HOENN REMAKE CONFIRMED (No no wait--)

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/

GUYS. Guys this isn't even a stupid meme this time. It's on Serebii, it's confirmed to be scheduled for release in November (THIS FREAKIN' YEAR no less), and it's REAL.

Is anyone else besides me totally flipping out right now or what?? :D

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-gasp-eeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Ahem.

Yes. I'm rather enthusiastic about this turn of events.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's fantastic indeed but all those water Routes....<Shivers>.....

Also I hope that this time we will get...

- Proper Deoxys event (Really, it's theme is the score I anticipate the most)

- Steven not being one-time fight.

- Changing the Battle Palace. Good heavens, this place was horrible.

- World Tournament (small chances but maybe in Battle Dome?)

- Cynthia's fight-able cameo (Because best champion and all...)

- Better handling of rivals. Brendan/May stopped appearing after Lilycove City and while while Wally is possible to re-battle, his appearance in Victory Road was like Space Flea from Nowhere.

I'm really hoping that they'll change the map depending on which game you get. More water routes if you get Sapphire, nearly none (or perhaps none at all) if you get Ruby. That's what I want.

More like opposite you mean? Remember that depending of the version one villainous team will have more prevalence in the storyline. If there would be more land in Ruby then summoning Groundon would seem kinda counterproductive (because there would be already more land). The opposite would be the same for Kyogre. Not that neither Magma or Aqua see that problem - they morons after all.

And besides, lack of land would not work exactly because of Kyogre. Finding gigantic sea leviathan in some cave outside of....well sea, would be...strange.

There certainly will be some changes but I don't expect anything more then some White Forest/Black City gimmick.

I suppose I should elaborate. PERSONALLY, I'm hoping for the summoning/attempted harnessing of the legendaries to happen relatively early in the game, changing the map at that point. It's not the normal MO of the games, no, but I feel like it would be a lot more interesting.

Personally, I'm already excited enough that this is gonna be happening with the X and Y engine--at least, I HOPE they keep Amie, Super Training, and trainer customization. Or even just the former two, considering the protagonists are being revamped from their prior designs. >_> Also I really hope that the extreme weather caused by each version Legendary's summoning gets expanded to more than just the adjacent regions/towns. It was just so weird to be standing in an intense drought/rainfall with ominous music and citizens hiding indoors, and then Fly somewhere and suddenly everything is normal; kind of killed the epic-doom-mood.

...a part of me wants to keep my fingers crossed for Partner Pokemon to make a return, but I have a feeling that was a HG/SS thing in particular, so I'm gonna hold off of betting on that.

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys, according to Serebii we're due to get some new information on this around the 14th or 15th. Here's hoping this one will have a bit more information than the last, eh?

Changing their stats is unlikely. This is something that they do very, very rarely. The only thing they do, is extending some Mons movepools, or adding Mega Evolutions or heck, maybe normal evolutions too (hello Spinda,).

I remember the times when Arcanine wasn't that good competitively despite it's high stats, precisely because it didn't had to much to choose from it's move list. Now it's quite usable.

I'm looking forward to these games A LOT, but not for the reasons you might think.

You see, I've never played the original Hoenn games, so these remakes are going to be my first time experiencing this region. I am so hyped! :kissy:

Eeeeeee!! Welcome to the Gen III club, newmeat! :D

Also GUYS. Serebii just posted new Coro-Coro leaks, showing off some character redesigns and proving that Sceptile, Swampert, Groudon, Kyogre and even Diancie all get Mega Evolutions (or prehistoric regressions I guess in the case of the two theme legends.) Congratulations, Nintendo, on making me question whether I should actually pick Treecko over my original choice of Torchic.

Mega Sceptile, Swampert, Diancie, and Primeval Groudon and Kyogre were showcased in a recent gameplay trailer, confirming the leaks from Coro-Coro magazine. Also, we now have Mega Sableye! Woo!

Now we just gotta wait and hear if they keep secret bases and clothing. o_o

I hope they bring back the Pokemon Contests, Secret Bases (with functionality), keep clothing, and maybe allow you to shove clothes onto your pokemon (just because).

Who wouldn't want to see a Mega Sceptile beat some poor fool into a pulp while wearing a business suit, and sunglasses.

Also. Mega Sceptile with Lightning Rod. I think it's almost useless though... 1/4x damage from lightning based attacks when sceptile megas. Really... the most it will stop for you is discharge, thunderwave, and thunderbolt with lightning. But I guess a 1.5x Special attack is nice.... when ever someone actually uses lightning. Especially when he doesn't have the ability to raise his special attack by any other means.

Sigh... they made my favorite pokemon a situational case. But Dragon/Grass when mega.

I see why they didn't do it before.

Good Chunk of Grass's Type defences are now 1/4x. Water, Grass, Electric

Fire is now normal damage. Up the Flank Blaziken

Ice is now 4x, Luckily there are few ice moves and few pokemon that can use em.

And new weakness to Fairy.

New Weakness to Dragon.

So... he's now more of a Clay Cannon. Still squishy, but some elements don't really effect him. Really it wouldn't be so bad if his Abilities were something better.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE! Secret bases are confirmed to make a return! You can now share your base with others as a QR code, invite friends into your base, and even set rules to turn your base into your very own, personal Gym arena!

Serebii update: Mega-Diancie's Hidden Ability is officially revealed to be Magic Bounce. Coro-Coro magazine also promises what they call a "Mega Evolution Scoop" for their August 12th issue. Does this mean we get more mega evo reveals, or perhaps new details about ORAS' primeval regression mode that we already saw with Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre? I'm certainly inclined to think so.

... *crosses fingers to eternity in hopes of Mega Zangoose/Seviper finally being revealed*

Archived