Dragon Age: Pony Origins (Private)

Cainiam

NPC Post: Ser Perth

"Ser Perth, and I must say that we are quite glad to have you two here to help us," the stallion said with a bow. "I'm sure both of you will mean a world of difference tonight. Bless the Maker for your assistance." He said earnestly, though still looking downtrodden. The knight looked between the unicorn and the dog. Perhaps they could help, but he really didn't want to pressure them. Still, his men needed him to do something... anything, even ask these strangers for a favor.

He coughed awkwardly into his hoof. "I know that you've already helped, and I'd hate to ask more of you, but it can't be helped. My warriors are a little demoralized, we lose ponies every attack. All we seek is a little protection from the maker. With that, my men and I can enter battle confidently, but Mother Lumina (Hannah) refuses us at every turn. Perhaps you could say something to her? Or... or since you're a unicorn perhaps you can whip up some magic or something?"

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gossan was good at one thing: fighting. It was the only thing a warrior was meant to do. If there was a problem that couldn't be solved by liberal application of axe, then he let someone else handle it. What the Knight was proposing was an odd request for them to deal with in the first place.. Gossan was still a Pup of the Stone, and Broken was a mage. The Maker didn't like mages was the impression that Gossan got from life on the surface. The request seemed like a lost cause already. She was a warden however, which carried a lot more repute. As long as this "Mother Lumina" could look past that. That was unless Broken did just know some sort of spell that'd keep them going in the coming battle. Gossan couldn't really know. Magic wasn't a thing in Orzammar. Best a dog can do is enchantments.

Ser Perth looked between Gossan and Broken, and Gossan just shrugged dismissively. "I'm here to fight," he said again to elaborate. He then turned his head to Broken. He'd pledged himself to her. Whatever she wanted to do, he'd stick with it even though the whole thing seemed like a pointless waste of time. The Maker's protection or a mage's spell weren't as useful as cold hard steel. Were all knights so cowardly they sought means of protection they couldn't even understand. "Your call, Broken," Gossan said with a nod at the warden.

Broken frowned a bit at the request and hummed as the knight before her stared with expecting eyes. She clicked her teeth a bit as she thought, "The Maker's protection....that is a very hard request...." She said looking to Gossan she gave a look of pure confusion at what to do. She blinked looking back to Perth. "Im not one to give demoralization but The maker is a very high diety...well he is the highest....I believe that however that something more noticable might help more than a blessing...You know what i mean?" she said softly and walked up to him, She saw a small nick on his cheek and casted a faint healing spell on his cheek. The cut Vanished without so much as a spark.

"I believe that the Maker is helpfull in all things....He brings the sun and the moon, helps flowers bloom, And Brings new life into the world. He always blesses alot of things....I dont think that a Priest saying that you recieved the blessing would be any different." She said smiling. "The strife to protect the innocent and do whats right is Moralizing already, You are strong and capable warriors and the light in each and every one of youcan be strong enough to Push back the darkness should each and everyone of you push for it." She chirped and blinked happily. "Thats what my Mentor once told me and i believe it with all my heart. Brotherhood is one of the strongest walls we can build. It can be strong enough to endure anything." She said calmly and brushed her mane out of her eyes.

"If you feel yourself faultering your brothers and sisters will always pick you up and help you. Stay strong and you will perseviere. (Cant spell!!)

She giggled some and blinked warmly to Perth. "I will be there as well to fuel your strife with an array of spells. As long as im around i wont allow one troop to die...." She said blinking. "If you can supply a few Lyrium potions? That would help me boatloads." she giggled and nodded to him. She hoped her little speech helped because she meant every part of it.

Grym nodded to the stallion and decided to went on her way. She as intent on finding a place to rest, but she kept passing up houses for no real reason. Eventually, the reason for her restlessness revealed itself with a loud rumble. Lifting a hoof to her stomach, the mare remembered what Hemlock said about their provisions. If she was to fight tonight she might as well restore her energy. The more she thought about it, the more her mind focused on the minor aches in her body. If she felt like this, how was Broken holding up? I'll bring something back for her.

The bakery wasn't to difficult to find and after tossing Hemlock's name around a bit, the locals who were tasked with watching the bakery let unlocked the building and let her in. Grym trotted about the interior, levitating whatever fruit and vegetables would give them the most stable boosts in vigor and whatever she thought that Broken would like and depositing it on a plate balanced on her back. A shelf over the furnace held several loaves of bread, and if the smell in the air was any indication, they were baked today. Now finished, she covered the plate with a clean cloth and exited the bakery.

Now that she had a plate of food, nothing stopped her from entering a random house. Grym set the plate down on the floor and curled up around it. Lying on her side, the unicorn reached under her scarf with a hoof and pulled out a platinum- onyx pendant. Her tail flicked back and forth as she hummed and floated an avocado slice into her mouth.

Midnight didn't shoot Cold, no..he had left her with more questions then anything, and if she wanted proper answers, there was only one pony that would give them to her. After all, she'd stabbed her once, what could go wrong?

It wasn't hard to spot the unicorn, she had a very unique figure and wasn't too hard to track either, entering a random house and closing the door behind her. That's when Midnight moved. She flew up, circling and landing quietly on the roof, making sure not to make a sound. The window took less then a second to open, and she moved quietly down the stairs, until she spotted her target.

She was lying on the ground with food, and what caught her eye was the necklace around her neck. Whatever it was, it was important to her, and as much as Midnight felt like stealing it, that wouldn't fit her purpose. She closed her eyes, she needed to be invisible.

That's when it started to happen, she started to slowly vanish from sight. How it worked, she hadn't the slightest clue. The pony she'd..aquired it from didn't get time to explain how it worked, she'd taken his enchantment from his armor, and had a profession add it to her own. All she knew is that, for a short time, she became 'invisible', or so she guessed. She'd never seen it from the other side, but if anypony looked at her, the light on the wall would be slightly shimmery.

She made her move, slowly walking up behind the unicorn who was seemingly very relaxed, thinking she was safe. Sticking to the shadows of the room, slowly making her way around the walls, even if she had eyes in the back of her head, she wouldn't have been Midnight as the shadows kept her hidden, and her walking, so lightly on the ground, not making a sound. As is the way of the Shadow, never seen coming, never seen leaving.

Eventually, after almost crawling on the ground in the shadows, she'd reached the position she'd wanted. Hiding directly in front of the unicorn, where she could see most of her attention being focused on a pendant around her neck. No wonder she'd got this far without a hint of suspicion, her target was probably in La-La Land.

That's when her enchantment started to fall off, and she would have from Grym's point of view, almost materialized in front of her. Crossbow raised and pointed right at the Unicorn's head.

"You try anything, and this crossbow becomes part of your body. Simple as that. Now, i'm going to ask you a single question..and i want you to look me in the eyes when you reply...Tell me...What happened at Ostagar? What really happened down there?"

NPC Post: Hemlock

Hemlock returned the unicorns nod as she headed off. She'd already done more than enough for them already. Restoring their equipment would give the militia a real fighting chance, which is all they could ask for really. He headed back over to tell them all the good news. A bunch of them were still drilling in the open town square when he walked over. "Hey! Everypony! Anvil's reopened shop! If you need your equipment touched up, pay him a visit! Looks like we'll be fighting with swords again tonight, lads!" he shouted to a bunch of cheers. This was the first good news most of them had all week. The ponies slowly returned to what they were doing as Hemlock noticed another new pony wandering down from the tavern.

Hemlock walked up to Cold. "Hey, you here with the warden?" he asked, even though the answer was obvious. "Warden got Anvil to reopen shop, your armour looks a little dinged. Might be an idea to pay the blacksmith a visit," he said with a nod, then he looked back to the drilling ponies behind him and gestured at them with his head. "Unless you don't mind giving these louts a hoof? This week's been hell on them, and pretty much all there fighting has been self-taught. The knights pitched in a little, but they're usually busy up near the castle. Fancy showing them a bit of swordplay?" he asked.

Cold looked to the pony addressing him and nodded, he really needed rest, but these ponies needed help more, so he trotted over to the large gathering of militia, "Alright you lot, attention!" He watched as they indeed gave him there attention, and formed at least some form of ordered line. "Now my name is captain Cold Iron, I'm getting mighty tired of saying sir and I'm sure you could care less if I'm a noble so let's get this in gear. Firstly if we have any barriers at the point of access, don't use them to completely block the road. Make sure there's space between them, this will create a bottleneck and force them to push in slower, making it easier to dispatch the undead. If we completely block the road they'll just smash it and we'll have no barriers at all." He walked back and forth, examining them all, "I can't make you a master swordspony, that takes time...but what I can do is help make you a little more aware of what to do when the pressure is on and ponies are fighting all around you." He pulled out his sword and motioned for them to do the same, "We're going to practice a bit and run some quick drills, hopefully this will make you a bit more prepared."

After enlisting a couple of pegasus to help move his newly made nets to a spot where they would be more easily accessed when the attack actually occurred, Tune spent the next little while scrounging up anything else he could get from the abandoned storefront. And though it wasn’t much, he managed to find a few nets that were a bit too damaged to actually serve their intended purpose. Dragging them outside, and with a few quick slices from his sword, he was left with several lengths of rope. He huffed, before started knotting them together, wrapping them around one another until he was left with two stronger versions of the former. Tugging on them to test their ability to hold, he wrapped both of them across his body, before trotting over to where the defenses were still being set up.

He glanced left and right, before noticing Hemlock talking to the other stallion in the group he’d come with. Politely, the stallion waited until the two were finished, before approaching the mayor. The pegasus made a face as he noticed how run down the older pony looked, and he gently gave him a small pat on his shoulder.

“Hm… well, I’m going to be the first to say it, sir. But I’m pretty sure we have this one covered.” He said, with his best smile, though he was conscious of how ragged he must have looked… he could almost feel his feathers twisted out of place on his wings.

“I mean, you have to see the rest of them to believe how well they can fight… and I think that with a little luck… and a lot of rigging.” He paused, staring back at one of the nets, as one pegasus explained to a group of them how they would be used. “We’ll have no trouble with some mindless undead… which reminds me… I’m going to need some help with these.” He looked up at the castle where the undead were supposedly coming from. “I’d like to rig up some platforms with rocks on them, somewhere down the path... it could put a dent in their numbers… and it could also make it so we have to fight less of them at once, narrow their path and all that.” He muttered, before rubbing his nose with his hoof.

Aselia stopped at the intersection between houses. There were so many of them, and there had to be something inside of one of them, but where could it be? The oil surely wasn't the only thing they could use, right "You have any ideas?" She asked her companion. "Where do you think we should go?" She was oblivious to the fact that her companion was staring at her rump.

"Indeed. You appear to be a fine warrior, we could not ask for a better defender," Perth said, thanking Gossan.

By the time he gave Broken Sky his attention again, casting some sort of spell. The stallion's face felt flush for a moment, followed by a tingling sensation. Perth reached up, running a hoof over his cheek and discovered that his small cut was gone. He couldn't help but smile a little at the mage's generosity. She wasn't done giving though. Immediately she went off on a powerful, uplifting speech. She brought up how knowing what they were doing was right and how they were saving lives should be invigorating and moralizing, how he and the other fighters were strong and would always prevail if they gave it their all and how their brotherhood was an all enduring bond theat would lead them to victory. In all honesty, her speech was cheesier than last night's gouda wheel, but the conviction and energy she spoke with brought him out of his dark mood. Needless to say, he didn't feel like doom was just over the horizon anymore. With new found fire in his heart he could return to his men and spread the burning embers to them to spark them back to life.

He was just about to that Sky for her powerful words, but than she made a strange request. A lyrium potion? What was that? "Um, thank you for your strengthening words, but I don't know what a Leer-re-um potion is or if we have those in Redcliffe... I'm sorry."

Gossan watched Broken thinking it over when the Knight complimented him. He glared at him for a second, thinking it sarcasm. Yet the knight seemed genuine. He hadn't seem him fight yet. Was probably just wanting him in his good graces. His cheek suddenly started glowing, and Gossan looked back to Broken as she cast the same simple spell she had used on him moments ago. She'd tire herself out if she kept that up. She seemed perfectly energised however as she moved into something of a speech. Gossan rolled his eyes, but he could see it was working on the Knight. A determination coming to him that was previously absent. Gossan shook his head quietly. Why words made him more willing to fight was beyond him. He knew what was at stake. What mattered if this Maker was watching. did he hope to receive a medal in the afterlife? Broken then mentioned lyrium potions, and the Knight seemed suitably confused. Lyrium wasn't common on the surface. Even Gossan knew the stuff was tightly regulated, every dog did. "Templars control lyrium trade," Gossan said curtly in response to the confusion.

Broken blinked a couple times, She forgot that not everyone knew what Lyrium was. She rubbed the back of her neck as her spell that she casted on herself for stamina and energy began to fade away. She gave a small yawn and rubbed her eyes. "Im sorry....i forget sometimes. Its the potions we drink to fuel our spells when our mana is drained." she said softly and shook her head to snap out of it. "I hope that they will have a....uh...." She said slowly dosing off. "Sorry....i cant just run off of Mana fueled energy..." she yawned. She opened her tired eyes, "I should retire to a place for rest...." she said with a sleepy smile. "Just stay strong and we can prevail." She said with a smile before nearly toppling and leaning on Gossan. She whimpered in fatigue.

It wasn't until Midnight spoke up that Grym realized she'd left herself wide out and been snuck up on. If the mare had wanted her dead, she could have done so easily, but she instead chose to reveal herself. The song died in her throat, giving way to a vicious growl. She had her and there was nothing that she could do. Well, that wasn't true. The scattered pots and pans, and other random little knick-knacks strewn across the home would all make excellent projectile distractions and open the mare up to a frontal charge.

Grym tucked her jewelry back under her scarf and slowly reached out with a hoof, bringing another piece of fruit to her mouth. Chewing, she started at her could be assassin for a moment. Giving the pony in front of her the answers she sought wouldn't hurt her at all at worse, she'd still try to kill her, at best she'd be left alone. She swallowed her food and snorted at the mare. "So, this is where you ran off to. You can relax, no need to point that at me. I've already decided to give you want you want. This encounter is on your terms, plus, I'm unarmed," she said sighing.

She tucked her legs in and focused squarely on Midnight. "What happened at Ostagar that we had a plan, but i'm sure Loghain ushered it in . By the time the wardens arrived at the old fortress Shining Armor's forces had won several fights already. They were just holding out for the plan that was devised to cut the blight short. The goal was to trick the Darkspawn into committing to an all out attack in close quarters then cut them off from behind when they thought they had won. To do so, they would need an enticing target, Armor, the Warden Commander and the best fighters we had were to be the bait in this strategy. Once the darkspawn were committed a signal would be sent from the top of the Tower is Ishal, prompting Loghain to lend the rest of Equestria's troops to ambush them from the rear and trap them between the two forces. We were going to use narrow valley to keep the darkspawn from swarming and taking advantage of their numbers."

Grym slammed a hoof into the floor, cracking the wooden boards. "Looking back on it now, the plan, though solid, reeked of betrayal. Why not have the Shining Armor lead the ambush force? D*** I was stupid for not realizing that sooner."

"Anyway, the battle began in earnest, and as planned, the darkspawn hit us hard, too hard. They had captured the Tower of Ishal during the fighting. Sky and I were the wardens tasked with getting that signal lit. There was no way we were going to get it done alone, luckily, there were survivors who fought alongside us. It was a long and bloody climb, but we made it to the top of the Tower and lit the beacon. They all cheered... but the sounds of battle never changed, I may have been the first to notice, but eventually everyone else caught on as well. The Darkspawn weren't being hit from the back. Ostagar quickly turned into one-sided slaughter, as we fought it became apparent that Loghain had abandoned us. We were just cleaning up the tower when more Darkspawn hit... after that. I don't really know. All that I'm certain of is that afterward I came to in the care of an old unicorn named Discord, he'd saved Sky and I from certain death. How and why eludes me."

Resting her chin on her hooves, Grym looked up at the mare. "Does that sate your curiosity?"

" I umm...sorry, what? Direction? Ahh... " She glanced around, trying to look casual and as though she hadn't just been checking out Aselia's rear.

She could feel herself swelling down below and crossed her back legs, trying to hide it. As she did this she realized it must look rather odd, and racked her brain for a good excuse. She blurted out the first good idea that came to her.

" Bathroom! I ahh...I need to use the bathroom, yeah, sorry, that's why I'm so uhh, distracted, and so that's...that's why we should...go...find one...and stuff... " She bit her lower lip nervousness and tried to avoid looking at Aselia for fear of her seeing through her lie.

She really did need to find some privacy though. If she didn't relieve herself of this tension building in her loins soon...well, she only had one pair of clothing, and washing clothes while in a group didn't give one much privacy, especially given how hard certain stains were to remove, and also to hide, as she'd found out while in the tower.

" After that though, we can keep doing important things like helping ponies and building walls and tending wounded with our magic, but I just...I really need to find a bathroom. "

Midnight kept her bow up, sure, the unicorn would tell her what she wanted, but she'd been her on the battlefield, not something she wanted to find out what tricks she could have.

Listening to the tale, she had to admit, if was a stretch for a lie. She'd heard the same story, and even see the army marching through Ponyville. At the end of her story, Midnight had completely lowered her bow, and was sitting down on the ground, almost biting her own lip in annoyance and anger. She had been in the wrong, she'd tried to kill completely innocen..no, framed ponies. She was just as bad as that who had done this to the Wardens.

"I...I'm sorry, Warden. I truly thought what Pike told me was true, but, the way you spoke about what happened, you couldn't have made that up on the fly...I am truly sorry for my actions before, with...trying to kill you" She sat there, letting the silence take hold. She knew how it felt to be betrayed sure, but on that level, she hadn't a clue how the Warden felt. Midnight had to admit, she was amazed that Warden had kept going. In the face of such odds, what chance did they have of success?

She looked up at the Warden, a unicorn at that, she was against Equestria with a lie branded on her head, next to her horn. Despite seeing the slaughter at Ostagar, she marched on. An inspiration, something she wished she could be like..without the death sentence looming over her head, or the horn...

She let out a small laugh, which escaped into a heart-filled one. She couldn't believe she was about to do this, oh fate was a cruel mistress indeed.

"Warden. I'm coming.. I'm tagging along with you, this Logain, he is a criminal, and so i will be joining you in his death..I know you are probably wanting me dead, and if that's the case..." She picked one of her blades, throwing it to the unicorn "Then pick it up and, kill me. But, if you want my help. I will swear an oath...." She walked over to the Unicorn, kneeling down.

"I, Midnight Blossom, In honor of the Shadows, I swear this oath to you. To kill all those in your way, make them fear the shadows themselves. This oath of loyalty to you, ending only if words command it...or death, take me.." She half expected to feel her blade getting shoved into her throat, and if that would be how she died, so be it. But, if the unicorn didn't kill her, it was a chance. Midnight had accepted the fact she'd die killing bandits, but now she had a chance to do something much greater. An act that would redeem herself once again, and save the world at the same time. Everything balanced on the tip of a blade, being the one the she had given her. She just hoped she'd be given the chance to prove herself.

He gave a stern but approving nod to the crowd as they finished training and running drills, "Very good, remember that if you don't use what you've learned then it's useless to you, and keep your heads out there, panicking never helps anypony." He had to stop himself from swaying in his drained state, "That'll be all, dismissed!" Cold made his way towards the blacksmith, giving the smith his weapons and armor and heading off towards one of the empty houses. As he fell into one of the beds in the house he let out a sigh before laying his head on the pillow, "Cold Iron where has your life taken you?"

NPC Post: Hemlock

Hemlock watched Captain Cold Iron drill the militia. He seemed to really know what he was doing, basically giving them all a crash course in being a soldier. He could tell just from watching that a lot of the militia were benefiting, not just from the training, but the fact they had some at all was giving them confidence. He watched the entire session from the sidelines, and when Cold Iron was finally finished he gave him a respectful nod as he passed on the way to the blacksmith. The militia all began to take a break, and Hemlock let them. They had worked hard and earned a rest. The mayor turned just in time to see the pegasus from earlier approaching him. The pegasus looked a lot worse than he had when he arrived. Hemlock couldn't talk though, the day was really starting to wear on him, but Hemlock had to look strong all the time for his militia. The pony patted him on the shoulder, and Hemlock looked at him curiously. "What do you want, Tune?"

Lucky Tune's first words made the older stallion laugh. "Cocky, aren't we?" he said as his laughter dissipated. "To be honest, lad, you guys are the only reason that might be the case. We'd never have lasted this night without you lot here, but now, now we have that fighting chance." Hemlock followed Tune's eyes as he glanced at a group of pegasi setting up net traps that he must have salvaged from the general store. He nodded approvingly. "Good idea. Give us all the edges we can possibly get." The pegasus then went on to ask for his help. "You want to set up more traps by the castle? We normally leave anything outside of the walls to the knights... but I'm sure he wouldn't object to this. It's getting late, we'll have to hurry, but I'll give you all the help you need. The militia is at your command."

Tune clicked his tongue dismissively at Hemlock’s offer, grinning at the stallion as he gestured to the pegasus who were still working with the rope traps, making sure that they were easily accessible when night actually fell. “I don’t need you entire militia, sir. I’ll just need… about 3 other pegasi…” He paused for a moment, then shook his head. “It is getting late though… and truth be told, I think most of them could use a small rest, yourself included, before they actually show up.” He uncoiled the rope from around his middle and stared at it, before stroking his chin. “Never mind, I’ll figure something else out really quick, and do that instead.” He extended his wings out, slowly stretching the muscles out before starting to hover off the ground, his mind already working out what could be done with the few coils of makeshift rope. “You should get something to eat, maybe have a pint… You know, make sure you’re in top form for tonight and whatnot.”

He smiled, before taking off into the air, looking for one figure in particular, though he wasn’t hard to spot amongst all the ponies. Tune landed in front of Gossan, taking in the scene before him with a low whistle and a small eyebrow wiggle, aimed at the diamond dog and the mare who was nearly clinging onto him. “Gossan, didn’t you two just meet? You old dog you…. Er… no offense meant… Once you’re done with whatever you’re doing here, could you come help me with something? Assuming these undead are mostly mindless… wouldn’t a few simple ropes strung across two barricades slow them down? They wouldn’t think to duck… so they would just run into it until it breaks… should add some more time to the clock. Thing is, hooves don’t tie knots too well… and I have no clue where the other unicorn is, but she looks like she’s going to fall asleep at any moment.” He shrugged. “I could use your help… if you’re not too busy.”

Aselia gave her new traveling companion a funny look and a turn of her head before speaking. "Erm...okay...well I think there might have been one back in the chantry...we could head back there for your...issue..." Aselia didn't exactly know what her friend was doing. It was odd and but she supposed she had seen things like that before, from foals. Either way, Aselia started to head back for the chantry, without any knowledge of what was going on.

Clover let out a shuddering sigh that turned into a nervous laugh and followed after Aselia, this time moving to walk not directly beside her, but close enough so as not to be temped to stare at the mares behind. It helped to keep her swelling down, but her aroused mind wasn't ready to let this go yet, and decided that being in such close proximity to such a lovely pony should make her awkward condition swell into full alertness.

She gulped audibly and slowed down slightly to better hide her problem between her legs while she walked. Once they arrived at the chantry, she very nearly whimpered as she got in the door, and began walking backwards towards the bathrooms while facing Aselia. " So, um, don't listen at the door, and don't come in, because that'll only make it worse...I-I mean, umm...just wait here! " She pushed the door open with her back hoof and slipped inside, then made her way to one of the commodes and beginning the process of removing the articles of clothing from her lower body.

Grym simply stared at the mare in front of her as she apologized and even going so far as to put her life in Grym's hooves and pleading her services to the warden. The moment Midnight finished talking, Grym grabbed the blade in her telekinesis and lunged. Grym was by no measure a small mare and was able to look most stallions in the eyes easily. Compared to her the batpony was a feather, making it easy to force her force Midnight on to her back and pin her down. The knife floated over and pressed firmly against her throat right at the jugular. Grym kept her center of gravity low, pressing chest to chest with her enemy in order to deny the mare any leverage.

"You've had a terrible lapse in judgement," Grym said, leaning in. "I tell you one little battle story and you judge my character? Little fool. Do you think I'm on some noble mission? Do you think I'm some sort of shining savior who fights all the odds to do what's right?" Grym cocked her head at the mare and stared into her eyes. She wasn't resisting, why wasn't she resisting? The unicorn's expression narrowed when she realized that

This pony made no sense to her. Why be willing to make such an oath. "Why follow me? You'd sign up for a ride that's almost certainly a suicide mission? I don't know what you expect, but I'm no hero, nor am I some maker sent miracle worker. My only goals are to bring Loghain to justice and to silence the Darkspawn. No means are to low to sink to if it means accomplishing those goals." Grym's gaze traveled across Midnight's body, she still wasn't resisting. Soon her eyes rested on the mare's bandaged up shoulder. This is where clover shot her...

Grym slammed a the hilt of Midnight's blade into the bandages, twisting and grinding until small specks of red started to stain the medical cloth. "I'm not somepony you want to associate with... " Removing her hoof, she also let the weapon fall out of her telekinetic grasp and took a step back. "But if you're so eager to die pushing my cause forward, I won't stop you from volunteering your body for the meat grinder."

"So, against my better judgement, I will let you live. My wounds are not grievous enough to warrant spilling your blood." Grym floated the plate of food on the floor beside her. After seeing what type of pony she was, would the mare still want to travel with her? On the outside, Grymwas stone faced, but within buzzed about. A nagging feeling that she was sure she knew about a long time ago made it difficult to focus.

Gossan was surprised when Broken suddenly went from energetic and excited to overwhelmingly tired. It must have been another of her spells he reasoned as the unicorn struggled to stay awake. He caught the mare as she toppled towards him, supporting her as she seemed about to doze off. He waved the knight off with a paw. "Prepare for tonight," he grunted before turning away, gently resting the tired mare against him. That noble had said there would be beds in the houses back in the town square. Gossan would have to take her there. She needed proper rest before the fight tonight. He would need her magic to keep him alive if he let his anger carry him through another sword again.

Just as he prepared to leave the hill however, Lucky Tune and a group of pegasi landed in front of him. The pegasus waggled his eyebrows and insinuated something very different had occurred. The diamond dog looked at the dozing mare again, then frowned as he looked back at Tune. "Broken is tired. I'm helping her," he returned flatly. The pegasus continued on with a request for help only paws could provide. Tune made a good case. The traps would buy them time, it had value to helping them survive the night, but Gossan couldn't just leave Broken here. He had sworn to keep her safe, and sleeping out in the open up here would leave her at the mercy of all kinds of threats.

The pegasi with Tune would have to take her back. He pointed at two of the pegasi, then said, "Here." The two ponies cautiously walked over, and stopped in front of him. He then gently adjusted Broken and lowered her onto the ground. "Take Warden to other Warden," he said to a pair of nods. The pegasi carefully picked her up and prepared to take off. "You hurt her, I will break you," Gossan said fiercely, and the pegasi shared a glance at each other before taking off properly. Gossan turned back to Tune and the remaining pegasus. "I'm not busy."

Midnight had expected many things, to be tackled down to the ground with her blade roughtly placed against her throat wasn't one of them. She tried to move, but her shoulder protested, her injury meant she couldn't do anything. She was a prisoner almost, any resistance might result in her blade in her throat, not a desirable result.

Midnight wanted to reply to the unicorn, but she didn't speak. Interrupting would end badly, she was in position that compromised her. Still, it didn't deter her, after all, she had...That's the moment Grym rammed her blade into her, she opened her mouth, but she refused to give her the pleasure of yelling in pain, but she let out a whimper. Her shoulder had been shot before, now it was in more agony.

When she let her go, she slowly stood up, glaring at the unicorn and putting her blade back into her pocket.

"You know...for a pony against the whole world, you seem very picky in your allies...I don't see you as a savior...All i care about is killing Loghain, he's a criminal, and i will kill him..Or at least, help you do it. I won't be a pony that is a meat shield, i can fight and probably get more done then you could in certain places..."

Midnight wanted to leave, part of her at least. But her oath, her mission, compelled her to follow. She was going to die fighting bandits, or fighting Darkspawn. Both would kill her, but the second, fighting with the Wardens, would give her some form of clarity.

"I'm coming Warden, either you like it or not. Not only my duty, but i have an oath. I may be a bandit to you, but i have morals. I will not leave an oath, nor i do abandon..." She looked at the food, part of her asking if this was a test. Was she testing her? If she was, Midnight had made her mind up, she was going.

NPC Post: Zelek

It'd been a simple job. An oh so simple job. Why the hay did it have to turn out like this. Zelek paced up and down in the random house he had taken refuge in. He had to get out of the town, but he'd never make it to the gate. They knew. He knew they knew. They knew he knew that they knew. The zebra's hoofs tipped and tapped quietly on the wooden floor. They wouldn't find him in here. Here was safe. There was a closet. A closet of safety. He just had to hide there. When they entered. It was easy. So easy. A pile of coats and he would disappear. He heard a door creak. The front door. Someone was coming. The zebra scrambled into the closet of safety and shut the doors behind him. He caught sight of the lone pony who walked up the steps. He didn't recognise him. What did he want? Why was he here? Was he here for Zelek? It wasn't Zelek's fault. He just had to watch the Arl. Watch his health. He didn't cause the sickness. He just told Blueblood that he was sick. Then he was paid. Or he would have been had this whole monster thing not happened. He had seen their suspicious eyes on him. They thought he poisoned him. They knew Blueblood was paying him. Yes, Zelek knew. He felt himself start to drift off when he shook himself awake again. No! No sleep for Zelek. Not until he was safe. Not until he left Redcliffe. He felt the tiredness returning and he bashed his head against the wardrobe door to dispel it, forgetting about the pony in the bed in the room next door.

Broken had fallen into a slumber. Her body was partially aware that she was moving, she was...flying? She opened her fatigued eyes and felt the hooves on her as she was carried through the sky. She slipped off again and fell into a soft slumber again.

The pegasai had taken some time but they were able to find the home where Grym and Midnight were residing in. They had pushed the door open. They grunted, carrying the sleeping mare to Grym and looking to each mare in turn. They sighed and struggled to get her to a soft place to place her which was on the rug that they sat on. As they set her down they didnt say a word, they continued out the door.

Broken lay curled up on the floor sleeping soundly, her sides moving up and down with each breath.

Archived