Ever get banned for Liking MLP?

GamerLuna

Have you ever been banned from a forum for liking MLP, having a pony avatar, making a pony thread etc?

The wonderful people at Facepunch just banned me for I quote 'MLP ****'.

I'm getting sick of this I always get discrimination but now outright bans.

MC1It5V.png

I'm one of those people who tends to let his Bronyism and his normal affairs intermingle a bit on the internet, and surprisingly I've never been the target of a ban like this. Oh, I've received plenty of flak for it from specific individuals, but most people I've dealt with either don't care or are Bronies themselves. I guess I've been fortunate thus far.

Trust me, if they are getting so upset about a show then you don't need to be there as those mods would probably be the same way with something else they dislike.

As for getting banned because of MLP, this is really the only RP site I'm on and the only other forums I'm on are for art sites. While some have grumbled about MLP being on said art sites the mods there aren't going to ban anyone.

Shouldn't even be on a such a forum in the first place. If the mods are immature enough to ban over a small reason, then there ain't no point. I used to be in a pvp clan in Minecraft, and I swapped to a Fluttershy skin. Sure, poke fun, but I was already solid with them. So yeah, I guess I can say I've never been overly excluded virtually or physically for liking MLP.

Then again, I don't wave my ermagawdcutepwnieseverywhere flag and membership card everywhere I go. Sure, avatar, maybe a thread if I can ascertain that community is tolerant or there's a sizeable few bronies there, but I know lines when I see them, and that's when I evade.

the mods there aren't going to ban anyone.

Apparently I now have to expect abuse on every forum I join. I got banned from catiewayne forums and the first response I got to my first post was 'oh great another brony'. Apparently we are not allowed on the internet it seems.

Well let me explain the issue with my anti-MLP feelings. I was on an art site that features anthro art (think cartoons like Looney Tunes and Disney and you get a good idea). Now while this site was open to many interpretations about what anthro art is (cat girls from Anime, animals that talk, etc.) when ponies appeared in such mass numbers there was an outcry by some saying that they should not be allowed on the fourm. The reasons boiled down to seeing so much of the fan art and some not considering it anthro art (which it is since ponies are a blend of human and animal qualities), but all in all it was a few loud dissenters that were saying how much they dislike MLP.

Now no staff was vocal about banning MLP, just some artists. And after the surge of MLP art had slowed down to a regular level the artists quit kicking up a fuss and MLP art was never banned on the site. But the moral is that where there is something people like there will always be those that dislike it, so go find someplace where you are appreciate. Like here!

The only other forums I frequent to any degree don't mind. NationStates has very loose rules that boil down to no Nazi stuff and SPS is the official forum of a television show so you don't see such idiotic mods.

• 2 weeks later...

It's just upright stupidity and light homophobia. If a male watches MLP and they don't have 6 year old daughters, they're thought to be mentally unstable, extremely camp/gay stereotype or, in one extreme case, pædophiles.

If the majority of us were such things, I could forgive two of which, and understand one, but because we watch one show and celebrate it, that isn't about robot monster trucks racing giant lizards on fire in space fighting super pirates, they hate it.

To those of you who are like that, reading this thread: Sorry that we like a show that encourages positivity, friendship, and happyness.

Prejudice and discrimination of a group of people based on arbitrary traits is what makes someone a racist, so yeah it's the same principle being demonstrated here.

Oooookay, lemme stop you right there and tell you all the ways in which you're wrong.

On the subject of racism, you don't get a whole lot of choice as to your parents. Your race is decided long before you're even born, and you're stuck with it until you die. You never get to change that.

Your race is identifiable by your appearance, and to some extent your voice and speech patterns. No matter how hard you might try to disguise it, your race is pretty likely to be figured out by anyone you come across in real life.

Racism is a terrible, inescapable reality for some people, and they have to deal with truly awful people acting in abusive, dismal ways. Unprovoked insults, presumptions, humiliation, jokes at the expense of dignity, slighting and debasement of a human being are what come around from racism.

Discriminating against loud-mouthed bronies, on the other hand?

No. None of that applies.

You chose to become a brony. You chose to start posting ponies where people are sick to death of posting ponies. You decided to announce it to people. You can choose to stop doing that, and it most certainly won't affect your entire life. Yes, some people over-react to the posting of ponies, and some people apply a lot of negative connotations to the brony crowd, but nobody is going to suddenly point at you and call you out as a brony unless you go out of your way to display it.

Don't compare your temporary ban on an internet site to an ugly, harrowing facet that affects people across the planet on an all too frequent basis. Simply accept that there are some places that are entirely sick of bronies being loud and obnoxious, and don't pretend you can shove your fandom in everyone's face anywhere you go. No fandom is welcome literally everywhere, and bronies are no different.

Oooookay, lemme stop you right there and tell you all the ways in which you're wrong.

On the subject of racism, you don't get a whole lot of choice as to your parents. Your race is decided long before you're even born, and you're stuck with it until you die. You never get to change that.

Your race is identifiable by your appearance, and to some extent your voice and speech patterns. No matter how hard you might try to disguise it, your race is pretty likely to be figured out by anyone you come across in real life.

Racism is a terrible, inescapable reality for some people, and they have to deal with truly awful people acting in abusive, dismal ways. Unprovoked insults, presumptions, humiliation, jokes at the expense of dignity, slighting and debasement of a human being are what come around from racism.

Discriminating against loud-mouthed bronies, on the other hand?

No. None of that applies.

You chose to become a brony. You chose to start posting ponies where people are sick to death of posting ponies. You decided to announce it to people. You can choose to stop doing that, and it most certainly won't affect your entire life. Yes, some people over-react to the posting of ponies, and some people apply a lot of negative connotations to the brony crowd, but nobody is going to suddenly point at you and call you out as a brony unless you go out of your way to display it.

Don't compare your temporary ban on an internet site to an ugly, harrowing facet that affects people across the planet on an all too frequent basis. Simply accept that there are some places that are entirely sick of bronies being loud and obnoxious, and don't pretend you can shove your fandom in everyone's face anywhere you go. No fandom is welcome literally everywhere, and bronies are no different.

giphy.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I can honestly say I haven't ever been banned from a place for liking MLP. On or offline. Although, most of the places I go are either Sonic, general gaming, or MLP-related itself. But most of those places have designated MLP areas, so I don't really talk about MLP outside of anywhere allowed, I have that much respect for them.

• 3 weeks later...

I have never been flat out banned for it, but I've seen people who have been; I think the only reason I haven't been on the sites I frequented back then was the fact I have a sense of humor about the fact I'm a brony, and usually don't bring it up. but on the same sites, I have seen people get banned simply for being an obvious brony; reason I stopped going on them. just because I was accepted didn't mean it didn't annoy me that others weren't.

Archived