Sports Bronies

Devils2666

How many bronies out there either play or enjoy sports? If so, which do you enjoy/play? What are you favorite professional teams? etc...

As for me, I've played a lot of sports, In high school though I only played Football and I wrestled (4 before HS). I've played Baseball, Football, Wrestling, Hockey, Lacrosse, Basketball, and Softball all organized and loved all of them. Baseball is by far my favorite sports to play and watch though. As for pro-sports teams, I'm a fan of all the Chicago teams (beside the white sox, GO CUBS!).

I'm not so big into sports. I play none.

I do follow pro football though. Also follow baseball to some extent, though I almost never actually watch the games unless I'm seeing one live.

Sports: The stories you can't predict. I don't watch sports as much as I used to, but I love sports. As a child, baseball was my love. How could it not be? The home team won 2 pennants over 5 years at my childhood's height. Minnesotans aren't used to winning the big ones, so it was a huge deal when it happened.

As a player, I've always had love for soccer, and always will. There is no grander event in the sports world than the World Cup! It's all about the passion, the nationalism and politics, the stakes, the history. As for the game itself, I see how people can say it's boring, but I can't make sense of how it being low-scoring makes it so. A low scoring game is always close. True, better teams usually win, but even down 3 points, it only takes 30 seconds to get a point. Soccer games are rarely over until that final whistle.

Football, Basketball, love. I like football's tension. With 16 games in a season, there are few throwaway games, and every playoff game has the potential to be a team's last. And the Super Bowl is akin to a holiday. Food, time with friends and family. LOVE the Super Bowl. In basketball, blowouts can be rewarding as well, as teams start to play loose and show off. I can't think of another sport that has the creative potential of basketball. Just look at the slam-dunk competition.

Hockey is low on my list of loves, but even then, when the stakes are right, it can be exciting. Playoff games are fun in ANY sport.

Every sport has the potential to be exciting, even if it's normally super dull (Nascar...) ♥ Sports.

It all depends on your definition of "sports". Possession sports are boring to me, especially football and soccer. Hockey is a bit better, and I do go to see a game every now and then. I'm more a fan of sports that don't involve massive teams of players, like motorsports. I'm personally involved in stock car racing as part of a pit crew.

inb4 driving in circles isn't a sport >>

EDIT: Oops, ninja'd. lol.

In basketball, blowouts can be rewarding as well, as teams start to play loose and show off. I can't think of another sport that has the creative potential of basketball. Just look at the slam-dunk competition.

You know, I'm not a big basketball fan but I guess I've never looked at it that way.

I love you. ;)

lol but you hardly know me :D

Don't worry, she hardly knows me, either, but she hates me :P

I don't play sports in a conventional sense. I've never had any particular interest in football, soccer, or basketball either participating or spectating. However, I am athletic and do hike and climb and shoot. For a while, I wanted to shoot competition rifle before real life got in the way.

However, if you count airsoft as a sport, I'm an avid player and technician. My squad travela to various events around western PA and we hope to some day save up enough money to go to a national level operation like OP: Irene. Google that if you want to see some crazy airsoft stuff.

I ... walk. I mean, I hike during the vacations ; I walk for an entire day and climb mountains. But that probably doesn't count.

Other than that, I really like dancing and fighting. They're also the sports I enjoy watching the most. I don't have the energy to do sport right now, but I will start after the vacations.

Growing up the big sports in our neighborhood that I were a part of was kickball, baseball, football, and ice hockey during the winter. For myself, I am a football guy and I loyally follow the sport at both the college (I-A) and professional (NFL) levels. Only have one professional team I am absolutely loyal to and that's the Chicago Bears. For college it is Notre Dame, followed by Northwestern, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Oklahoma.

i like Football, (as in REAL football, not that cheap unmanly rugby ripoff you yanks refer to like that trollface.png)

172395_10150098005113121_560208120_6166066_4304853_o.jpg

trolling aside, Spanish, English and Italian football leagues, Motorsports (MotoGP, F1, IRL and whichever touring-car race i randomly tune on Speed, Nascar bores me to death) Basketball, and whatever Baseball i find on (its better to play than to watch this one...)

PS: Football was ALSO taken by that time btw :mad:

If yall dont know me very well, you should know that I am very much into sports. Pretty much anything is fun to watch, as long as it's truly competitve. I also happen to be a huge motor racing fan. Sure, NASCAR, but formula 1 and NHRA drags also fill my love for spectation competition. For this reason, the cast character Madden is probably my pony persona.

Whether race car drivers are considered athletes or not, doesn't really matter to me. The point is that they are doing something professional that I can only dream to do.

Here are some of my favorite sports moments as a spectator:

Yeah, I like auto racing. But right now my Texas Rangers are first on my heart right now.

You guys see this highlight last week? I couldn't believe it! Worst call ever...

Skip to 1:35

It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't the bottom of the 19th inning. That's right, you read me right. They were tied 3-3 all the way to the 19th inning, and this is how it ended. It's a shame really. Oh well...

Also, I can't post a reply in this thread without mentioning the NFL lockout being lifted. Living in Dallas, you'd think I would be apart of Cowboy nation, but I have always loved the Broncos first. plus, the Cowboys suck and Dallas' fans are the worst fair-weathered fans I have ever met. It looks like Dener is gonna trade Kyle Orton out, so Tim Tebow looks like he's going to be given the starting QB test this year. Can't wait to see how well he does.