bronies

sunrisesteps145

bronies are horrible and creepy to me. they just........ disgust me! thats all. i am not trying to offend bronies, they just send shivers down my spine. just thinking about them creeps me out. again, this is not to offend anyone, just putting it out there. but still ughghggghg their gross.

-_______________- aren't we all bronies

Not necessarily. I'm merely a pony fan (barely one at that). I choose to not associate myself with the brony moniker. Even if your personal definition is just an adult fan of MLP:FiM, not everyone has to associate with that.

In fact I'd actually tend to agree with the OP in many cases. Most outward bronies tend to not sit well with me. I wouldn't say they are "horrible" though, so much as terribly socially awkward, even by nerd standards. And I've seen more than a few that fall into "creepy" as well. That said for me, all of the outward bronies that I have met have shared one thing in common, they are all overzealous of their love for the fandom and the show. This is to the point of being fanatical. I've seen hardcore Trekkies, Whovians and Browncoats who act more dignified than them (and by that I mean almost all of them seem to be more dignified).

And regarding that last point, that might be in large part due to the teenaged mean of the fandom. But that is merely conjecture on my part.

As a side note to the OP... "They're" (<-- contraction of they are) not "their" (<-- signifying possession) [there = position] :)

Not necessarily. I'm merely a pony fan (barely one at that). I choose to not associate myself with the brony moniker. Even if your personal definition is just an adult fan of MLP:FiM, not everyone has to associate with that.

In fact I'd actually tend to agree with the OP in many cases. Most outward bronies tend to not sit well with me. I wouldn't say they are "horrible" though, so much as terribly socially awkward, even by nerd standards. And I've seen more than a few that fall into "creepy" as well. That said for me, all of the outward bronies that I have met have shared one thing in common, they are all overzealous of their love for the fandom and the show. This is to the point of being fanatical. I've seen hardcore Trekkies, Whovians and Browncoats who act more dignified than them (and by that I mean almost all of them seem to be more dignified).

And regarding that last point, that might be in large part due to the teenaged mean of the fandom. But that is merely conjecture on my part.

So bronies are just hardcore MLP fans? O_o okay...then i'm just going to say i just like ponies

So bronies are just hardcore MLP fans? O_o okay...then i'm just going to say i just like ponies

Labels are subjective. That is how I see it. Others may not. Which is why I said "Even if your personal definition is just an adult fan of MLP:FiM, not everyone has to associate with that."

While you are entitled to your thoughts, why on EARTH would you come to a place about tolerating, and being kind to all members, and flat out insult and say something so mean about people like that?

Not only that, but this is not something that should be a topic, but a blog if they really wanted to say this.

It's weird that you say that especially considering you're on a MLP forum.

As I stated previously, you can be a fan of the show and not associate with being a brony. And depending on the person's personal definition it could paint them in a negative, neutral or positive light. Since labels are largely subjective one person's view of bronydom is very different from another's. Clearly the OP's definition is the popular internet definition of "Brony." Which is OK, but probably best kept to themselves, especially on a MLP fan site (and again probably best placed in a blog).

Just had to hide a post. I now see where this can go and have to lock it.

I initially held off on doing anything here, since I'm all for the stating of alternate opinions. When it comes to such blanket negativity as this, however, there is a line. It's okay to have an opinion, but voicing a negative opinion of a group of people on a site where a very large portion of the userbase is likely to identify as a part of said group is only going to provoke people and spur genuine insults and attacks.

Locking now before someone says something they truly regret.

Archived