The World of Remnant (Closed)

SymphonicFire

"Issue being, what is the plan? But more importantly T...Who is calling the shots? I need to find out, one way or the other. I'm not asking you to join, in fact, it'll be safer if you don't, the less anyone does, the less chance of them finding out i'm investigating...Just, keep your ears open eh?"

• Like 1

Tehengu frowned at her words, looking over to her as she said he shouldn't join her in the investigation. Sure, a large group would draw suspicion, but he didn't think two people would draw much more than one. 

"I don't like letting you do this alone. I'll keep my ears open, of course, but I'm not going to just let you do this without someone to watch your back." He said, keeping his eye on her. 

Silver followed the two females into the library and began to subtly check each aisle to make sure they were free to do as they  pleased. "Who reads books any more?" He muttered to himself as he took up a guard post next to the door. 

Midnight suspected he would react like he did, after all, Tehengu was Tehengu, it was that part of his nature, one she enjoyed.

"Had a feeling you wouldn't let me go alone...Fine, just, be careful. I can't say for certain, but there is more to this than meets the eye..."

She was lying, she hated it, but she had to. Grim was her responsibility, her fault to deal with. She couldn't drag him into her fight, it wasn't fair to drag him, into her fight...her war. Plus, that meant revealing everything, and she trusted him, just, not that much. Not to depart with her darkest secrets.

• Like 1

"Aisha, the computer" Cinder said as she glanced at Silver who was standing guard. "Once you are done, check the police records and delete any evidence of White Fang movements. Leave Torchwick's files there, it's none of my business".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I wonder if I actually freaked Andrea out" Slash said to himself, shoving another spoonful of ice-cream into his mouth after. "Now I'm a terrible leader and a pervert...". Slash heard a buzz and hopped off the washing machine, opening the door and taking out his clean clothes. He looked up at the clock, realizing that the assembly was about to start soon. "I'll text the others when I get back" he told himself as he shoved the wet clothes into this bag and walked back into the room. It was at that moment when he saw the formal clothes on the bed, making him furrow his brows and clench his fists. "...I forgot to pay her back...plus I need Andrea here so that I could tailor her dress..."

Midnight followed Tehengu into the diner, finding them a table off to the side and sitting herself down. Part of her was still uncertain if she should tell him about Grim, or about that women. She wanted to, but it wouldn't help. All it would do is paint a large target symbol on his back, or, well, bigger. After all, if Grim was angry after the style of leaving, he'd target Tehengu before targeting her. But if she didn't drag him into it, she'll handle it all on her own. She had to! She was so lost in thought that she was staring at Tehengu the entire time with a look of absence in her eyes.

"Hello, what will you....." The waitness, a short human girl with burning red hair smiles over at Tehengu, noticing the girl he was with was in a world of her own "Hello sir, how can I help you?"

Tehengu frowned a bit as he noticed Midnight's look. What was she thinking about? Better not be thinking of cutting him out of this, they were partners after all. 

"I'll take a coffee, please." He said, turning to look at the waitress. He used his foot to shake Midnight's leg and hopefully break her out of the trance. 

The girl nodded her head, turning to face Midnight, who was still staring off into her own world, even the kick not fully awakening her from her thoughts.

'Its not like i'm trying to hurt him, i'm trying to protect him. He'll get involved one way or the other, but the level. If he gets known by Grim, he'll be hunted. That's my balance...I've got to figure out where Grim would get his information...'

"E-excuse me sir, I don't mean to be rude..." starts the waitress "Your date seems to be, w-well, not all here"

• Like 1

'If Grim even learns about my team, he'll hunt them all. It doesn't matter, even Andrea, just because we're teammates...Does that mean I need to distance myself from them in order to protect them? Or do I need to hide their existence from any outsider in order to save them?'

Midnight was shaken out of her mind feeling something grab her shoulders, looking around paniced before spotting it was in fact Tehengu, and realization dawned on her she had zoned out "H-hey...."

• Like 1

Tehengu chuckled slightly as the waitress left, letting go of Midnight's shoulders and taking his seat again. 

"I don't suppose you would want to share what that was all about?" He asked, smiling a bit at her. 

Midnight smiles sheepishly at Tehengu as he sat down.

"Just....thinking, about that Roman human...I don't know, just, something doesn't add up, and I hate not knowing what doesn't fit..."

Tehengu hummed slightly at her response, watching her still. He wished he could say he believed her, but he doubted that was all that was about. 

"I know what you mean, important info keeping just out of your grasp." He said, smiling a bit at her reassuringly. 

Midnight nodded her head. They knew stuff, just not everything, and that was the battle. Wasn't a battle of might, or speed, but information.

"This is just...annoying..." She went silent as the waitress returned with their drinks, thanking the girl.

"I don't know where to go next...the next step...its, a mystery..."

"You could ask around. Go to Torchwick's associates and info from them." Tehengu suggested after the waitress left again. He took a drink from his cup, leaving the coffee black. 

Midnight nodded her head. T had a good point, and ordinarily, that would be a perfect start. But that women...That women was the key to all of it. Then again, maybe investigating Torchwick would draw her out?

So far for certain, she knew the Fang and that women, the 3rd force, were in league. She also knew Torch and the Fang had an alliance, however to what end she didn't know. The real question was then, did Torch and the women have a mutual alliance or was the Fang caught in the middle? If she was right, that all 3 were working in tandem, then T was right. If she investigated each of them individually, they'd begin to overlay and that's when she'd learn how high up this went, But that meant starting...

"You're absolutely right T...Ok i'll need a day or so to figure everything out, then we begin. And, until we know we can trust them, don't tell the others. Slash's heart may be in the right place, but until Andrea, changes, I don't want to trust her, with nothing"  

• Like 1

"Wasn't planning to tell them. Even if we could trust them with this, you are right that too many people investigating will just draw unwanted attention." Tehengu said, keeping his gaze on Midnight.