The Return of the Changelings

Hawkeye12

((Please sign up in the OOC if you wish to join! :D ))

Plot: (A bit more fleshed out) After many years of gathering a bigger and stronger army, Chrysalis returns to take over Equestria. Surprisingly, her army is able to overpower the power of harmony and love that would be used to defeat them, and the princesses have no other choice but to use violence instead. A war begins, and all of Equestria turns into a battlefield. No one can trust anyone, for fear that their friends are disguised.

((EDIT: oooo I just got an idea that I really should've gotten before- If anyone wants to play a disguised changeling, feel free! That would make it much more interesting... I really got to start working on a changeling character one of these days...))

---

"Buck!" shouts Hawkeye as he jumps behind a large boulder, praying that the changelings didn't see him. It's been two weeks since the war began, and all of Equestria seems to have turned to Tartarus. He thought hiding here in the middle of nowhere to keep him safe, but of course the changelings came. He wondered if they could disguise themselves as griffons. That was a theory he did not want to test.

Hawk peeked out from behind the rock. The changeling chasing him seemed to have lost him, and was wandering aimlessly. He knew for certain this was a changeling, as it was in its natural form. "Stupid..." muttered the griffon. "You're not safe if youre out looking like that.." He drew his bow and fired, getting a direct hit.

He slumped back down against the rock, breathing a sigh of relief. Then, a sudden realization came over him. Why am I hiding? The changelings aren't going to dissappear themselves... He smirked as he got a burst of determination. Stupid changelings, he thought. They can't stop me.

((Oh, and by the way, just for the sake of making things easier, lets say changelings can disguise themselves as griffons, okay?))

Blackwing was currently in ponyville, watching as the Changelings roamed free around the whole place. He wished that this had never happened. He remembered three weeks ago, before the invasion had started, Black had caught multiple changelings getting themselves positions of power in the Pony empire, the Griffon empire, everywhere so they could open the way for their forces. That was when Black had known they were goign to lose the first round of this. Now, he needed help to make sure that no one could find them, he needed help to make sure that they still had a chance to do this.

Black heard chatter, so he stopped moving. Although a griffon, he was invisible in his current location, which was in the shadows. He had gotten used to this long before the attack, he had been hiding for most of his childhood, and he knew taht he could use it to keep himself safe, and others safe. As three changeligns walked by, he heard someone yell, a Pony had been caught on the street. Black snuck out of the shadows, towards the backs of the changelings. As the three were about to pounce, Black leaped in. He swung his tallions at them, forcing them back. As they did so, he glared at them. His emotionless face was creepy to most, as it showed no care, no hate, no fear.

He watched as they stepped forwards again, though then they quicly backed off when they saw that Black was walkign toawrds them. He was a griffon, and eventhough changelings are strong, unless they are in high numbers are they able to beat one who was willign to die fighting them. Black then turned towards the pony, only giving a simple nod before flappign his wings and flying into the air. He looked around, trying to see if anythign was around. Then he saw what looked like a..... Black flew towards what he had just seen, and as he landed he saw somethign that he had lost.His crystal bow. He picked it up, along with the quiver tht was right next to it. As he looked up, he noticed that this was where he had stashed his stuff those weeks ago. He stayed emotionless as he packed a saddle bag with food, put his quiver on and grabbed his bow. He then took to the air again in search of new allys.

(If no one decides to play a Changeling, il play two Chars, one as my Griffon Black(who i just used then) and as my Changeling Ragnarok)

A pure white pegasus trotted through the abandoned, yet dangerous rooftops of Ponyville. Her usual, unamused, emotionless face strapped into place as she jumped from rooftop to rooftop. Though she has wings, she figured using her legs was something she missed. She kept her blades hidden in the saddle pack under her wings.

She kept her red and blue hues alert as it shifted from one place to another, as she got ready to set out her blades once she sees even a single hair from a changeling. As time went by, she began to despise the creatures. Taking another pony's identity then using it against them is no laughing matter whatsoever. She hated it.

Just then, Cory saw something move at the corner of her eye. She went into battle stance in a twitch of an ear. With her blades lifted up, and her legs far apart, ready to shoot her blades when ready. But then again, it was just a leaf.

Or was it?

((I'll use my good ol' bunch of girls here as always. Also the changeling thing gives me an idea.))

The Flower Fillies, a group of three friends, three ponies were actually battling a few ponies around Seria's house in the woods. The changelings had just appeared. They had to work together in order to push them back, and they knew just how to do it. Given they never were getting separated, it was easy for them to keep track of each other. Besides, there was one rule they have given each other to ensure their own safety in case they would use their ability to copy somepony's form.

Seria: Attack only your clones! This way we can determine who is who! If one of them attacks while transformed as one of us, then it clearly is a fake! Under no circumstance shall we attack each other...

As this was being said, Glady, the blue mare with the strength of a titan, punched one changeling who dared to come too close. This one wouldn't last long in this battle as the powerful punch managed to send it out of this battle.

Glady: No one can match my strength! This should be a good hint to remember!

Seria: Exactly... They cannot copy our unique abilities!

Her staff out, as she said that the fairy summoned roots from under to grab a few changelings who were about to bounce at her. Being near her own house, the changelings from outside didn't have the chance to last very long against this well organised team. Yet, a scream would be heard from inside the tree. Immediately the fairy raised her head in panic.

Seria: Freesia!!

She shouted. As she heard that, Violet took a running start, getting close to the tree fast, her sword and daggers levitating next to her.

Violet: Launch me up, I'll go and save her!

Seria heard her well and would fulfill her wish right away. Using more of her fairy magic, a bump of earth would appear from under as Violet would step on it. The bump rose high and fast, launching the unicorn up for her to reach inside the tree. She was agile enough to land well and inside of the three, where she would spot two changelings cornering a small ice fairy. Violet would call them both out and instantly the two bug-like ponies would turn toward her, snarling and ready to give her a fight she wouldn't forget... but things wouldn't go as they planned. The young unicorn waited for them both to make a move, the two of them would come toward her and split midway to try and pincer her. Violet noticed their strategy and surrounded herself with her blades, making them spin around her to create a barrier of sharpened metal. The changelings would stop their run or they would end up sliced up. Growling at the defence of the unicorn, they'd begin to circle her. Violet put her eyes on the young ice fairy who wouldn't move from there. With the two of them circling her, she couldn't really move without them reacting. She had to take them out. It's then that she decided to act... and lure them. As soon as she retrieved her weapons, the two of them would come to her as fast as they could before she could do the same trick again, yet that was exactly was she wanted. As the first one came from the front, Violet jumped and landed her hoof on its head, using it as a spring to launch herself behind it and buck it in the back, sending it on the other one who didn't have enough time to stop. Violet galloped the short distance between her and Freesia to reach her and took a battle stance as she arrived in front of her, protecting the young one. The two changelings had gotten back up and were ready for more, not wanting to give up just yet.

Violet: Don't worry, Freesia, we'll be out of here soon and back with Seria and Glady! Stand back... I'll take care of them.

It was rare to see Violet being so serious, but the yound ice fairy seemed relieved to be by her side. She felt safe with her, even if it was two against one. The two opponents were being more cautious this time, though. Their eyes were on her so much, they were checking her every movements. Still... they didn't know her. She would look bold doing this, but she went straight at them. The two of them were just waiting for that. Yet, they wouldn't be able to read her moves very well. As soon as she had gotten to them, one would be kicked straight in the face on the side. The other one, getting distracted by his ally hit, would soon receive a kick in the stomach before getting a quick uppercut under the chin following, instantly throwing him on the ground. Violet looked behind and gestured to Freesia to follow her out. As they reached the door, Seria would be down looking up and rejoicing to see the both of them safe. She'd make use of her magic to give life to a branch of the tree which would bring down the two ponies. Once they'd reach the ground, Seria would go straight to the ice fairy to embrace her.

Seria: Are you alright?

She'd ask her, relieved, yet at the same time worried for her.

Freesia: Y-yeah... I'm fine.

She'd say. Seria would stop the embrace and look at her with a smile before getting back up, finding a more serious tone again.

Seria: It isn't safe anymore... we have to get out of here at once... Changelings might be hiding everywhere as well. We must stay grouped from now on. Understood?

Everyone would agree with the fairy's decision. Now that everything was clear, they decided to go and head out toward the inside of the town to see if they couldn't find other ponies to be allied with... yet, they knew they'd have to be careful.

((Well, I'll use my Changeling from MlpForums and my original Silver Moon.)

Silver was told to go undercover in ponyville to see what could be done and asses the situation. So she became stripped of her armour as she had to stay undercover and any sign of being part of the guards, removed. She was just an Arieon, leaving Hollow Shades to see the now destroyed Ponyville. "Off with you!" She said as a changeling indisguise as a pomy, popped up behind her, she punched the thing in the face before hearing a cry.

"Oh my I'm so sorry," it WAS a real pony. The pony ran of crying and Silver shrugged.

For about an hour of wandering about, she looked around spotting a griffon. She frowned. "Well well well, what do we have here?" She walked over slowly, opening her wings and letting her mane fall out of its plat, onto the grown as she walked to the griffon. Or changeling.

----

Shadow Cocoon laughed with her friends after the meeting with Chrysalis. "This was a piece of cake, and I'm literally stuff like now," Shadow laughed before grabbing a hooded cloak and wearing it. She loved her queen very much, a true brave, risk taking leader. Ms.Cocoon was a high membered rank in the changeling army also as one high rank in the small rebellion. For those who do not believe that the world she be flung into chaos, only for peace between each race.

"Cocoon! Ponyville duty is yours see ya,", Greg Matter laughed cruelty and walked off.

"Fun,"

A few hours later, Shadow arrived in Ponyville, disguised as an Arieon, they were...kinda closes. Shadow Star, simple name for a simple disguise.

Shadow walked onwards acting like a brave pony but you could tell that she was only joking, instead she was a rather frightened Arieon. And especially scared of the sun and bright colors.

Abby had moved to Ponyville only three months ago and now it was being taken over by bug-thingies that she'd never seen before. And she watched hundredsa of them take the form of a fallen pony! This was not good. That's when she saw a griffon fighting back against them. "I wanna help in any way I can!" she muttered. "Why don't you help me out? I need a new form." a voice said behind her. She turned and backed away from the changeling. The changeling walked towards her and began to change. "HEY! NOT HAPPENING!" Abby yelled and roundhouse kicked it in the face. The changeling fell back and stumbled, knocking itself unconscious. "That was easy. It must've not been very old." Abby murmured once again. She opened her wings and flew out of her second story window and towards the griffon.

((XD okay just checking, since I think RDD is playing a griffon too :P ))

Hawkeye flew into Ponyville... or, the remains of Ponyville. He'd seen it before- tons of ponies walking down the streets, filled with life. But now there were very few ponies on the steets... if they were ponies. He couldn't trust anyone. Hawk sat in the shade of a building, keeping his bow ready in case anyone tried to attack him.

His golden coloured eyes perked up as an aerion walked over to him. Bu he didn't raise the bow. Hawk couldn't help but smirk, just slightly. Might as well humour her a little, just in case she might actually be a real pony.

"Name's Hawkeye," he said casually. "And you are?"

Abby was so excited to see anothr aireon flying towards the griffin the she picked up the speed. However she did not time it right annd if she hadnt folded her wings, she wouldve barrel rolled right into her. "Sorry. I'm abby, its nice to meet you. Or not if your a changeling. In that case then I would run and get help. Not that's what I'm planning on doing right now, considering I just met you and-" Abby stopped talking, realizing that she was babbling

Silver smirked and stood with a high ruling stance. "Silver Moon, it's a pleasure, now then, how can I trust your not a changeling?" Silversmirked before walking closer and bbecoming eye to eye even though he was sat on the ground. To be honest Silver thought this would be harder but seriously it was kinda easy.

----

Shadow Cocoon kept walking along Ponyville disguised as an Arieon. "Shadow Star, " she kept drumming her face name, over and over, inside her head. Before long she saw a griffon flying in the air (RDD).

"Help! Help me!" She called out she took out q knife she had and stabbed her front left hoof, so the blood came out. She did this discreetly so no pony saw. It was weird not having a horn compared to her changeling form.

Hawkeye didn't say anything for a moment, he just looked around. Good thing he had good eyesight. Finally, he saw what he was looking for. A random pony was wandering a few feet away from them, and just for a second, he noticed the lime green flash of changeling in his eyes. Perfect. Hawk raised his bow and fired at him. Not a direct hit, only in the leg, but close enough.

"That enough proof for you?" he asked, turning back to Silver.

He then noticed another aerion, just a filly, standing behind silver, rambling on about something. Dang, she came out of nowhere. "Hey there," he said to her. She looked innocent enough. Most changelings ended up being adult ponies, not fillies.

The group of now four ponies would eventually make it to Ponyville by going through the forest. Luckily for them they had managed to get through without any changelings in the way. Yet... just as they'd step out of the forest, when they'd stop, one changeling in it's original form would wildely bounce at them, thinking it had a chance to take them by surprise, but its attempt in doing so would miserably fail as it would be punched down on the head hard by Glady, falling unconscious at the immediate hit.

Glady: Stay down!

She would tell the changeling as she'd knock it down. The others would nod at her for a job well done there and so they could keep going.

As they'd advance through the town they would notice that it was in turmoil. Ponies were running for their lives from the invaders. The Flower Fillies would take some time to analyze this sight.

Seria: Such a sad sight...

Glady: Yup... but what can we do about it? Best we can do right now is to kick them out of here.

Seria: Indeed... no passive tactic will work.

Violet: Girls!

The young unicorn would call for the three's attention. As they looked at her, they could see she was pointing at something. Seria, Freesia and Glady would all look over to where she was pointing at and they would see what she was seeing. A griffon with two other ponies.

Seria: A griffon? Here?

Glady: What tells us they're not changelings?

Seria: The two others could be... but griffons are more of a rare sight around here. I would suspect that he isn't one of them.

The fairy would try to think this through. Going toward them could be a good idea, maybe they were allies... or perhaps it was a trickery as well. After a short moment of silence, the fairy would begin to step in their direction, having made a decision.

Glady: Wait, we're really going just like this?

Seria: Simply observe them as you advance. We shall see how things go...

Well... in that case, Glady guessed she'd follow too. Anyway if anything bad was to happen, then she could always act and protect the others. Violet didn't obstinate with Seria's thoughts either, putting her trust in her friend. In that case they would all follow the fairy and all would be approaching the griffon and the two aerions.

Cory slightly sighed as she calmed down. If she's going to be honest, this war is making her paranoid and worried. Not that she would ever tell anyone that. She walked over to the edge of the roof, and looked down to see if there were any possible allies she can meet. Her orbs stopped at a griffon, and he seems to be surrounded by aireons and ponies.

She frowned.

She cant trust them. Not yet. She has to spy for a sign that they are worthy of her trust. Just then, a very slight tap was heard behind her. Her ears slightly twitched backward. It must be a changeling trying to sneak up on her. She pretended not to notice, for they were still far away. Then, more taps.

Cory's lips formed a straight line as she turned around.

As she did, her stomach turned as her blood boiled. Before her, are two changelings. One looked like her. He had stole her identity. HER identity. She growled. She took out both of her blades, and without a moments hesitation, she shot it to the imposter's leg, with the blades rope flying behind it. He dodged.

She smiled. She expected him to do that.

The moment he jumped, she shot her other whip-like blade straight at the foe while it was in the air. It hit him directly, and he dropped to the ground like an empty ragdoll. She retracted both the blades to its spots. She faced the other one with pure rage shown on her orbs, without a second wasted, she shot a blade unto him, tripping him by the leg. The creature screamed as it gripped its wounded leg.

She maniacally smiled.

She threw her hoof up, causing the whip-like blade to soar higher above the creature. Then, she dropped her hoof like a stone, crushing the changeling as the blade mercelessly stabbed him in a gory fatality. She retracted the blade back, and she flew up.

She looked down at the group. She whipped a lost strand of mane on her face before flying down. She landed gently in front of them, without any shame or embarrasment.

"...Hello..." She simply said as she wiped some 'changeling juice' out of her coat with her hoof.

Blackwing turned towards the cry for help, almost tempted to go and do it. At first glance, he couldnt tell what had happened, one second it had seemed like she was fine, though the next she seemed injured. Blackwing had no intention of helping a wounded pony, he wanted people that could help him survive.... But he had to help. Black turned and flew straight for the pony, flying underneath it so that she could land on his back, which would help with that injured hoof.

Shadow watched the griffon lower down. "Thanks, what happened here, I was in the ever free in my home just about to go to bed at day before a changeling attacked. I flew and flew but my wings got tired! Then er..well?" She put on a really realistic scared face on and carefully stepped on his back.

"Please don't leave me," she pleaded sounding childish, despite her real changeling personality. As an Arieon Shadow knew she'd have to change.

"I'm shadow," she whispered.

Hawkeye's eyes shifted over to a pegasus nearby who was fighting off a couple of changelings. Not bad. "Hi," he said simply with a slight smile as she walked over.

He looked at the ponies around him, his eyes eventually settling on Silver. "So, how can I know you're not a changeling?" he asked. "I already proved myself."

Cory stared at him blankly. She blinked a few times. Can changelings turn into griffons? That may be the case, but the ponies around him seems to trust him. Even though, she still has to keep her guard up. She's only in the group for defense, and supplies. Nothing more, nothing less. She sighed as she flicked the 'changeling juice' out of her hoof with one swift action. There's a possibility it might stick on someone else's coat, but that none of her intentions.

"...I think I already proved myself..." She said to everyone present as she set her blades back on her bag.

She cant just stand around doing nothing. So, she turned around, and tried to convey the landscape. She stared at all the wrecked buildings. Some were on fire, some had changelings trapped under it, some were covered in 'juice', and some were just a pile of rubble. As she did, her red and blue orbs has spotted a griffon, and he seems to be carrying something, or someone.

She shook her head.

That was a foolish move. The griffon seemed to just swoop down and rescue this arieon, without knowing if she's a changeling or not. Yes, she's injured, but in this new world, where even your most loved ones can betray you, he should have spared a bit of time to know if he can trust him or not. If this arieon really is what she seems, then that would be good. But what would happen if she isnt? This griffon seems to be able to protect himself, but a disguised changeling can do so much.

By now, she has been debating what to do. She could do nothing and just stay with the group. Or, she can fly up to the griffon, and do what? She sighed at herself. She can be very idiotic at times. Even though, she doesnt even know if that griffon is even a griffon! she can be partners, flying around to look for bait. For someone to aimlessly go to them and 'help' them. She felt her anger boil at the thought.

((Can we let a swarm of changeling attack us or something? Lets do stuff! :D))

Blackwing didnt say a word as Shadow told her story. He didnt really care what her story was, he just wanted to help her be able to survive then go off on his own, and that was his plan if he could. When the bat said her name, Black decided to reply. "Blackwing" He said, his voice emotionless, same as his face. As he looks aroudn he see's some ponys nearby, though instead of going towards them he steered off, going the other way. He was taking no chances if he could afford it. They wanted him, even if they were really ponies who wanted his help, they were going to have to come and get him.

Shadow tilted her head. Why wasn't he going to join them? "What's wrong? Black where are you going?" Shadow inside smiled but kept her cool. She was confused and her hoof was really in pain and blood was dripping from the air onto the ground.

-------------

Silver smirked. You honestly believe I'm a changeling?" She laughed slightly before turning serious again.

"Pathetic, I wouldn't like my Princesses to go in hiding precisely Luna of course, I mean Chrysalis isn't exactly the kindest of all?" She said sarcastically before walking close to him, inches away from his face. "I would have killed you by now," she said whispering into his ear, lingering slightly before turning away.

Abby watched the events before her with curious eyes. Silver had whispered her proof into Hawks ear and a pegasus joined them. Abby sighed until she smelled blood. She went on high alert and scanned the area. She then saw a griffon with another aireon on his back. She shifted slightly then flew up to them. The griffon was flying away so she sped up and kept pace with him. As she got closer the blood smell grew stronger and there was also a strong changling smell. "Hi I'm Abby and did one of you have a close call with a changeling?" she looked at the injured aireon "Im guessing you did." she said

((was thinking the same thing, Fluff. Let's have some fun :D))

Hawk stood completely still as Silver whispered into his ear. He acted brave, but in all honesty, this aerion scared him just a little bit.

"Alright, alright, I believe you," he said. Then the griffon realized that the town was a little more quiet than usual. Weird. "Hold on a sec-"

He started to say, but then there was a shattering crash of a window breaking as a changeling leapt out of a window right above him in the building he was leaning against. Hakweye cursed under his breath as the thing landed right on top of him, followed by several more changelings that were heading for the others.

Hawk let out a grunt as the changeling on him bit hard into his forearm, trying to take form of him. "Yeah, that's not happening," he said to him, using his back paws to kick the thing off of him. It flew away a couple feet but got to its hooves again, preparing for a fight. But before it could jump onto Hawk again, the griffon already had his bow positioned, and shot. It hurt a little where the changeling bit. That wouldn't be good. Nevertheless, he hit the changeling as it fell, and looked to the others to see how they were holding up.

((Sorry dude, super busy these days AND lacking inspiration... With so many RPs it's not so easy either XD))

The group of four was making their way and getting closer to the others. They hadn't been noticed yet, apparently. Yet before they could even reach them, they could all see changeling coming and flying down on the group... The Flower Fillies wanted to help, but they too got confronted to the bug-like ponies. A few came down to them, one already coming too close to the fairy who was leading the group. This one would frown and pull out her staff already glowing and preparing its magic. The changeling in front of her wondered what the staff was and questionned itself about it. Shortly after, vines would grow out of the ground and grab the changeling, making it unable to use forelegs or hindlegs... Well so much for this one as it was now stuck and unable to get free.

The companions of this changeling got angry, of course, and would try to avenge their companion. The both of them took a stance, ready to bounce... So did Glady as well as Violet who positionned themselves next to the fairy. The earth mare had a smirk on her face, knowing that these scoundrels would be defeated within seconds. It was just a matter of when and how it would be done, but this would all be answered soon. They knew who the target was.

Glady, her hammer ready, watched the changeling who was angrily eyeing Seria and got herself by her side, also glaring at the opponent. The changeling would notice that it was already outnumbered and that their opponent seemed to be pretty serious about this. It would hiss at them, showing off its fangs. At this, Glady would reply by stomping the ground with both hooves strong enough to make the earth shake around her and the others, showing her feat of strength, which no other earth pony she knew ever had. This along with the size of the hammer she was carrying It was enough to induce fear in the changeling who was now rethinking its plan... taking on her was probably a very bad idea. It would start to back away and so would its companion who had noticed Glady's strength as well. Besides... they were outnumbered. They knew they wouldn't stand much of a chance being two against three. Perhaps if they had more allies, but this one...

Glady: Back off or I'm slamming you both to the ground!

She would finally say of a voice full of authority. The changelings would do wise to take these words seriously if they wanted to stay in one piece. And so they'd scatter on both sides to leave them alone, knowing they were of no match against them. Once they were gone, the group would start to advance again so it could come to the aid of the others.

Archived