• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Flower Fillies didn't need anything else for the moment, so they'd shake their heads to give Canvas their answer. Yet something was still bothering Seria with the new guy. His answer was unsatisfactory as it contained very little details, but... she wouldn't see this as anything of an emergency for the moment. She could always ask him questions later if she wanted to. For now they had to go and head out to Ponyville so they could start looking for the missing elements. The fairy looked at Canvas and smiled at her as she gave a small nod.

Seria: We're ready to go. We're waiting for you to lead us.

"Then we're off." Canvas smiled and turned towards the entrance of the cave and walked out. She slowly led the other ponies down the mountain and towards Ponyville. It would be a good 2 day trip by hoof. As Canvas led the ponies the day passed quickly and soon she had to stop and tell them that they would camp here for the night. You could tell that she had camped in this spot a lot for there was black soot on the ground from her previous fires and a small indent where she had laid down to sleep. Quickly she readied the camp and cast an invisibility spell on their camp. "That should do it. We won't be seen from afar but animals will see within five feet so I recomend shifts. I'll take the first shift while you all sleep."n she said and plopped herself down under a tree.

The group of three followed Canvas. During their travel they would discuss among each other, talking of this and that. Nothing of much importance and mostly between them. During this time they also had taken the time of introducing themselves to Lightning Star by respectively telling each other's name: Violet Charm, the white unicorn with the sword and knives, Glady Leaf, the blue earth mare with the huge hammer and finally the beautiful fairy Seria Rosa. Arriving at the spot where they'd camp, they'd look a little around while Canvas spoke. They could indeed tell that this place had been used for camping before. They'd set themselves there, putting down their things. Seria made her staff appear and went a little further and worked her magic, starting to create a suitable shelter by using the trees and plants that were around and even the earth. The things would extand and grow big to form a roof above their heads and the walls were mostly made from the earth rising to a suiting level so they could stand up without being seen. This didn't take much of the fairy's energy. It was something she was used to do.

While she was at that, Glady approached Canvas with Violet by her side to tell their new friend something about what had been told.

Glady: If it doesn't bother you, we're not really tired. Mind if we stay awake a little longer? Anyway if anything happens we can help out.

" I could always use the company." Canvas replied with a smile and cleared a spot for them. Eventually she decided to say something " My mother used to tell me all about the different holidays that the pony world used to have. Like Winter wrap up, and Hearts and-and was it hooves? Hearts and Hooves day? Do you celebrate those holidays?" Canvas asked

(( I hope this isnt boring. Im just trying to give it a nice feel. ^.^ ))

Lightning Star thought about this, then he said, "we celebrate the normal holidays, like nightmare night, winter wrap up, and hearts and hooves day. nightmare night had to be my favorite, though. I don't know why. jut something about the getting in costume, and seeing all the little fillies and colts in theirs."

Violet and Glady joined right away and layed down comfortably so they could have a conversation. They waited for Lightning star to join them before they could begin relaxing and discussing about some things to try and put a nice ambiance.

Violet: Yes, we celebrate those days! They're really fun and full of joy too since it always gathers everypony.

Glady: Eeexcept maybe for Hearts and Hooves day... I mean, it kinda sucks that you have to be with someone for this one. Other than that there's no real way of celebrating it and... well, we're all single. So we don't really celebrate it... except maybe for our parents.

She'd end with a shrug on this one. Violet giggled a little, though. It seemed like her friend had forgotten something.

Violet: Silly, we did celebrate it once! Among us for fun, remember? We did it last year! We offered each other small presents like chocolates and stuff like that.

Glady blinked a few times as she listened and looked at her unicorn friend... her memory failed her it seems. Her silence only made Violet laugh some more and her laugh was contagious. Even if Glady had forgotten, she laughed anyway, taking it lightly.

Glady: Right, I guess that happened! My memory sucks... Anyway, if anything, Heart's warming eve is the best there is! You get to be with your family and your friends, you get to party and give presents to everyone! It's just really nice!

Violet: Remember when Seria discovered all of that? She had absolutely no idea of what these holidays were. I loved introducing it all to her back then. She was so clueless about it all!

She'd say ending with a laugh.

Seria: And I was very glad to be shown the great spirits that these holidays have.

Seria had arrived without the two others knowing it, but she was not mad at all about what they said. She knew it was all new to her back then, but it was something she never regreted. She smiled at everyone before laying down too with the group.

Canvas perked up her ears and listened intently. " Wow" she said amazed " Those must be so fun." she giggled just thinking of what the events would be like. Maybe. Just maybe they would take her with them if they ever went back. She shook her head. No no it was a stupid thought. " What do you dress up as for Nightmare Night?" she asked putting another log on the fire.

"well, last nightmare night, I went as a superhero, cheesily enough. I got some confused faces from some of the kids,and one actually asked the other, 'why is he dressed ike that?' " he Lightning Str said as he smiled.

The trio tried to remember what they were dressed as in the past years they lived through. They had different costumes every year, so they tried to pick the best one they had. Seria laughed slightly as she remembered one of hers which did make others laugh, but she liked it. She had thought of it for fun.

Seria: I had disguised myself as a noble from Canterlot. Considering the behavior they have and comparing it to the residents of Ponyville, it's very different and can be seen as funny to those living in the town. The clothes were well chosen and very beautiful, yet I added my own noble touch by trying to immitate one of them. I have to say that it worked quite well!

Violet: I was dressed as a samurai that year, but... that was a reused costume. I had no idea what to wear.

They'd say before they'd look at Canvas.

Violet: What would you dress yourself as if it was Nightmare Night?

Canvas smiled at the scene playing in her head. " When I was little I used to pierce an apple with my horn and tie a cape around my neck and jump off of high places screaming I could fly. I used to call myself The Great and Mysterious AppleFlobbin!" she laughed at the memory. " I suppose that if I was ever able to go I...I would go as...as" Canvas stopped and thought " I would go as a crystal pony."

" I don't mind staying up all night. I've taken this trip many times and my body is accustomed to long sleepless nights. Im not even a bit tired." Canvas suggested. " But if someone does want to take second shift then I'll probably go for a litle walk." she said standing and stretching her long legs. " I've been sitting way to long."

Archived