Dragon Age: Pony Origins (Private)

Cainiam

NPC Post: Bann Teagan

Bann Teagan watched the group as they approached, a curious bunch to be sure, but they looked well trained. The female unicorn at the front was clearly in charge. She looked tough, but at the same time she carried a sleeping pony upon her back which suggested she was also gentle. An earth pony of the King's army strode alongside her, as well as a pony who looked carefully dressed so as not to stand out. On the other side strode a pegasus, his hat almost offensively tasteless. Beside him was a short but sturdy diamond dog. Then at the back trotted a rather dainty unicorn. An unusual assortment, but they might just be exactly what Redcliffe needed.

As they neared the chantry the auburn coloured earth pony descended the steps to meet them. "Welcome to Redcliffe is what I would say in times of peace, but sadly those are few and far between these days. I am Teagan Guerrin, Bann of Rainsfere " He stopped as he reached the bottom, and they reached him. "Breeze told me that you plan on entering Redcliffe castle. I'm afraid to say that is quite impossible right now. Nopony's heard anything from the castle for almost a week. There are no guards stationed on the walls, the front gate remains locked and barred. A group of pegasi knights entered the castle a few days back, and not one of them returned. The castle is silent as a grave all throughout the day... but at night." He slowly trailed off into silence for a moment as he took a deep breath.

Teagan gestured towards the hastily constructed barricades as he continued. "I'm sure you've heard about the attacks by now. Every night for the last four days, evil... things surge forth from the castle. Some call them the undead. We've lost so many to the fighting. What you see on this side of the barricade is all that is left of Redcliffe. I've sent out calls for help, but with the Blight and Civil War on no help has arrived. I don't know who you are, or why you need to enter the castle, but I can tell that you are fighters. The ponies of Redcliffe desperately need your help, or we won't survive the coming night. Will you help us?" Teagan asked solemnly, all pretence of his nobility giving way to a blunt plea for help.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clover blushed at Grym's nod and followed the group as they began to leave. When Cold threatened her she blanched and stared at him, not understanding what he meant about a darkness in her, nor his implication that she had some dark secondary agenda.

She felt that his statement was in terribly poor taste and was horribly confused as to why he would say such terrible things. Cutting off her horn of all things? She had seen what her carelessness had wrought her when she's escaped and knew she had to be much more careful with her use of magic, but surely such an action wouldn't serve to do anything other than cause her pain and endanger those around her. The horn was the focal point of magic this was true, but it did not generate that same magic, the mage did. Without a horn to focus her powers, a magi would be a terrible danger to everyone around them for their magic would randomly burst forth when least expected! Did he not know such a thing? ( Clover disapprove's -10 )

She put her hood back up over her features for the remainder of their trip, and simply stood by silently as they came to the barricade of Redcliffe and were let inside. Once inside and greeted by the Bann Teagan, she looked around at the shoddy defenses and poorly trained ponies. Was this really all that was left of the town?

Cold approached and gave a respectful bow to the Bann, "Bann Teagan it is an honor to meet you without my father standing here scowling at you, I am Ser Cold Iron of his majesty King Shining Armor's royal military. Anything we can do to assist you we shall do to the upmost of our abilities I assure you." Cold had been raised not only in the ways of combat but in the ways of nobility as well, considering he himself was one it was a good habit to get used to dealing with them, but few were as pleasant to deal with as Teagan. The Bann had always been known as a pony of the people, and it would seem that his people needed help currently, which meant Cold would have to be a noble and a soldier all at once.

Grym watched the to stallions exchange pleasantries. They seemed either familiar with each other, or familiar with the procedure surrounding noble etiquette. Her father never really had the time to instill such things on her and her mother... She barely knew the noble mare, much less learned anything from her. What little she knew though, filled her with rage.

"Not all of us are as giddy to waste time as he is. This soldier is just a tag along body and does not represent the will of the Grey Wardens," Grym said, giving both stallions an expressionless look. "I'd wager that a few of us could fight our way into Castle Redcliffe and figure out what is going on with less risk to ourselves. With such a feeble force here, I doubt you would want to waste bodies trying to stop us from going there of our own accord. Should you all perish before we liberate the castle none would blame us. The blight and Loghain are my only concerns. Other than a bit worthless good karma from the maker and your continued existence what do we actually gain from providing aid?" She asked. If the sleeping mare on her back was any indication of their current condition, some of them were tired. Getting in and out while they were still geared up to ignore their aches and pains was the best choice in Grym's opinion.

Gossan spent most of the journey in silence, remaining that way right up until they met Bann Teagan. Gossan had little time for human lords, and he was fairly sure that was what a Bann was from the way he threw out that title as if expecting someone to be impressed. His talk on the castle was troubling. The town looked like it had gone to hell, but he'd hoped the castle wouldn't be the same. They had business there. What he spoke of was troubling for sure, but this was their problem. If they were too weak to defend themselves, why should they lend them help? The blight was a threat to Orzammar, and all of Ferelden. This was just a pointless village. He kept his opinions to himself, sure that the Wardens would eschew logic for morality like the Healer had done back at Ponyville. Like the Soldier was perfectly willing to do as he bowed down and swore to help. However the Warden it seemed was smarter than that. Gossan grinned as she spoke. "Small castle," he said with a nod.

Teagan was surprised when the soldier stepped forwards and bowed. When he dropped mention of his father it all clicked into place. "Cold Iron? Maker's Breath, I didn't recognise you with all that armour on. It's great to see you!" Teagan said warmly. While Cold's father had a terrible reputation among the Bannorn, his offspring were generally well respected, and Cold made quite a name for himself in the army. When Cold bowed a little and swore his help, Teagan felt a great weight lifted. "I'll gladly accept your aid, Ser Iron." These ponies would make the difference he knew it.

Then the leader spoke up. At first when she said she was a warden, he was shocked. The wardens were wanted ponies, but only a fool would believe Loghain. The wardens stood nothing to gain from the defeat at Ostagar, but Loghain's withdrawal was most fortuitous. He was already regent, and half the Bannorn were ready to swear their allegiance. Grey Wardens were as much heroes as pariahs at this stage. Right now however, they were warriors, and Redcliffe needed warriors. These warriors however weren't so willing to fight. Teagan was taken by surprise at the mare's stance. Her words rang true, but cut like an icy blade. Worst of all the diamond dog was quick to agree with her. Teagan could beg or plea, but her words just made him angry. She had the capacity to make the difference here, but she'd let them all die.

"So these are the heroic Grey Wardens? A mare unwilling to help ponies in dire need, and her canine sycophant. Hathis would turn in the cold hole the darkspawn left him in," Teagan responded coldly with a shake of his head. His expression hardened as he met her eyes again, and his tone became diplomatic. "Public support is very much not in your favour, Warden, but for me and my older brother it very much is. Maybe you could make do with just the Arl, but before the castle fell he took to a grave illness. Even if you were to find him, he might not have survived. If his son has also passed, then I'll become the Arl of Redcliffe, and I could be quite the ally. It is the Arl's right to call the Landsmeet after all."

He turned away from her and started to walk back to the chantry as he continued. "But if you still think you're that much better than us. Then you are right that we cannot stop you, but I'm positive that what occupies Castle Redcliffe now can. If you want to talk bargains, Warden, then I can reveal to you the secret entrance to the castle. One that bypasses it's defences. A secret known to only to the Guerrin family. If you were to help us survive the night, then I can let you into the castle a way that whatever's in control there doesn't know about." He stopped at the top of the steps again and turned back to the group. "I'm offering this deal now, Warden. All the political support that I can lend, and a secret entrance into the castle. In return you help the barricades hold for one more night. Now are the terms of our survival more acceptable?"

"Think of me whatever you will, Teagan, but your willingness to divulge such sensitive information shows me just how weak and pathetic you lot are. You need us and to get our help you revealed your ace. I'll accept your deal, but with additional demands from whoever you have left. Ostagar was not kind to some of us and we were recently ambushed. Service our equipment, provide a meal, and give Sky a place to rest; then we have a deal," Grym said coolly, watching the stallion. She looked over him, disinterested. She figured they didn't have much, but rather they have the supplies than the inhabitants of village. At least this way they wouldn't have to search through the bodies for what they needed tomorrow. Hopefully.

"If you cannot provide, I'll leave you here to burn. A corpse with a title is still a corpse and as a unicorn, I can say that this land does not love my kind. Having the world against me is nothing new. Don't think I'm deterred by a bit more fighting and the lack popular support. So you can take your line of inheritance and your titles and shove them up your as until your stomach balloons and you vomit noble oats. You're a stepping stone... a pony with something useful. Remember that." Her eyes never left his, she knew how she would react to anything he had to say, but she was curious for his reaction.

Bann Teagan could talk a good talk, but he truly had nothing. To hold over her head. All he had was something that made the task they were already doing a bit more convenient and the promise of his support which they didn't truly need. The Grey Wardens could demand aid from the elves and the diamond dogs. Fereldan would only shot itself in the foot if they didn't help.

Cold snapped to Grym as she spoke, rather disrespectfully, to the Bann. "You forget that it was the king, highest of nobles, who allows your kind to even be in our country, you need all of us more than we need two of you, you don't come asking for support and give nothing, you help Redcliffe, they help you, not an unreasonable detail, some of our families urned our titles by paving a road made of our enemies, you're lucky it's Bann Teagan you're speaking to, Bann Stalwart would not react so favorably." He'd support the wardens only do long as they supported Ferelden, and from what he saw so far this mare did not support anything but herself. Being one of the last leaders of the military left alive who knew the truth meant he had to keep the country's interests at heart.

Broken awoke when all the yelling took place. With a slight squeak she fell off of Grym's Back and hit the ground just right to make her cough in pain. At first she was disoriented at where she was. What did she fall off of? Blinking a couple of times she found that she wasnt by the wall anymore, she was laying infront of a building with large steps and beside her was Grym. She shook her head and focused, her ears rang partially.

Cold was harping on Grym for what she was and that unicorns were lucky that their kind was lucky they were allowed in the country. Then his words came to that they needed the others more than they needed them. She grabbed her side and slowly struggled to her haunches. Her eyes were heavy with fatigue. She pulled her mask down and looked at Cold, then to Grym. She had many questions on her mind and nowhere to start. She couldnt take a side as She didnt know what was all said before Cold said his side.

Her head pounded a bit, Grym had carried her, it had to be the only Explaination why she was even over here in the first place. She was happy she didnt yell at her and instead hoisted her around. (Broken approves Grym +1) She opened her fire opal eyes and stepped in between them, not that any blows or conflict really arose but she decided to do so. "I dont know what Was all said but this right now isnt going to help. Things are Dire, very Dire and we are all on edge right now. Raised tensions are already upon us...we dont need anymore weight on the cart than there already is." She said sleepily and winced as her side throbbed.

Grymrose couldn't do anything but laugh in Cold's face. Bring nothing? Was he unaware of the fact that she was a Grey Warden? That if she truly had anything then it was all pretty much forfeit when under their banner. Did he not know that every warden risked death just by going through the ritual to join their ranks? He was ignorant of their shortened life span or the visions she endured alongside her on nightmares every night. And that's only the things she willingly gave away, and not those she had stolen from her or never rightfully had. She couldn't care less about how they earned their titles. She didn't care how Stalwart would react; she hand two blades ready for any who would raise a hoof to her. Grym could only find amusement in the stallion's words. Cold had neither changed her stance on the situation nor said anything that would get her to alter her terms.

Her laughter leveled off into a throaty chuckle as Broken spoke. "You should climb back onto my back, I was just securing you someplace to rest while we handled minor minor inconvenience."

Cold smiled, she thought him the fool, but there was one thing that could be understood by all, power. He was firm on his stance to aid Redcliffe, "Well then perhaps we should handle things in a distinctly un-noble manner? Wherein we both drop our weapons, and then see which of us drops next? If that is your particular flavor of barbarism I can sink to that level, if you are so simple as to only understand the power of sheer force then we could test to see which of us excels most." He could keep going tit-for-tat like this for a bit, though if she did accept that could be fun too, he'd not had a good hoof-to-hoof tussle in a good long while. He gave her a big toothy grin, he wouldn't let her bully anyone she wanted something from, he was to protect the people of this country, not aid in their exploitation. His grin faded now, "Or we could talk about helping the innocent ponies of this town, and behave as though we aren't mad dogs."

"Assuming I took up such a challenge, I'd kill you." Grym pointed to her horn. "The moment you put your hooves up to fight me I would call my blades, gut you, and end all of this noise." Fighting was not a joke. It was something you did to survive, something one engaged in because they wanted to live and see another day. Not a petty competition. From the look on her face, you wouldn't have guessed that she was laughing a moment ago.

Cold's grandstanding may have impressed a foal or goaded an idiot but Grym was neither. It was painful for her to watch. She wondered why Broken would bring along such a stallion as him. It was as if the pony in front of her breathed for the sole purpose of hindering her.

Broken had lowered her head and closed her eyes. She couldnt stand this. She wanted to be on everypony's side and it wasnt working. It was constant bickering and stupid little taunts that began to wear on her more and more.

Cold's Challenge for a Hoof to hoof fight right here right now wasnt what was needed. She could tell that it was a Silly taunt but it wasnt nessesary now. Grym was just being Grym, Broken had tried to make her open up and become friendlier. It helped a little but it still didnt get rid of the fact that sometimes when she wanted something she would resort to Brute force and insults that would make your very ears sting as though they were laced with venom. Somepony's Couldnt be changed no matter how much you tried to change them. She just let it go and just accepted her rough personality.

(Broken dissaproves Cold -5 )

She finnaly opened her eyes and looked to them both before Sighing. " Cold, your taunting isnt helping here. Grym is just the way she is because....well she's Grym. All i ask is that you both just get along for just a few minutes please? You dont have to like it but Just try?" She squeaked and yawned. She felt herself faulter again but barely managed to stay up on her haunches.

She peered up to the one up on the stairs. "I ask that you please Provide us what we need and i will gladly help you. My fellow warden and i have gone through alot since Ostagar. We are all tired and what you can tell here....we are sort of at eachother's Throats. Once we gain rest and have a good meal im sure we will be more inclined to help you." she said in a friendly tone. Her smile was weak and Showed how little energy she had left in her.

"I can even Help those that had gained wounds from the nights before if you can spare a Lyrium potion or two." She said blinking, Her gaze was blurred and she rubbed her eyes with her right hoof before yawning again.

"So, what you're saying is, we're just going to leave them to die?" Aselia asked. "Do you think that the darkspawn will all just lay down and die at our hooves? If we help them we might have the beginnings of an army at our side, and that's what's important. Now why don't you two kiss and make up, and then we can go see how to better prepare ourselves for tonight." Aselia didn't want a fight to break out now, especially when we were in the chantry. She understood where Grym was coming from, especially when he mentioned that he was a unicorn, but she couldn't believe she was playing that card. (Aselia disapproves of Grym [-5])

"I can help scavenge around for supplies to help us for tonight, Bann Teagan. Just point me in the right direction and I'll follow." She said quickly. She wouldn't let a warden decide what she was going to do. That was the same reason she never wanted to join the circle of magi. Aselia certainly was glad that Broken decided to do something. (Aselia approves of Brokem [+5])

Cold gave Grym an icy glare, her overconfidence and reliance on magic was a crutch, perhaps one day he'd show her just who would win, but that day was not today. When Broken spoke up he turned towards her and gave her his ear for a moment, "My job, my very life, is to protect the people of this country, not abandon them, and certainly not extort them. Not to mention, what fool learns that a town is under siege and instead of helping looks to take shelter in that town? It's counter productive; I don't compromise, I don't give up, and I certainly don't leave people to die!" He was yelling at this point, infuriated at the fact that a warden was behaving like a common thug, and almost certain he was going to have to attack her just to get any modicum of respect.

Clover had been quietly listening to the exchange between Grym and Cold, seeing the good and bad to each side. She nodded in agreement to Sky's statement that fighting between themselves wouldn't solve anything ( Clover approves of Sky + 5 ) but she still didn't want to take either ponies side at this point.

However, when Cold began yelling at Grym about not compromising or leaving ponies to die, she snarled and spoke up. " Oh? Is that so Sir Cold? You swore to protect the ponies of this country, Is that right? Well then I guess mages aren't ponies then in your eyes considering how eager and willing you seemed to be back in that bar. And leading ponies to die by taking them back to the tower is hardly any different than letting them die! But enough of this, all of it. We are all angry at one another for something, and the current state of the world is not helping to ease our minds of our troubles. No matter where we go, we are bound to fight something, so why not fight here for something, and get goods and services, as well as potential allies while we're at it? "

Broken turned to cold and lowered her ears at his shouting. Her compassion was all gone now. "Enough!! Whats done is done Cold!!! Grym said what she said and you said what you said now let it all lay!! This right here isnt helping at all! This stupid, Idiotic Maker dammed Shi.t right here wont help anypony!! You know what.....Im done trying to play the good girl card right now. Im not going to stoke the flames anymore....." She snarled and forced her energy deprived body to heave herself up and looked at the group. "If any of you need me i will be going around finding those with wounds....Im going to go pay my dues..." She said as she pushed by anyone who stood in her way and kept her gaze low as she trotted off to find those who needed Aid.

(Broken dissaproves everyone -5)

Teagan scowled at the supposed warden as she hurled abuse at him. "I laid all my cards down onto the table out of desperation, and you know it. All of these things could have been yours if you had just offered your assistance. All this bickering has done is cost you my respect. We would have been happy to allow heroes rest, a good meal, and access to our blacksmith. Instead you stand here and insult me and all of the ponies of Redcliffe. Poor innocents who don't deserve what has been inflicted upon them. These aren't hardened warriors. Many here have never fought a day in their life. I shouldn't accept your deal on principle, but then we would all perish, and Loghain would surely win the Civil War with no organised opposition. After all you can't even organise your travelling companions, let alone an army. You'll need a pony like me in time, Warden, then we'll see how far this stepping stone will launch you," he replied venomously.

The group slowly began to tear itself apart as Cold turned on Grymrose. Teagan stood to the side as they clashed with words, and almost hooves. It took not one, not two, but three of their companions to prevent the two from coming to blows. Even though many sided with Grymrose in the particular argument, they also commented that the group should help Redcliffe, one of the unicorns going so far as to ask him what she could help with. Teagan calmed down a little as the others proved to be more charitable than the warden. "Thank you," he said to the unicorn who had offered to help. He then turned to Cold. "Relax, Ser Iron. You have made your point. They are willing to deal, and as amoral as the circumstances are, that just has to be enough. I thank you for your support," he said with a kindly smile to the soldier.

He then turned to the head Warden herself again. "I will accept your deal on behalf of the ponies of Redcliffe, warden. You have my permission to go through our meagre supplies and take what you will. There is room to rest in the chantry, or just choose a house. Most have been abandoned already. If you wish to speak to the blacksmith, then you might want to talk to the mayor first. He's the one over there with the leather armour," Teagan said as he pointed to a tan earth pony watching the training crossbowponies. "Some of the Arl's knights are also here. If you wish to learn more about the Arl, or discuss tactics, then you'll find them upon that hillside, overlooking the fortifications," Teagan said as he gestured up towards a hill with a mill atop. "If you wish to speak to me more, I will be in the chantry. Good day," he said with a final nod before turning around and walking back into the Chantry.

---

While the ponies were distracted by Teagan's final speech, the pegasus soldier that they had met at the gate rushed past, bumping into Cold and slipping him a small piece of paper. "I'm so sorry," he said, trying to sound panicked but he gave Cold a quick wink before rushing off. If Cold were to read the piece of paper then he would see two simple sentences: Meet me at the tavern. Come alone.

Cold raised an eyebrow at Clover's statement, "No, it's not my job to protect mages, that's what the templars are for." Broken had shouted something at him and he ignored her for the most part. He nodded to the Bann, "I'm sorry for my traveling companion's behavior, I'll do whatever I can to help around town..." Cold stopped as the Pegasus bumped into him, he was about to apologize when he noticed he gave him a letter, and a wink. That was certainly odd, he returned his attention to Teagan, "I just need to take care if something first, then I'd be happy to help." He gave him a polite nod and trotted off, once he was out of his eyesight he took out the letter and read it, he raised an eyebrow but decided that even if it was some sort of trap he would need to take care of it.

Cold had made his way to the tavern, trying not to look conspicuous as he sat down, casting a few glances across the room, "Who in the world would want to meet me here...?"

Gossan wasn't moved at all by the Bann's appeal. He was however by the Warden's fire back. He'd always wanted to say something like that to a noble, but he'd never been stupid enough to try it. Here though this noble had no power, and the Warden knew it. The Soldier however was not at all pleased about this turn of events. Which made sense since he was supposedly a noble as well. Only an uppity noble would argue with their clear superior in skill and status. The Warden didn't rise to his challenge however, rebuffing his rage with dismal. Gossan got a few good laughs at the clear rage on the soldier's face as he went so far as to challenge her to a fist-fight. Gossan would have loved to see her kick some sense into him, but she just deflected it once more with a simple statement that she'd win.

The fight slowly began to spread through the group as the others all seemed to round on the Soldier. The Healer supported Grym, Aselia supported peace, and the Archer just had to get a dig in. Gossan however had no need to interfere. At least until the Warden seemed to decide that they should stay after all. They didn't have to wait for the Healer, and their weapons were fit for another scrap, and there was bound to be food in the castle. There was no reason to wait here for the night. The castle was so close. They could be in by nightfall. In fact they could wait until the undead all left to attack the village, then strike while the enemy was weakened. "Why deal?" he grumbled at the Warden. "We're fit to take the castle tonight."

The moment the Grey Warden and her tram had entered Redcliff, they'd had a pair of eyes on them, hidden under a cloak.

Now those same eyes watched as Cold walked into the tavern, sitting down. The pony contemplated if this was the right call to make, after all, personal feelings shouldn't interfere with the mission.

He black-cloaked pony walked from their hiding spot, until they say facing Cold. Waiting for a minute to let him feel uncomfortable, she shook the cloak off her head.

Midnight looked straight to Cold, looking extremely unhappy as she lifted, wincing slightly, her right hoof onto the table, her crossbow level with Cold's chest.

"I'm going to ask this once, so think carefully about your answer...What do you plan to do to my home? Haven't you and your criminal Wardens done enough damage?"

Cold tried to maintain composure as Midnight say down, there was a very large part of him that wanted to pummel her, but judging by the crossbow that wouldn't be a smart idea. He softened his face a bit, "Midnight I'm here to help, and I believe my companions intend to do so too, the wardens are criminals only because the teyrn is covering his own asss. You believed Pike, I understand that, he believed Loghain, but he was believing a lie, sweet makers breath do you really think me a criminal? I was an officer in the kings army, and a dam loyal one too! I saved your life out of kindness Midnight, would the monster you claim me to be have done that?"

Midnight remained silent as Cold spoke, her gaze not moving an inch. But every world she listened to.

"You saved my life, and for that, I'm greatful. But it's like you said before, telling a lie is better then dying. But this is not what I want, my personal preferences shouldn't come into this Cold. I..."

She sighed, what if he was right? What is the Wardens were innocent? The thought had crossed her mind many a times.

"Fine...I'll trust you, you and your Wardens help protect my home tonight, I might consider seeing it from another point of view...but they do anything that hurts Redcliff, and I'll kill all of you...deal?"

Broken had gone as far as she could away from the group. The village wasnt any better concerning how the doors and windows were Boarded up here and there. Fear and uncertainty hung in the air like a stench that wouldnt cease to make your nose scruch in revolt. Many looked afraid for what was to come at night.

Broken felt herself faultering again and sighed. She closed her eyes and her horn glew brightly. Shrouding herself in energizing magics. (Rejuvenate) The fake energies made her cringe but she managed and felt like she wasnt going to pass out on a moment's Notice now. With a grumble she moved to the hill where they said the knights would be. As she moved along she saw a limping guard as he moved down the trail past her. "Um excuse me sir...are you alright?" She asked softly.

The guard looked to her, he looked beaten and bruised. His eyes scanned her as she spoke to him. "Just a little tired from the fighting....but i cant rest now...not when all of the others need me so...." He said wincing as his body gave him a few signals begging for rest.

Broken had moved closer and sniffed at him, he had some cuts under his armor due to the stench. She could probably guess that he might have a few bruised bones and possably a broken hoof if she wasnt mistaken. Although it was all a random guess she gave a comforting smile. "I could heal you if you wish." She said softly and blinked to him with kind eyes.

The stallion looked hesetiant and looked to her blinking. "Your talking about Potions or balms? Do you have any to...." He noticed her horn and blinked. "Y...your a mage....A mage..." he stammered a bit.

Sky nodded and blinked. "Im not an Apostate....i promise you....Im here with a band of fighters to help Redcliffe." She soothed him and stepped forward a bit.

The stallion backed up and looked at her eyes again. "Y...your not going to turn me into a frog or anything right?"

Broken frowned and sighed. "No i am not...i wouldnt gain anything from doing so and i dont know that magic branch if there was one...Do you want help or not?" She said softly.

The stallion put his hoof down and winced. Sighing in defeat he nodded. "A...alright....i will accept what you bestow." He said.

Broken smiled and closed her eyes. Her horn glew and shrouded him in magics. (Heal) after a second or two the stallion was renewed. His aches and pains dissapeared and his limbs felt supple. With a surprised look he smiled to her. "W...wow!! Thank you! I feel fantastic!!" he Whinnied and bowed to her. "I owe you one Mage!" He said happily and trotted off down the road to the village below.

Broken watched him and blinked happily. She turned back up the hill and continued to the Windmill above. When she reached it she peered around for the knights. She didnt see them, or she was duller than a box of rocks. She guessed that they were dealing with matters nearby and decided to wait for them. She trotted over to the edge of the windmill's Platform and sat on her haunches. She pulled her hood down and listened to the waterfall behind her as she peered over Lake Calenhad. It stretched on for miles and miles. If one was so perceptive they could see the Tower from here however a mist had fallen over the lake and stopped view of what was on the other side.

Her white and blue mane swayed in the breeze as she relaxed on the platform of the windmill and waited for the knights to show up soon.

Cold smiled, "There, knew there was a good pony in there, I'll do my best to protect Redcliffe, I'm not too sure how we'll explain this to the others though." He looked around the inn, this would most likely cause the others to distrust him, but he trusted them so little already that it honestly didn't matter to him. He stood up from the table, "Shall we get this over with then? Or is there a specific way you'd like to handle this?"

Archived