Dragon Age: Pony Origins (Private)

Cainiam

Broken returned to the crowd. She was satisfied with the job on her leg as it barely hurt anymore. The crowd seemed focused on somepony. That somepony was Grym. Her ears twitched at her yell for help. To put it lightly it hurt her ears how demanding she was being and some dissagreed, Whispering to one another about her being an Apostate. She kept her eyes low trying to be as insignificant as possable as to not start anything. Grym could fight, she could not.

¨Hey...Thats a strange staff. Saw it when you came in.¨ A gruff voice came. Broken froze, Her staff!! Why didnt she collapse it like normal so not to be seen!? It was a dead give away most of the time.

¨Mind telling me what your doing with it lass?¨ The voice came again. She had to think fast.

Without looking back she awnsered. ¨I looted it....off a body....¨She squeaked.

She felt a hoof on her shoulder, now she was afraid. Her eyes dialated and her breath quivered.

¨I think your lying Apostate. There are no Templars here watching you and theres no proof yer part of your little circle. Now i cant hope to do anything to the yelling one but you... You would be easy to handle, im taking you to the Templars.¨ The voice rasped.

Broken felt the male tug on her to come along. She whipped around, Her horn glew in defence underneath her mane.

The black Stallion drew his dagger and growled at her. ¨AhAh...Now put the magic down or i will make your life harder apostate. Im tired of you all prancing about like you own the place. Now come with me.¨

¨I dont want trouble please...¨ Broken whispered. ¨Everyone is already riled and stressed, We dont need anymore conflict.¨ She squeaked.

The stallion growled. ¨I warned you...¨ He said as he swipped. Broken had little time to react, the blade cut her face making her recoil and squeak. The small disturbance was seen by a few as the renegade lunged again. This time Broken felt the blade cut her cheek to which she Gritted her teeth. This was unneeded attention, she didnt want it at all.

So before he swung again she Teleported away and out of the inn. She sat down as her mana fleeted her and Whimpered at her cuts on her face. Why did trouble always hunt her down? What did she ever do to anyone besides be herself? She hid behind the Trashpile whimpering.

Back inside the stallion growled as the magic faded, the apostate was gone. With a growl he seethed his dagger. If he had a larger blade he would go after the announcer but it wasnt meant to be he sat back down as those around him whispered at what happemed before looking back to Grym.

[replied from a ds. sorry for bad grammer]

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clover gulped again after the mare spoke, but nodded in confirmation of her wish to join. She then noticed a faint glow out of the corner of her eye. Turning her head, she saw the other mare who came in with the larger one being confronted by a stallion wielding a knife.

Her eyes widening, she was about to grab the bundle off her back with her magic, then though better of it. Instead, she tried doing so with her hooves. Fumbling with the cloth, she managed to undo the belt holding it together, then unravel it, dropping its contents upon the floor. She then grabbed the Bow from her belongings and stood up on her hind legs.

Taking aim at the stallion, she willed an arrow into existence, and was about to call out for him to stop, when the mare teleported away in a flash, causing Clover to flinch and fire her shot, hitting the wall beside his head. She looked at the arrow embedded in the wall in shock and grimaced at her mistake, then quickly created another arrow and took aim again, then called out to him. " Uh, t-that was a warning shot! So...don't do that again, or else! " She mentally berated herself for not coming up with a quippy one liner or other roguish thing to say, but she wrote it off as having had a particularly stressful day today, so she would obviously do better tomorrow in the quippage area of being a rouge.

Midnight knew it, the moment he showed her the symbol. The king’s army, she’d heard about it, how hadn’t. It was obvious to her, even as she had been locked in a cage for 2 weeks, and she knew what had happened.

She lowered her head, not sure what to say. No doubt he’d seen his friends cut down like animals, the scars across his face were nothing compared to the scars in his heart. She only watched as he walked away, knowing he would come back. She sat down, relaxing. For the first time in 2 weeks, she felt at ease.

When he put the bag down, her eyes went over it and a smile shot onto her face. That bag was hers indeed.

“That it is. Thank you for this” she said, reaching forwards inside the bag, and after a minute of searching, pulled several pins out. Within a minute, the lock on her cage was wide open and she stepped out, locks like that were too simple.

Reaching in her bag, she started putting on her armour, light and black, she looked at her savour as she did so. He saved her life, no doubt about that. But the question still lies to what he wanted from her, or if he wanted nothing, what she count get from him. She checked her map, Ostagar was lost, and given this towns blight, she’d have to leave. Checking her map, she saw several towns ticked, and put her blades onto her back, before hearing her stomach rumbling.

She pulled out a bottle, covered in paper so impossible to see inside, opened it and took a long drink from it, almost finishing it. She felt the blood from the bottle slide down her throat, and it tasted sweet. To finally drink blood after 2 weeks, she understood why her kind found themselves addicted to blood.

Finishing it and putting it back in her bag, she looked up at him.

“My name is Midnight, I should probably thank you for saving my life. So what’s your name? And what is it you want? Don’t see me ungrateful, I truly am. But ponies never act for no personal gain, so what is it you want from me?”

He gave her a good looking over once she'd put all of her equipment on, just as he thought, she was no thief. She likely expected him to ask for some sort of favor, but really he'd just thought it the right thing to do, second chances an whatnot. "My name is Ser Cold Iron, though my close acquaintances call me Cold, it is nice to meet you Midnight. As for what I want, well I'm to be traveling soon and even somepony like myself needs companions, if you'd like to come with me I'd be happy to have you, if not, then I bid you safe travels, for now I'm going to see if there are any caravaners heading towards Denerim, so I'm going to check the inn, if you need me that's where I'll be."

With that, the stallion made his way to the inn, as he was about to head inside he noticed a flash as a young injured mare appeared outside, he strode up to her, "Are you alright madame?"

Broken had pulled her mask off and was wiping the blood from her face. She whimpered and squeaked quietly to herself as the crimson liquid strode from her nose and Cheek. Her mask now held two holes that she didnt like. It would take a good while to stitch them back together and to make them feel comfortable.

Her ear picked up the sound of another male. "Oh no....please not another one." Her mind whispered as she kept her eyes lowered and away. She quivered a bit in fear but managed to get her head to turn so she could see whomever it was. Her Fire opal eye blinked as she got a look at the figure.

He was tall, His coat was that of tarnished sapphire and his mane was golden and tied in a ponytail. His armor was red with silver embroidery. A knight, a soldier and a gentlepony...or so she hoped.

She calmed herself and managed to turn on her haunches to peer up at him from under her brown cloth hood. Dwarfed by his Size she felt uneasy, but she knew that feeling with Grym so it wasnt new to her.

She noticed that another figure behind him that absolutely scared her to death. She shrank back and fell to the ground with a whimper. Her stave fell off and slid on the ground as she lay on her back against the trash pile. Dark blue coat, Light blue mane, Her Ice cold eyes seemed to pierce right through her to her very essence. Something about her just wasnt right, she felt almost vulnerable. "Its times like this i wish i could shapeshift into a Mouse!!" Her mind squeaked.

She didnt Panic fully but the startle was enough to jar her. Swallowing she looked at The larger one, her face fully shown to him except one of her eyes that was covered by her two toned mane. "S...sorry!" she said softly. "I...I got startled...thats all..." she said as she reached for her staff. She flailed and failed horribly, Her cheeks burning bright red under her white coat. "Maker curse it....its not like i can say i looted this staff all the time." she said admitting defeat and let her horn glow brightly to levitate the staff to her side and collapse it into its traveling position. She Slid it on the hook on her right side of her armor.

She stood fully and brushed the gunk off of her Leather and robe armor. Her Eye scanned them both, her stance still showing Defensive traits. "A...are you going to tell... the templars?" She Asked softly. "please dont..." she squeaked to the taller Stallion with pleeding eyes.

Cold screwed his face into a confused expression, "My dear the mere use of magic is not the admission to some sort of guilt, though I must say you look familiar..." He lifted her chin to look more directly into her face, then gave her a bright smile. "You're one of the wardens, you fought at Ostagar with me and my troops! Sweet maker it's good to know some of you made it out." He was quite happy now, the wardens had done all they could at the battle, and anypony who believed otherwise was a fool. His joy at seeing a living warden inspired him to pull his seal out of his bag and attach it to his armor. "Ser Cold Iron, officer in his majesty's royal army, at your service madame."

The mare’s speech had brought silence amongst the patrons of the bar, and had caused Tune to raise an eyebrow before glancing back at his new traveling companion that he had recently acquired. The stallion hummed softly as he rolled the idea around in his head for several seconds. A larger group did mean it would be safer to travel… but at the same time the mare was speaking about the blight… how her business could affect the outcome of it and whatnot. Business that Tune really had no interest in. Sure, the blight was a horrible thing that threatened the lives of every pony in the land… but it was her problem, not his. He wasn’t a Grey Warden, it wasn’t his job to stop the blight. It was his job to play his part in ‘The Game’ and with that job came the healthy habit of looking over one’s shoulder for anyone who was paid to… remove him from his position. The conflict was quickly settled, however, by the offering of help from another pony to the speaker. The way she didn’t coat her words with a thin sheen of honey comforted the pegasus enough so that he turned to the diamond dog standing beside him.

“Well… we’re going the same way, correct? It seems hardly reasonable to pass up a chance to travel in a larger group during these dangerous times.” He whispered over to Gossan

As the diamond dog grunted in agreement with the stallion, Tune proceeded to walk towards the mare, flipping his mane out of his face so that both his eyes were clearly visible to her. “Well… quite the speech you gave there, miss. A little harsh, but I suppose whatever gets the masses up and off their lazy rumps, will work in the end. If you wouldn’t mind another few sets of hooves… well… I suppose he doesn’t quite have hooves, but none the less, myself, and my companion Gossan.” He gestured over to the diamond dog as he spoke. “Would be more than happy to accompany you to Redcliffe, if you’d have us, of course.” He gave her a friendly smile as he stuck out his hoof. “Name’s Lucky Tune, though you can call me Tune, if you want. I'm a bard by trade, so I'm sure I could be of some use, and the large fellow has quite a... reputation in this tavern from earlier... something about axes.” The stallion shrugged, glancing around the inn. "Seems this place has seen a lot more action then it's used to..." He muttered to himself.

Gossan and Tune were ready to go as the unicorn mare who had entered walked up to the bar. He caught a mention of Redcliffe between her and the barkeep before she slammed her hooves against the bar. Maybe it was worth lingering for a moment longer. He held up a paw to stop Lucky Tune in his tracks, and then pointed to the mare as she headed out into the centre of the room. There was only one reason she'd do that. Her first sentence was all she had to say. Gossan needed to get to Redcliffe. Lucky Tune knew the way. The roads were dangerous. It didn't take a Paragon to work out that it only made sense for them to travel together. He didn't need to hear the rest, but Gossan listened anyway. He was curious as to her purpose, and when she mentioned the Blight he was more than sold.

He watched Tune come to a conclusion with interest. If he decided to leave anyway, then he'd intervene. While Tune thought things over, another pony stood up somewhat sheepishly. Gossan couldn't tell much from her appearance other than she looked more like a refugee than a fighter. If she was signing on a quest like this however, she must have some talents. Tune spoke up as he came to his decision. It seemed the pegasus was sold on the same line of logic as Gossan. You could always rely on safety in numbers. Gossan grunted to show his agreement about joining up, and then Tune wandered over to the unicorn. Gossan followed him and stood back as Tune made introductions. When he gestured to Gossan, the diamond dog nodded his head in respect. The pegasus went on to mention the events earlier, and Gossan gave a deep throaty chuckle.

There was a sudden flair of action as a blade flashed in the crowd and the other mare Gossan had seen slink in with the unicorn pulled out a staff and vanished in a burst of light. The tell-tale twang of a bowstring had Gossan raise a throwing axe, still bloody from earlier. He turned on the shooter, before seeing it to be the mare from earlier, shrugging at a missed shot. So she was an archer. That made her a useful addition to be sure. Seeing that she wasn't the threat, he turned to face the stallion who she's shot at. The guy had sat back down, clearly not wanting to take the rest of them on. Gossan was a little put off that there wasn't going to be a bar brawl. Still, if that pony he'd just slashed had been the mare he'd signed up with's friend. "You want his head?" Gossan asked the unicorn as he tossed the axe from one paw to the next.

Broken sky looked at Cold With reprehensive eyes. He knew her? From the battle at Ostagar? She tried to remember. It was hard too because she saw many faces there...all dying...All Fighting to the death.

She Blinked and Held her hoof gingerly out to him. "Im...Broken Sky...." she whimpered Blinking softly to him. "I think i casted a Healing Spell on you once or twice in the battle...its hard to remember." she Sighed.

Aselia stared up at the sky, as the army came in from Ostagar. She didn't pay them any mind though, except for a little time to check to see if some of the soldiers had any wounds. She wasn't a healer, she was just curious to see if they had any. She leaned up against her home, trying to take a deep breath and decide where to go. She knew the town was getting bad. People fled from here to get to someplace safe, they ran to all sorts of places, and sold every last object of theirs for a couple of gold pieces. It seemed like it was a bad idea to leave the town at the time, but now that the army from Ostagar had come back from defeat, it seemed more likable. Still, Aselia craved adventure and excitement, not fear. She stayed calm in the situation, often helping others when she could. Still it seemed like now would be a good time to leave, especially since the chantry had taken over the town.

First though, Aselia would need a drink. The unicorn took off from her home, and trotted her way into the inn, though she wished she hadn't. When she entered she found, what looked like, a bar brawl or at least one waiting to happen. She shook her head and stood in the middle of it. "All right, all right." She started. "I'm not sure who started this, but what if we just stop now, hm?" Aselia defiantly didn't need a fight right now. For the first thing, she didn't want to deal with the sound. The second thing though, and the most important one, Aselia didn't have a staff on her. Not that she needed it though, her hooves...or in the case of attack, paws, could help in a fight, but she really didn't feel like becoming a bear in the middle of the inn.

Midnight watched Cold walk off, seemingly to comfort another pony. As much as she should, she had no time to waste with that. She was still on a mission, bandits weren't going to kill themselves after all. Looking back again, she couldn't leave, not after he saved her life like that.

Reaching into her bag, she picked up another bottle of blood, and started drinking it. Her body was still hungry, still starved. She knew she'd have to find more blood to fill the bottles in soon enough, but not yet. She'd come across some bandits soon enough, and that would get her more blood. But until then, she turned back towards the town.

Part of her said go back in, another said don't waste your time. Shaking her head, she walked over to Cold.

"Sir Cold, i thank you again for saving my life before, if you find yourself in Redcliff, i'll find you and buy you a drink sometime. Until then, i give you my farewell"

She walked away, taking a last look at the town as she left it. Maker she hated that town, and hoped it would get wiped out by the blight. Sure, she will probably fall to the blight to, but she'd fall with blades in her hooves and covered in blood. Trotting away from the town, and quickly spotting a gathering of several villagers. She snuck into their mists, and started listening. Oh, ponies said the best things when they didn't realize she was listening.

Grym had to suppress an extremely girly chuckle. Not at what happened, she wanted to cleave that stallion in two for assaulting Broken Sky like that, but that wouldn't accomplish anything right now. He'd already been deterred and Sky was gone; instead the source of her mirth was the unicorn archer. Grym was glad she held back on acting, it was a terrible gamble, but it paid off. This unicorn had reacted promptly and without hesitation. All she needed to know was that she was willing to fight, and that was enough for the reaver. The awkward bit of battle banter was just a plus.

"I've seen enough, you may travel with me," she informed the archer.

Just as Grym prepared to leave, she was confronted by a pegasus stallion. Body checking past the pony crossed her mind, but the diamond dog she eyed earlier seemed to be trailing behind him. His whispering to the dog only proved her suspicions. She drowned nearly everything he said out as she sized up the mutt with him. He wasn't much larger than a pony, but he build more solid than a boulder. Of what the pegasus was saying, all she caught was his name "Lucky Tune" and that they were going to Redcliffe.

The dog was juggling his axe between his paws, ready for a fight. He'd come in handy, shame he was only in this for the trip to Redcliffe. "No. Last thing we need is a pack of pissed ponies tailing us. There will be plenty of darkspawn to slaughter between here and Redcliffe though," she answered the dig. Honestly, she wanted to see the stallion suffer, to feel his agony, but it just wasn't meant to be at the moment. "We'll leave right after I retrie--" She was once again interrupted, this time by a mare. Grym's patience with this place was quickly waning.

What she brought was too little, too late. "Sorry to steal your heroic thunder, but the situation has already been resolved. We were just about to leave this town behind us. The sooner you're out of our way, the sooner we can take the road out of Ponyville."

He chuckled, "It's entirely likely that you did, I require quite a bit of healing in battle seeing as I rush in on the front lines." Might you be leaving town soon? He was distracted a moment as Midnight gave her farewells, he gave her a smile and wave before returning his attention to the mage in front of him.

"I need to get to Denerim, but I'll stop anywhere your party needs to go...if you have a party. I'm a stalwart warrior, and would be quite helpful to have around on the road, if you'll have me."

Midnight sighed, relaxing from her position in the tree. No reason to rush off to Redcliff, no, she wanted to enjoy her freedom a little, relax and just be herself. At least, that was the plan. Plans change.

Midnight looked down, spotting several, a large group in fact, of what looked like either well dressed mercs, bandits or soliders. She decided to listen in, and she heard only a few words before she moving. That words were Traitors of the King

She flipped out of the tree, gently descending unto the ground in front of the group, her weapons stowed. If they were after traitors who kill a king, well, such creatures were worth her effort. Dooming Equestria to fall, but more importantly, traitors was simply another way to say bandit, so it was her duty to eliminate them.

She looked around, not seeing the pony in charge. Instead of searching, she decided a more direct approach was needed.

"Excuse me, i couldn't help but overhear something about traitors of the king, and you're hunting them down? If i'm right, i'd like to speak to the pony in charge, i may be able to help, remove them" She could feel the eyes of those ponies on her, hungry, looking like she was a waste of time. Smirking, she quickly flicked out her dagger and sword, before slowly putting them back. If nothing else, it showed she had the weapons and skill to be of some use.

NPC Post: Sergeant Pike

Sergeant Pike was prepared. He'd gathered together a team of elite killers, well a mix of refugees, bandits, and mercenaries all vying for the Regent's gold, but, yes, a team of elite killers. Loghain had put a lot of trust in him when he had left him the task of ensuring all the Grey Warden's were actually dead, and there was no way he would fail the Teryn. Not after all he had done for Equestria. The Grey Wardens would pay for their part in betraying the king, and he'd be the one to sink his pike into the last pony's still beating heart.

He'd gathered his elite kill team on the outskirts of Ponyville, in between the small town and the remnants of the Imperial Highway. Those Grey Wardens spotted in Ponyville would come this way, all happy to be alive, then, Bam! He'd leap out with his kill team, and they'd do their killing, then everyone gets gold and he gets a medal. Also poetic justice. Yes. That was important. A trap for a pair of trappers. The group was ready, and he decided to say a few words for morale. "Now, everypony, I know you're all desperate for payment, but we need to do this careful like. Templars might interfere in town, so we got to stop them out here. They'll come this way, bet your bottom bit, so just be ready to stick it to those traitors of the king. Then you'll get your gold."

As he finished there was a shaking in the trees up above then a pegasus dropped out of them. An almost emancipated mare showing off her weapons and wanting in. A bunch of the ponies glared at her as she lessened their cut, but Pike pushed to the front. The dark blue earth pony wore some heavy steel armour, and carried a pike and shield on his back. The shield bore the seal of the West Hill Bannorn. He looked her over for a moment as if sizing her up. There was a spark in her. She didn't have the build of a warrior, but those were the eyes of a killer. Assassin probably he surmised. "You thinking you can help? How so?" he asked curiously.

Midnight looked up at the pony addressing her, the commander if they had any. He looked a warrior, and in his eyes, she could see a small fire. He was ready for this killing.

Stretching her wings out, she laughed at his question.

"Forgive me if i'm wrong, but Grey Wardens are meant to be the best fighters alive. You need more than just cut-line toy soldiers to beat them. Besides, how many wardens can you guys get? 2, 3 max? If they is more, the more backup you'll need"

She walked right up to him, looking him dead in the eyes.

"Now, you can take these little toy troops and send them to their death, and your own and i'll be sitting and watching them loot your dead corpse. Or, you could get help from a professional, namely myself. I'm not asking for a share of the cut, none of the bounty. All i ask, in return of letting me help kill the traitors, is a free passage to a city of my choice in Equestria, or to be recruited for more operations like this, assassinations..with you as my commander, obviously"

By this point, she started circling him. Part of it she knew would be intimidating, having it occur. But also, every time she passed, she made a note to flick him with her tail teasingly. Bandits, traitors, all the same in her book, all needed to die, and she wasn't going to get denied the pleasure of killing the Grey Wardens. Finishing her final circle, she was facing Pike.

"So, what's it going to be solider boy? Am i in?"

NPC Post: Sergeant Pike

When she laughed at his question, Pike knew that she was serious. As she spoke, his iron clad plan seemed to crumble around him. She was right. These guys weren't proper soldiers. Some of them weren't even wearing armour, but you got what you could get. Loghain needed all the soldiers he could muster up in Canterlot, so Pike was trusted to recruit locally. "Well..." he began as he tried to muster a response but then she was right up in his face. Her eyes bore into his own and he shut up instantly, a bead of sweat started to form on his forehead. "I..." he tried to say again, but then she started talking again. Listing his options. The first one which he had been so ready to commit to a moment ago, now seemed like a bad choice.

He watched her as she circled him. Her sharp tone carried a deadly edge, but at the same time Pike couldn't help but feel intrigued. There was just something about the way she moved, the shape of her... He was snapped out of it suddenly when she stopped right in front of him and spoke up loudly. "I... You... Yes, yes, you're in," he said flustered as he felt his cheeks redden. He could feel her eyes on him, and he felt hot under the collar under her gaze. "Yes... of course... yes, anywhere in Equestria. Just name the place," he said as he tried to shake off the spell she was putting on him. "We can do Loghain's work. Ensure Equestria never bows to those Orlesians, and put down those darkspawn."

Midnight had the largest grin on her face at his staggered replies, many times the same trick worked. Only a few stallions had resisted, and his one was no different. Sure, it was mean, but she wanted in on the mission and besides, if they attacked traitors and the such, it was the perfect job for her.

"Thank you, Commander" she whispered into his ear, leaning back slightly afterwards. She was playing him like a harp,

She looked at the troops around her, before back to the stallion she had around her hoof.

"So, now that this is all sorted. I suggest we prepare for some Wardens. It shouldn't be too hard to catch them, like you said before, they have to come this way to go anywhere. If i have your permission, i'll take a few of them and set them in a position behind where we'll ambush the Wardens. Having a few attack from behind will cause more chaos for them after all, unless you haven't already planned to do that. Wouldn't surprise me if you had, given you've been given such an important mission such as this one. But i'll stay be your side for the attack, don't worry about me"

She was lathering as much butter onto him as she needed to, he would be her puppet, for her to pull the strings off. An unfortunate fate, but one that fitted the pony all too well. But, he couldn't know he was, so she would let him take the credit. And all the while, she'd be there, in the shadows, watching. If this worked at all.

She checked a grenade she had on her, a smoke grenade. If things turned south, which she had a feeling they would, she'd throw it and take off. The lingering effects of it should disorientate any hit by it. Giving her the perfect opening to flee, should it be required.

Broken lowered her gaze and flicked it back and forth as he asked if He could join. Part of her screamed no as she followed and listened to Grym whenever things needed heeding. She was the healer and thus that dictated that she was under the fighters. At least thats what her mind always painted. Her eyes moved up to his again and blinked. That determination in his stare and his way with words played the weak mage like a lute.

"W...well...I...." she said looking around. The mare had left as she said she would so that was a plus, she didnt like shadow warriors at all. She looked to him once more. "I...I do, Grym is the other grey warden who survived and i would be happy if you joined...But if you have anything to ask, ask her...she...She is well...the better of the two of us." She whimpered. Her ears fell to her skull as she imaged Grym yelling at her. She sighed and looked at the inn. "She is in there if you wish to speak with her. Im not going back in, Thats how i got these." she whimpered touching her cuts on her face and blinking to him. "I acctually have no....no say to who comes...." she Squeaked.

He gave her a confused look, "You have no say? But aren't you Grey Warden?" This mare was quite timid, he didn't understand why she seemed to quake in his presence, weren't the wardens supposed to be strong and brave? "Well do you have a commander I could talk to then?" Hopefully he would be able to join them on the road, it was too dangerous to travel the roads alone, not with all the bandits and darkspawn.

Aselia was taken aback by the comment. "Well, sorry that I didn't feel like cleaning up after you, but I just thought it would be nice to not make a mess in this man's inn." She pursed her lips in annoyance. "Further more, don't you think it would be a bit nicer for you to speak politely to me? It's not polite to talk like that to a young lady, such as myself." She huffed a sigh and looked at the innkeeper, who looked slightly annoyed. "So then, where are you lot heading to?"

Broken blinked at his question. That was true, she was a Grey warden. She wasnt bound to an Absolute Chain of command except when Hathis was around and still alive. He was the one who recruited her after all. She Thought for a small while and Looked up to the big stallion once more. "Well ummmm........" She said softly placing her Hoof on her mouth and thinking. She trotted up and tapped his armor giving a small ping. She Stepped back and Examined him fully trying to look official but failing Miserably and Looking more like a School mare trying to pick what game to play.

With Her tounge stuck out to the side deep in thought she quaint nod with a Smile. "I say you can come weather or not She wants you to. I think your Suited for the trip!" she Chimed. Her ears fell for a moment or two, her cheeks blazed and she gave a small giggling squeak. "i...If you want to....." she Squeaked at her Upforwardness.

She Brushed where she tapped his armor to remove the scoff. Her horn glew brightly as she Casted a revitalization spell on him in good Favor and blinked. "Would you want to come along?" she asked to clarify.

He let out a thunderous laugh, "I would be delighted to join you miss Broken Sky, I am at your service, and anypony who wishes to do you harm must contend with me as well." Cold had once been told he was too friendly, and also that he was flirty, he'd never meant to come off as so, but if a mare was pretty he'd tell her so, he was a gentlestallion after all. The grey wardens would make fine allies in what was to come, which was likely civil war, coupled with the oncoming darkspawn, it was a bad situation for everyone involved.

Broken gave a slight squeak at the thunderous laugh. Her cheeks growing a few shades redder as he accepted her offer and vowed to help when things got tough. She nodded and smiled widely at him, he was the type that brought hope to those who needed it seemed as he was a soldier and all. She sat down and wrapped her tail around her hooves blinking warmly to him. She had made a good choice.

"im glad y....you accepted Cold." She said in appreciation. "When Grym comes out im sure she will have a merry band of Followers. Im l..lucky i snagged one." She Giggled and brushed her mane out of her eyes. Both of her fire opal eyes were seen now. She diverted her gaze, A Small healer and a Large warrior. He made her seem like a Mouse in his shadow but she preferred it that way. She was never one to reach a hoof out and Recruit help, But she took a chance on this one and didnt regret it at all now.

"S...so you are....were a guard for his Majesty? before he....You know." she squeaked trying to spark a small conversation. "Were you a personal guard to him o..or did you Take up rank with the Others B..Below his command? Like General frontlines ponies?" Whe asked softly.

As he began to respond her Horn glew a faint gold and She Carefully Worked on the claw marks on his face. Closing them up slowly and Making sure no infection had taken place. She Knew that they would scar and there was nothing she could do about that but at least she could make sure they were comfortable and Bypass the Itch that usually came with Natural healing.

Gossan artfully tossed his axe this way and that as he waited for the call for blood. There were many good reasons to make someone bleed, but few reached the lofty heights of revenge. Grymrose was willing to say her blade however. Gossan looked at her for a second, his impression of her diminished by the lack of strength she was showing in letting that stallion walk all over her friend, but the words she spoke made sense. There was a logic there. Logic must always override passion, a dog better than he had once said, for passion is direction less, and only the cold hand of logic can train it to be useful. He returned the axe to his belt and bowed his head. She was right. It was better to forget him than jeopardise the mission, whatever her mission was. He would see in Redcliffe.

Just then another mare galloped in and trotted right up to the group. Gossan looked over the newcomer with interest. Her words oozed self-confidence, yet she lacked any visible sort of strength. He wondered how she might try to stop them if they actually wanted to fight. In all likelihood, she would have just been the first casualty. Grymrose rounded on her, tongue sharp with sarcasm. The other pony didn't seem to take the hint and back down however, instead choosing to remain in the way. Her voice was tinged with irritation as she responded, claiming to be a lady, and Gossan shook his head. She was a member of the noble caste, or whatever the surface equivalent was, her words didn't come from an unknown strength, but from a surety of self that only came with blood. "Away from here," he said sharply in response to her question.

Archived