(Ponyville)Crime Doesn't Pay... (PM for Invite)

Ashton

ninja_scoots_by_fluffytuli-d5by6if.png
Scootaloo

A black-cloaked pegasus scurried along between the trees of the forest... she grinned as she saw her target, Trixie's old wagon... with and luck the unicorn had left some valuable things behind, after all Scotos needed some bits to repair her scooter after last weeks... er... incident...

She moved quick and quiet, quite the opposite of how her idol usually did things, and she got to the door and slipped out her lockpicks...

There was a blinding flash as she inserted them into the lock...

-----

cornered_by_deadparrot22-d5rc743.pngtrixie_neighsayers_by_jeatz_axl-d6htpeu.

Scootaloo stared up at a crystalline-stone ceiling, and a very angry looking blue unicorn

"A foal? Really? Of all the ponies to try to break into my old wagon, it was just a foal?"

Scootaloo smiled awkwardly "yep, just a foal learning what not to do, no reason to do anything rash! I'm sure I learned my lesson!"

"considering the toolkit I you have in your bags I think it's too late... perhaps I should just send you straight to Tartarus!"

Scootaloo whimpered, her eyes growing big and scared

Trixie walked off, dragging Scootaloo along "TWILIGHT! TWILIGHT!" she called "I NEED YOUR ADVICE!"

after a few minutes they found the princess, face-first on a pile of papers, no doubt more past-due notices on all kinds of bills since she refused to double-tax the inhabitants of Ponyville... she probably had her faithful dragon out looking for something along the lines of a bounty for chasing parasprites out of a city somewhere so she could make the bill payments...

"*ahem* PRINCESS TWILIGHT!"

The alicorn leapt up, her wings flapping without thinking and she hit her head on the ceiling from the extra-strong jump, and she fell right back down, sending papers flying

twilight_is_pissed_by_hourglass_vectors-

"what? did something happen? Did spike find us another bounty?" she asked sleepily as she rubbed her sore head, then she blinked "Scootaloo!"

"Yes, I caught this scamp trying to break into my old wagon" said Trixie

Twilight sighed "Scootaloo..."

"Well what was I supposed to do? I need to fix my scooter... and that window... and replace the plants..." she said

"yes, I remember that incident..." said Twilight "...that's still not an excuse to steal!" she sighed "just do what you think is appropriate, try not to hurt her though, she's still a foal..."

Trixie grinned a vicious grin "I'll teach you not to steal from ME!"

-----

colour_test___salamander_by_paelfire-d6s

A larger-than-average orange salamander with purple strikes scurried up the tree of the CMC clubhouse, most curious was the tiny crusader cape it wore as it dove into a crack and hurried inside...

(ooc) Saw that this was an OPEN RP, just couldn't resist

U4NzHv7s.jpgTex Critter

Walking around in the wilderness singing and laughing with all of his gathered animals friends, Tex Critter, the Western themed cowpony stallion entertainer, rested for a moment beneath a nearby tree.

"Ok ya little buckeroos, time for a break," the unicorn stallion said, producing a small pouch with treats for his 'friends'.  The rustling of the bag was enough to prompt Tex's furry entourage to gather around.  There was Bucky the beaver, who was the unofficial leader of the group, followed by three white furred rabbits, Rex, a tall Golden retriever and a twitchy brown squirrel.

"Alright y'all!  Settle down, got plenty of treats fer all of ya!" Tex neighed, using his unicorn magic to levitate the correct treat for each furry companion.  For Bucky and the rabbits, carrots.  For Rex, a bone shaped doggie treat and for the squirrel, several acorns.  As the Western attired stallion reached into the bag to find something for him to munch on, the animals were enjoying their treats.  While Bucky finished his second carrot, he happened to glance upward to the treehouse in a nearby tree.  The eyes of the beaver gazed at the odd looking striped salamander rushing up the trunk.  Bucky had never seen such a large reptile before, and even he could tell there was something odd about it.  Bucky turned towards Tex and began crittering, jumping and pointing up at the treehouse.

"Say Bucky, what's the matter?  Whatcha tryin' ta tell me?" Tex asked as he 'listened' to the excited beaver.  "A strange lizard?  Biggest ya ever saw?  Goin' up in that thar treehouse?  Well ol' pal, tain't nothin' weird about that.  They's all kinda weird critters out here in the woods.  Whatcha mean we orta look inta it?  We best not mess with somethin' that ain't none of our business.  Bucky?  HAY BUCKY!  WHERE YA GOIN'?"

The determined beaver quickly scampered up the wooden steps of the treehouse.  Inspired by their 'leader,' the three rabbits soon followed while the squirrel preferred to climb up the tree on her own.

"Come back here, ya crazy critters!  That thar's private property!  You could git me in a peck of trouble!" Tex pleaded as the stallion quickly pursued his animal friends up the stairs.  "C'mon Rex, reckon I don't wanna leave ya out."

Soon Tex Critter and all his animal friends stood in front of the opened door of the treehouse.

"Hello?  Anypony home?" Tex softly asked.  He was sure he was going to have a lot of explaining to do to the owner, if the owner was there. 

dyt8rsYm.jpg

A harmonica was being played loudly and proudly as a small dark brown filly cantered down the road. Bebop was on her way back to her grandparent's house as per usual, but something weird caught her eye. Was that a menagerie attacking the Cutie Mark Crusader's clubhouse? Now this little filly had never been part of the crusaders, She did rather like the idea of their little club. Being a Blankflank as certain members of her class in ponyville had pointed out, She was eager to find out what her special talent was... So far all she had to go on was her love of music. She could play a harmonica like an old pro but she hadn't gotten a mark in that, she could shred a guitar well enough to melt the horn off a rock loving unicorn's face and still no stinkin' cutie mark on her butt! It was enough to drive a filly crazy.

Once she'd seen this random pony and several other creatures attacking the clubhouse, Bebop couldn't just stand idly by! The chocolate colored filly but on the most intimidating look on her little mug as she could (which as it turns out to just be more like a look of huffiness than of ferocity) and galloped over to the stallion and his animals. 

Tex critter would have felt a magical tap at his shoulder and seen a mildly displeased looking filly sitting on her haunches behind him. In front of her was a small notepad with very neat hoofwriting on it that said, "Now What do YOU think you're doing to my classmate's clubhouse?!"

To those who aren't aware, Bebop Slide is mute. She communicates by writing on her notepad.

Scootaloo hid int he shadows, the light reflecting on her now-sideways-slitted-pupils as she tried to tell them to go away, when came out as just a hiss, she scurried forward, not noticing that her cape got torn off on a nail near the floor, she was looking around wildly, more than a little scared of all the 'huge' creatures in the clubhouse now, and as such her hide began to glisten with a hallucinogenic poison that was being secreted...

((Not a powerful poison, but enough to taste bad and give anything that trabs her in it's mouth a bad trip for a few minutes :D))

As Tex Critter stood at the door, waiting for a reply from inside the clubhouse, the husky stallion felt a gentle tapping on his shoulder.  Turning to see the source of the tapping, the unicorn glanced down to see Bebop and her written message.

"Oh, howdy thar little lady, do y'all know who owns this, house?" he asked.  "I'm Tex Critter, an' I ran up here when mah pet beaver Bucky came a-runnin' up them stairs cause he saw some sorta big reptile critter.  Bucky told me it wasn't yur usual lizard critter but it came up in here an' he was afraid that.."

As Tex was still trying to explain himself to Bebop, Bucky chittered and pointed at the rather large salamander that scampered across the floor. 

"Would ya lookie at that!" Tex neighed before Bucky held up a paw, causing the unicorn stallion to stop speaking.  Going to a lower tone, Bucky quickly 'told' Tex and the rest of the animals to stay still and don't make any sudden movements.  The determined beaver, knowledgeable in nearly all animal languages, slowly moved towards the salamander.  Stopping a safe distance from it, Bucky began to 'speak' to the Scootaloo salamander.

"Do not be afraid.  I and my companions are here to help you.  My name is Bucky and I know there is something different about you.  Your vibe and movement is unlike your species.  I can sense you are in distress.  Please, tell me what is wrong so I and my friends can help you." Bucky said, understandable to Scootaloo, the rabbits, the squirrel, Rex and Tex but would sound like senseless chittering to Bebop (or any other pony around).

Sweetie was having a grand old time preparing her clubhouse. Well, not her clubhouse. THEIR clubhouse. And if any single pony did have a better claim to it, it would have to be Apple Bloom. But none of that mattered because today Sweetie Belle was in charge of stocking the clubhouse this week ahead of their huge weekly meeting where they would plan the rest of the week's crusade. Normally Apple Bloom would be in charge of stocking the clubhouse with everything they would need, but she was busy and it was up to Sweetie Belle. She had loads of free time! Rarity was going to help Sweetie with her sewing but a large order had come in so Sweetie had a suddenly super free day. She had thought about trying to earn her cutie mark with Pinkie Pie by baking cupcakes but she had just eaten them- so this was how her free day was going to spent. Yay!

Apple Bloom knew. Did Scootaloo? Sometimes Scootaloo did it. Sweetie had sent a message and assumed that she got it but she hadn't heard back from the flight-maybe-capable member of the Crusaders. That was a little strange for Scootaloo. She was normally lickity split fast on the response buuuut she was also so busy and active! She had seemed awfully worried about the incident with her scooter and seemed liable to do something silly, but she wouldn't ever never ever not be on top of her Crusader obligations! Maybe she was trying to get a new scooter. Maybe she had learned how to fly and was pulling off some 'cool moves' with Rainbow Dash. Maybe she already had her cutie mark! Oh my Celestia that would be the coolest thing ever! And it would explain why she hadn't responded. Until she was proven wrong that would be what her Scootaloo related headcanon was for the day.

And it was as she was sweeping up that something absolutely WONDERFUL happened! She heard what sounded like scurrying but was more like scuttling. Her head snapped around and she saw this beautiful looking salamandarizard! It was so PRETTY! Orange with purple striping, which would make it the Scootaloo of all Salamandarizards. Oh, it was also pretty big! That meant it was more hug size and less curl around a hoof size. She always wanted a pet salamandarizard of her own even if this was the first time she had ever seen one. But wait, there was even more! A cute beaver showed up and started chatting with the salamandarizard! Sweetie Belle didn't understand what they were saying but they sounded cute, and from all the other sounds she could guess there were a lot of other critters running about to. Usually they didn't want to have critters running around the clubhouse but they were so cute!

Sweetie trotted up behind the salamandarizard just as it started to have that poison glisten her hide. It made her even prettier! Sweetie Belle definitely picked it up, hissing and all. “Oh my Celestia you're so *pretty*! I'm going to find a place to put you so the girls can see you! Are you a girl salamandarizard? Are there girl salamandarizards? Aww you're all wet!” Sweetie Belle giggled as she started to trot back. They had a doll house they could put her in. Maybe one of the dolls had a diaper for the salamandarizard. Granted, the whole thing was wet but Sweetie didn't have a plan. Just as she was digging through the pile of dollhouse stuff she realized there were more PONIES outside. Well, if they brought animal friends they couldn't be too bad. What did Rarity say? Always say hello to strangers? Something like that? “Come on in! I have a new pet salamandarizard! Isn't she pretty?”

oeruiIA.jpg

"Oh, howdy thar little lady, do y'all know who owns this, house?" he asked.  "I'm Tex Critter, an' I ran up here when mah pet beaver Bucky came a-runnin' up them stairs cause he saw some sorta big reptile critter.  Bucky told me it wasn't yur usual lizard critter but it came up in here an' he was afraid that.."

"Would ya lookie at that!" Tex neighed before Bucky held up a paw, causing the unicorn stallion to stop speaking.

The little unicorn stared at the stallion suspiciously before she picked up her notepad and began to write again. She took a small pencil in her mouth, the writing implement worn down from it's regular use. Her magic engulfing both, Bebop took her harmonica in her hooves and began to play to give the pony a vague idea of her mood. The notes she played were low, the tempo and cadence seemed to give a feeling of suspicion. Seems the young pony was still wary of this stranger and all his animals.

Once she'd finished writing down her  thoughts she showed the stallion what was on her notebook's page. "This place belongs to the Cutie Mark Crusaders." Underneath the words was a picture of three fillies, one of each of the usual unicorn species. "Just make sure your beaver doesn't take any of the wood, okay?" The dark brown filly turned the page again, "I'm Bebop. Are you a friend of Fluttershy or something?" Before Tex could answer though, his pet beaver stopped him from talking. Just who was the master of who in this relationship?!  Just as Bebop tried to question why the beaver was acting like he was in charge of whatever was going on, a familiar voice called out from the Treehouse.

“Come on in! I have a new pet salamandarizard! Isn't she pretty?”

It was Sweetie Belle! Bebop's classmate and member of the titular crusaders. The blonde unicorn waved at Sweetie with a smile on her face before nodding. As she looked over the creature she looked back to Tex and wrote down something else, "You're right, that thing is kinda big." The jazzy little pony approached the treehouse and held her notebook above her head asking if she could really come in.

what? I'm not in a dress, I got turned into a lizard! exclaimed scotoaloo I'm a pony! I got caught -ack- right int he middle of ehr explanation her unicorn friend picked her up and started playing with her Stop it sweetie! I'm not a pet! I'm scootaloo! Scoo-ta-loo! she exclaimed in a mixture of reptillian noises that no doubt meant nothing to the unicorn foal

IF sweeteibelle looked where the "salamandarizard" had apepared from she'd see the tiny little crusader cape and inside the pocket, an even tinier, though still creepy, rainbow-dash doll...

As Bucky continued to watch and listen to the Scootaloo salamander, now in Sweetie Belle's grasp, Tex Critter read all the messages from Bebop's writing pad.

"Yep Bebop, I am a friend of Fluttershy, an' don't ya worry none about Bucky.  He ain't gonna munch on no wood an.."

Once again, Bucky motioned to his master to stop talking.  The words he heard the salamander speaking caused the beaver great distress and he began to 'relay' them to Tex.

"What's that Bucky?  Ya say she sayin' she's a pony?  Got turned inta a lizard?  And her name's Scoot..scoot.. scoot-a-loo?  Scootaloo?  That's a funny name fer a lizard!"

"She is not a lizard!" Bucky chittered at his master, "do you understand?"

Bucky was rather helpless to stop Sweetie Belle from roughly handling the large salamander.  So instead of charging at the filly, and possibly frightening her into dropping the reptile, Bucky signaled Rex to go over to her, hoping the filly would direct her attention to the Golden Retriever.  Rex barked in reply and playfully rushed over to Sweetie Belle, wagging his tail, panting and basically looking adorable.

"I'm Tex Critter, ma'am, an' that thar dog in front of ya is Rex.  He really seems ta like ya a lot!"

While all that was going on, the squirrel quickly scampered across the room and discovered the tiny discarded CMC robe.  Rather than grab it in her little paws, she began to chitter loudly and point to the object, hoping one of the ponies present would spot it.

"Bebop, I got a gut feelin' that thar's more to this big lizard than meets the eye." Tex told her.  "Hay!  Looks like mah squirrel Lily found somethin'.  Wonder what it could be?"

Aww, look at the little salamdarizard as it wiggled around adorably in her hooves. Sweetie laughed and gave the bitty boo a bit of a boop on the nose.It seemed to really like it, getting super duper active. What should she name it? It was a girl salamandarizard so a girl name. How about...ummm...oh, Mary! Mary was a real good name for a pet salamdarizard. Winona could come by and then they'd have all sorts of new pet playtimes. Oh, ohh! Opal! Opal would love to play with Mary. She could be a bit bitey and a bit scratchy at times but now she was all about that friendship fun times...well, if you had catnip. And Sweetie knew where the catnip was! Maybe Mary should get catnip on her and then Opal would gently lick it off. They could become friends! Now that was what Sweetie Belle called a good idea.

And then more friends arrived. Sweetie Belle waved Bepop in. Bepop was a really nice filly that Sweetie liked! She was mute so she had to write everything out. It was pretty fun to talk that way! Sweetie got to practice her hoofmanship and even her magical writing. Lots of fun! "Hi Bepop- OH MY! GOSH SO CUTE" Sweetie Belle exclaimed as a doggie ran in. Sweetie put Mary on her mane and jumped up and down in sheer glee, giggling as the dog came by. Sweetie couldn't help herself- it was just so cute! She gave it a hug and started petting its head before she heard an older pony voice, pulling back in response but still wide eyed with delirious glee at a new puppy. "Hi Mister Tex Critter! Your doggie is really, really adorable! Can I feed him some of Winona's treats?" Sweetie Belle started digging in the hidden Crusade pantry, some dog treats quickly coming out. She put Mary inside of a glass bowl, screwing the top in. It had holes- she'd be fine. "Here Rex! I've got dog treats!"

k5HtPs2m.jpg

"Yep Bebop, I am a friend of Fluttershy, an' don't ya worry none about Bucky.  He ain't gonna munch on no wood an.."

"What's that Bucky?  Ya say she sayin' she's a pony?  Got turned inta a lizard?  And her name's Scoot..scoot.. scoot-a-loo?  Scootaloo?  That's a funny name fer a lizard!"

"Bebop, I got a gut feelin' that thar's more to this big lizard than meets the eye." Tex told her.  "Hay!  Looks like mah squirrel Lily found somethin'.  Wonder what it could be?"

And then more friends arrived. Sweetie Belle waved Bepop in. Bepop was a really nice filly that Sweetie liked! She was mute so she had to write everything out. It was pretty fun to talk that way! Sweetie got to practice her hoofmanship and even her magical writing. Lots of fun! "Hi Bepop- OH MY! GOSH SO CUTE! Hi Mister Tex Critter! Your doggie is really, really adorable! Can I feed him some of Winona's treats?" Sweetie Belle started digging in the hidden Crusade pantry, some dog treats quickly coming out. She put Mary inside of a glass bowl, screwing the top in. It had holes- she'd be fine. "Here Rex! I've got dog treats!"

The little unicorn climbed up the ladder to the tree-house and sat down besides the cowpony. When she  looked at the rather large Salamandarizard (which was quite a mouthful for an animal name!), Bebop had to admit that the little scaly creature was a bit similar to Scootaloo. They had a similar coat-- er scale color, and that little lizard couldn't have possibly made that tiny cloak itself. The filly put her thinking cap on looked closely at the orange visitor. With a few swift movements of her pencil she wrote down her thoughts and show it to both Sweetie and Tex "Maybe it is Scootaloo... I mean a pony turnin' into a lizard is hardly the weirdest thing that happens in this town." 

((sorry, I wasnt feeling well and was comming home from work and going straight to bed (stupid weather and trees and pollent and... stuff! lol) hopefully I'm over it now))

The less-than-little salamander banged on the glass hissing out "That's what I'm trying to tell you all!" she said, getting angry and in fact there were small streams of smoke wafting from ehr nostrils, a sure warning of the fire building in her belly, one of several reasons it was never a good idea to anger a salamander...

As Rex was still with Sweetie Belle and the squirrel was still pointing at the miniature cape, Bucky was still chittering away at Tex Critter.

"Wake up master!  That reptile was a pony named Scootaloo and turned into a reptile!  Sometimes you ponies can be so dense!" the angry beaver chittered.

"Everypony, hold up here!" Tex Critter neighed.  "I know Bucky ain't lyin', so if he says that thar salamander's really a pony named Scootaloo, it must be true.  The next thing we need ta do find somepony with some magic that kin change her back.  I'm a unicorn, but magic ain't mah specialty.  Either of you two fillies got any magical trainin' so we kin help Scootaloo?  While we're tryin' ta figure out what ta do next, Bucky, see if'n you kin find out from Scootaloo who done this to her and try ta settle her down.  From the looks of that thar reptile, she's gitt'n really mad really fast, and that ain't never good fer any critter."

"FINALLY, THEY GET IT!" Bucky chittered with a heavy sigh before turning to Scootaloo.  "Please listen to me, Scootaloo.  We all want to help you, but you will have to calm yourself and tell us who did this to you.  You can trust my master, he is a good pony.  I am sure he will do all he can to help you become, you again."

"Can you not see she is frightened?" the female squirrel added as it moved closer to Scootaloo.  "Do not be afraid, since you are one of us now, you can understand us, and we can understand you."

"I WANT A TREAT!" Rex barked while wagging his tail.  "This young pony's a lot of fun!"

"Don't bury yourself in the part, Rex!" Bucky chittered. 

Tex Critter giggled at the conversation going on among his pets.  He could understand them perfectly, but he wasn't so good at understanding reptiles, thus the reason why Bucky was serving as her interpreter. 

Wait, were they trying to say that Salamdarizard Mary was Scootaloo? Sweetie Belle didn't think ponies still went out to the Bog and cooked up the steamed mud from the vents but at this rate she couldn't attribute this collective silliness to anything else. That was just being silly. Ponies couldn't be animals! They were ponies! Animals were sill and funny. Ponies were silly, funny, really smart, and sometimes SUPER heart-throbbing. No way in Tartarus- Rarity would kill her for using such unladylike language- was this Scootaloo! Unless...unless Scootaloo was a shapeshifting salamdarizard all this time and had finalle become her REAL form. Wow, talk about a mind bendyling thought! That would explain why she couldn'y fly. Salamdarizards couldn't fly! Only their close cousins geckoes could fly.

Sweetie Belle needed answers. She liked all the cute animals flooding the clubhouse but she wasn't about to accept their wild theories until she got it from the horse's mouth! Or, err, in this case, from the flick of the salamdarizard's tongue. Sweetie Belle stopped playing with the adorable doggie and trotted over to where she had put Mary-Loo. “Well, I'm sure Scootaloo would have told us if she was REALLY a Salamdarizard all along so-” she started before she grabbed the Salamdarizard- YOUCH! It was super hot! She fell backwards screaming as Mary-possibly-Loo went flying and landed next to her on a soft mop soaked in water, steam rising from it.

Sweetie pulled her hoof up to her face and looked at it- nothing bad, just a scorch mark. She teared up a little regardless. “That can't be Scootaloo!” She sniffled and then said a little lower while shaking her hoof, “*sniffle* the REAL Scootaloo wouldn't burn me with her Salamandarizard body...” she trailed off, still shaking her hoof to get the burnies out. After a few more attempts, she stood up on three hooves, “Okay Mary! If you're REALLY Scootaloo, go find that Rainbow Dash plushie you always make sure to keep clean! Not the other six, just that one!”

oeruiIA.jpg

"Everypony, hold up here!" Tex Critter neighed.  "I know Bucky ain't lyin', so if he says that thar salamander's really a pony named Scootaloo, it must be true.  The next thing we need ta do find somepony with some magic that kin change her back.  I'm a unicorn, but magic ain't mah specialty.  Either of you two fillies got any magical trainin' so we kin help Scootaloo?  While we're tryin' ta figure out what ta do next, Bucky, see if'n you kin find out from Scootaloo who done this to her and try ta settle her down.  From the looks of that thar reptile, she's gitt'n really mad really fast, and that ain't never good fer any critter."

“Well, I'm sure Scootaloo would have told us if she was REALLY a Salamdarizard all along so-” she started before she grabbed the Salamdarizard- YOUCH! It was super hot! She fell backwards screaming as Mary-possibly-Loo went flying and landed next to her on a soft mop soaked in water, steam rising from it.

Sweetie pulled her hoof up to her face and looked at it- nothing bad, just a scorch mark. She teared up a little regardless. “That can't be Scootaloo!” She sniffled and then said a little lower whole shaking her hoof, “*sniffle* the REAL Scootaloo wouldn't burn me with her Salamandarizard body...” she trailed off, still shaking her hoof o get the burnies out. After a few more attempts, she stood up on three hooves, “Okay Mary! If you're REALLY Scootaloo, go find that Rainbow Dash plushie you always make sure to keep clean! Not the other six, just that one!”

Bebop couldn't help but notice how weird this was. Scootaloo had (possibly) been turned into a Salamandarizawhatchamacallit... and now there was a whole menegarie in the crusader clubhouse. She could only hope some of these animals wouldn't leave any -gifts- for fillies later. If what tex was saying what they animals were saying was true than Scoots may not be in full control of her new form... Bebop remembered seeing Princess Twilight plummet from the sky several times after gaining her wings; being a creature with apparently acidic skin would be a pretty weird to get used to for a pegasus of all ponies. Bebop swiftly wrote down some things in her book and presented it to Sweetie belle, "I don't think she was -always- a salawhatever... Maybe some magical mishap happened and turned her into this?"

The little filly thought a moment and then perked up before swiftly jotting down something and showing it to Tex, "I heard some visiting Magic Scholar is coming to Canterlot tomorrow. Maybe we could see if we can talk to them about seeing if they can change her back?"

Scootaloo took a few deep breaths to calm down, then nodded to the animals, though she turned a bit red --- though not from heat --- when asked how she got turned into a salamader "I er... I um... Lets say Trixie got mad... and Twilight knows and doesnt care" she said, trying not to outright lie, but also not to dig her hole any deeper...

She looked over at SB and rolled her eyes, scurrying to her now-tiny crusader cape and grabbing the cape over, very carefully, as if the creepy doll in it was worth a fortune and she didnt want to risk it getting dirty, pulled it out with the edge of her claws... then as if to prove it was the 'real' one she scurried around the clubhouse and produced two others which were far less clean and more beat-up...

She glanced up at the other filly, but from her angle she couldn't see anything that bebop was writing...

Bucky and the rest of Tex Critter's animal friends listened closely to the words the Scootaloo salamander told them.  Bucky was also quick to observe the large salamander's actions with the dolls and cape to hopefully prove to Sweetie Belle who she really was.

"Good work, Miss Scootaloo," Bucky chittered, "and I will try to tell my master all that you just shared with me."

"Tell me what, Bucky?" Tex Critter asked his beaver friend.  The unicorn stallion's question prompted Bucky into relaying all that Scootaloo had said.  When Bucky mentioned 'Trixie' and 'Twilight', it caused Tex to whinny in a very audible tone.

"Whoa thar, pal!  So that unicorn Trixie done this ta Scootaloo, and Princess Twilight knows all about it?  Well, I haven't had much dealin's with the Princess, but I sure do know that Trixie's one ornery mare!  I hear tell she gotta holt of some magical amulet an' took over Ponyville bout a year ago.  We best not try ta tangle with her without gitt'n so help, but if the Princess jist let Trixie do this ta Scootaloo, we sure can't expect her ta help out."

Then Tex glanced over at what young Bebop had written.

"Travelin' magic scholar ya say Miss Bebop?  Well, if'n they're in Canterlot, that's a long train ride from here.  Say, if'n that magic scholar happens ta be mah ol' pal Starswirl Magic, I'll betcha I could git a message to'm fast.  Yeah, good ol' Professor Hoofcourt Magic's someone I met durin' one of mah concert tours in Canterlot.  Since he's got a magic spell that helps him understand bird talk, I could send some of mah feathered friends to deliver a message to'm.  If'n he knows that this here's an emergency, he'd git here as fast as he kin!  Would be a whole lot easier ta bring'm here than ta ride the train all the way ta Canterlot.   So Miss Bebop, is it Professor Magic?"

Hearing the entire conversation, Bucky slowly approached the Scootaloo salamander. 

"Well, sounds like my master's going to think up some ways to help you.  Please remain calm.  Until then, you will just have to make the best out of this you can," the beaver said.

"Our master is wise, for a pony," the female squirrel added.

"I still want a treat!" Rex barked, "that pony girl promised me a treat!"

"How can you think of food at a time like this, you overgrown furpile?" Bucky scolded.  "Settle down, we still have to convince the white furred pony girl the truth about Scootaloo."

Hearing this caused Rex to lie down on the floor near Sweetie Belle. 

"Well ma'am?" Tex Critter asked Sweetie Belle, "now that ya seen the tiny doll and yur friend's shrunked cape, are ya ready ta believe us?  Yur friend Scootaloo's gonna need all of us workin' together ta help her become a pony agin."

This statement drew nods of agreement from Bucky, Rex, all of the bunnies and the squirrel.

Well that was strange! Mary the Salamandarizard would have to have been one lucky critter to find that special plushie of Scootaloo's. Scootaloo was fond of her vast multitude of dash related merchandise and even hosted the Rainbow Dash fanclub meetings here at the clubhouse. Sweetie believed that Apple Bloom was a bit annoyed by all the chaos that collection caused but that could have just been having to hear about how Rainbow Dash was the best pony ever when Apple Bloom believed it was Applejack. It was a sad situation all around since they were all so very wrong and it was Rarity who was the best pony of them all. Though it was odd just how much merchandise Rainbow Dash had made of her. You'd think Scootaloo wouldn't be able to tell the difference between two plushies of the same height of her idol but she could. Scootaloo was truly the most silly pony!

“Hmmm...” Sweetie Belle put her hoof to her chin, trying to think this through as everypony and creatures bombarded her with their thoughts. Well, okay. So Scootaloo was a Salamdatizard and it wasn't something she always was, it was new. Because of Trixie. And Twilight? But Twilight was a good pony who did a lot of sweet things for them. She doubted that Twilight would allow one of her tiny ponies to become a slimy yet adorable creature And since when did Trixie have that sort of power? Bepop's idea sounded good, but something wasn't really adding up in all this. Sweetie knew she wasn't the smartest cookie in the box but she wasn't the one with the least amount of chocolate chips on the surface that everypony avoided, either.

“Hmmm...” Sweetie scooped Scootaloo up and hugged her as tight as she could without hurting her, “well, Salamandarizard or not, you're still one of my very best friends! So if we're gonna go get you saved, lets go get to the saving! But we can't ignore Twilight, ponies and animals! It doesn't seem like she'd allow Trixie to change a pony into an animal. Before we go to the expert in Canterlot, we gotta see what the story is with Twilight! You're hitching a ride with me, Scoots!” Sweetie Belle smiled before picking up a nice picnic basket and putting Scootaloo in it, “now you can hide just in case Winona sees you and thinks you're a tasty treat like that frog we- oops, did you know about that one?” Sweetie hummed a happy tune of forgetting to herself and picked up some doggie treats. “Mister Tex, can I ride your dog to Twilight's?!”

Archived