Your cutie mark

kamerad

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

humm... well if we're talking "real life" here (i.e. if for some reasons humans manifested cutie marks right here and now) mine would probably be a CPU or breadboard or such because I'm such a computer nerd

If we're talking more MLP (i.e. if we had been born equestrian ponies or hopped through a portal to equestria) then given the lack of tech and prevalence of magic it would be something magic related, likely a pentagram or something along those lines because my second love is Magic/Magick...

I would have to say a Magnfiying glass and a bookcase (more sanitary then a brain), beacause I am very inqusitve and like to collect trivia. :P

Similarly, I am inquisitive and it woudl have to represent "learning", since it is a great passion of mine.

But a magnifying glass or a book seem too "sanitary", to use your word, for me. I think of learning as an adventure. And a dirty one. When you are always switching to new things, you never develop mastery of them. A compass or a looking glass or a sextant (ooh, that would be a dynamic mark) are both more accurate, and more misleading.

Someone help me come up with something better!

I like to consider myself a jack-of-all-trades type geek. I'm good at video games, but not the best, I like to read, but it's not primarily what I do, I'm of decent intelligence, just not a good student, and I at least have an understanding with anything considered "geeky" that I can't think of off the top of my head/would make this list go on forever. So I guess it could be a scale, to represent balance? Or maybe I'm just a blank-flank for life. I got no idea. Are the Cutie Mark Crusaders still accepting applicants?

Or maybe I'm just a blank-flank for life. I got no idea. Are the Cutie Mark Crusaders still accepting applicants?

Finding out your greatest strength is cool and all...getting railroaded into it...not as such.

I wonder if the ponies ever experience a cutie mark related midlife crisis? Sure, that one was great for a few years, but I'm bored of it now.

I've wanted to be a game designer ever since I was very young, and I'm realizing that dream more and more every day. It's tough to imagine what a game designer's cutie mark would be, though: a computer monitor, a keyboard, a generic-looking controller, maybe a joystick? Something that not only exemplifies my love for playing games, video or not, but also for creating them. So, I really have no idea. Help?

Something that not only exemplifies my love for playing games, video or not, but also for creating them. So, I really have no idea. Help?

A mario sprite?

It should be something classic, because everything trendy right now will be forgotten in ten years.

Also, 8 days after I starting thinking about this, I still don't have anything better than a Sextant and I am starting to like the idea. It would be dynamic, simple, unique, and a conversation starter.

Hard to say, really. I worry I'd be a blank flank, in all honesty. In a self-insert fanfic idea I plan on writing some time for the heck of it, my character's cutiemark is always covered up, either because he doesn't have one, or because it's an incoherent cluster of random, seemingly meaningless symbols. I suppose it COULD be something to do with writing stories (since I've been told I'm good at it, when I stop procrastinating and actually put some effort into a story), or maybe a snippet of C++ code, but I dunno...

A mario sprite?

It should be something classic, because everything trendy right now will be forgotten in ten years.

I'm thinking half a mario sprite and a cursor to show the DESIGNING part.

I'm thinking half a mario sprite and a cursor to show the DESIGNING part.

Rarity's cutie mark shows product, not process, and is much more elegant than showing cloth and thread.

The "product nor process" comes through in many other ponies from Applejack to Mr. and Mrs. Cake.

Ah, this topic doesn't show up in my content anymore, even though I was the first to reply D:

Maybe if I post again, it will show up.

While I'm at it, I'm going to change my answer from a Mac mouse to a drawing tablet because it's not so much macs I'm good with, as it is drawing programs that I use on a Mac.

Guest PlatinumRarity

The silhouette of a phoenix, as no matter what happens I will retain my sense of self and continue on. Incidentally, I already have this tattoo. Hidden, of course. Can't have the fancy folk thinking less of me now can I?

The silhouette of a phoenix, as no matter what happens I will retain my sense of self and continue on. Incidentally, I already have this tattoo. Hidden, of course. Can't have the fancy folk thinking less of me now can I?

How can you tell that it is a phoenix if it is a silhouette? Great choice by the way, I wish I had thought of it myself.

Guest PlatinumRarity

How can you tell that it is a phoenix if it is a silhouette? Great choice by the way, I wish I had thought of it myself.

The outline is that of flames. I can't really find the words to explain it, but it's an avian shape with the curls of fire if that makes any sense. And thank you, it's always held a lot of meaning for me.

As you might or might not see (probably not, but I can supply you with a better version), my avatar's cutie mark is a pulse wave with 33% pulse width as displayed on an oscilloscope. It shows my knack for electronic instruments and classic electronic music better than a piano keyboard would.

Guest EoLPinkie

Something watery! It's just like me! You can be all smooth and cool one second, then flying around at warp-speed and making waves and everyone has fun in the ocean! I'm actually probably only smooth or cool for that one second each day, but I mean come on I'm brilliant so what's it matter? :D

Archived