The meaning of flowers (Ask to join)

franshpout

(I guess I can take people, but not too many! This is a RP to help out Stormchaser and some others if they want to. Go check the thread to know what this is about. http://www.canterlot...oking-for-help/ The RP is a simple slice of life. I'm putting music which you should listen to as you read the post ^_^)

http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=8skr4iV2C14

In the midst of the afternoon, the sun had already gone past its highest point in the sky, now slowly starting to set, leaving a sky tainted with a mix of an orange and blue colors. As for the sky itself, it was clear of all clouds. Truly, today had been a wonderful day, so far. Very calm, yet busy. The ponies followed their usual routines while some others found the time to enjoy themselves at other things.

At a certain spot right outside of the city lied a field where many different flowers were growing. The green of the grass mixed itself well with the different colors the lively plants had to offer. Pink, yellow, white, blue, red and even purple. This field could be accessed by anyone, though those from Ponyville were the ones who accessed it the most for the simple reason that it was right next to the town. Compared to the Everfree Forest which was also near this quiet town, this field was the complete opposite of it. No creatures came to cause trouble, here. It was a place of wonders, which allowed anyone to come and rest their mind.

A few ponies were already there, adults and children. The foals liked to run around and play while some others would rather pick up the pretty flowers. Adults liked to lay down and feel the grass caress their coats instead and watch their young ones have a good time.

One young unicorn among this small crowd was there too, minding her own things. A basket halfway fulled with some of the plants from the field. Of course, the unicorn was wise enough to gather them from different spots to avoid deflowering the field and leaving empty holes. In the background, between the birds chipping and the cicadas singing, she could hear the other foals having the best of times. She liked to take a pause from what she was doing only to look at them for a while. Their happiness was hers as well. She'd giggle some while watching them and would resume her flower picking. Bending her neck down, the young white unicorn would gently put a stem in her mouth on which she would carefully pull to pick up a sweet violet, which she would then carry to her basket to put it with the rest of the flowers. She would continue like this with just a few more before her horn would give a glow of a golden color. The same aura would appear around the basket and would levitate it off the ground. The young unicorn carried it with her through the grass and found herself a nice spot where she could put the flowery basket down, and then herself. She'd lie down in the grass to take a longer pause this time, and she would take this time to observe what was ahead of her. The field seemed to shine with the sun reflecting off of the petals and leaves from the plants.

And then without expecting it, the wind began to blow. It created wave effects throughout the grass, the reflection from the sun playing in it as the plants danced. It was soft and gentle... The unicorn could feel the wind caress her visage and her ponytail mane was being carried slightly along with it. It continued to go and blow some, until one strong gust of wind would lift up and take her by surprise. In a reflex she closed her eyes and curled her head in very slightly as if to protect herself, and unfortunately for her, the wind also took with it a few flowers from her basket. She noticed it right away, her mouth opened to leave out a gasp.

Violet: The flowers!

Starwind and her family was going to the flower field to enjoy it and the setting sun then rising of the glorious Moon. They got there and set down Starwind went a bit away and settled up her telescope because in a little bit the moon and stars will be out and she enjoys stargazeing. Every now and then she look though it but not at the sun because that would be dangerous she had it pointed to a cloud she did this so she can focus it so it is all set went its time. She has got the focus correct then a heavy gust came and soon after she saw flowers flying Starwind look out of her telescope towards that direction and saw a white unicorn chaseing after them. 'i should go help her' thought Starwind after that Starwind when over to her "here let me help" said Starwind as she also use her yellow magic area to grab some of them

(Ima use sky, he is better for SOL Rp's, and im right to say at this point Sky and Violet know each other?)

Sky was walking through the city(Where is this?) after a long race he had just had. Sky had just raced the Wonderbolts, and he had managed to barely slip into second. Sky remembered the whole thing from start to finish, how could he not? He had raced the WONDERBOLTS, and had managed to come Second. Thats a pretty good accomplishment for any Pegasus. Sky would sigh as he kept walking. It would take him two minutes before he made his mind up where he wanted to go. Sky decided to head over to the flower field, though once he was their he saw what he did not expect.

Sky saw flowers get blown straight out of a fillies basket. The moment they left sky would flap his wings, catchign the flowers in a matter of seconds. Sky would then come to the ground to give the flowers back, though who he saw their was a big surprise.

"Hey Violet" Sky would say with a slight blush though it was unnoticeable and a slight stutter in his voice.

((Icy you can come in, yes. Just letting you know it's a slice of life type of RP, so don't expect mega stuff to happen XD. And I'm not taking anymore persons now! Else it makes things really complicated. Now if I may;

@Stormchaser Well yes, this post length is already a good start for regular posts! Although, I do believe that introductions are always the longest. They introduce the character to the world where it begins and you always have more to say on a general aspect. Now the challenge would be to try and keep this post length for your next ones.

Next, you interacted with what was given too. That's good. Starwind even saw it through her telescope, I liked that. Honestly for now I don't have much to say, I think that for practice it was pretty good.

Only aspect that truly bothered me, and please take no offense, was the grammar. Sure, I can pay no mind to some spelling mistakes and misused verb tenses, but the punctuation is important. Periods and commas are often used in sentences. For example: ''They got there and set down Starwind went a bit away and settled up her telescope because in a little bit the moon will be out and she enjoys stargazeing.'' You should use the commas ( , ) and in this sentence it's lacking a period ( . ) which are important to have. Commas pretty much allow small pauses when you read something. Same for periods. They tell when a sentence ends. Here's what your sentence above should have been like instead:

''They got there and set down. Starwind went a bit away and settled up her telescope because in a little bit the moon will be out and she enjoys stargazeing.''

I added one period and it gives me a break when I read. So far there are some sentences which lack the period. I think I'll leave it at this for the moment because it's getting late here and should head to bed soon... M'kay next.

@RDD I did a mistake apparently, saying ''city'' instead of ''town''. Ponyville is a town and not a city, after all... But if you needed to know, then the key phrase was this: This field could be accessed by anyone, though those from Ponyville were the ones who accessed it the most for the simple reason that it was right next to the town.

Also you are correct to say that Sky and Violet know each other lol. From now on they should always know each other in the different RPs they are both in. Same with Seria and Glady.

@Icytone I will post on this one and you can enter the next round!

And just a general mention! I just want to state that Violet's magic aura is indeed the real color of gold and not close to it! It's not yellow, it's gold XD))

Indeed, the young unicorn had gotten up and chased the fleeing flowers, making use of her magic to catch a few, yet the wind had mostly scattered them through the air. Violet could not go in every directions all at once. Unexpectedly, one younger unicorn had joined the cause and helped out, also making use of her magic. As she noticed, Violet stopped in her track, holding the caught flowers in the air. She watched the younger one do her tricks. It was rather sudden and Violet was surprised, but it surely was appreciated. Before she could even thank her, though, another pony came to help them. He was fast, flying through the air and catching the colorful plants that the wind stole.

Violet watched him doing so. She caught a glimpse of his colors, but he was too fast. It's when he landed and came to her that she could recognize him. She smiled up realizing and went towards him happily as he greeted her.

Violet: Sky!

Saying his name she did not really pay attention or notice the stuttering of his voice. She would also pick up the flowers he gathered before levitating them all into the basket behind her.

Violet: Thank you, it's really appreciated!

The filly giggled after, turning around to switch the grasp of her magic to the whole basket which would come float down next to her. She would turn around towards Sky, smiling one more time before turning towards the other young helper.

Violet: And thanks to you too, I appreciate it. You can keep one if you like!

She'd gently say to the younger one. Violet had offered a flower to this filly. She could pick one of any color. Red, purple, blue, pink, orange, white, yellow! They were all so very beautiful too, all in a good shape, no petal missing. Violet always picked them carefully and wisely. She would then straighten herself up, looking at the horizon for a second and would drift back to the two others right away, mostly Sky who she knew better.

Violet: I came to pick up a few flowers for my mother. We're trying to make a bigger garden again. We pick up a few flowers that have grown enough and extract their seeds before planting them in our soil.

Her face would show a hint of sadness after she said that, but it was not long before she came back with a smile.

Violet: It's not always a success, but we try! We try our best all the time to make it a beautiful garden.

She would pause, pulling out another smile.

Violet: What brings you here anyway? Don't you think that this field is magnificent? Picking up flowers here might just be one of the things I love the most. During the day or even at this time, it's so beautiful.

She would then quickly realize something. The young filly with them was not with her parents for the moment, or at least Violet couldn't tell who they were from here. She needed to make sure.

Violet: Oh, aren't your parents somewhere around here? Maybe you should make sure they know you're here.

She would tell her with a small nod before returning to Sky to who she had asked a question, now leaving him the time to answer.

((yea yours is gold i get that :blush: but mine is yellow :D and i know that they are totally different :) ))

Starwind collect as many as she could as she was grabbing on in her magic a pegasus flew by , Starwind hasn't see him before but he still seems familiar she got lost in thought 'where have i seen him before hmmm'. Starwind was brought back went she heard the other unicorn call him Sky then she realize it was daddy's friend. Starwind carry her flowers and put them in the basket the other was carrying after she did she listen in talk for a bit, then the other unicorn said that Starwind could pick a flower, she looked at them and picked a blue one she grab it in her magic and place it in her mane she place it right next to her ear the best she could not being able to see where she placeing it. Starwind heards the other unicorn talking bur is so focus on the flower placement she wasn't listening, then she heard the unicorn talking to her about where her parents are "yea there are here right over there" said Starwind pointing with her hoof to them, after thinking for a bit "oh yea my name is Starwind by the way what is yours" asked Starwind

((Ah what the heck, I'll do this. And I'm going to assume Cirrus would know Sky and possibly Starwind, okay?))

Cirrus happily flew into town. She had just gotten back from watching a race in Cloudsdale. It had taken her forever to get the tickets, but it was worth it! She had come to watch her friend Sky challenge the Wonderbolts, and he came in second place! Cirrus sighed, closing her eyes as she landed on a cloud above the park. She was tired, but wasn't sure why...

Cirrus slowly fell asleep, feeling a gust of wind in her fur. However, just as she drifted off, she felt something land on her head. She woke up, bolting upright.

"Gah! what the-" She started to say, but was cut off as a flower floated down, landing gently in front of her hooves. "How did this get up here?" She womdered looking down at the park below her. The first thing she noticed were a couple of fillies and Sky trying to catch a bunch of flowers that were floating through the air. Cirrus scooped up the flower that had landed on her with a hoof and looked down at it. It was very beautiful. I'll go return it, she thought as she flew down to the ponies, now recognizing one of the fillies as Starwind. She saw a white filly with a basket and handed the flower to her. "Here, I think you missed one," she said, smiling.

((Just to make sure, Violet would be about 14 years old in human age. That's why I prefer to give a number rather than an adjective like "young" or "older" then say filly, teen or adult. With a number you can at least know what kind of behavior to expect a little.))

(Ok cool, and Storm, Sky would not know Starwind, though he would have known about her. Like he met her when she was a baby, not at the current age)

Sky would manage a slight chuckle as Violet quickly asked him what he had been doing here. It was just like her to be all quick like that, especially when she was not really thinking much.

"Any day Violet, and im here after a big race. I managed to come second against the Wonderbolts, i always relax here after a big race"

Sky would smile as his slight blush disappeared. That was when he noticed Starwind, Storms child. He remembered back when she was a baby, she had been so adorable. Now, she was just the same though taller.

"Hey Starwind, come over here" Sky would say to her before hearing a voice behind him.

Here, I think you missed one,"

Sky turned around only to see his friend Cirrus their. Sky would laugh, it was like a little friend reunion.

"Hey cirrus, what you doin here pal?"

((RDD says Sky would not know Starwind, though he would have known about her. Like he met her when she was a baby, not at the current age) but later in his post he says her name yea he could know her name but if you how would he knows what she looks like went she looked like this http://atnezau.devia...ep-279507470��i am just trying to understand this with Sky and Stormchaser being good friends i am position that Starwind would know sky and sky would know Starwind))

((I'm on the computer and checking around, but posting for me takes time and I have friends over at the moment... soooo busy busy XD. I guess we should try to keep a turn order too since, in my opinion, it helps to follow the RP better. Turns taken in order would be:

Me

Stormchaser

RDD

Smiley

Icytone (if she still wants to join) ))

Archived