Taken Away by Chance, Part 1 (GRAND REOPENING! Recruiting!)

Noedig

NightMare

XXXXXXXXXXRed Lambet

Twilight SparkleXXXXXXXXXX

Hector Varskie

'Fownus... Phoelix' NightMare thought to herself, taking in the name. It was quiet unique, not like one she had ever heard of before. After a few seconds, she finally began to move, trotting towards him. Once she caught up to him, she slowed down and matched his pace. She didn't say any more, she didn't even look at him; she just walked through the snow and on the rocky terrain.

Hector looked at the group as they took his wording rather literal. "I suppose 'attack' wasn't the right word; but scouting the area out first does seem like a good first step. If anything, we must know where it is good to fight at and good to run and hide at." He said to them.

Twilight hesitated at first; she had to admit, even though she had fought before against creatures much bigger than her, but she didn't like it at all. Yet, if it meant saving Equestria; and even the world... "Then, I believe it's settled. We'll search the surrounding areas to see if we can find this Kronis." She said to them all.

Hector nodded, then looked over at the guards that were standing watch. He happened to see the one that had a strange look in his eyes; and something strange about his eyes too. "How about we direct this conversation... elsewhere. Without the guards. Are you okay with that Miss Twilight?" He asked her.

Twilight seemed a little confused at first, but she then nodded. "Yeah, we can go outside since we're going to be searching anyways." She stated, then led the group out through the front gates.

Hector made sure to keep up with Noedig as everyone walked. "So, you know information that the council doesn't about Kronis; besides that he sounds to be clone of you?" He asked Noedig.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tehengu nodded in agreement as the consensus seemed to be that they were to start searching for this Kronis. The griffon lifted an eyebrow at Hector's request to move the conversation away from the guards, his eye traveling over the guards present, giving a hum as he stopped on the one the human had been looking at previously. He stood where he was, watching the guard in question as the others walked out, eventually following behind them.

"Did you feel the same thing about that guard?" Tehengu asked simply to Hector, catching up to the human. "My instincts were saying something was different about him."

after a few seconds, the guards relaxed some, as they no longer had royalty in the room. The changeling among them relaxed a bit too, slipping away unnoticed and shedding his disguise and the armor before taking on a new form, this one an unassuming earth pony in contrast to his previous form of a red pegasus. He sighed a bit, his now brown eyes looking around a bit before he slipped back out of the room he had changed in and out of the castle, simply walking behind the group just close enough to hear what was being said.

Formosa's eyes darted around the room before she walked out with everybody else. As they walked she frequently looked behind them, but all she saw were normal ponies. However, she continue to study all of them, looking for any signs of anything suspicious. Her eyes arrowed and she humphed before turning her back forward just because she didn't want to bump into anybody.

"... Not a clone." He said, clarifying his meanings. "I would call it an unpredictable event of demerit. He was pulled into this so called 'retribution' about me against his will. That's what made him what he is. He believes I'm to blame for his condition."

----------

Currently 2/5 way there, Agri has been having difficulty with breathing, she's convinced that the plants are clearly not the only thing make it struggling for her. Something else in this grudged plateau is causing this... She looks in even more detail, she still sees plants from a considerably safe distance, dead trees, dried dirt... and she just realized she's in some sort of fog.

She tried walking faster... it got thicker.

Suddenly, she walked into a marshy environment! She's befuddled, she never noticed that before.

The trees are alive now, no longer dead... and those trees have a creepy feeling than a depressing feeling before.

The light is no longer visible...

It's darker, warmer, foggier, and more deadly than before.

"What kind of place is this?!" She exclaimed in confusion.

----------

Kronis has been looking for some opening in this snowstorm, and has no luck finding it so far.

"Rrurrr..." He growled.

----------

Chance has been searching for any hints of Kronis' destructive trail... so far none.

"Good..." She sighed. "So far, he's not here in this populated environment."

(considering I have one character secretly following the group, and the other talking only to Hector at the moment, I don't really have anything to add without bringing in more characters.)

• 2 weeks later...

Before the human contact incident... seven years ago.

//You are requesting for a double integer code creation for, The Megalo Threat protocol...

//Verify name and designation.

"No name.  Designation, N dash four seven one."

//No name recognized. Designation is priority one...

//Access granted. Input double integer code.

(\\3751832969437580032174655952259 . 649713083651806369274680521787558062793163944775\\)

//Code created. Input any further commands.

"Create an integer switch, voice command only."

//Setting up voice command. Speak after the tone goes off. You have three seconds...

*BEEP*

"... ... ... Right."

//Voice command recorded. Input any further commands.

"No other commands. Shut down after saving this file."

//Saving file...

//Shutting down.

-Blip-

-Vruuuuueeeaaaaaaah-

//Verify name and designation.

"No name. Designation, N dash four seven one."

//No name recognized. Designation priority one.

//Access granted. At your command.

"Set up another log recording, voice record only."

//Setting up audio log number 8273.

"No. Rename the log."

//Please type in the new name for this audio log.

(\\Limbo.\\)

//Name reestablished. Beginning recording... now.

"I've finally got out of limbo. And many things have changed over the past 28 years. I've missed a lot of opportunities to get out of my condition. After what's happened, it won't happen again. I'm ready this time. He won't get to me like that again... which is why I won't be making any more contact with anyone again... no more friends."

"End log."

//Audio log ended.

"Save and shut down."

//Saving... shutting down.

-Blip-

• 1 month later...

(This music is the theme for the Taken Away by Chance. Been a while since we posted, so I might as well continue this again it for you guys.)

https://soundcloud.com/noedig-1/inexpressibilis-stellarum

No idea where to go, Agri had no choice but to move in one direction. All this fog and thick trees that came out of nowhere are blocking the direction of the sun's location.

She walked for many minutes. Possibly for about an hour.

Until-- finally something different was found. A hut.

It was a strange, small hut. The entry was shorter than a regular size for a human...

Agri assumed this hut was built by a very short person. She hoped it wasn't a cannibal pygmy.

Interestingly, no skulls or any deceased bodies were found around this place.

The impression is, it's not a hostile or barbaric place.

She found masks around the hut. They looked like African masks, though, something was a bit off about them...

So, she combined what she saw with the impression of this area. The person is a short, harmless African that lives in a thick swamp. At least, that's what she thinks. She has no idea what she's in for...

Luckily, Agri knew a lot of languages around the world-- HER world. She was originally taught to speak English. But she adapted the accent of the countryside french. She knows a lot of languages, though not all, since some were secret or lost in the past.

She attempted Swahili in greeting.

She heard a gasp at first sound... but no more response after that.

Then she tried Nigerian.

No response.

Zimbabwean, Afrikaans, etc... nothing.

Then she tried English.

"Hello? Is anyone there? I mean no harm, I'm just lost... I have no idea how came here. When I first got here I was in the middle of nowhere. It was empty, dead, and filld with strange plants and lizards. Then the whole area transformed into a swamp... here."

No response after a while until someone spoke from within the hut.

"You seek guidance, that you do. But how would I be able to trust you?"

"... Yes. I'm not a threat to you. You can trust me. Come on out if you want. Or... I'll leave if that's what you wish... I'll just be as lost as I have in the first place, though."

"True, true, that may be so... very well... out I will go."

Agri was glad she made some sort of relationship with the stranger.

But her gladness turned to bizarre wonder when the supposedly short person came out.

It was a zebra. A small zebra, the size of a pony.

The zebra spoke again.

"My, my. You look confused! As am I, it must be a ruse!"

"A... talking.... animal...." Was Agri's first words after that remark.

"Call me an animal, dare you? Never call anypony that, should you!"

"I meant no offense! But this is amazing! You're the first zebra I've ever seen in my entire life that has ever talked... ever. It's scientifically mind-boggling that you can talk. Even so in rhymes!"

"We can talk, whatever do you mean? Surely YOU are the first creature ever to be seen."

"We're billions of humans on this Earth..."

"Earth, ground? No sense was found."

"What do you mean?"

"This is Equestria, we ponies are everywhere. You are not familiar by rich, poor, or fair."

"Ponies? Equestria? How do we speak the same language?"

"That's a mystery, which I do not know. Perhaps some help with friends I'd be willing to show..."

"I'm sorry. You're certainly not an animal for sure. You just look exactly like the zebras that inhabit our world... except they're not as sentient as you."

"I don't wish to play game of identity. May I know your name, for my inquiry?"

"Ah, yes... My name is Agri. Agri Trestor."

"Zecora is my name. Remedy is my game."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived