(Ponyville) Just a normal... RUN! RUN AWAY! (Open)

Ashton

"I think she might be improving..." said Trixie "She hasn't dyed her mane and fur like Rainbow Dash's in almsot two weeks" she smiled weakly, realizing that really wasn't helping the conversation at the moment "that filly needs help, and a home, and as much as I want to believe flying will magically do that, I dont think it will..." she sighed "...I think you need to talk to Rainbow, and perhaps..." she sighed "I hate to say this... but perhaps have rainbow tell Scootaloo that she'll never be the mother she wants, she'll never love her and she'll never take her in and give her a home... I think that is what the filly needs the most right now..." it was clear she felt very guilty saying this, but it was also clear that she felt it was true...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tehengu sighed after Trixie's words, nodding at Night to show he had heard her as well. He knew being able to fly wouldn't magically solve her problems, but some things needed to be learned, not taught, as in they needed to learn it by themselves.

"Maybe we should talk to Rainbow, but for now, we need to find Scootaloo and make sure she's alright. I can take the park, do some flyovers and such. Trixie, you can take town hall." He said, giving the unicorn a look that told her he hadn't forgotten about the need to talk to her about what she had done. After a second or so of that, he turned to Night and nodded to her, signaling that he was ready to move out when she was.

Night cringed when she heard that Scootaloo went to greater lengths to be like her idol that the black Pegasus thought, dyeing her mane/ tail and coat to match Rainbow Dash's. It was a harsh thing for Trixie to say that Rainbow Dash needed to sever all ties with the filly. 

"As much as I hate to say it, you're right Trixie. Scootaloo needs more than just friends or ponies to look up to right now. She needs a family and a home to stay in. While I don't think completely breaking all ties between her and Rainbow Dash should be done even if it can be done, maybe giving the two space would help Scootaloo to see her own strengths. But you're right Tehengu, we need to find Scootaloo first. If we find her try to being her back to the castle and we'll meet up there."

Night then took off towards the station, hoping to spot the filly along the way. She couldn't fly which to her relief meant that she didn't have to check the skies. Finally she reached the station and using the roof looked around to see if she could spot a hint of orange and magenta among the crowd. 

Trixie sighed as she watched them go, walking over to a mirror, staring into it, moments later the image of ZubZub appeared "Have you found her?"

He said something that sounded very vulgar

"Just hurry up and find her and bring her back, I know you can find her, that's one of your kind's special tallents" she said

ZubZub said something else that sounded vulgar but waved and vanished

Trixie sighed, no point in wasting energy looking for her when ZubZub could track her down even hours afer she passed by...

-----

The griffen would find nothing.

-----

Night would be more lucky, or perhaps not... she would spot orange and purple, and green and blue and yellow and red and cerulian too... possibly thinking it was Dash, though the figure was far too small to be a full-grown mare... apparently either Dash had just gotten turned into a filly... again... or else Scootaloo had some trick to disguise herself as dash, no doubt another 'gift' from trixie...

Tehengu nodded to Night's words before heading out to go search the park. He flew straight there before doing a very thorough search from the air, going back and forth until he had covered the entire park, then repeating the process one more time to make sure he hadn't missed the filly. His second try was just as successful as his first, that is to say, not at all. He sighed to himself as he sat down on a cloud and looked over the area. Where was she? He hoped the other two were having more success, but he would stay here in case Scootaloo came to the park.

• 2 weeks later...

Night flew low through the town, keeping a watchful eye on the ground for the distraught filly. She knew that it was a mistake giving the filly's hopes up by promising that they would find a fix to Scootaloo's wings. But really this was something more than flying of finding her mark. It was trying to get a mother she couldn't have and a home she desperately needed. Night dreaded what the filly would do now that she was running away. 

Finally reaching the station the Pegasus noticed that there was no train which was a relief as the filly could not leave town yet. She then scanned the crowd, her eyes settling on a Rainbow mane and tail. The former Lunar Guard at first thought that it was Rainbow Dash at which the mare was ready to convince the idol of Scootaloo to listen to reason. But there was something different, this pony looked smaller. It was then that the mare knew the truth: Scootaloo was in a disguise!

"Scootaloo wait. Don't leave!" 

Scootaloo bolted, but for better or worse she had a passenger now... as she passed by a wall, the little green imp leapt onto ehr back... and whispered something into the filly's ear

Scootaloo slowed to a halt "You wouldn't dare!"

Zubzub help up his claw and a fire appeared atop it

"Your bluffing!" she explained

At that point he shrugged and the fire leapt out, encircling the filly, keeping her from escaping... and also causing screams of panic from everypony neargy as mass chaos ensued... the little imp was laughing his head off

"Now that's just mean..." she said with a frown

Tehengu sighed to himself as he gazed over the area, not sure where Scootaloo was. He really hoped the filly hadn't escaped, she needed some help. He supposed he could go look for Rainbow, try to talk to her. Scootaloo obviously wasn't here.

Before he could leave, however, a faint sound reached his ears. It sounded like... Screaming? Why would a bunch of ponies be screaming? Wait... This was Ponyville, it could be any number of reasons. Sighing, the griffon pulled out his bow and notched an arrow before flying off towards where the sound seemed to be coming from. Hopefully he wouldn't have to use his weapon, but he had it just in case.

Just as she imagined, Scootaloo fled the scene now that her disguise was discovered. The mare flew after her, trying to make out her rainbow wig in the crowd. When Night Watcher caught sight of her Scootaloo wasn't alone as the joking imp that Trixie summoned hitched a ride. Suddenly a circle of flames surrounded the filly, preventing the filly from fleeing. 

"Scootaloo, that's enough," Night said with authority, hopefully not as stern as she did when speaking to an insubordinate soldier, "Running will solve nothing. It's time you faced the facts. I know now why you wanted Trixie to cast that spell on you or why you wanted our help. It's not about flying or getting your cutie mark at all isn't it? You want to impress this Rainbow Dash enough so she will be a mom to you and give you a home, right?"

Realizing that yelling at the filly wouldn't work, she softened her approach and got down to her level to talk. 

"Scootaloo, I can understand these things, believe me. No pony should be without a family or a home. We all need somepony to love and be loved by. But sacrificing yourself by dressing up as Rainbow Dash or having some spell cast on you isn't going to help things. In the end it matters what Rainbow Dash thinks about this, and I hate to say this but maybe she is willing to be a friend and not a mom to you. Have you ever just asked her if she could be your mom?" 

Scotoaloo hung her head, tears running down her face "Do you knwo what it's like?" she asked "not to have a family... to have the ponies wh are supposed to take care of you let the other foals beat you up... to run away and live on the streets - sleeping under decks and looking for food in dumpsters - to avoid going back there...?" 

She sighed "I do want to earm my cutiemark and I do want to fly... but I do want to impress Rainbow... it hurts when I see that dissapointment in her eyes, when I see ehr hide when I come near... I want her to be proud of me and... and..." she whimpered "...I know it's stupid... but I want her to love me so much to offer me a home... I want to live with the most awesome pony in the world, the best flyer to have ever lived... I want to wake up in the morning and find her making us breakfast and I want to hug her tight, I want to be struggling with my homework and she come in there and in moments shows me everything I did wrong and we go lay a game then, and I want her at night to read me a story before bed and tuck me in... then when I have a nightmare and I run in there I want her to let me snuggle up close to her where it's safe and sleep..." 

After a moment, Zubzub started laughing, clearly he thought the filly was insane and that none of that woudl ever happen no matter what... granted he was probably right, but he also coudl have expressed it in a better way...

Tehengu finally arrived on the scene to see the source of the commotion being Scootaloo inside a circle of fire likely conjured by the demon on her back. Night was already here, and seemed to be talking with Scootaloo. Unfortunately, he had arrived too late to hear anything that had been said so far. He did hear the demon laughing, however, and he cast a glare at the creature as he put his weapon away.

He decided to stay out of the conversation for now, seeing as he had no idea where it was or what they had been talking about.

Now it was out, the truth that Scootaloo saw Rainbow Dash as the idea mother for her and that idea clouded the filly's mind as she couldn't think of anything more than how to please the mare, even if it meant giving up her personality.

"Scootaloo, I may not have been an orphan like you, but I know what it means to look up to a pony. That pony was my dad who was in the military. I always saw him as brave and srrong, and even though we didn't see eye to eye sometimes I still wanted to be like him. When I joined the military I tried following in his hoof steps, but you know what happened? I didn't do well. It was then I realized that I needed to be myself and after that things were a lot easier. You don't have to be like Rainbow Dash for her to love you, you don't even need to fly. If she loves you she will find a way to take care of you. You know what I think about why you see Rainbow Dash hiding from you? I think that she's afraid to be your mom, not that there's something wrong with you but that she's afraid that she can't be a good mother to anypony period."

She paused, thinking about what she could offer to the filly, not something that could not be delivered on like trying to get the filly to fly, but something that could be attained and was what Scootaloo wanted.

"I can't be your mother Scootaloo as I don't know if I'd be a good one for anypony. What I can be to you is a friend who can protect you, guide you, and care about you. So will you accept my friendship?"

For a moment it looked like scootaloo was going to make a crazy hairbrained comment, but she sighed, hanging her head "...I just wanted a family..." she said whimpering, several tears runnign from her face she soke again after a few minutes of silently crying "friends are good" she said, nodding a little, though it was clear that it did not compekltely dispell her sadness

Zubzub Exclaimed something

"you dont have the same deffinition of friend..." she said

Zubzub frowned as he snapped his claws

Scootaloo cocked her head, completely unaware that her tail now had a sint fire burning that if not put out might cause some serious harm... yeah, ZubZub might have been *mostly* harmless, but he wasn't *totally* harmless...

Tehengu landed as gently as he could behind the three of them, listening as Night spoke. He nodded at her words, figuring they were good. He still didn't know what had happened before he had arrived, but this seemed like it was going well. After Scootaloo accepted Night's friendship, he was about to speak up and offer his own as well, though he stopped himself as Scootaloo began talking to the imp. Then a fire started on the filly's tail, and the griffon's eye widened for a second before narrowing as he shot forward, grabbing the imp in one claw and slamming him against the ground as he glared at the imp, holding him in place.

"Don't. Do. That. I will not tolerate hurting fillies, especially when they are friends that I have promised to help." He said, his tone dangerous as he glared down the imp. His grip left the imp little to no room to move, though he was trying to keep it from hurting, at least for the moment.

Night waited as the filly pondered what she said as she cried. She wrapped her black wings around the orange Pegasus in an embrace until Scootaloo finished and determined that friends were indeed good. It wasn't a total fix to Scootaloo's problem but it was a start. She was about to reply when the cheeky imp suddenly lit the filly's tail on fire! The mare quickly used a gust of her wings to blow it out and then glared at the imp like a mother protecting their young or a friend protecting another. 

Scootaloo seemed momentarily distracted by zubzub's antics, which made hism smile a little, clearly he was trying to help her feel better, though his methods were far from conventional... of course what coudl be expected from a demon? he really shoudl get points for at least trying, right?

Scootaloo sighed, but managed to smile now, though she looked a little scared "what are you going to do now?" she asked "are you going to send me back to The Home?" she looked scared, like she might bolt again, clearly she hated the orphanage, of course given what happened there it wasn't unexpected...

Tehengu growled a little at the demon before looking back to Scootaloo. Night had put out the fire, just as he thought she would, so that was good. After a moment, he looked back to Zubzub.

"I'm watching you." He said as he released the imp and turned back to Scootaloo. "No, I wanted to keep helping you. I don't break promises easily, and I haven't fulfilled mine to you. Besides, I want to help you, promise or not. I can't offer you a home, since I tend to travel alot, but if you ever need shelter while in the Whitetail Woods, feel free to use my house."

With the demon's antics quelled, Night Watcher returned to how she could help Scootaloo. There was so much that the filly faced, much of it couldn't be easily fixed as one issue affected another. The orange Pegasus was also wondering what was next and feared that she would be returned to the orphanage. Much as Night Watcher hated to see Scootaloo homeless and would in all cases would take a child to the proper authorities, she knew that this would be a betrayal of trust. Thankfully Tehengu had an idea with his home in Whitetail Woods.

"I live in Canterlot and like Tehengu I tend to travel around as well, but if you find yourself in the city, seek me out. I can give you my address if you need a place to stay there." 

Scootaloo smiled a little "thanks" she said "I might just take you up on that sometime, both of you..." she smiled, then there was an awkward silence "I guess I should let you two get going then... I'll make sure ZubZub gets back to Trixie" she smiled awkwardly

"What do you mean? Don't you still want us to help you out?" Tehengu asked, blinking a little bit at Scootaloo's words. They had yet to actually help with her problem, aside from giving her some places to hole up when she needed them. He still wanted to help her with her flying problem, and possibly have a chat with Rainbow. Trixie still needed a talking-to as well.

At first Night Watcher was glad to see that Scootaloo's demeanor had become more positive. But then the filly suddenly sounded like she needed to go and leave the two behind. There was still much for Night to do to try an help her like speaking to this Rainbow Dash and helping Night with flying. 

"You sure you have to get going? We can still help you today if you wish." 

Scootaloo looked quite suprised, "you mean... your not mad about all this?" she asked, clearly expecting after allt eh trouble they'd gone through that she had caused they would simply walk away and hope to never see her again - much like she felt dash thought about her... "even after all this... your still willing to help me?" she asked with a wide-eyed but small smile, taken back but in a good way

ZubZub made a comment that no doubt meant something like "your all to mushy" except no doubt much more vulgar in his native language...

"Of course I'm still willing, Scootaloo. I don't give up on friends." Tehengu said, giving the filly a friendly smile. He didn't give up that easily. Besides, he had nothing else he had to do right now, and helping his friends was usually his first choice when it came to things to do.

When the imp spoke, he glared at the creature momentarily, but didn't say anything.

"Nor do I," Night said to Sootaloo following what Tehengu said, "I said that I would help you and I will. I know you were upset but you have a lot of things going on in your life. When times like this happen I try to take things one at a time and see that they get done before moving onto another one. So Scootaloo, which thing can we help you with?" 

Scootaloo smiled a little "I'd still like to learn to fly if you can figure out what I'm doing wrong..." she said, still blaming herself for her lack of flight...

ZubZub rolled his eyes, clearly atleast HE had figured out that it wasn't scoot's fault...

Archived