The World of Remnant (Closed)

SymphonicFire

Midnight knew from the question, she had 2 option. Option one was to tell him T she was just curious and had had a bad dream, a lie she'd used time and time again...

"I'm going to do something extremely stupid and risky. I'm not asking you to stand by me when I do, but it's something I must..."

She looked out the window of the taxi, they were a minute, if, from the café she had asked to be dropped off at. It was a former Fang hideout before it had been ditched years ago, and she knew the internet was a pain to trace, she'd have a good number of minutes to get what she needed to get done.

"I'm going to hack into the police database and download every file they have on Torchwick and his recent activities. Slash mentioned an increase in Dust robberies, and to understand why, I need all the pieces of my puzzle..."  

Tehengu narrowed his eye a bit at that, giving a small hum. He watched her for another moment before giving a nod. 

"Very well." He said, letting the rest of the trip pass in silence. When they arrived, he got out with her before speaking. 

"I am going to help you where I can, Midnight." He said, nodding to her. 

Andrea had been walking around for awhile. Heading no where in particular, She just knew that she couldn't be in the dorm right now. She felt unwelcome there. But that was no one else's fault but her own. Eventually, after so much walking, Andrea found herself a bench and parked herself on it. " Ugh, why do people even wear skirts? " Andrea blushed and tugged at her skirt some more. " Feels like everyone is looking at my underwear. " she said, while repeatedly rearranging herself on her seat.

The scent led Slash out of the building and into the open. It was difficult to track her by scent since there was a slight breeze in the air. With that, Slash started to run around, looking for Andrea and trying to pick up her scent. Soon he spotted a girl sitting on a bench who seemed to be fidgeting a lot. Slash squinted his eyes to find out who it was. Sure, the girl had pink hair which was more or less the same length as Andrea's, but the girl was wearing a skirt and Andrea would never do that under normal circumstances. Slash decided to take a closer look, realizing that the girl was indeed Andrea. "If you put your knees together, no one will be able to see" Slash said, approaching her and taking a seat next to her on the bench. "Good afternoon..."

Midnight was more than surprised, she had sorta expected Tehengu to tell her off for doing something illegal, but he seemed to be standing with her, and she smiled, leading him into what appeared to be an abandoned building passing several build out parts of what looks like an old store, entering the backroom where over a dozen computers sat. Sitting herself down at the closest, she turned it on.

"Ok, so, T, I..i don't wanna be annoying, but can you go to the sever room past that door there and just double check that ip re-router is active? It'll be a small label in the switch box and it should be flashing green..."

Tehengu gazed around the room full of computers that Midnight had led him to, thinking over what they were about to do. While he knew this was illegal, so was vigilantism, and he still did that before joining the school. He followed the law in most cases, but when it came to taking down criminals, he was willing to circumvent them a bit. Besides, she would probably do this regardless, so better that he help and minimize the damage.

When she spoke to him, he looked at her, blinking a bit at her words before nodding and heading off into the server room to locate the re-router.

Midnight powered up the computer, her fingers moving quickly to bring up what she needed. She was thankful for T to put so much on the line for her when he didn't have to.

In the server room, covered with blinking lights and complicated computers, the box wasn't hard to find. Under a small label named 'ip proxy', a green light flickered simply.

"If you wish to keep an eye on her, then do so. The girl is lost and is in the middle of her own problems." Cinder smirked. "The thing we need to focus on right now is hack into the security system so that we will be able to do the same to the communications tower. We can use a school library computer to do the job".

Andrea kept fidgeting around until she heard someone start to talk near her. Immediately upon hearing the voice, Andrea blushed heavily , let out a light gasp and tightly crossed her legs. Upon noticing that it was Slash, Andrea looked away. " Gee, If only I had thought of that... " she said sarcastically while resting her head on her hands in a vain attempt to hide her reddened cheeks. " Well? If you're here to castigate me just do it. I probably deserve it anyway.... "

• Like 1

Slash raised an eyebrow at what Andrea said. "No, I came to try and comfort you" Slash said, scratching his head. "Although I did wish you didn't do that, Midnight slapped me because of it." He turned his head to look at her, smiling a little. "I've never thought you'd act this way, it's almost scary" he muttered. "Also, what happened to my pants? Did you throw them away?!"

His gaze moved down to Andrea's skirt that showed off her legs, a blush crept onto Slash's face and he immediatly averted his eyes. "You look good in a skirt, and I'm not just saying that" he said, hiding his face with his wrist. 

• Like 1

" Hmph, Comfort me huh? Why would you do that? You're probably just here for your own interests.  " Andrea let out another humph and scooted farther away on the bench. " Yeah, well. I am full of surprises. Terrifying, scary, dangerous, surprises I guess. " Slightly turning her head over to Slash, Andrea noticed exactly what she wanted to avoid! Blushing hard and with mouth held agape, Andrea stood up, walked over to Slash and said " Oh I bet you're not just saying that ya big perv! " before aiming a slap at whatever hunk of face was not covered by his wrist. Sitting back down and facing away from the naughty perv, Andrea began obsessively tugging, placing and replacing her skirt. " You're pants are probably somewhere on the floor in the room.... "

• Like 1

Slash watched Andrea get up and smack him him the face. "Okay, I probably deserved it, I'll give you that" he sighed, rubbing his cheek for the second time today. He said nothing when Andrea confessed to dumping his pants on the floor, watching the scenery and a nearby fountain. He heard Andrea continuously fidget with her skirt, slightly annoying him. "I have spare clothes that should be alright for you to wear...if you don't mind a t-shirt and cargo pants. If you still don't want to go into the room because they are there, I can go check for you" he offered, still looking straight ahead. "...you can tell me to go away if you want y'know"

"T! Have you found it? I need to know before I hack in!"

Back in the main room, Midnight was wearing large bulky headphones and had 3 different moniters attached to her keyboard, moving her wheeling chair between them as she made sure she was ready for combat against the machines of the Vale Police Force.

Blushing and holding the skirt with her hands, Andrea sighed  " Yeah. Probably! " she said, words dripping with venom. Feeling a tad frustrated having no outlet, Andrea stood herself back up. " I don't need your stuff. I'm just gonna have to manage and get more clothes. " Andrea looked back at Slash " But I can't make you go anywhere. I'm gonna go outside. I think I need some air. " With that Andrea Made her way outside and to the nearest tree. Arriving at the tree, Andrea climbed up and sulked to herself for a bit.

"Very well then, see ya" Slash shrugs, getting up and heading back to their room. He didn't care much about Andrea's attitude now, nor does he care if his other teammates are still in their room, waiting to scowl at him or whatever. Arriving back at their room, he found out that it was actually empty. "That's good. I should take a nap to relieve some stress" he said, picking up his stained pants and putting it in a bag with the rest of his dirty clothes. He picked up the bag took a tub of his favorite ice-cream from the freezer and went back out to the laundry room that was in the middle of the floor they were on. Quickly shoving the clothes into the washing machine, he poured in the softener and the detergent before starting the machine, pulling himself on top of it and started eating his desert. 

Hearing Tehengu say it was working, Midnight got to work. Using a false I.D, she entered the secure system and used a virus to search for all files related to the White Fang and Torchwood, downloading them onto the computer in front of her, which would promptly scramble the data, reform it at a remove location, then re-direct it back to the computer, then upload itself onto her tablet. Long story short, untraceable, and untouchable. Midnight was completely silent as she worked, fingers moving quickly.

After 10 minutes of silence, she turned the screens off, and smiled up at Tehengu. She knew he probably felt annoyed he didn't do anything really, but the reason she brought him wasn't to do it, but to, show his support, in a way. She could have gone along, but she trusted him, and enough to let him see what she did. "Bingo, all the files on Torchwood, Roman, as well as...others, compiled and ready..."

• Like 1

Midnight shrugged, one of her hands gently tracing the white fang pendant around her neck "H-honestly? We're in town, do you wanna like, do something...? Get a drink, because.....there are a few things I need to ask..."

• Like 1

Midnight nods her head, she needed to get things off her chest, not all of it, but enough to make her feel better. Exiting the former Fang hideout, she began walking. Ironically enough, she had absoutlely 0 clue where she was headed, and she passed street after street before realizing a simple fact.

"..I've got no clue where we are...."

Tehengu followed her as they walked, looking around to see if there was any trouble. When she spoke, he looked around again to get his bearings. 

"I think we need to go this way." He said, taking the lead and heading in what he thought was the direction to where they were going. 

Midnight blushed, flustered at getting them lost and quietly following him. She mulled it over, a café would make things more, official? But people could listen in...while out here...

"It's, dust T...Roman's suddenly become interested in Dust. Usually it was a little here and there...now it's entire shipments, stores, everything that has dust he's nabbing. Additionally, the Fang, w-we don't use dust, not as a main force at least. So if i'm honest..." Midnight knew all too well that night when everything changed, that women was behind all of this. The question now falls to the why and the how. "He's planning something, big, and he's convinced the higher ups of the Fang to back him up somehow..."

While she could have told him about the women, the 3rd force, without any solid information, it was pointless to bring it up. She needed proof more than anything...the real question, was how would she get dirt on someone who, according to police, didn't exist.

• Like 1

Dust? Why would they need that much dust? Supplying an army would be no easy task, but they shouldn't need that much dust to do it. What else could it be for?

"We'll just have to stop them from executing their plan then." He said, his mind still trying to piece together possibilities.