Searching For A Cure

Chrome curled into a depressed ball again, sulking. "It's not my fault i'm childish by nature" Chrome muttered. It's true that he doesn't act mature, most likely because he doesn't like the sound of responsibility and being serious. Dawn and the rest of the band members understand, so why can't other ponies?

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blitz wasn't much of a careing type but he followed the Ponies and listened intently but kept to himself.

Blitz decided to approach the guard.

"Hey the names Pyriacnin Blitz and yours is?"

Blitz eyed the guard Pony, who seemed pretty decent.

"Brave Shield...I'm Brave Shield" he tried to look in different but it was hard not to be on edge when theirs a large dragon right next to him

Then he turned to Luna and said

"I apologize but it's my fault I was making drinks at my home in garden gait when dawn was visiting me. Wail I was intoxicated I made two different drinks and gave him the wrong one.... It was the Rusty Unicorn, you know the one that will make any equine sick if they're not a unicorn or alicorn... Apparently Dawn had a weakened immune system for some reason and it went from being the normal stomach flu to a full fledge illness"

Brave felt better now that that burden was off his chest but now he could feel the disappointed glares at him. So as a natural reaction he started to droop his head And flatten his ears in an attempt to make him be unable to be seen, or at least be harder to look at through the steadily increasing brush.

(Now I wish I had kept my mouth shut)

Midnight flew along side re placing her hood on her head.

"Brave Shield, shut up and keep walking we're in this together and there is no need to doubt yourself or make you seem like the enemy,the quicker we get to Canterlot the better it shall be," she raised her armoured hoof and patted his back before flying again scouting the front.

"We'd better get there soon, my eyes kill, and I need to sleep," Midnight muttered under her breath as she attempted to pull the hood even further down. It was tense, her Princess was here, Dawn was here and there was no time to act like a frightened bat pony like what Dawn would expect of her.

No doubt he'd thought she's acting wierd.

"Thanks"Brave said to the bat pony "it's not becoming invisible but that did help"

Brave then gave the arieon a half hearted smile then proceeded to continue along the generalized path.

Dawn sighed heavily, only to cough a few times at the end. He had never actually thought about it, but now that he did, it made a lot more sense. A day after Brave had given him the drink, he felt weak and nauseous. After a week, be had developed an irritating cough. And it keeps getting worse from there. "It's all right, Brave. I know you didn't mean for this to happen. I mean, you were pretty hammered that night, so something was bound to happen, I guess." He said, coughing a bit more. He glanced at Midnight, noticing her behavior. "Um... Are you okay? You've been acting pretty strange."

Midnight sighed quietly before turning back around in the air and landing gently beside him.

"I'm perfectly fine, why? Is there anything you need or to be requested? Have you left something?" She asked seriously with a small flick of her fringe and the subtly clank of Luna's armour underneath the hood and cloak.

Chrome followed the group, still curled up in a ball, rolling behind them. He felt useless on this journey, especially when there are so many other ponies in the group with skills that could help Dawn. While he thought to himself, he rolled into a tree. He quickly uncurled and rubbed his back. Chrome slowly stood up and continued to walk, taking out a pan flute from his saddle bag and played it as he walked.

"Brave Shield eh?"

Blitz chuckled and then looked at the Pony and then said.

"Are you Brave?"

Before Brave could answer Blitz let out a loud grunting laugh.

"You obviously are if you're talking to me,"

Blitz looked ponderously up into the sky and thought for a moment about himself then spoke up.

"Well except I am smaller for a Dragon but a little large for my age"

He was just a little taller than most Ponies, about approximately 2 feet higher and really tall on his haunches, Blitz dismissed this thought though.

"So your friend or is he your friend is gravely ill that is a shame he is very talented that lad"

Blitz wondered if this group would actually succeed in helping their friend from a rather gruesome fate, Blitz thoughts were disrupted by his growling stomach he hadn't eaten since he had started flying a few hours or so ago.

"I could really go for some Water Fowl how about..."

Blitz stopped himself then chuckled.

"Oh sorry forgot you were a Pony for a second, just lost my train of thought"

Blitz found that moment amusing in a Dragon sort of way but kept his amusement to himself, all that showed was a smirk.

"of course im brave i was about to attack you if you made the wrong move earlier" Brave pointed out as he held his head high enough to be eye level with the dragons chin

brave listened a bit longer till Blitz mentioned eating water fowl

"um.....ya im a pony...."

(what in Taurtrus is a water fowl?)

((im kinda serious i don't know what a water fowl is))

"I get the sense that I have confused you and in any case Dragons do that a lot!"

Blitz now looked down at Brave and said.

"So how is it working with the Princess of the Night Brave?"

(Water Fowl are Ducks and it is just a different name for them)

((thanks))

"um... i think your confusing me with midnight over there i use to work for the day guard, but working for celestia was great i got to tour all over Equestria" Brave explained as he smiled at the dragon

Chrome stopped playing his pan flute and looked over at the mare he argued with earlier. "Hey, I'm sorry about just now. Wanna call a truce?" He asked, holding out his hoof as he walked next to her. He took a close look at and noticed she had really a really silky mane. "Now that I take a close look, she's adorable" Chrome thought as flowers appeared in his mind. This was normal for Chrome, as he thinks that ponies with soft manes are cute, especially Dawn's. He longed for a soft and silky mane, not stubborn and scruffy like his.

(Especially Dawns? XD ROFL)

Pastel jumped when he started talking to her, as she hadn't noticed him come up beside her,"um........ OK......" She replied.. If Chrome listen closely, she seemed a little worried. She kept walking, keeping her pace,"your not so bad on the flute.... "

Midnight heard her name and turned to Brave.

"Yes, that'll be me," she called back as her heightened ears caught what they were talking about she chuckled quietly under her hood before realising where she was.

They were entering a forest, Ponyville was long gone and Canterlot and the cure seemed a lot closer than it did before.

"Every pony and dragon ready?"

Darky and Luna looked at the forest entrance.

"Everypony, get ready for anything, we don't know what is inside it." Darky said.

Luna just nodded and followed him closely. She was hoping that Down was alright after walking inside.

The trip through the forest is longer, and more humid, than it looked from outside. Hours of trekking through sticky mud and dense foliage soon has the party drenched in sweat as the sun beats down on them through holes in the canopy.

Dawn coughed as he trotted with the others into the forest, pulling his cloak tighter around himself. He looked around carefully, waiting for anything to pop out. "This place really gives me the creeps..." He said, remembering with a hint of nostalgia when Midnight had found him after he had gotten lost in the Everfree some time ago. He wiped off a bit of sweat from his brow and pulled off his cloak, shivering a bit as the air reached him. "I don't know what it is... but I think something's watching us..." He said, his voice low. He went into another coughing fit, before calming down again.

"i feel it to and i don't like it." brave said as he unhooked his sword and shield

"but non of my spells are detecting threats so what ever it is its not wanting to hurt us....yet"Brave then looked at midnight

"hear anything suspicious?"

"Yes we shall, I heard there were rumours of Kelpie or sirens, dangerous creatures, keep your wits about you," she chuckled in a joking way before stepping in first and feeling the light of the unicorns horns behind her illuminate her path.

"Keep your horns off, you'll need the energy for when we head to Frozen Hearth, I can see," Midnight's eyes adjusted before everything about her surrounds was clear and easy to navigate.

"Mind the path, sticks on the floor and a blackberry bush to the right," her ears picked up the sound of water and she headed deeper with the others.

((Hint hint Dulset Tarn can join hint hint!))

"That's not what I ment" brave said with a smerk "but thanks for the tip" brave then lit his horn just in time to miss a branch that the most of them were short enough not to hit

"Midnight I'm taller than most of us and blitz is taller than me so I'll turn off my horn if you'll look out for branched above"

Midnight nodded. "Yes of course, her wings opened up and she had gently hovered in the air in her line of sight saw a thick branch ahead covered in small spikes.

"Duck or I'll see your body and head return back sewed together," she smirked as she dropped and ducked before continuing on her path.

Archived