So I was on steam chat...

I was on MLP:FiM steam chat, I looked over, and noticed that there was a forum.

I quickly investigated and I soon saw that it was a roleplaying board.

I sort of regained consciousness and saw I was typing this out.

Anywho~ I'm going to get back to lurking after giving a little quick snippit about myself.

I'm a 23 year old male who is trying to get his Computer Science degree. I've been from another roleplaying community, which I won't disclose since, well, that would just be rude. My steam name is 'Klondike Starflier,' and I don't really have many multiplayer games to note aside from minecraft. Aside from games, I like to play guitar and (sometimes) read.

Hello all! I hope we can have fun together!

Welcome! Hope you have fun here.

Thank you for that.

I've been looking through the Roleplay posts as well as greeting here and there on the introductions thread, and I was curious (That is, if it's appropriate to ask) how exactly does one engage in a RP? To clarify, I am curious as to how one would set their character in a scene, aside from very carefully. Should I consider PMing the Thread starter to ask if it's alright to jump in (considering public roleplays), or is it acceptable to just simply jump in using a tasteful method of entry?

Regardless, back to lurking. I bet the answer is in one of the stickies. If it's inappropriate to ask questions in the introduction posts, then feel free to disregard that question.

I haven't been doing this all that long either, but I think if the thread says it's "open" you're free to join whenever and however you want, so long as it makes sense obviously. On the other hand, if the thread is instead labeled as "closed" or "invite only", or if it's not labeled in at all, you would have to message whoever started the thread to sort it out first before joining.

I haven't been doing this all that long either, but I think if the thread says it's "open" you're free to join whenever and however you want, so long as it makes sense obviously. On the other hand, if the thread is instead labeled as "closed" or "invite only", or if it's not labeled in at all, you would have to message whoever started the thread to sort it out first before joining.

Alright, makes sense. Thank you for your help so far!

Welcome! Hope you have fun here.

Thank you for that.

I've been looking through the Roleplay posts as well as greeting here and there on the introductions thread, and I was curious (That is, if it's appropriate to ask) how exactly does one engage in a RP? To clarify, I am curious as to how one would set their character in a scene, aside from very carefully. Should I consider PMing the Thread starter to ask if it's alright to jump in (considering public roleplays), or is it acceptable to just simply jump in using a tasteful method of entry?

Regardless, back to lurking. I bet the answer is in one of the stickies. If it's inappropriate to ask questions in the introduction posts, then feel free to disregard that question.

Firstly, welcome to Canterlot!

I'm sure you already did, but if you haven't, take a quick look at the rules section, just so that you are up to speed.

Well, in order to Roleplay, you'll need to submit a character to the Applications section. Then, the RP Helpstaff will help you to make your character the best that they can be. Once you have an Application approved, you'll be added the the Roleplayers group shortly. Then, simply join an [Open] topic! Some bronies do like to message the topic starter before they post, which is totally fine. Also, some topics are marked [Closed], which means no other players should join, either because the RP is meant to be between certain characters, or because the topic has enough players in it. If a topic isn't marked with either, they are considered [Open].

Of course, if you want to start in the Crossover's section, the Roleplaying rules are much more lax. Your character will still need to go through the approval process, but the Application rules aren't nearly as strict for Crossovers as they are for regular RP.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like!

Hi! Good to have you here. If you wish, there's a space in your profile here for "Steam ID" (the numbers after the last slash on your steam profile homepage). If you fill it out, it puts a little link to your steam profile below your image on every post. Yeah, our mods are awesome like that.

I hate being late to parties........

Anyway welcome to Canterlot!

My name is BlindJester and I will be your new friend around these forums.

Everything in my usual greeting got covered so

I hope you enjoy your stay and welcome to the herd

P.S don't be afraid to ask our great staffers any lingering questions you may have.