Castle of Nothingness (Closed/See OOC)

Avery

There are legends that run through the generations, some are harmless, and some are as real as your breath. One legend in question is about the "Castle of Nothingness", a strange, almost alive castle that appears every bloodmoon. Bloodmoons are rare, so this castle is just as rare to find. It appears on a whim, above towns, within forests, even in dark caves. No pony has entered this castle, and told of what's inside, because they just say "It's completely empty, not even walls or a floor." Because of this, most casted away the legend, just thinking it as a myth.

However, there was one family that always held it's eyes on this legend. That family is the Montry family, a family that has vast knowledge of the many creatures known throughout Equestria. There was only one member of the family now, an old mare by the name of Belle. She had been tracking the locations of this Castle of Nothingness, wanting to put a stop to it's mystery. But, now in her old age, she cannot keep up with the castle, but still track its location.

Belle Montry had put up advertisements all over Equestria, seeking help for a grand reward of Ten Thousand bits, plus a secret family treasure. The advertisement told about the castle legend, and to meet in the fields between Ponyville and Canterlot Mountain between the third and eighth nights of September. There, they would find an old tent with a regal design, which would house Belle, and whoever would take the job.

Now, this tent is located directly in the middle of the field, a night guard like blue decorated with gold linings, with a faint light coming from the open tent entrance. Inside, an almost ancient looking table stood in the center of the tent, as well as several beds that had a cozy look to them. On the opposite side of the table, looking toward the entrance, was an old light blue pony. They sat in a noble looking chair, as they waited for whoever would walk through the entrance. Their Cutiemark was a cracking whip with the head of a manticore, showing the family trait of knowing the creatures around Equestria, and how to deal with them.

The table itself was set like a war map, with the map of Equestria marked with red circles in various locations. Figures of towns were set onto the map, showing the locations of the towns, as well as a strange looking castle among them, that constantly moved to the various circled areas. The map must have been magic, as the pony who sat in the chair was not a Unicorn. But the castle like figure moved from circle to circle randomly, as if not sure where to be.

Who would take up this challenge, to search a Castle of Nothingness, and come back with a solved mystery? Who was brave enough to face the dangers that wait ahead, knowing that this might be all for not? Who was willing to take an old pony's last request, to put a stop to a legend and it's madness?

Autumn was at home in the Everfree Forest playing a song on her Ocarina with her leaf green magic, when a piece of paper seems to dance around with her song the paper almost seem alive after she finished her song the paper just fall flat onto the ground putting her Ocarina in her with her magic she grabbed that paper and read it. From the looks of it the last member of the Montry Family wants to put an end to the castle of Nothingness, Autumn has heard tells of the castle from other members of her clan, but don't know if they are ture or not now world be a good time to see. After Decideing on this she dawned her red body cloak that covers her entire body from everypony eyes she made her way to the location where it said to go. when she got there she saw a tent in the middle of the field and she when to it and enter "hello i saw your flyer thing and also want to know more about the castle, so i could share with more ponies" said Autumn in her angelic voice

Lavender Shine trotted cautiously through the streets of The Crystal Empire before hearing a snap and then a familiar choose choose of a train. At first the unusual slap caught her attention and the sound came from behind her, a piece of paper had undoubtedly parked itself onto her flank and furrowed her brows.

"What in all of Equestria is this?" A second choose choose sounded as she hastily read the poster and her eyes fell upon the infamous myth of the Castle. A place that was so mysterious and ever changing, many ponies and all creatures gave up on their hopes, yet one wanted to continue.

"Ponyville and Canterlot Mountains, what a relief, perfect timing," she ran to the train quickly and spoke with the driver to wait for a minutes whilst she gathered her things, he nodded with a shrug seeing as he had nowhere else to be at this time of night??? And she gave a small praise.

--

Lavender ran back quickly and boarded the train, after the half hour she spent sitting on the soft seat, she re-read the poster and casted a tracking spell for the location she was to go; she wasn't in it for the money, she had enough of it.

Her hooves stepped forward into the clearing and the most beautiful tent she'd ever seen was there, slightly agape and a figure in a red hood standing there. "Hello, any pony here, I'm looking for..." Lavenders' eyes fell upon the pony in the corner as she stood still staring at the perfect tent before her.

At a certain residence in Ponyville, Seria was at work at the moment, helping a pony work on their garden. Being an expert on flowers and nature itself, as a fairy, she was very glad to be able to offer this help. A little bit of magic to fix the wrongs and some hoof work afterward made everything be ready for the growth. Of course this could all grow out instantly, but the fun of gardening is to watch your plants grow as you take care of them... and not to hurry them out. 

By the end of the day there, the olden mare who asked for her help thanked her, yet Seria kindly refused the bits offered. But the mare wanted to do something for her anyway. The only thing that came to her mind was of a flyer that she found around Ponyville.

Olden Mare: You have told me how you like to work your brain today. Well, before I met with you today, I found this flyer that was hung on the walls around Ponyville. It is about a legend of an old castle. Maybe this could interest you more? To be honest, after knowing that fairies are real, now I am to believe that many legends and tales are true. Here, take it with you.

The old mare handed over the flyer to Seria. Indeed, the fairy was curious about it... and looked at it, reading what was on it. After going over it quickly she looked at the old mare with a smile.

Seria: Thank you very much. This might be a very interesting thing to see! I have heard of many stories and legends, but not about this one. Again, I was pleased to assist you in your garden work today. 

The fairy bowed slightly before finally leaving. Obviously there were bits and a treasure offered on this... but a fairy did not need materials. For Seria it was for the adventure and the discoveries she could make. This would be a good way to get more knowledge.

-----

Since this was happening at night, Seria couldn't leave her younger friend Freesia home alone. She was her caretaker, after all. So the fairy departed from a friend's house where Freesia would be able to stay and this would avoid having the young ice fairy to stay alone in a tree at night.

Seria followed the directions as the flyer indicated and found herself in the field that was located between Ponyville and Canterlot Mountains. She was scouting from the sky until she would see the tent, thanks to a faint light. The fairy floated down until she would land softly on the grass. Her butterfly wings would slowly flap a few times before closing up and she would direct herself towards the tent, where she could sense the presence of three individuals. Yet it was hard to tell if they were here for the same thing, or if they were the ones who'd give the information on all of this mystery.

Nonetheless, the fairy walked all the way up to the tent. Once at it, she'd poke her head inside to have a look around. She'd notice the table with the map, which was rather eye-catching. A little further and she'd lay her eyes on Belle Montry, where she'd guess that she must be the one behind all of this as the two other ponies were not on the same side as she was. The fairy would smile softly before walking the rest of her body inside of the tent to present herself.

Seria: My name is Seria Rosa. I've learned about the legend of the castle. I'm ready to bet that you are the one in charge of this?

(Sorry if I didn't posy earlier, I forgot I joined this one xD I'm playing my OC as a pegasus)

Darkness Knight, a young grey pegasus that had been dating the Princess of the Night for the last few months found am advertisement not so long ago about a search for something in a castle.... he wondered what was that, but the curious thing was that that day was the same day that Luna will do the bloodmoon. What that just a coincidence? ..... yeo, maybe it was just it. He then looked at the re- 10000 bits and a treasure?! How could he decline such an amaing reward. He smiled at that, he could do a lot of things with all those bits.

He decided to join that expedition and left Canterlot to the area that was marked, a field beteween Canterlot and Ponyville.... hmm... well, nothing to lose. He got into the train and went to Ponyville, then flew to the field in question, arriving there after a short while. He noticed a tent with an odd symbol and was quite black.... perhaps it was there.... he flew down to check.

Darky landed a few meteres away from the tent and walked towards it, walking near the entrance, but he could see inside, the beds inside looked quite confy, then saw the mare in there, who was she? Hmmmm.... maybe it was the one in charge. He walked inside and looked at her. "Are.... you the one in charge in here? I want to accept the job that was being announced." He said

With the gentle winds that flow by through the fields, the tent gave in with its folds, swaying ever so slightly. The light that radiated from the tent was a simple golden candle, shining just bright enough to see everything within the tent. The beds themselves were simple, yet comfy, blue sheets covered them with a feathered pillow at the head of each bed.

The elder pony that sat in the regal chair across from the entrance, saw each volunteer enter through that entrance, a soft smile creases her lips, knowing that there are ponies out there wanting to believe. She greeted each one, pointing to a chair around the table, saying simply in her frail voice

"Yes yes, come in and sit. I'm sure... others will be here. I'll tell the details at eleven..." though her voice became more chipper with each pony that came to visit, clearly happy that so many wanted to come to her aid with an old legend that was just a myth to many. Though, as the time ticks away, it appeared that no more would show as the elder pony closed her eyes.

Once the time had come, she stood, looking at everyone that was in the tent at the moment. She nods, and gives her introduction with a noble bow "Hello everypony, I am Belle Montry. You might have heard of my family for being experts of many different wild creatures that inhabit Equestria. But, you are here because of my call of help, of the legend. If... you look on the map in front of you" she says as she waves her hoof over the table map with the moving castle figure dashing towards different red circles. "I am currently aware that the castle will appear in either of these places, though, the exact location won't be known until the Bloodmoon."

She steps off her chair, circling around slowly. "I'm sure you all have at least heard of the legend, of the Castle of Nothingness. There is something about it, that doesn't... quite make sense. Of course, of its varying locations and possibility of being completely empty. But... there is something more. I've been studying the castle for many years now, and each time, it's different. But today, I have found a pattern. Tonight will be the night after nearly a hundred years that it will have something in it." She tiredly states, sitting back down on her chair "There is something off about that castle, something that needs to be found out. I am too frail now, to seek the castle any longer. So, I ask for you to help me; help me get rid of this legend once and for all, to solve its mystery. There's something there that doesn't belong, and it needs to be rid of."

Belle then bends down to grab something from beneath the table, then dropping a large binder of multiple notes and map locations onto the table. She pushed it to the center, knocking over several of the town figures, though they all get back up and go to their original spots magically.

"In that binder is the notes of my family about the Castle, read what you will... but I hope you will accept this unknowingly dangerous quest for me, as in those notes some of my ancestors mentioned monsters pushing ponies out of the castle when it appears fully. If you have any loved ones to go back to, please tell them that you're going to be away for one night." Belle states as she sighs quietly, resting after the speech she'd given.

The binder itself held MANY research notes about the Castle of Nothingness, noting its completely off design from the Equestrian standards, the way it appears every Bloodmoon by almost materializing from thin air, the emptiness of the castle itself saying that there were no floors or even walls, just darkness. Several biology reports of the creatures that were known in there, such as Chimeras, Manticores, Basilisks, Vemon Fairies, the Supernatural, even Sea Serpents, and Dragons. Though, it doesn't end there, as they also list off inanimate objects attacking the ponies that walk through those halls, armour that come to life, floating weapons of various kinds, even dolls and toys coming to push them away.

Belle sat there as the looked at the binder and the others around, hoping that they would accept her offer of discovering what in the world is in this castle, and why it was doing these things when it doesn't make sense. Each pony that was present, was here for a different reason, what it was, she didn't care. All that mattered was that this mystery of the Castle of Nothingness be solved.

Darky looked at the map as Belle talked, seeing the places marked in it that the castle might appear. He was mostly surprised mostly because there was not an excact location for it to appear. He felt unside, but when he heard that she found... a pattern, he felt better. He was even nore eager now to see it after she said all that about the castle. He wondered what was that thi.g she mentioned that was inside ut, but time would tell.

He then took a look to the nores about the castle and felt quite surprised about all of them, the fact that the castle appeared out of nowhere, the creatures in it, everything, it all was rather interesting. He was even more eager to go now. "Sounds interesting..."he said with a smile, but kept hearing.

She finally arrived to the pary that they should tell their beloved ones about it... he had ti tell Luna. He went to a table and started writting a letter for the princess, he had to tell her so she didn't worried about him

After being invited in and to take a seat, the fairy glady did. And while time passed, she took a look around, at the beds, the walls and, obviously, the table which held the map. A rather interesting map as well. Seria stared at it for a few seconds before realising that the elder pony in front of her didn't have any horn, thus making her unable to use magic... unless she had found a way to do so, but she doubted it. 

The more they waited to see if others would come in, the more Seria tried to figure out how the map worked... with the castle moving to various locations and all, she didn't manage to understand much. This was all related to the legend, but she knew too little about it to clearly be able to distinguish something about the way the castle behaved on the map. Oh well... she'd give up eventually. There was no use in trying to solve this by herself when she'd get the answer. She liked to do things herself and understand by herself, but sometimes it was better to just let others explain. She didn't know everything yet about ponies. Fairies, yes, but ponies? She still had things to learn about.

Eventually it was time for what could be the briefing. Belle introduced herself and talked about the reason why they were all here. The fairy listened carefully and, though she already had many questions she wanted to ask, she remained silent in an effort to not interrupt the old mare. And before she would be done, she has shown them a binder that would contain answers to some of her questions... if not all. She would begin to look at it, going over pages quickly to give herself an idea of the whole thing. Yet she took more of her time when arriving on the creatures. Different ones... and many that she had heard about before. 

Seria would eventually remove herself from in front of the binder and she would walk up to Belle with something on the mind.

Seria: There is perhaps one thing that I would like to know. Just how dangerous can this be?

She'd ask out of curiosity, wanting to know the reason why ponies from Ponyville could be sent there. Obviously no one would want to die from this, but everything got her to believe that no one would come out from this gravely injured or worse. As for the loved ones, she already did say she was leaving for the night. Things had already been taken care of on this part.

Lavender pulled down her hood revealing her crystal mane and walked onwards with a small smile. She was positive that this would be dangerous and no pony would come out without an injury. She looked at her comrades noting down species:

A pegasus

A dairy

And herself, a Crystal Unicorn pony.

"I shall make haste and send my sister a message before I continue," Lavender said aloud as her horn lit up a soft purple and then a flash of white light.

"Glitter will know I'm gone," she smiled at the old mare before turning her attention towards the binder and map."This is truly exceptional! You have no magic but the map is the physical embodiment of magic! The notes you have collected are very well kept and I honour you I my our findings," Lavender Ooh and Ahhed over various notes, pictures, letters and models before really focusing on the list if species.

"Have you entered before Miss? You seek to know an awful lot about creatures that us ponies know nothing about," she asked genuinely as she pondered on the idea.

Belle told Autumn to come in and sit around the table and that she will start around 11 after Autumn sat as time when on more ponies came in a pegsus, a fairy which she hasn't seen in a long time, and a crystal unicorn which is unique because because the crystal ponies are only earth ponies not unicorn.After everypony came in and sat belle explain about the castle, she even put a binder about all the dangers they will encounter and told them to tell their loved ones about it but Autumn doesn't have any as she explain Autumn follow along as she talked about the map autumn looked also. the crystal unicorn said something to Belle that amused her a little but she didn't show it much because they don't know what she knows, and she knows not alot about the castle itself but from it list she knows most of those monsters, Autumn turn her attention to the crystal unicorn “nothing you know about but me i know about them" said Autumn

Belle watched the group of ponies read over her documents, keeping an eye on each one to make sure nothing is stolen. She hears the mutters of them, most compliments which were appreciated. Though her mind wandered somewhere else, to the castle itself. It was strange for a castle of this size to be moving about like this, and to appear in so many places only to have nothing inside. There has to be a reason for it, there just needs to be. Such as there needs to be a reason why the owner is named 'Vangore'.

That name rung through her ears like a siren, that one name that no pony has heard about. There wasn't an record of a castle owner by that name, nor was there a powerful Unicorn that could make the castle act like it does. So, what is the truth behind this castle? It boggled her mind, it was so strange for something like this to be true. Just where is the castle truly at? Why can't it stay in one place? Who is Vangore, a pony that no one knows about.

Though, as Belle puzzles this, she's brought back to reality as the fairy in the group had gotten up and asked her something. She nods, realizing that she had completely forgotten about the dangers everyone was going to be in, though that's to say there isn't truly any real danger as far as she knows. Every time the castle has appeared with its interior, the creatures inside only... push back. Not attacking, simply threatening and pushing back outside. Though, she needs to state this, as she sits up straight and announces

"I seem to have forgotten to tell you all about the dangers of this mission, thanks to our little fairy friend, she has reminded me of this. But, you should not fear for your lives, as the most damage that has been done was a broken foreleg nearly three hundred years ago. But I must warn you of what lies beyond the recorded point, as beyond that, is completely unknown. The recorded point is just passed the grand library on the fifth floor of the castle. From the design itself... it appears to be a seven floor castle, so be prepared to journey through the castle. You cannot fly through the windows, I will tell you now, as they are reinforced with magical steel, it will not break or bend with magic or force."

She takes a moment to catch her breath before continuing "The main entrance is always on the surface, looking like a gateway to another world. As I've stated before, the castle can appear anywhere, in the ground, in the sky, anywhere. Right now, we have no idea where it is, but once the bloodmoon has started, this map will tell us where it is." she says looking at the map, "The castle's throne room resides on the top floor, that is where you will meet the owner of such a strange castle. The Owner might be named 'Vangore' but I highly doubt it. However, it has been mentioned several times in my ancestor's notes, so they might be the owner. I want you all to find out the truth of this castle.. for everypony." She stopped as she motions toward the beds "These beds were made for you to rest before your journey, you are free to use them. The bloodmoon is tonight, it should be active around midnight. It lasts the whole night until Celestia's sun rises. Please rest so that you are at your full strength."

Belle finally stops, lowering her head tiredly. She looks as if she's about to collapse from being out here for so long. But, who could blame her? She's extremely old, almost older than Ponyville if you were to guess. The poor mare was clearly exhausted from being out here, setting this tent up by herself, and simply from the lack of energy she has. This is her last chance to catch the Castle of Nothingness, but you can see her smiling, knowing that these ponies here are willing enough to go in her stead. She clearly forgot about the Crystal pony's question, but she was clearly too tired to answer.

The nighttime sky was bright and beautiful, the clouds that were in the sky only obscured the sight of the moon, but it shined brightly either way. Princess Luna was preparing for the bloodmoon, which she rids herself of any negative magic within her, the magic of Nightmare Moon. The deep red stain on her life that she just wishes would die forever, but it keeps coming back, albeit very slowly.

The time draws near as the castle figure on the map started to slow down, circling in the center of the red circles of the map. It was almost time, before the Castle of Nothingness appeared. 

Darky finally finished his letter for Princess Luna telling her he wont be in the Castle for thay thay, then sent it to her. He sighed after he sent it, hoping he could get out of there alive, back to her. It was the only thing that worried him.

He heard everything that Belle said about the castle, wonderig ehat was beyond the recorded area and just who was this owner of the castle. He heard her say that his name was Va- Van what? Oh yeah! 'Vangore'. He never heard that name before, but it just creeped him out the fact that he owned such a castle. He stood up as Soon as Belle finished talking and noticed how tired she was. He also remembered that she didn't answered the Crystal pony's question, but it looked she couldn't now. He just sighed again and walked outside.

After exiting the tent, Darky sat just beside the entrance and looked up. Another beautiful star filled night sky made by his beloved one. He smiled at that, looking directly to the moon. It just reminded him of her. He had a bright smile in his face now, wating for Luna to bring out the Bloodmoon, now filled with exitement and a bit of fear to explore the castle. He checked if he had his armor, sword and shueld ready, he might need them inside the castle not only to defend himself, but also the others.

Lavender gave a small appreciative nod towards the old lady for her efforts in explain and living this long to see her efforts to be succeeded. "You should get some rest Miss, as you said, we'll need out full strength and you need to stay well enough for us to go in and leave to report back to you," Lavenders purple eyes smiled at her with a soft sweet glow before she herself approached the bed Belle had kindly put up for her.

"I personally won't worry about what is to come but I will like to had that 'Vangore' sounds like vampire so you never know what suprised may arouse, I hope to work well with everypony here and may we succeed," her magic removed the saddel bags and she curled up her body to rest on the bed comfortably.

Before long, sleep took over her and she was hoping any pony else would wake her when the Blood moon was to rise. Lavender's dream took her to a black castle and a man who was dressed in a black cape white shirt ad a puffy red thing, an Earth pony dropping the blood body of her sister.

'No you won't hurt her ' she thought to herself in the dream as she waited for what was to happen and come about.

To be honest with herself, Seria was glad that she had asked the question. Not only did it give her more information about the behavior of the creatures, but it also gave her a reason to stay alert if they managed to go further than the previous adventurers. But as of right now... there was nothing to worry about. The fairy thought of using one of the beds to rest up until the right time, but before that, something had caught her attention. The grey pegasus who walked out of the tent made her wonder if something bothered him. She did hear him sigh, after all. Besides, this would give her the occasion of knowing one of the members of this group a little.

Seria poked her head out of the tent to search for him. He was not very far anyway... She'd fully walk out of the tent so she could join up with him. By the looks of it, he seemed to enjoy the night sky.

Seria: Mind if I join you?

The fairy would ask as she would approach the pegasus. And like he did, she would also look up, seeing the sky completely covered with bright white dots, which easily reminded her of a friend of hers who had told her a story before. Seria couldn't help but to smile at this. She had no reason other than to think the sky was pretty that way, but she always reminded herself of her friend's personal story.

Seria: It is a pretty sky.

• 2 weeks later...

After all was said and done Autumn just left but the pegasus and fairy left before her. Autumn walked out and saw the two next too each other but other then that she paid them no mind for now she rase her left leg to her face and concentrate after a moment some of the wood off her leg fell off after moment after it hit the ground it turned into an Ocarina she pick it in her left green magic and started playing this song

the area where the wood fell out still missing, the trees reaction to the song not sure if their are close enough to notice but the trees release little green dots of lights that would form into bigger ones and go into her

• 2 weeks later...

The sky above was certainly a sight to see on this lovely night, the stars on this dimly lit place were brightly shimmering, lighting the ground that the ponies and animals called home just enough to see. The moon glowed its natural beauty, shining down onto the field with the small tent, giving its calming aura to those inside and out. It was a calm night, one would call it romantic if given the chance. The wind blew gently, and the clouds were few and far between, the stars giving the ones that were visible a brand new glow.

But as the night goes on, the sky soon begins to darken, clouds begin to swirl above as the moon begins to grow into a tone of red. The process was slow, as the waxing of red barely moved. The trees below began to shiver and shake as the winds became harsher, blowing toward the mountain. The waxing redness of the moon soon started to engluf the beautiful white shine, making the ground below hum a tint of pink.

But of all that went on, there was one thing that was noticeable. The clouds swirled over one spot, as the wind was blowing to that same spot, that spot so happened to be within the mountain side. Like a gaping hole, there was a black mark upon the side of the mountain, looking as if it were alive and about to move on its own. But soon, the light of the moon made it clear that, that spot was not a gaping hole, but a large castle just below canterlot.

Inside the tent, Belle noticed the castle figure had stopped at last and that her tent was shining a faint pink color. She slowly got up, walked to the sleeping pony to nudge them awake.

"Quickly... the blood moon is here, and the castle..." she looks to the map on the table "it lies in wait on the mountain" Belle quickly trots to the flaps of the tent, looking up at the waxing red moon and seeing it nearly complete. She looks around to find the others, though she then looks to the mountain side to see the large castle just above them. Still quite a climb, but she quickly glares at the castle, knowing fully well that this time, she'll be able to find out its mystery.

"Everypony!" she calls out of the tent "The time has come to engage the castle! Upon the mountain side is where it waits! We cannot waste any time, else it will be gone for another hundred years before it can be entered again!" She stops for a moment to catch her breath, before taking a deep breath and continues "You have until the sun rises! The Castle will then disappear without a trace, be sure that you find a safe spot before entering, we don't need unneeded injuries."

With that, Belle lies down just infront of the entrance, looking at the ponies to see what they will do. She would join them if she had the chance, but her frail body can barely hold up with theirs. She looks up to the sky, seeing the full blood moon in the sky giving off a scarlet tone.

Tonight is the night, the Castle of Nothingness has appeared. Are these ponies ready to face what lies in wait? Above the path that leads to nowhere? Or will it all be in vain, as the mystery will always be unsolved?

(*yays*)

Darky heard Seria talk to him. "Sure, go ahead." He said smiling to her, although his face was still looking up to the night sky. He felt charmed by it, not only because it was so beautiful, it also felt... romantic. He wanted to go back home to the hooves of the one he loved, the one that brought up this night sky.

"Indeed it is." He replied to Seria after a moment that she said that it was beautiful.

He leaned back and laid down on the grass, looking up to the sky and closing his eyes for a moment, enjoying the wind around him, the sky, everything. it would be a while until he could relax like that, and perhaps the last one if he wasn't careful. As the night carried on, he felt how everything was changing. He opened his eyes and noticed that the moon was starting to get red. It was time.

He quickly stood up and went inside to get his stuff ready. He put on his completely black armor and grabbed his sword and shield. He then went outside and noticed that the castle was starting to appear. He was amazed and a bit scared of the magic used to do that. He was even more eager to go inside now and not at the same time, it was an odd sensation. He then turned to Belle and nodded. "I understand." he said to her. He was ready to go now. He had his armor, sword and shield ready, as well as a few medical supplies he got before coming. He finally took out a necklace with a red jewel of an apple, a gift from Luna, and put it on. He felt that she was by his side. "Ready to go!" He said smirking as he waited for his companions.

Like Darky, Seria took the time to enjoy the peace and quiet of the night. It was rather enjoyable to just be sitting in the grass like this to look up at the night sky. She thought that it would be sweet to show something like this to her young friend Freesia, especially since it was not asking for anything else other than to just sit there and admire the stars and the brightful moon. The fairy was almost completely lost in her mind and forgot about her surroundings. She was enclosed with herself, thinking to herself and smiling. 

But things would slowly turn to a change as she'd never take her eyes off of the sky. She would notice the sky turning a darker color than it already was, plus the moon's color itself was slowly, but surely changing to a red one. The wind was felt stronger, carrying the mane of the fairy in a wave as clouds began to swirl up in the sky. The smile that Seria had quickly vanished as she was realising what was happening. The red moon being the biggest hint, she removed herself from her thoughts and came back to reality. She turned her head around to look at the tent as the wind kept on carrying her mane in the same direction. Belle was there and calling for them about the castle. Before she could react, she saw Darky rush inside of the tent, and thought that she should follow, which she did right after. 

She entered the tent after he did, where she would need to prepare, but she didn't need to. She knew her own powers could suffice to help the group with either food or water, and it was also her weapon. Unlike some others, though, she didn't have any armor to put on to protect herself. She had always relied on her own nature powers and knowledge to do things. In any case... it was now time. Seria nodded to Belle to show her that she understood everything that was said and also to show that she was ready. She nodded to Darky as well as he told that he was ready.

Seria: I need no preparations. Once everypony is ready, we shall leave immediately.

She would tell the group. Although obvious, she mostly wanted to reassure Belle in saying that they wouldn't lose any time so they could make the most of it. Seria was often taking the role of a leader when she was with her friends and that they were solving problems for others. She had gone on a few adventures as well before, and her friends always trusted her. She hoped that she could be trusted with these fellows too, if she ever was to be leading parts of it. 

Lavender awoke with a startle as her body sweated and the blood moon appeared. "Thank you for waking me," was all she said as she stood up, tightened her saddle bags and her hooves sounded loudly as se galloped out of the tent.

"Thank you Belle, I shall bring you something back for I, we, will return, please be careful Madam," Lavender Shine shouted back as her mane danced in the wind and a letter appeared din front fo her eyes.

Glitter was worried and scared but Lavender knee this was a chance to test her courage, she was the elder by a year and a half but her sister was always acting mature enough to be seem older.

"Fair well sister," she called out as the wind whipped her voice away and she begun to gallop up the mountainous terrain towards the Castle.

"Let go everypony! " Lavender cried out as she pushed her body onwards, tonight Luna was freeing herself and tonight, Lavender would trap herself.

• 2 weeks later...

((sorry if this is a short post))

Autumn was playing her song and gaining essence from the trees when she felt the wind pick up after which she fuse her Ocarina back into her leg and got up and went by the tent "i don't need to prepare either i have everything i need" said Autumn to belle after everypony got everything they needed and went ahead Autumn followed.

With everyone ready to take on the castle on the side of the mountain, Belle watched as they took their journey. She lowers her head as she thought about her time attempting to get through that castle, it was a difficult task to even get to the Library of the castle, that part of the castle was like a maze which it was next to impossible to proceed without help. But, she was lucky on her first and only go, she found something in that room... something she nearly forgot to say and give. She realized this just as everyone was about to go up th mountain to get to the castle, to which she gets up weakly.

"Seria..? Dear, wait just a moment please." Belle calls out to the fairy, turning to the tent just to be inside of the flap. Digging through a bag just inside of the tent, the sound of various thin metal bits clanking against eachother was heard as she then produces a small, hairpin. She turns back to Seria, giving her the small, golden like hairpin, with a green stargem embedded within its base. Afterward, Belle lays back down to rest, giving a small, but happy sigh. "Dear, that pin will be useful when you come to the library... I'm sure of it. Be sure not to lose it." she says softly to the fairy with a smile, knowing that she would put it to better use than she would.

With that, she let everyone go on their way to the castle, up the path of the mountain side which was darkened due to the massive castle just above them. The skies above the castle, and only the castle, was dark, stormy, looking to break apart and release some kind of monster. That feeling would become increasingly so as they would climb up the mountain side, closer to the Castle of Nothingness and its strange mystery that shrouds itself. The castle, from afar, looked similar in design to Canterlot Castle, however, there were many other spires, it was wider, and much more darker than the grand castle of Canterlot we know.

The journey to the castle would end to an arrupt stop, as they came face to face with a blue archway, giving off a purple glow. This Archway had a swirling magical matter within it, giving off sparkles of many different colors. The Archway didn't exactly seem like any design that ponydom knew, it held strange stone creatures that perched on the ends of the arch, as if guarding the way, as well as a cross that was just above the arch, for an unknown purpose.

With this archway being the only thing in their way to the castle, it might be the only way INTO the castle as well. Belle did say that the entrance to the castle would always be on the surface, possibly nearest to the castle. With where they were, they were so close to the castle, within the shadow of its base, but no sign of any entrance itself. So, what choice do you have, than to go through and see what happens?

Going through the Archway leads you to the gate of the castle itself, however, you would notice that you were outside, in almost an entirely different area than Equestria. Canterlot mountain can't be seen, even if you fly around to see where the castle was. If you do fly around, you'd notice that you were somehow within a sphere of stormclouds, and the castle being in the center of it all, almost as if it were floating in the sky by itself. The castle design was far different than any royal building, from the tiles, to the pillars and decorations, this castle was not apart of the Equestrian standard. Behind them would be a large drawbridge, that had been raised, though the point of it is moot as they seem to be within the air itself.

In front of them, was a large wood oak doorway, designed so beautifully, it was almost too beatuiful to be in the world. Beside the door were two torches as the flames sway viciously from left to right, as if unsure which way the wind blew. The wind itself, was nonexistant, as if in the center of a hurricane, calm and simply not there. Next to that doorway was a staircase that led to nowhere than above where they first came inside. It gave a better view of where they were, but it gave no other purpose than the view.

So this, is the Castle of Nothingness? Perhaps something more needs to be explained, but how would it be so, when no one is even there to greet them?

• 1 month later...

Archived