The meaning of flowers (Ask to join)

franshpout

((Well I was ready to take one more lol. Make your post then and I'll post after once I have enough time! Sorry for the wait, guys, can't always be there doing this :/ ))

A slightly larger Colt sat by the edge of the flower field and sat, watching the other ponies chat, pick flowers and spend time with those they were friends with. He sighed and looked at the flower by his feet, a single red rose, he had searched the entire field looking for the perfect rose and taking his time choosing, of course he did this much earlier today, before all the ponies arrived. He was a very shy pony, to say the least, a nervous colt, and it made it very hard for him to make friends as he would rather hide in the shadows then go forward, so throughout his school he just sits and waits, just being a shadow. Though he doesn't mind, well he used to not mind but recently its been bothering him more, as his father is a Royal guard for Celestia and his mother works in the Crystal empire, meaning he is alone most of the time, only able to see his dad for an hour before bed and his mother maybe once a month, thats why he had to find this rose. He was gonna see her in a few days and He had to go pick out the perfect rose and then dry it out as his mom loves to collect dried flowers for an art collection she has at her Crystal Empire home.

(Been wanting to ask. Since this is a RP to help Stormchaser, did you guys want some help too or were you all just here for fun? Also Moonlite, it's pretty hard to interact with your character since he decided to stay where he was. Violet will not randomly go to other ponies just because she sees them. You'd have to make something happen for him to be noticed.)

The wind kept blowing gently in a continuous stream. Violet's ponytail kept being rocked by it. The young Starwind came to reveal her name after announcing that her parents were nearby before Violet could hear Sky's answer. Violet gave one quick look before happily nodding back at the filly.

Violet: My name is Violet Charm.

She would then say to answer Starwind's question. Now she could listen to him. She always had that smile. A smile of pure happiness. She listened to his short tale. She had never assisted to a race of the Wonderbolts, but she had heard many things about them.

Violet: Wow, second? That's an accomplishment! But how come I never see-?

Yet the young unicorn would be interrupted. One more pony seemed to have joined them. Violet looked a little surprised, but quickly came back to that smile of hers towards the newcomer.

Violet: This is getting a little crowded.

She giggled before picking the flower that was given back to her with her magic, putting it with the rest of them.

Violet: Thank you!

And she giggled once more before looking at the others. They didn't seem to be doing much at the moment. Well, Violet decided to look at the horizon once more, just to appreciate its view. It didn't change, yet just sighting it was enough to leave her in peace. She would then quickly peek at her basket. It wasn't completely full yet. She could give it a few more shots. Without minding the others, she went over to a spot filled with common poppies, a red-type of flower with a near black center. Approaching those, she would make sure not to step on them and as she did with the other flowers, she would do the same with those. Bending her neck down she would carefully pick one up with her mouth and turn back to reach her basket not too far. She would gently deposit the plant in it. This done, she would look at the others and an idea popped in her mind. At first, without telling anyone, she would let out a light laugh and her horn would activate her magic again. With it, she picked a few flowers up. Two to be exact. One was the common poppy she picked up and the other one a simple white daisy. The two flowers would float separately and head towards Sky and Cirrus' mane. The common poppy went into Cirrus' mane, next to her left ear and the white daisy into Sky's mane, at about the same place as Cirrus. Surely they would notice it eventually. Starwind already had one flower and Violet did the same thing as she did to Cirrus and Sky to herself with a sweet violet that she also put in her mane.

Violet: How about you help me pick up the flowers?

She would ask everyone.

Violet: We could all go for different ones, like the ones I gave you all! I need a few more to fill up my basket before I head home and I thought that since you all helped me earlier that we could work together. What do you say?

Starwind turn and stop pointing after she Heard her name, Sky was calling her so she happily skip over to him. "It feels like it been forever since we lasts talk sky i was starting to worry if something bad happen" said Starwind getting a little sad, but she got happy again "but now i see your fine and that's good what did you want" asked Starwind. Starwind notice something moving around sky as she looked at him but ignore it and she waited for Sky to say what he wanted. After a while she heard Violet asked if they could help her "yea i will after i hear what sky wants" said Starwind

"What are you doing out here alone?" Sky would ask Starwind before turning towards Violet. She always had that kind of smile, the happy kind, the kind that said 'Nothing fazes me'. Sky had always admired that about Violet, she could stay positive no matter what happens.

"Sure, il gladly help and thanks for the flower" Sky would say kindly as he waited for Starwinds response. After that, he would get to helping her collect the flowers.

Cirrus smiled as Sky asked what she was doing here. "I just got back from the Wonderbolts race. I saw you get second. Good job" she hesitated for a moment before adding "Probably better than I'll ever be!" She said, laughing a little.

She turned back to face Violet, who was levitating flowers through the air. Cirrus was about to ask what she was doing when one of them landed in her mane, right next to her ear. She smiled again, taking the flower out to look at it. "Wow...it's beautiful," she said, placing it back in her hair, in the same spot it was a few moments ago.

"Sure, I'll help," she said. Sky was right, it was sort of a friend reunion. She looked up at the sky. It was a beautiful day. She felt a soft breeze go through her mane, shifting the flower a little. She quickly shifted it back into place.

The colt watched a certian group of ponies off toward the other side of the flower field, they seemed to be good friends and enjoying the day. The one filly had put flowers in every ponies hair and told them to hunt out there flower color, it looked like a fun game. He looked back to the rose at his feet, "Flowers have a special meaning to everypony, they unite ponies as friends, turn friends to someponies, and turn someponies to families," he said repeating what his mom had said, "then the families have fillies and colts and send them to the flower fields and that's the way the circle of life works."

((The flowers your OCs should have are: Starwind: Chicory http://www.wildflowersofontario.ca/chicory4.jpg Skyzipper: White daisy http://deepintoscripture.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/white-daisy.jpg Cirrus: Common poppy http://schoolnet.gov.mt/tanti/FloraImages/common%20poppy.JPG Violet: Sweet violet http://www.aphotoflora.com/images/violaceae/viola_odorata_sweet_violet_00_flower_24-02-11_1.jpg

it's just to give you an idea of what it looks like!))

Everyone had agreed! How wonderful! To be honest, this was all just an unexpected event. This gust of wind from earlier might have scattered her flowers away, but it brought her ponies to interact with, at least. Besides she was in an environment that she loved. When in a place like this, you were truly seeing the best of her. Often with other ponies it's as if her happiness was overflowing on the others. Here in the flower field she felt calm, happy, alive even... And now she could share her feelings with a few others who joined her cause.

Violet: Great!

She would exclaim in front of them, smiling even more inside. She looked once more at each one of them, checking on the flowers they had gotten. She didn't just give them so they would look pretty, but so they could search for the same type of flower in the.

Violet: Starwind, your flower is called a chicory flower. If you could look for the same type, then it would be great! Sky, yours is called a white daisy. It is pretty common! There are plenty of them scattered around the field! And, uh...

Well... When she came to Cirrus, she blocked. She did not know the mare's name! She brought a hoof behind her head and smiled and laughed awkwardly too.

Violet: Ah ha ha... I'm sorry, but I don't know your name... But your flower is called a common poppy

She would say putting her hoof back down. Once again her horn would light up with the golden colored aura. It would pick the flower in her mane just to show to the others.

Violet: And this one actually has my name! It's called a sweet violet!

And the young unicorn would put it back in her mane.

Violet: And the flowers I gave you are everywhere in this field.

At that she also showed them the field with her hoof. She'd come back to them, giving them one more smile before she would be back off in the field to get some flowers. The sweet violets she had gotten were already all from the same spot. She had to change if she wanted to keep this place as beautiful as it was. So instead of this she decided to go to a different spot. She looked around a little and instantly would find a nice one. Violet rejoiced quickly and trotted her way to it, getting closer and closer to a young colt who she hadn't noticed yet. She stopped in front of a few of the sweet violets she spoke of and looked at them for a few seconds before deciding which ones she would pick up. Her eyes would scan them all and in just a few seconds she already knew which one she would allow herself to take. One... two... three flowers, four... One after another she would pick them up gently as she always did and would put them in the basket she always carried with her. A fifth one was coming, but as soon as she bent her neck down, her eyes didn't follow completely and stopped on something else. The young unicorn stopped in her actions and stared at the young colt who was in front of her. He seemed to be alone, apart from the others.

Violet: ... Hello?

She was curious at first. The usual smile she had went away for a moment, but it would quickly come back. She would smile up at the colt there. Looking slightly around, it's only then that she would notice where they were. The field was stopping here. They were on the edge of it.

Violet: What are you doing here alone?

She'd ask gently when she came back to him.

Starwind looked to Sky "i am not alone everypony is over there" said Starwind pointing Starwind mother and brother was looking at the flowers and Stormchaser was flying though the air letting the wind blow thought his mane. After she heard Violet tell them about the flowers they each haveand told them to find others like it, not having a basket Starwind decided to store them in the small pouch on her backpark.She walk though the field looking for her flower not been good with flowers she carefully walk around not try to step on ones that could be it, a couple times she thought she found some but it wasn't really "wow this is really hard" thought Starwind, She has found some but not much as she would have liked she made her way near the end of the field when she her violet talking to somepony, She looked up to see Violet was talking to a colt she didn't know, Starwind walked up to them "hey violet whose your friend" asked Starwind, Smiling because their was somepony new here Starwind always like meeting new ponies

((how am i doing so far with this))

Archived