before she knew it however it was finnished and he went about his buissness like it was a typical thing. She opened her eyes and peered at him as he asked of her to help the town more and give some time to this place before leaving. Broken saw merit in all suggestions between Grym and Him. She felt though that she didnt want to leave just yet. She stood and her horn glew softly, Her wound began to mend easily enough without the obstruction.

With this finnished she watched him go. She felt deflated, she didnt even get to thank him and she didnt know his name at all. Heck she would have given him a hug of thanks as it was how she showed gratitude, even though Grym on the other hoof didnt like her hugs too much....everypony had their own bubbles.

The mare exhaled, making her way off to the Chantry where several guards sat around licking their wounds. She set about helping them, casting gentle magics and talking to them, congratulating them for fighting well. She felt a pang in the back of her mind, She should have done better...and perhaps the families of the lost wouldnt have to bear the news. Closing her eyes she sighed, She had helped enough for the time being.

Turning away she trotted off to find Grym once again. Finding her wasnt hard, she trotted behind her and sat down softly behind her, not speaking a single word.

Clover coughed and nodded to Midnight, reaching out to grasp her offered hoof with her own. AS the batpony began to pull them towards shore, a thought struck her and she gasped, eliciting anther round of coughing from the mare before she could find her words again.

When the coughing fit had passed, she took a few shallow breaths so as to avoid going into another fit before finally speaking her mind. " W-what happened to Aseila? Is she alright? " Clover remembered seeing the mare get tossed against the side of the canyon by the revenant while she'd been in bear form, and hoped that she had only fallen unconscious.

She tried to cast a spell once more, just a simple rejuvination spell, and once again all she could feel was the emptiness in her horn and in her being where her magic had always resided. She squeezed her eyes shut and hoped that Midnight would not be able to distinguish between the water on her face, and the tears coming from her eyes at her sadness from what she may have, and already had lost.

The small pegasus scowled at the Diamond Dog’s comparison, his eyes brightening up for a fraction of a second as he idly stretched his wings, the sound of tar cracking and his winces obvious as several feathers were dislodged by the movement. “You can kill as many of these brainless undead that you wish, Mr. Cleaver, but when it comes to fighting a real enemy, with a brain, you might find that it’s not as easy to swing a weapon that a blind pony can see from a mile away.” He smirked, though he nearly fell over from the dog’s simple pat on his shoulder. “Ugh… Haha, believe me, I think I’ll leave this whole ‘warrior’ and ‘hero’ business to those who know it best. I’ll settle for being a… casual observer.” He grinned, before nodding his head, catching up with the diamond dog as they neared the warden. Her words made him start, before glancing over the dog once more. True, his wounds were very painful looking, but for some reason, the dog radiated the aura that this wasn’t even close to his limit. Still, the pegasus nodded his head. “Aye, I suppose he should see… that one unicorn… er… whatshername.” He jumbled out, before waving his hoof in the general direction of the town. “It’s hard to believe we won… I suppose I should compose a song about this.” He grinned before bowing slightly to the Warden. “After all, I stood my ground along with your fine companions, ‘tis only proper we all get a spot in history, regardless.”

Midnight slowly flew back towards shore, it was a pathetic pace really, but she was in no hurry or condition to hurry. She'd need to slip off and find her reserves after this, restore herself back to before she was stabbed many times. One of the drawbacks of her Armour, it didn't do a thing when she got stabbed.

That's when she heard Clover ask about, her. Aseila. It was obvious from the frown, that Midnight didn't like that mare.

She was too, urgh, jsut bad news all over. She didn't trust mages she didn't understand, nothing to them, but if she didn't understand them, she didn't trust them. Clover was simple, she was a young mare looking for freedom and advanture. But not Aseila, something about that mare give her the creeps, and it was probably how slimy she felt whenever Midnight felt herself around the unicorn.

"I haven't a clue, I thought she was with the Knights on the front line, and if that's the case, Maker help her, most of them died from where i was standing"

Midnight finally reached the shore line, and pulled Clover onto it, before collapsing on the ground. Her landing had little grace to it, and almost looked like a crash, cause that's what it was. Midnight's wings had just gotten tired and given up, leaving the mare looking up on the shoreline. She wiped some of the water out of her face, and a lazy smile on her face.

"Hope Fly-Boy got Broken out of the water" she muttered to herself, before groaning, and failing to stand up. Rolling next to Clover, Midnight guessed the mare was probably cold, and sitting next to her, she gently put her wing over Clover, trying to warm her up.

"Don't move, you're probably freezing from jumping in that water Clover. It's all over ya, so hopefully you don't freeze on me"

Clover shivered beneath Midnights wing and shakily snuggled closer to the thestrel. " T-thank y-you... " She tried once again to use her magic, reaching into herself for the familiar ethereal nexus and once again finding nothing, leading to her letting out a whimper and pulling her limbs in closer to herself. " I-I...I can't....it's still gone... "

She began to shake now from both the cold and her tears, as she tried and failed to suppress her sobs from being heard. She spoke quietly and with a faltering voice. " It's...I always have it...h-had it...b-but it's gone now...I-it's all gone... " She leaned against Midnight and let her tears flow, shakily grasping the batpony's wing and pulling it tighter against her body. She spoke once more, her voice barely above a whisper. " I-I'm s-s-sorry....I'm u-useless n-now... "

Midnight felt, warm? when Clover thanked her. Midnight wasn’t used to watching out for others, she was what was commonly referred to as a ‘lone wolf’. Still, it felt nice to have the warmth of another next to her, and it made her feel better.

But when Clover started whimpering, Midnight turned to face the unicorn. What was upsetting her? What had she lost? Her bow? Wasn’t it still up there on the battlefield? Midnight didn’t understand why she was upset. She could hear the unicorn sobbing, but Midnight didn’t understand, what had made her upset? Aselia was probably alive, and she young mare was upset over something she’d lost. What had she had that was no longer there? She’d killed before, so this shouldn’t have mattered. Midnight was baffled, as Clover tightened her grip of her wing, letting out a small groan of pain, but she kept it hidden.

“What do you mean, useless? Clover, you’re not useless. I don’t understand, what do you think you’ve lost?” Midnight asked, she was more confused now than she was before the battle. What had gotten Clover upset? She hoped it wasn’t Aselia, cause Midnight had a feeling that shapeshifter had gotten her hooves on Clover, and Midnight hated that. If Midnight wanted to save Clover from herself, Aselia might have to pay that with her life, Midnight just hoped she didn’t have to collect it herself.

Clover shuddered and grimaced, letting out a angry sob. " Y-you don't get it...I lost my magic...that's all I've ever been... " She looks up at midnight with tears in her bloodshot eyes " I-I've never not had my p-powers before...I can't use my magic Midnight...I c-can't do anything! "

She hiccups and continues, her voice an angry whisper. " My bow uses magic...my powers use magic...my l-life has been with magic, I-....I don't know any other way....hah, I'm a fool, thinking I could be some sort of great warrior, saving ponies like the hero's in my books...I can't do anything without my magic, and a real hero can fight with nothing...but I g-guess that's what I am now...n-nothing. "

She growls and angrily wipes at her teary eyes. " I lost my magic, but I still have my life...but what's that really worth n-now anyway huh? When magic is a-...was, a part of my life, and now all that makes me...ME...the only thing I have now is this stupid...THING between my legs, and all it makes me is a freak! " She raised herself up slightly and gestured at her wrapped appendage emphatically, then flopped back down with a angry sob.

Broken sat behind Grym and was in a sort of a dose. Her eyes half lidded as she retained her energy that seemed so Priceless now a days. She knew for dang sure that she was sleep deprived almost every day of her life and even if she slept for well over 10 hours she still had a yawn that didnt seem to go away. She did perk up however when The mandolin player or whatever waved his hoof and adressed her as Whatshername. She gave a small snort to this, "The name is Broken Sky Traveler......and yes i can help him if he wants me to....." She said to him over Grym's Shoulder.

Cold saw no reason he couldn't gather with the small group nearby, after all they were still looking for some of their members. He gave a now to Teagan and motioned that he was going to join his compatriots; the stallion trotted cheerily over to Broken as she was working her healing magic. He gave a nod to Gossan and to...hmm, he couldn't quite remember the bard's name, that was a tad embarrassing. Regardless he gave Broken a gentle pat on the shoulder, "Good to see you made it my dear Broken, that was a fierce fray to be in for sure! Where are Asaelia, Midnight, and Clover though? Surely they didn't fall to that unruly mob."

NPC Post: Aselia

Aselia picked herself up once the beast fell, the mare back to her own form after the brutal beat down she had received. The back of her head was sticky with dried blood, yet not a single one of her so called team mates had even come to check on her, to make sure she was still breathing. Even their useless excuse for a healer had gone and jumped off a cliff like the clever cookie she clearly was. It was quite understandable that she was completely furious with all of those she had sided with. She sat against the rocks she had smashed into for a good few minutes before finally pushing up onto her hooves. Her head swam a little and she felt back to her wound when she suddenly realised that there was no cut underneath the dried blood. She turned back to look at the wall and saw a distinctive splatter. Perhaps the healer had helped after all.

She caught sight of Midnight and Clover talking and strode over catching the tail end of her conversation. "If that thing is how you identify yourself then you're still more impressive than all the stallions in our party," Aselia said sharply as she walked over. "Thanks for making sure I was okay, Midnight," she snapped at the batpony bitterly. She then put a leg around Clover's neck and directed her away from Midnight. "Blood magic. You haven't got any natural mana, but you've still got blood, and as have those around you... listen... I think... I might have a way... you've just got to trust me, all right? Can you do that?" Aselia asked Clover. She turned back to notice the others gathering and began to walk, leading Clover there with her leg still around her neck as she listened to her response.

NPC Post: Gossan:

Gossan laughed at Tune's responses, especially the one about an obvious weapon. "Weapon should be seen. Easier to scare people," he replied. "I killed bandits with this. Remember?" he replied with another rough laugh. Gossan saw the concern that the others looked at him with, the myriad of open cuts that marred his coat, some even open stab wounds. Not to mention he was pretty sure his left wrist was broken. "High pain tolerance," Gossan said simply with a nod. "Maybe not include ponies jumping off cliff," Gossan advised Tune when he mentioned composing a song with a grin. Gossan felt good. Real good. They had fought tremendous odds, and won. It was rare he had such a good fight, and he didn't let the beast inside ruin things. He saw Broken Sky show up behind Grym and his eyes narrowed at her in a glare, before he let them drop with a loud exhalation. "Others need help more," he said flatly.

NPC Post Teagan:

Teagan wandered over to the warden and her group, Ser Pennant by his side. Pennant walked over to Broken. "We've been waiting for you, healer. I've got soldiers needing treatment," Pennant said, before motioning Broken to follow and heading back to a number of his knights who were laid out on the ground. Teagan meanwhile approached the others. "You'll need to catch up Broken when the time comes, but I have something very important to say. The undead here are the work of a demon and her followers. If you have any questions about anything, ask them now. For we need to make haste. The castle must be safe by nightfall, or all this will be for naught," he said with a hint of desperation.

Archon nodded approvingly as Broken was directed to medical duty instead of him. That made sense, of course, and clearly Broken had already been talked into helping, or else Pennant hadn't considered the possibility that she might not want to help. As Teagan mentioned something about a demon he leaned forward questioningly. "Are we talking literal demon here, or is this another one of those figurative pictures you people seem fond of making? Because 'demon' wasn't the first thing that came to mind when I saw that necromancer." He frowned as the revelations went on. "I haven't been paid for any offensive work. That'll cost you extra, you realise. I don't work for free."

Something else then occurred to him, and he clapped his right hand to his side. He'd forgotten to take his cloak back from Broken. He figured it was probably chewed a little, but nothing he couldn't fix. It'd been chewed before. Turning to her, he asked, "Sorry, I think I left my cloak with you. Could I have it back?"

Clover smiled happily as Aselia showed up, but then her eyes went wide and she stammered in her response before she could even say hello. " B-b....blood...magic? I-I, I don't think....I don't know Aselia...I-I don't think I'm r-ready for that...m-maybe, I just need a little rest is all...I-it's only been a hour or s-so since the battle after all...m-maybe my magic will come back after I sleep, right? "

She smiled nervously and let out an uneasy chuckle and rubbed at her foreleg with the other. " M-maybe...I-I dunno...t-talk to me about it when i'm not cold wet and scared, ok? " She then furrowed her brow slightly and actually looked at Aselia's body. " Are y-you ok? I s-saw you get hit by that revenant... "

Broken frowned when Gossan told her to worry about others. She didnt want to neglect him, she didnt want to neglect anypony at all. She stood stareing at him, About to speak to him to tell him no but she was sheparded away before she could even do so.

She glanced at Pennant and exhaled for a second or two. "Alright....lead the way...." She said quietly. Beginning to trot with him she kept her gaze forward and blinked sleepily as they moved to the knights nearby. She stopped and examined them one by one. None of their wounds would be a easy fix. Sitting down she mumbled to herself softly. She would heal them all....as a group....

Closing her eyes she inhaled and exhaled, She began to channel her magic when she was interrupted by the griffon that helped her. Blinking out of her focus she peered at him. "Y..yea....i have it still..." She whispered. Unwrapping the cloak from her shoulder she handed it to him with a small smile of thanks. "You were kind to help me....i wont forget that...."

(Broken Approves of Archon +5)

She gave a soft yawn. "Alright everyone..." she said referring to the wounded on the ground. "Relax and breathe deeply....im going to try and help you all...." she said quietly before closing her eyes and focusing hard. She reached out to the fade in search of the benevolent spirits that helped her so much in the past couple battles. Channeling through the fade she found what she was looking for and with their help she felt her Mana become boosted for a small while.

Her eyes opened half lidded, The irises now a Pure white as she channeled her flow of mana into the area around her. (Sustained Skill, Clensing Aura)

She hadnt used this spell in combat as it was one of the most toughest ones for her to master of her school of learning. Others were simple, direct...this one needed a feed and strong focus....She could feel herself being Fatigued but sitting helped her.

The area around her was suddenly bathed in a blue harmonious light and over time the wounds of her friends within the circle began to mend. Their muscles becoming rejuvinated and their broken bones began to fuse slowly back together the way they were meant to be.

"S..stay close..." She whispered to all of them. Her eyes blinking only every now and then, not breaking focus as she did her job. It would take a while but it would end up well in the end.

Midnight couldn't believe Aeslie was alive, and it was a shame too. Though, it didn't concern Midnight much. That was, until she took Clover from under her wing. Still, Midnight needed time. Time was her ally, and she was a Shadow. Never seen coming, never seen going. And Aeslie wouldn't see it until it was too late.

That's when she heard those 2 words. "Blood Magic". Midnight turned to the mages as they walked off. Blood magic was evil, nothing short of it. If Aeslie practised it, then Midnight had little choice but to kill it. She didn't know much about magic, but she didn't need to, to know Blood Magic was bad business. She should wait, but, there was no way she would let Clover fall to Blood magic.

Midnight paused, why did she care? Why did she care about Clover at all? Midnight's cheeks turned crimson, before she started running fowards. She felt her body beg not to do it, but she had to. She crashed into Aselia, pushing the mage away from Clover. Midnight bared her fangs, her back to Clover and standing between the mages. She let out a small growl

“Let me tell you a story Clover. One day, a pony faced a challenge, one that scared her to the core. She didn’t think she could face it, and in that pivitol moment, she ran. She left, and ran away. And you know what happened? Everyone that mare cared for died, one by one, until one day, that mare who ran away returned, only to see that final pony die in front of her eyes. And in that moment, she realized that her running away, caused all of the death. This history will never be written, but it will be carried by that mare till it destroys her. You once said to me that you want to write history...Just try to think how you want to be remembered" She says to Clover, keeping her eyes locked on Aeslia.

Midnight glanced a look back at Clover, before returning her gaze to “That is Equestria's history if you leave now. Grym will die, Broken will die, Cold will die, Aselia will die, I will die! Only you would survive if you ran, and carried the burden of all our lives on your shoulders. Or, you could fight. You could stand up, and show that you are more than just that horn on your head. I can teach you to fight, to kill, to survive. You don’t need to rely on just your magic, I can show you the other way. You’re not the only freak here, and you’re never alone. Now, when the going gets tough. The tough get going… Now get up Clover! It’s time we got going…”

Midnight hated speeches, she hated giving them and receiving them. But, Clover needed her. And..She needed Clover. They all needed Clover. She knew there was a chance Clover might actually run away, and if that was the case, then they needed her. Midnight just hoped that she’d done enough. Clover wanted to be like her hero’s in books, a childish dream. But, if Midnight needed to make Clover feel like one of those Hero’s go get her to continue, then so be it.

NPC Post: Aselia

Aselia could see Clover's hesitance, and she stopped for a moment to look her in the eyes. "Listen, Clover, it's okay to be scared. Blood mages have a bad reputation, but remember that's just what the Chantry preaches, and that's the same Chantry that views mages as second hoof citizens. Even if you buy into the whole Chant of Light, just think of that power. And think of what good you could do with it," Aselia said softly. She brought a hoof to Clover's chin and brought it up to force her to keep looking at her when her eyes wandered to her body. In that short instance Clover might have noticed the fact she had no cuts under the dried blood that coated her, even though the healer had never seen to her. "I'm fine, Clover. It just knocked me out for a little while. Not all mages are squishy like Broken," she said with a grin. "I'll give you some time to think about it, Clover... I'm not quite ready to start the-" she was then cut off before she could finish.

Aselia hadn't heard Midnight past her own voice, but then the thestral slammed into her galloping and sent her sprawling to the ground and onto her back. She bashed the back of her head again and was dazed for a moment as Midnight took the opportunity to tell a story before she slowly dragged herself back to steadying. She fixed her eyes on the growling batpony as she bared her fangs, and Aselia raised a hoof to grab her by the scruff of her chest. "You want to compare fangs, mare? Want to have a growling match? As I will destroy you, and then consume you," she said darkly and sharply, before pushing her back. "You mess with the mare, you meet the bear, and the bear is a lot less black and white on friends and foes," Aselia threatened, but she didn't transform.

With a final shove she pushed Midnight away and climbed to her hooves, dusting herself off as she glared at Midnight, then gave a softer look to Clover. "So what if Equestria dies? We'll be safe in Tevinter, Clover, safe from all the hatred and judgement from ponies who can't even hope to understand Magic because of some mighty higher power that doesn't even care about our world any longer!" Aselia snapped viciously. "This... freak... wants to hamper your potential." Aselia shook her head and held out her hoof for Clover to take. "Come on, Clover. Ignore her. Once we're done with Redcliffe we can take a boat to the Free Marches. See about travelling up to Tevinter and finally be free to use our magic without being persecuted for it," she said firmly.

NPC Post: Knights of Redcliffe

Once Ser Pennant guided Broken to where the wounded lay, he left to return to the group meeting. The wounded lay out beneath Broken, many not even conscious until she started to work her spell. Those that were followed her guidance, feeling the power in the air as her irises turned white, a powerful spell working its way over all of them. Flesh rejoined flesh, tendons reattached to muscle, bones sealed back together. Some rose as if to move then they heard her guidance and sat still again, waiting as the healing magic washed over them and cured them of the damages they had suffered in the battle slowly but surely.

Clover is about to nod in agreement with Midnight's statement, but then she is separated from the mare by Aselia. She looks on in worry and confusion as the mage yells ate Midnight, then Clover softly echoes Aselai's words when she mentions that they'll be safe in the imperium. But her train of though grinds to a screeching halt when Aselia calls Midnight a freak.

Clover grits her teeth and shakes, this time from anger. " A f-freak? ...Is that w-what she is to you?...I'm more of a FREAK than she'll EVER be! So w-what? She has leather wings? At least ponies normally HAVE wings! Ponies don't HAVE what I have! I'M a freak! SHE is beautiful! " She gestures angrily at Midnight, then steps up to Aselia and slaps her on the cheek.

" And Safe? SAFE in the IMPERIUM!?! I was 'safe', to practice magic in the tower, and it was just as much of a cage as the imperium will be! I wan't to be accepted, not hidden away in a place where others cower in fear of it! And realy, what does 'safe' even mean!?! If we don't stop the blight, we are all dead Aselia! Everyone, everywhere, DEAD! "

She pokes the mare in the chest with a hoof, angry tears streaming down her face. " So if you want to go hide away in the city of mages who think they're better than everyone else and treat ponies without magic like Mages are treated here, then you're no better than a bully, and I've had my fill of bullies. And that's why I'm not going ANYWHERE with you! Because the darkspawn are nothing but bullies too! Only instead of picking on the awkward mare with the mutant crotch, they pick on everyone and kill them! " She practically screams this last bit, then turns with an angry sob and walks over to Midnight and puts a hoof around her shoulders in a hug, then leans in and quickly gives the mare a kiss on the lips.

" Thank you Midnight, and yes I would like to learn how to fight with you. " She whispers this to the mare, then turns and glares at Aselia with her puffy red eyes, before turning back to Midnight and sniffling. " L-lets go Midnight..the others are waiting for us...d-don't want them to think we died or something, r-right? " She smiles nervously, and tries to wipe her eyes with her other hoof.

Cold was suddenly very glad he'd come to investigate the ruckus, he watched first in amusement, then in genuine interest at the exchange of words between the three mares. Aselia was a Tevinter supporter, and more miraculous was the amount of integrity Clover showed; after the exchange was done he approached them, "Clover, Midnight, Bann Teagan would like to speak to us. I would also like a moment to speak to you in private when you have the time Clover." He said, motioning back to the group over yonder, then turned towards the last mare with a grunt, "Aselia..." The statement was left unfinished, he instead began to walk a short distance, then turned around, motioning for Clover and Midnight to follow.

Archon returned a soft smile to Broken as she handed him his cloak, or at least what remained of it. "Don't mention it. Just try to help the rest of these ponies," he gestured to the wounded, "better than I managed to do for you, okay? Thanks."

He walked a little ways away, back to the group meeting as he awaited Teagan's verdict on whether or not he'd be paid to take on the next bit of the mission. In the meantime, he unfolded the cloak and scrutinised it. He could see teeth marks and a few holes where the teeth and gnawed through, as well as patches of dried saliva and blood. The whole thing was torn and crumpled, and generally looked like a mess.

A lot better than usual already. Archon flung the cloak back onto himself and fastened the clasp around his neck while watching the meeting proceed.

Broken felt her mana start to waver slightly, She wished she could practice this spell more as she could find a way to use it all the time.

She closed her eyes one last time and soon opened them again. They were back to their normal color now and she held a hoof to her head. "Alright everypony...its done....If you have small cuts or anything left over just give me some time to relax and i will see to it they are taken care of." she said alloud before closing her eyes and resting softly for a small while.

Midnight was stunned when Clover lost it at Aselia. The unicorn completely lost it at the shapeshifter, yelling at her. Midnight had to admit, it was impressive to watch. Clover’s speeches were impressive, and Midnight wasn’t a fan of speeches.

When Clover moved away from Aselia and hugged her, Midnight hugged the mare back. It was good to see Clover standing up for herself and showing Aselia she wasn’t just a…

When Clover kissed her, Midnight froze. Her mind was a blank, her body felt like it was on fire and she hadn’t seen it coming! She didn’t know what to do, she honestly didn’t. Sure, she liked Clover, a lot. She was cute, and inspired her, she just didn't expect that to happen. She snapped out of her trance when she heard Clover saying they should go meet the others.

“Ummm, Y-yeah, that’s, a good idea.” Midnight says, rubbing her mane as she tries to hide the crimson on her cheeks, and failing miserably to do so.

That’s when Cold arrived, Midnight was thankful for the break in the area, after all, she was kind of scared about what Aselia might do now she’d been completely rejected. She put her wing around Clover, keeping the mare next to her.

“Yes Cold, that’s a good idea. We should probably get going” She said, taking Clover with her as she walked back with Cold. She was curious about what Cold wanted to speak to Clover privately about. But Midnight didn't plan on letting it be a private conversation, given the conversation that had just occured, leaving Clover along with Cold didn’t seem like the best idea. After all, she didn't want Clover getting hurt, and she just didn't want to leave her alone. Not after what had just happened.

In her mind Grym cursed herself for not letting this town burn to the ground, but she needed the Arl and these d@mned zombies and now apparently, a demon, stood between her and her goals (one of which was a little closer to her than she'd like to admit). More likely than not, this 'demon' was just a necromancer playing with forces that they didn't understand. Memories flooded her mind, cutting at her psyche and reopening old wounds. Try as she might, she couldn't fight the frown forming across her muzzle. She barely even noticed Pennant leading Broken away to the help the knights. Grym wasn't even a mage, but she knew how important it was to conserve her magic if they were to assault the castle and complete their objectives... apparently these knights didn't.

She couldn't keep her mouth shut any longer. "Any more information for us?" Grym asked dryly. It wasn't what she actually wanted to say, but by this point she just wanted to be done with Redcliffe.

Archived