Abandoned RP (Closed! We're restarting!)

Noedig

Before we begin, for newcomers, none of you know who Noedig, my character, is, so I'll try to be as brief and clear as possible!

post-1365-0-57937400-1411659256_thumb.gi --- post-1365-0-86737800-1411659280_thumb.gi
This is Noedig, a solitary man from another dimension of Earth you know.
At 4 years of age, his parents and him were caught in an accident, a toxic waste barge crashed near them. The parent protected their little boy as a shield from the explosion and toxic liquids. Sadly, the parents died in their protection, that saved their boy from instant harm.
But alas, the toxic material went through his lungs, causing a hard time breathing overtime. An emergency ambulance came quickly as possible to find any survivors.
The only victims were the boy and his family, they picked him up immediately for medical attention.
They found out he's been exposed to the toxic liquid's fumes, so they took him to a medical lab.
The doctors and scientists there have been informed about the incident before they arrived, so they prepared for examinations and test results.
The boy has been through all the tests and examinations thoroughly, they found no legal way to save him. The only thing that could have saved him was to super-form him.
During historical wars, they have used test subjects to enhance combat strength and mental reflexes, they found out it was a 14/100 chance to successfully not driving them insane and die a few days after the test...
They banished the practice of human enhancements, anyone who's committed it would be temporary banished from their home dimension to live in another one, if any test subjects have died, whether willingly or not, they will be executed. A lot of doctors were afraid of that punishment...
But not for these people, they wanted to save the boy no matter what... so, they've done their own human experiments.
With not much time, they started inventing a solution.
After they have finished, they injected hourly dosages of their solution for 5 hours.
After that, they immediately went for examinations... the boy was in a stable condition!
Relieved that they saved him, they celebrated among the group... only to find the federal surrounding them as they did...
They have been arrested, courted, and judged 25 years of solitude in another dimension.
As for the boy.... they banished him for an eternity until he found his own way back home...
From that point on, the boy taken to another dimension whose time a little before the Crusaders existed in its time and lived in it.
Raised by Israelite nomads, he was given the name Noedig. Never knew anything about himself or his parents.
By the time he aged 35, he was contacted by the same group who saved him from the toxic incident. He immediately recalled what happened!
They gave him a proposition... to work with them as a "supervisor" for the dimension, they say there's serious paradoxical incidents occurring in the dimension. He asked how it'll work, they said they would activate his enhancements if he agreed...
He recalls the experimentation that took 5 hours of dosage, so he figured what they meant.
But... the catch for working with them is a completely solitary life with little to no friends in contact.
He accepted prudently... he was honored to work for the greater good.
With his powers activated, it increased his longevity to only 3 millenniums, permanent long and short term memory, and electrical manipulation and creating it.
Since then, he has been working with them for quite some time.

This is the briefest I could explain about his beginning life. You may find out more through out this RP. You can also PM me about it if you'd like! Now let's begin!

Knowing not where he is, one second he was in his home, ready to leave for a mission in foreign territory, all of the sudden, he is in foreign territory. But this foreign place is more foreign than the most foreign place he's ever been in.
He slowly looks to his left, then slowly to his right, and back straight forward... there's nothing but strange forest for miles to see...
"..... By God's Holy of Holy..." He said, slighting quivering, "... what in the actual Hell happened to me?"
A slight footstep was heard behind Noedig, he quickly turned 'round taking out a long, thicker structure of a katana from his back side... What he saw he couldn't comprehend...
A couple of ponies, 4 to be specific, wearing strange clothing, like casual clothing or something like it. They were a bit frightened by his sword.
"Wh... What is this?" He said, speechless to say anything else. He wanted to know what happened to him...

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tehengu was taking a leisurely flight over the forest, enjoying nature and what it had to offer him. He was only wearing his bandanna, which covered his bad eye. These kinds of days were always good, no work, no responsibilities, just relaxation. He flipped onto his back and stared up at the sky as he pushed his large body lazily along. He looked over his shoulder at the sound of a voice that sounded thoroughly confused. What he saw caused him to stop in place and simply hover as he flipped back over and regarded the scene with his one good eye. There was a group of scared-looking ponies facing a solitary figure with a sword. The griffon tilted his head as he realized he had no idea what the sword-wielding figure was in terms of it's species. It was standing on tow legs, but it didn't fit into any of the species that he knew of that could do that. He landed behind the figure before speaking.

"What're you doing?" He asked simply, staring at the creature before him. "For that matter, what are you?"

Noedig turns to face the a voice coming form behind him.

"What am I doing? What am I, you sa--" He stopped mid sentence.

He saw a griffon. Back-stepping 3 feet immediately.

"What is going on here?!" He exclaimed.

"I was home at first, then 'POP,' " He gestured, "RIGHT here, not knowing where, what, why, or how this happened to me!"

He stood there defensively, shifting his head at the ponies and griffon, "A griffon! For that matter, a talking griffon! Ponies in clothing!"

He dropped his sword, both hands on his head, "Where am I?!"

The figure turned around, only to jump backwards as if he had never seen a griffon before. Tehengu sighed as the figure was obviously confused about something. The figure then began ranting about the griffon before him and the ponies on the other side of him. At least he had dropped the sword... Made Tehengu wish he had brought his own sword... Oh well.

"We're in Equestria." He said, answering the figure's question of where they were. "Why are you so surprised I can talk? I've never met a griffon who couldn't... scratch that, I've never met an adult griffon who couldn't. Not even a teenage one either. The only griffons I've met that couldn't talk would be the chicks, but that's just because they're too young."

Skidmark was on his daily run, his favorite part of the day. It was a time to clear his mind, forget about the rest of the world. He had decided to take a different route than the one he usually took, just to change things up for a while. Because of this, he ran a little more slowly than he usually did, so he could take in the scenery. It was a beatiful day- the sun was shining, the birds was chirping, it was practically perfect. Until...

"What in the..." Skid muttered as he slowed down. He saw a strange figure out in the distance, but couldn't make out what it was. It was being blocked by the cluster of other ponies surrounding it. Skid hesitated. He wasn't one to investigate these types of things, but he was curious. Cautiously, Skid trotted over.

Skid got a better look at the creature as he came closer. He didn't recognize it, and the other ponies who were investigating didn't seem to either. He got a little closer until he noticed a glint of metal out of the corner of his eye. A sword? Skid jumped back at the sight of it. The other ponies looked just as scared as him, but the griffon who was talking to him didn't seem to mind.

"I-I...um...who, er, what... are you?" was all he could manage to say.

Equestria? He thought, Land of equestrians? Huh?

He heard another voice. He looked toward the source of it. Another pony. It was talking.

"A pony that can talk... ?" He questioned it like it was so bizarrely unbelieveable.

"I get it now." He said, chuckling, "Either its a dream or someone just gave me a dosage of drug that can hallucinate me!"

He points to the griffon suddenly, "Quick, punch me the hardest you can!"

He points his finger to his right cheek, "Do it. I need to make sure."

Now the figure was surprised about a pony talking to him... Seriously, what was up with this guy? Tehengu blinked a couple times as the figure requested a punch. After a few seconds of staring in confusion, he shrugged and reared onto his hind legs before putting his considerable strength behind the punch. It connected with the figure's face, and sent him over the group of ponies behind him. The ponies looked at Tehengu in shock, and he simply shrugged.

"What? He asked for it. Literally." He said simply, watching the figure.

Noedig flew out and landed hard behind the group.

He laid there for a good 10 seconds and got up. He tapped his cheek to check.

"That was a real hit..." He said, not one bit stingy or in pain from that hit, "I'm not dreaming... or hallucinating."

He looked at the griffon and said, "Good punch. Now... back to point 1, what happened to me?"

After a bit, the figure stood up, stating it was a real hit. Tehengu let out a sigh of relief as he rolled his eye. Of course it was a real hit, one so hard he had kind of worried about the figure's life when it gave no response and didn't move at first. He nodded at the figure's compliment of his punching.

"You're pretty tough..." He said simply. He had no idea where this figure had come from or what it even was, so he saw no point in trying to answer the question it asked.

Skid watched silently as the creature and the griffon interacted. Apparently, the creature wanted a punch. Wait, what? Is he serious? But Skid was even more surprised when the griffon reared up and actually punched him right in the face. You idiot, he thought. Decide to investigate one little thing and you see a griffon practically beating up an alien...

Skid shook away his thoughts as the two kept talking. He heard the creature ask how he got here, and Skid realized he was wondering the same exact thing. How did he get here? Or better yet, what was he? He wasn't from this world, for sure. "Um... do you remember anything before you... a-appeared here?" he asked after a moment.

Hector Varskie

What was fear? Something that make one quiver and cry as whatever causes the feeling comes? Perhaps it's when something becomes reality as they wished it didn't. Death, violence, betrayal, shame, unknown. For one, the question is not what is fear, but how will he face it.

Running through the dense fog and forestry, a lone soldier came upon a broken down castle. Coming to a stop, he looked up and saw a bell that seemed to be in good shape. "I'll use that... to contact the rest of the squad." He said to himself. Before continuing, he looked around and saw that he was still alone; at least he saw nothing within the fog. With that, he rushed forward and into the castle. It was destroyed within, but still had a way of getting to the top.

(0:00 ((Start of the song)))

Running up the spiral staircase, the castle seemed to of had a great deal of floors. Truly this place was build for royalty. He had seen many castles like this one before, but most of them were littered with traps and torturer chambers. Upon finally reaching the top, he opened the door in front of him and saw the giant bell. Catching his breath, he looked over the edge and out into the forest. "I really hope... this will work." He said, his body nearly giving out in exhaustion; yet there was still a mission to be done.

(0:56)

Grabbing onto the rope that hung down front within the bell with both hands, he pulled down hard, making the hammer swing and the bell swayed, making an old metallic echo ring out loudly. He did it again a few more times, hoping whoever else was out there would hear and follow towards the noise. This was insane; ever since they got to this world, none of their equipment worked right. Their two way communicators just completely gave out as soon as they stepped out of the stasis field and into this world; a world that wished to devour everything that wasn't origin to it by creating creatures worst than anyone's nightmares; and a god that controlled them all. Everything will be fine. they were told, It's just another mission. After ringing the bell a few more times, the soldier hear chilling roars echo out from within the forest. This was not what he wanted to attract.

(1:15)

It wasn't long before every creature within a six hundred foot radius came running towards the castle to see who or what was causing the bell to ring. The soldier had a sinking feeling in his gut now. He could fend them off for now, but how long before he was out of rations and ammunition? His demise was inevitable, just as it was for every other member it seemed. "This... blasted book... why must we risk our lives to find and protect it? It's just a book, isn't it?" He said as he placed a hand behind himself and onto a bag on his back to make sure that it was still there. It was then that he heard something banging hard onto the door far below; they were trying to break it. This was his fear; to be alone, and to die alone. For a moment, he then smirked as he turned towards the entrance way towards the bell and readied his weapon. He wasn't going to die alone; he was going to take down as many of them as he could.

He heard the front door below splinter in as the creatures rushed inside, finding a way to get to the top and end the sound. This was it; the soldier's time ran downward to the final moments. He heard snarls and claws scrapping against the stone stairs; they had found their way. Just as the soldier readied his gun, he heard giant wings flapping behind him. Turning his attention showed him that a drake now hovered there with bright golden eyes.

(3:35)

It hovered there for a moment, staring the soldier down before letting out a loud screech that would bust the eardrums of any normal person. Luckily the suit that the soldier wore could dampen and regulate sounds around him; perfect for pinpointing targets far away and situations like this. Being unaffected, he turned and aimed at the young dragon, and just then the door to the roof began taking a beating. Without hesitation, he unsheathed a sword he had on him; a black blade that had golden etching on it. This was it; the final stand.

As the door busted down and the creatures poured out, the drake inhaled, readying for a massive fireball. The soldier readied himself as well; waiting for the fangs and fire to rip through him. He closed his eyes, waiting, and waiting. It was soon that he realized that nothing had touched him; and even more so surprising, there was no more sound. Was it over? Was whatever hit him first enough to take his life and thus he was no longer able to feel or hear anything else? If so, how was he still able to think, and he did feel the air around him and the ground beneath his feet. Wait, air, and ground? He quickly opened his eyes and found that he was no longer high in the air standing on a stone platform with a bell above him. He was still in a forest, but there didn't seem to be a dense fog on the ground anymore.

(End of Song)

Looking around, the soldier noticed that his armor was missing as well with the gun. In panic, he looked behind him and saw that he still had the bag, and his sword in hand. "Well... at least I haven't completely failed the mission yet." He said to himself. Now he had to find out where he was. Where to go was the first question to ask if anything else. He just picked a direction and started walking. Passing by the trees and the creatures that inhabited the forest, he began to see that this place had it's own bad vibe, but it was better than where he was. Watching his step, he came upon the edge of the forest and walked out into a meadow, seeing a sun shining brightly and the tall grass with flowers within it. This area, it seemed so serene, it quickly reminded him of his achy and tired body. Nearly falling into the grass, he caught himself with what little energy he had left.

"Not here... I have to find a way out." He said between pants and stood straight up again. He sluggishly moved his legs to continue moving forward, one in front of the other, until he came to what seemed to look like a village. "Excellent. Perhaps I can get some answers here." He said to himself as he continued forward. It wasn't till he was at the gate that he noticed something weird; animals were roaming around, and wearing clothing! It wasn't that strange to see animals, or in this case small horses, to be walking around freely in a village, but they wore clothes and seemed of been walking with a purpose. Upon that, there didn't seem to be any caretakers for them, or humans in general; yet he spoke too soon. To his left, he saw a group gathered around a human that seemed to of been getting back up on his feet. "Perfect, my questions will be answered." He said as he entered through to front gate.

As he walked along, he noticed that nearly every animal near him stopped and stared at him. No doubt this gave the soldier the creeps; however he pushed onward. Once finally reaching the group, he stood behind the griffon silently as he heard the human speak. Just who was he speaking to-- It was then that he heard another voice speak, and then another one. Who was speaking now? He looked around, then back at the group just in time to see the pony's lips moving at the same time that someone was speaking. Not believing his eyes, the soldier shook his head a little, then looked up at the male. "Alright, what type of sorcery is this?" The soldier asked, his voice curious and cautious at the same time. He didn't know who he was talking to, or what he was about to get himself into. "If this is some kind of dream land; I've had enough of those. Just tell me where the nearest portal device is and I'll reprogram it to send me back home." He demanded with a authoritative voice. He usually didn't like showing his rank and being commanding, but he was done for today; he just wanted to go home and complete the mission.

((Sorry about the long post, but a start is needed somewhere.))

Tehengu had no idea what was going on. And the creature still hadn't said what he was. It was kind of frustrating, but he didn't show that. Then a voice came from behind him, and he turned around to see another of those creatures. It's tone reminded him of his time in the griffon military...

"Great, another one. I can tell you're some kind of solider, probably an officer. Even so, I don't know what you're talking about. I've never heard of these portal devices." He said, staring down the new arrival.

"Ah, um," Noedig stuttered, forgot to introduce his species, he said with clarification, "You're a griffon, they're ponies... and I'm a human."

Speaking of which, another man just came by and demanded to get back home with a portal device.

Another man! But, apparently, he seemed to have known this place. Also, he looked familiar... but Noedig couldn't think about that for the moment.

"A portal device?" Noedig asked, approaching him, "Are you from Earth?"

Unfortunately, Tehengu said there was no such thing, in fact, never heard of such a thing. He frowned. But then, he remembered something. Or... someone.

"Wait," He looked at Hector, giving him a good long look, then spoke to him, "You... look familiar..."

His face, he knew the face, but it is older then when he saw him.

"You're the young boy I saved... but, that was 2 months ago." He said, a both bit surprised and struck with a powerful confusion, "You look older now... how?"

Hector Varskie

The soldier took a small step back when the griffon like creature turned around and began speaking to him. So he wasn't crazy about hearing the pony speak just moments ago. When the griffon said that there was no portal device, nor did he know what one was, he gently sighed. "I see; very well then. Though someone must know how to move an entity through time and space; one does not just appear into another world through thin air... at least they shouldn't." He said, then began to think about it. Was it possible that this was indeed a freak accident? A once in a million life times chance? How perfect; now he was stuck in this world it seemed... stuck, and didn't have to go back home just yet; to complete the mission and then be sent off onto another world that probably wanted to annihilate him. A small smirk crept onto his face with that thought.

Just then he heard another voice speak towards him. The soldier quickly turned his attention towards the only other human besides himself. "Yes, I am from Earth. Northern region of Kesrie to be exact; the side that not many citizens see." He told the human. It wasn't till the other human started saying that he looked familiar that the soldier looked completely confused. "Yo-you know me?" He asked in a little disbelief. He then crossed his arms and began scouring his mind like a data base in search for any recurring memories of this particular human. Sadly, nothing stood out to him.

The soldier closed his eyes and sighed softly. "I apologize, but I do not recall meeting anyone like you before... though that does not mean that it didn't happen. I don't remember much of my past; not because I don't want to, but because I was forced to forget." He began to inform him. "You see, when I was thrown into the military; since that was my only other option besides death at the time, they had to slightly... lobotomize me. Removing my past, who I was, what I feared, and then repaired my brain with instant training and know-how for almost everything. What a trade-off..." He said the last part sarcastically, but then continued, At least the power is awesome!" He said with a big grin, debating wither or not to show it. "Lets see... two months ago. Two months ago, I was just promoted as a sergeant. I defiantly didn't need any saving then." He said with a slight chuckle. Fun was fun, but something was slipping from his mind; yet it came to him now. "How rude of me, I came here demanding for stuff and I didn't even say who I was. My name is Varskie, Sergeant Hector Varskie." He said, then thought about it for a moment. "You don't have to include the Sergeant part when addressing me." He furthered informed.

Well, it appeared these two creatures were something called humans. He'd never heard of any species by that name, probably because these two had apparently come from another world. The second human also seemed surprised he could talk, though he ignored that. He was right about the second human being in a military of some sort, as he introduced himself as a Sargent. The first human had yet to introduce himself, but Tehengu didn't want to push the issue.

"Tehengu. Former spec ops. Worked as a sniper, mostly." Tehengu said, cracking his neck as he introduced himself to the fellow military being.

Oblivious of their introduction at the moment, he was deep in thought.

Strange, He thought, I know about Kesrie, because that's where I was about to go off to.

Noedig tried a question.

"Hector," He said, about to ask, "What year is it on Earth?"

Solfire had found himself in Sugar Cube Corner, speaking with the cakes and buying a special treat for someone who was sharing a house with him. The roommate wasn't any special pony to him or even a family member, just a old friend from school who was currently down on his luck. After chatting with the Cakes and getting what he wanted, he left out with the bag handles in his mouth, smiling kindly as he passed by some ponies. He began to notice something; some of the ponies were murmuring something. Sol at first dismissed it, but it was soon that he caught a glance at the tall... things! He stopped and stared for a moment, wondering what they were, and why they were here. Could they even talk in the same way him and the other ponies did? He listened in as he heard voices and soon his question was answered; these creatures did speak their tongue, and every fluently.

Curiosity getting the better of him, he finally walked up, bag still in his mouth. He got close, but steered clear of the two giants. He got beside a familiar griffon by the name of Tehengu. "Hey, Tehengu; what's going on? What are these?" He asked in a whispering tone, hoping not to offend them. One looked rather laid back and calm, wearing the all blue and black with a mask and shades. He looked rather mysterious that way. The other one; something about him seemed rather off. From how he heard him talk, he seemed serious and ready for combat.

Tehengu heard a familiar voice soon enough, and looked down at the source to see Solfire. He looked back at the two humans before turning his gaze to the pony again.

"Well, they are apparently something called humans. From the sound of it, they both came from another world, no idea how." Tehengu whispered back to Solfire, still listening to the humans and the other ponies.

Hector Varskie

Hector slightly grinned as the griffon introduced himself as Tehengu, and even more so as being a former Spec Ops agent. "Well, let me tell you that you're the first Special Ops agent that I've met in person and not the grave marker." He said and slightly chuckled. True, that was a rather morbid statement, but that was just how he was; and for the misfortune, they would soon learn that the hard way. "All in all, it's good to see that you made it out of the service in one piece." He added on.

It was when the other human asked his question that Hector's attention was completely taken away from the griffon and onto him. "What year? Odd question; lets see... I believe when I left it was 2107. Nothing too fantastic if that's what you're wondering. There's no flying cars like humanity had hoped for; instead, all that money and knowledge and science went towards weapons of planetary destruction and war." He said and softly sighed. "What a world. What about you though? Do you come from a different Earth; one not fully irradiated and torn up?" He curious asked him. He had noticed from the corner of his eye another pony had shown up with a bag in his mouth and speaking to the griffon in a hushed voice back and forth, but decided to let that be for now.

The first? Really? Well, wasn't that just special. Tehengu frowned slightly at the news that all the other Spec Ops agents he had met had been dead at the time. Unfortunately, that statement brought up memories of his old squad, of which he was the lone survivor. Stupid traitor. It was all because of one stupid traitor. The griffon let out a long, low breath as he kept his anger down. Thinking of that griffon always made him angry, though the griffon was long since dead. He had made it out mostly unscathed, though that mission had left him scarred and blind in his left eye, which is why he had the bandanna over it. The humans were having some kind of discussion about the year it had been back where they came from, which was something he didn't really care about.

Noedig noticed another new pony come by. He didn't care... as for the answer... 2107.

"2107," He said, and then thought, I was taken here earlier than you, then. He put his knuckles on his chin.

No, you and I must be from the very same Earth. He thought, he looks at Hector, grimly, I was on my way to stop something diabolically hazardous from happening there... at Kesrie and the countries around it.

He looks at him with a sad look, Your timeline is worse because I wasn't there. I was taken from home to here... by 2086. He lowered his head, The year before it happened, I guess.

"I'll ask you some things again later, Hector." He said.

He looks at every single ponies, all different shapes, colors, and sizes, an then looked at Tehengu, the griffon.

"The name's Noedig," He said to the girffon, 'I'm part of group called the "Time-Alternating Paradox Effect Division.' TAPED, for short."

He looks at Hector, "I was on my way to prevent the atrocious breakout from spreading around our world. But I was taken from home, our Earth... to here."

He crossed his arms, and looked around, "That is what happens to you and the people if I were not there, Hector. Because that breakout was never supposed to happen in the first place."

Archived