I Just read a Mammoth of a Fanfiction called Fallout Equestria

SiriusShenanigans

So, I finally finished reading this 2000 page monster of a fanfiction that I have heard is pretty popular called Fallout Equestria. 2000 pages wasn't a walk in the park, so I feel like I'd see if I had any companions in reading this stupid long but still entertaining epic. I started running a roleplaying campaign inspired by it with some friends so I've had it on the brain as of late.

I've read FoE twice I think, and have also listened to it as an audio book. I'm not even a Fallout player, but I still love this story.

I also read FoE: Project Horizons and FoE: Murky Number Seven, both of which are almost complete. Really recommend Murky, Horizons not so much. The author of Horizons loves to torture his main character mercilessly, and it gets old after a while.

I haven't read it. You know what I think?

Meh.

I'm not into anything that crosses over ponies and games(Except for Phoenix Wright, that mixes so well for me for some reason!)... I've seen multiple kinds and even those that could just be as great as this epic of FoE.

Just not my thing...

If you liked FoE, I suggest reading/listening to Upheaval: Breaking Point and Upheaval: Reckoning. Both FanStories (Seriously, these two go far beyond fanfictions) are very powerful and bring to light a new side to our favorite MLP characters and locations.

Edit: If you do decide to listen to it, listen to the story on youtube.com by a youtuber named Forest Rain. His voice is amazing.

I got to know Forest Rain in person for a little bit through the dc bronies. He is a canadian, but there was a girl he was sweet on in the dc bronies, the one who inspired the "Isn't it great to be different?" song, and at bronycon 2013 he proposed to her, but like a year later they aren't together. Anyway, the point is, I know who you are talking about. Anyway, I'll give it a look. Although, it will be weird reading stories focused on the main six. I kind of like them being in the periphery, maybe because I don't trust anybody to write good pinkie pie. OCs when done well are good, because they add new blood and get some outside perspectives. Cast characters have to live up to what is established for them, so its hard for them to grow or be more than what they are previously. I guess if it is well written, none of that matters though.

I've read FoE twice I think, and have also listened to it as an audio book. I'm not even a Fallout player, but I still love this story.

I also read FoE: Project Horizons and FoE: Murky Number Seven, both of which are almost complete. Really recommend Murky, Horizons not so much. The author of Horizons loves to torture his main character mercilessly, and it gets old after a while.

I've heard good things about murky number seven, but as it is, I am like 19ish chapters into Project Horizons, because my friends swear by it. Its interesting, and I know it has potential, but it doesn't have as much of the comedy power of the original so far. I just want the morally bankrupt adventures of Steel hooves... calamity can be there too.

I understand where you're coming from about the worry that the cast won't be the same as in the show; but I guarantee you they are, and then some. So even though new items and features/attitudes will be brought to the filly heroes and their loved ones/ponies they know, they'll still be the same ol' mane six and Spike we know and love... in the beginning at least.

Oh my, I my, I love big fanfics and I cannot lie. A book with a spine bigger than It's cover gets me sprung... :)

I am reading right now "machinations of a trickster" for second time, a fic so humongous not even my Kindle can give me a pagecount, but a quick calculation sets it at 1651 pages :) I commented it's the second time I read it? :razz:

Archived