The Morning After - A Las Pegasus Hangover (See OOC first)

There is a saying among pony kind. One that has proven true time and again, and always will haunt the memories of those who live by it till their final days.

"That which happens in Las Pegasus, stays in Las Pegasus."

And this....this is the tale of a group of ponies, griffons and others who will the full meaning behind this saying.

Even if they can't remember the reasons why.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Razor felt his mind slowly beginning to wake up. He groaned, turning slightly in the sheets of his bed to pull them all around him as he tried to go back to sleep.

"Ugh....I don't want to hatch yet." He mumbled incoherently. He was about ready to fall asleep when he felt something messing with his face.

Razor growled, and clenched his eyes shut tighter, hoping to ignore whatever it was that was soon to earn his ire. Didn't anyone know that you never bothered a sleeping griffon.

Sadly the poking kept up, and Razor swiped a talon at the offending being. He heard a screech and the poking started as something moved. Then he heard something crash and his eyes bolted open and he shot up from the mattress.

And regretted it immediately as he felt his head swoon and a sharp pain slam into his skull.

Razor groaned and closed his eyes as he let himself fall back onto the mattress. His head stopped hurting a bit, but only just slightly.

"Ugh....I'll just lay here a moment while my head settles down." He said, and covered his head with the covers as he saw the sunlight pierce through the windows.

Faust, couldn't Celestia give it a break for a moment?

sml_gallery_1647_223_287946.png

Heart Healer awoke, not in the bed but the floor of her hotel room rolled up in the covers with her head feeling two sizes too small. She uneasily crawled out of the covers and found her glasses, trying to remember what happened as something felt amiss.

"What happened last night? I can't remember anything!" 

Trying to think about the missing time made her mind swirl and nausea creep from her stomach up her throat. Maybe a shower would help wake the pink Crystal pony up. She happened to glance at herself in the mirror, her coat's usual sparkling luster dulled and her mane and tail which were normally unkempt seemed even more tangled. Strangely there were patches of grass stain all over her and mud like she just went on a hike through the woods. 

"Where was I last night?"

The warm shower made quick work of her dirty form and woke her up to a level of at least functioning. Still her brain was a blur of thoughts and none pointed to what happened the past night. As she passed back to her bed there was something or more specifically someone that she didn't see before: a figure laying on the bed but passed out! She knew she reserved the room for herself, so what was this uninvited guest doing here?'

"Um...hello?" she said giving a little nudge to wake the other up. 

Repurposed the original post from the Luna Las Pegasus thread. First pony/ griffon/ sentient furniture who wants to wake up in Heart's room can do so.

Tehengu groaned as he felt something prodding him, bringing him back to the world of wakefulness, and one of pain. He groaned again as he clutched his pounding head in his talons, trying in vain to relieve the headache he was experiencing. What had happened? Why was he like this? It felt like a hangover, but he didn't remember getting drunk. In fact, he didn't remember anything of last night aside from arriving in his home town.

He finally opened his eye somewhat, looking over to the source of the prodding to find a crystal mare. His mind didn't process what he was seeing until a few moments later, and he groaned again, though this one was not from the pain.

"Please tell me I didn't do it with you." He said, though it came out as barely a whisper as he covered his face with his claws. "What even happened last night?" He added, this one coming out at barely below the normal talking volume as the large griffon laid in the bed.

In the same room as Razor, something stirred under the covers as he left the bed. It tossed a bit, untill finally a brown pony's hoof found it's way outside. It curled up catching hold of the sheets and pulling them off of herself. A tired looking coffee brown mare with a long messy mane gazed around the room. And then finally her half lidded bed eyes settled on Razor whom was lying next to her. Her tired stare settled on him for a few moments longer until finally she uttered something.

Her voice was close to a Diva's supprano tone. With a dull but musical lilt backing it up. "Mmmph... Razor?" She uttered with a gentle yawn. Her gaze soon left him as she glanced around the room. And then to the bed, noticing a collection of feathers and fur. Unlike most mares... she didn't bother with freaking out. She did look confused, oh yes.. very confused. But she looked like this was just a night she was going to accept, weather it went good or bad, who knows?

Her brow quirked a bit as a thought snuck into her head. Did... they do anything last night? She wouldn't have minded... at all... she'd arguably admit that the griffon could be cute some times... buut.. she would have never expected such a thing. Who knows, maybe she should have by the way he acted around mares. Yeah... she supposed that it would easily make sense now that she thought about it. She couldn't recall the last time she saw someone running away from the sight of a mare each time he approached em. The mare smiled and covered her mouth, trying to hide a snicker. Well suppose it's time to see if she can find evidence of anything racy. This would be a story to tell Pressy... more than likely she'd be disappointed in not seeing it for herself.

The mare soon moved a bit closer to give him a few sniffs, wondering if the tattle tale signs of coffee would be a hint.

((I think this this is going to go for all of us here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OFpMEtBTxHU))

"Ugh..." came the groan from Hawkeye as a familiar pain rushed into his head. Whatever fun he had last night was surely gone now...he didn't even know what he had done last night. A claw smacked to the griffon's aching forehead as he struggled to remember, but it was all a blur.

One thing did come to him though, surprisingly. Didn't he find someone to room with, to save the bits on not getting his own room? Yeah, something like that. Guess it was about time to find out who that lucky someone was. With another soft groan, Hawkeye opened his eyes to some rather unusual darkness and began to sit up...

...Only to hit his head on something.

"Ow!" He cried out as even more pain came into his head. He fell back down and laid there for a few moments to let it pass before deciding to open his eyes again, this time without getting up. The first thing he noticed were the cheap looking bed springs and boards that he undoubtedly hit his head on. Nice going. 

Wait. Since when was he under the bed? 

Moving as fast as a griffon with a headache could, Hawkeye scrambled out from where he was apparently sleeping. He eventually found himself sitting awkwardly in the middle of the floor, looking up at the people he 'roomed' with: a brown earth pony mare and another griffon.

Hawkeye sat completely still, his thoughts unable to gather. But finally, the words came out, words that those two probably should have been asking him...

"W-who the heck are you?!"

Razor groaned as he heard someone say his name. His mind was trying to tell him something by the voice, but he was having a bit of a problem getting through the traffic jam that was his brain right now. Razor groaned again, and turned over to see who it was.

It was a mare, and a right pretty one in that.

....and....in his bed.....with him......

Razor lay there, a tired look and neutral expression on his face as he looked at the mare for a few moments.

Finally, his thought process picked up and his eyes widened and his reflexes kicked in as the mare grew closer.

"AHHHHHHHHH!" Razor screamed, and he bolted from the bed like a bullet and attached himself to the ceiling of the room with his talons and claws dug into the wood.

"What-what-Argh!" Razor began, only to feel his head start to hurt like a hammer was taken to it and his talons let got of the ceiling to grip his head and he fell to the ground with a thump.

"Omph....ugh....my head." Razor groaned, as he slowly got to his feet.

Once on his feet, Razor looked at the mare, backing up till he was pressed against the counter. He then took a notice of the room.

Suffice to say, the maids were going to have a hell of a time cleaning up.

Bottles and cans littered the floor, and the couch was overturned and pillows flung this way and that. The coffee table was upturned and upside down and the kitchen was littered with cereal boxes and the cupboards thrown open and ransacked.

And Razor, if he could see himself, was also a real mess. Feathers pointing this way and that, but what really stood out was on the flank of his cat half. A big tattoo of a crescent moon upside down with a start above it and two wings jutting from the moon. Under that he had the words, NLR beneath it.

A small chittering noise made Razor look to his left and he blinked as he saw a small monkey sitting on the counter near him, eating away at a bowl of nuts.

Razor looked back to the mare, and he felt his heart starting to race as he considered all the possibilities that may have occurred and he felt himself starting to panic.

"We didn't.....did we?" Was all he could ask. Frankly he wasn't sure he wanted to know the answer.

"Oh Faust what happened last night?" He muttered to himself as he faceclawed.

Razor then heard a new voice, and he looked to see another griffon crawling out from.....under?....the bed.

Razor blinked before saying, "Who am I? Who the heck are you?"

Just what the heck happened?

AS the griffon lying on the ground struggled to awake, Heart Healer took stock of her surprise feathered guest. She honestly never remembered the last time she saw a griffon in the Crystal Empire, and the way he looked at her the feeling was mutual as he appeared to never see a mare like her before. The griffon appeared to be strong looking with several scratches as if he'd been in lots of battles. The curious thing was a bandanna that covered the one eye, presumably that it was unusable. 

She stopped as the griffon said something to himself, and although the mare couldn't tell what it was, she guessed it was the same thing on her mind. Here she was a mare who found a male griffon in her bed! The implications were massive! What if she ended up foaling his child? Or was it hatch since he was a griffon? Could a pony and a griffon make a child and if so what would it look like? 

"What even happened last night?" 

"I...er...well..." she said trying to push back the panic and headaches to squeeze out a memory but finally breaking down and saying, "I don't know. I don't even remember how I got back here or why my head feels like somepony dropped a boulder on it or how you're here! Who are you exactly?" 

Tehengu grunted in response to the mare's response to his second question. So she was in the same boat as him then, of course she was. He struggled to his feet, trying to get a hold of himself as he stood there, giving a small sigh before he began speaking.

"Right, names. I'm Tehengu, nice to meet you." He said, rubbing his temples some more before he continued. "And I'd say your head hurts because you are experiencing a hangover. At least, I'm pretty sure that's why my head is trying to kill me." He finished, sighing again as the pain subsided somewhat. With the added clarity, he examined the pink mare more closely, taking in her crystalline body and her messy mane. She wasn't quite as lustrous as other crystal ponies he had seen, but that might have something to do with whatever happened last night.

He really hoped they didn't do it during the night. He had no idea if a crystal pony and a griffon could even have a child together, but he had no desire to find out, at least not with some mare he didn't even know at all.

The mare's head snapped up to watch the Griffon jump up to the ceiling. And cling onto like a cat from any cartoon. "Huh..." She said with an indifferent tone. The mare rose out from under the covers and streatched. Well, there's the scaredy cat again. Maybe he's just like that with both sexes. Her gaze now falling down to Tehengu... whom appeared from out of no where? She immediately recognized that face however.

"Well, rather rude of you for asking such a thing in -my- room..." The mare hummed. Was this her room? She glanced around, for a moment, and shrugged. What does it matter? She didn't pack anything with her on the trip to Vegas.

The mare hopped out of the bed with a yawn. "Now to answer your question, it may be possible but I doubt it. Either you're terrible at intimacy, or nothing happened because I'm not sore in any area I dare mention."

Hawkeye sighed as he slumped back against the wall, hardly noticing the other griffon who was freaking out. The room was a real mess....where did the monkey even come from? Not like it mattered, though- he wasn't going to be the one cleaning up. 

For a second, the pain in his head was calming down...only to be replaced by a new pain, of course. But this one was strange...was it coming from his eye? Quickly, the griffon grabbed a nearby glass bottle and looked in his reflection. His feathers were a huge mess, which wasn't surprising. But right there where the pain was, was a black eye, swollen shut. Greeeaaat.

Tossing the bottle aside, Hawkeye turned to the mare. He was almost jealous of that other griffon, that could have been him in that bed...

Until she spoke anyways, and that jealousy quickly turned to embarrassment.

"Uh, yeah, I guess I should be the one explaining. I'm Hawkeye." he said sheepishly. Though he didn't really have much else to 'explain' other that that. It wasn't like he remembered anything.

"Your room? This is my room." Razor said at the mare.

Or...he was sure it was his room...wasn't it? He looked around, and now started to feel unsure of himself.

But he shook his head, and groaned and gripped it. Okay, no shaking the head.

He listened as the mare explained herself a bit, and he felt a slight relief that he hadn't caused himself any unpleasant surprises in a few months time. But the way the mare said it made him feel defensive.

"Hey! I'll have you know I'm great at that. A lot more mares know of Ironclaw skill....they just....all live down in....Manehatten. Or they tell you." Razor said, blushing slightly. Though everything he said was...well for him anyway not true at all.

After all one can't really be intimate if they haven't even had a date in...nearly forever.

"eh...Anyway....that still doesn't tell me who the heck you are girl. I don't remember coming back with a mare like you." Razor said, pointing a claw at the mare.

Though then again....he couldn't really remember anything of the night in question. SO obviously he had come back with her...but...ugh all this was giving him an even bigger headache.

"Ugh...I need coffee." He groaned and made his way to the kitchen....and saw that the floor was covered in food, cups and other such things. But the worse, was the large can of coffee that lay sprawled and spilled all over the floor.

Razor felt like crying as he faceclawed double time. The monkey leaping over and giving him a pat on the head.

"Ugh.....no coffee." Razor moaned.

Could this day get any worse?

"Right, names. I'm Tehengu, nice to meet you." He said, rubbing his temples some more before he continued. "And I'd say your head hurts because you are experiencing a hangover. At least, I'm pretty sure that's why my head is trying to kill me." 

"Yes, I know what a hangover is," Heart said as she too rubbed her crystalline forehead, "a chemical reaction to a body processing large quantities of alcohol. I just don't party enough to thankfully experience it often."

She felt the world spin around her from the hangover and her mind swirling with the absence of what happened that night and the fear of what the griffon in her room meant for her. Being a Crystal Pony she could feel the confusion from him.

"Alright, let me think for a moment," she said trying to keep her mind straight, "Alright, firstly, my name is Heart Healer, and I'm a psychologist from the Crystal Empire. Clearly you somehow found my way into my room but how... and why... I take it that none of us know. No offense to you but I don't think that I'm ready for foals so I hope it didn't result in that. But as a psychologist I can't assume things as that is not what I do. Plus I'd probably lock myself in a room and never come out if I assumed everything. So how about we start with what we know and go from there and hopefully we'll recover our memories. I came to Las Pegasus because of a psychologist convention. There were workshops, guest lecturers, vendors selling books. Things like that. Very interesting knowledge I gathered. The last thing I remember is going to a mixer party after dinner to meet with other fellow psychologists. Then I woke up here with you strangely. I do know it's my room though as that's my bag there. So do you want to share next?" 

Edited it after realizing Hawkeye is not in the same room as Tehengu and Heart Healer.

"Yeah..." Tehengu said, groaning slightly from the overly technical explanation of a hangover. Really, he didn't much care how it happened outside of drinking too much, but there was no reason to say anything about that. He listened as best he could to what she was saying through the pain still racking his head. What had he been doing last night to wake up with a hangover this bad and no memories of his actions? He was used to drinking, but he couldn't really remember it ever being this bad.

"Well, I don't want to have kids with a mare I barely met either, so I'm with you there." He said, looking over at her with a small sigh. "I came here to visit my hometown and my parents. They live here still, as far as I know. I was on a search for work before coming here, and I didn't get a chance to check for any mail before heading here. Anyways, I arrived in town and decided to wait for the next day before heading to my old home, so I went into a bar, and after that it gets rather fuzzy." He said, sighing again. "We had probably met up at some point during the night, though neither of us seem to be able to confirm anything at the moment."

Archived